Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 (37837 Views)

Damco Recruitment 2017 / Career Opportunity At Damco Nigeria Logistics; Apply Now / Names Of Candidates Shortlisted For Nigeria Police Recruitment – 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by mafarawemi(m): 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2016
Guys any latest?
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by mafarawemi(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
Guys any latest?Workshop Manager
Salary: Negotiable
Reports to: General Manager

Overview:
We are currently working with a Leading Servicing Company for the Oil & Gas Sector in Nigeria for an urgent search for a Workshop Manager.
Our client hosts a comprehensive workshop facility in Port Harcourt.

Purpose of the Job
• This position will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
• Co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
• Ensures that the objectives of the project quality plan are achieved.
• Ensures that quality requirements, as laid down for repair/maintenance obligations are accomplished.
• Markets the services of the workshop to major clients.

Principal Duties
• Reviews and implements the project quality plan with the Project Manager.
• Ensures that Client’s project quality assurance requirements are fulfilled.
• Resolves Quality Assurance problems in close cooperation with project key personnel.
• Follow-up (corrective) actions to be taken – performs quality audits.
• Marketing of the workshop the workshop services to major clients.

Role Responsibilities
• Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations.
• Co-ordinates resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
• Ensures supplies are ordered for each job
• Assist in quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
• Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
• Provide oversight and check job estimates.
• Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices.
• Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the General Manager.
• Report on manpower overturns or shortfalls.
• Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
• Work with the General Manager to respond to the client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
• Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate Company’s services to them, which involves but is not limited to technical descriptions of products and suggest appropriate solutions, discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
• Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquires.
• Identify staffs that require on-going trainings and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved, work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model resources is informed of trends in performance.
• Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
Qualifications/Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• 10+ experience.
• Experience in Project Management is an added advantage.
• Experience in the maintenance of rotating equipment (pumps, turbines, compressors, etc.) will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge in costing services is a MUST.
• CAD drawing skills are an advantage but not essential.
• Project management experience.
• People management skills.
• Must be quality and productivity focused.
• Availability at short notice is imperative.
• NSE /COREN Certification is an added advantage.

Personal qualities
• Must be visionary and innovative
• Must be a stand up individual
• Must be residing in Port Harcourt
• Must possess strong work ethics, values and principles with safety as the first priority
• Must be very organized and possess a high level of initiative

For more information on this or any other exciting role within Oil & Gas please forward a copy of your CV to: ed@energitalent.com
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by mafarawemi(m): 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
Marketers are needed for immediate employment in a consulting firm in port Harcourt. Applicants must be residents of port Harcourt. Send your cv to info@Logroplusconsulting.org or call 08034456001
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by mafarawemi(m): 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2016
Guys howdy,any latest from Damco?
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by uzor55(m): 1:58am On Jan 31, 2016
Did anyone apply for the post of commercial analyst at Damco? Cos i did and wrote the online test yesterday, saturday. Later same day i got an.invite to cum.write an onsite test on monday at their ofc. Anybody with same invite?
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by kudus007(m): 9:11am On Jan 31, 2016
applied business Development executive and after the online test last week..nothing yet. anybody with me?
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by mafarawemi(m): 12:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
BDE candidates have not received any info,i think, so uzor did u apply for ibadan or ph office?
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
uzor55:
Did anyone apply for the post of commercial analyst at Damco? Cos i did and wrote the online test yesterday, saturday. Later same day i got an.invite to cum.write an onsite test on monday at their ofc. Anybody with same invite?

Please how many questions did you attempt out of the 50
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by babiechic: 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hi guys, so i also applied and did the online tests and I was sent a mail yesterday to come for the bde online test in Tuesday.
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
uzor55:

Hi Uzor. Pls is it a different test frm d one u wrote on d 25th or so which i responded ? And whrres ur location pls
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
kudus007:
applied business Development executive and after the online test last week..nothing yet. anybody with me?

Yes. No response yet. I did the test last week saturday
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by uzor55(m): 11:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
MRFIXX:

Attempted only 35
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by uzor55(m): 11:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
MRFIXX:

Attempted only 35
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by uzor55(m): 11:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
habillion:

Hi Uzor. Pls is it a different test frm d one u wrote on d 25th or so which i responded ? And whrres ur location pls
Yes it is. Am in lagos. I also wrote the one for BDE whc i had some internet challenges.
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by uzor55(m): 11:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
mafarawemi:
BDE candidates have not received any info,i think, so uzor did u apply for ibadan or ph office?
I applied for d PH office. No response on dat yet though.
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 01, 2016
uzor55:

Attempted only 35

OK. Tnx for the response. I applied for PH, maybe they haven't reviewed that yet.
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by kudus007(m): 8:50am On Feb 01, 2016
habillion:

Yes. No response yet. I did the test last week saturday
Ok thanks for the response
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by sheyeebright: 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hi everyone, I don't think we have to worry over some got an invite for an onsite or online test at the company's office here. I think two questions we need to answer are
1. Did the person with the invite applied for the same post I applied for? Then if yes, how long would it take to review the assessment before the shortlisting begins.
2. When does the site closes for the assessment ? For God sake this person claim to have written the test on Saturday and got the feed back the same day "even when the site is said to close on Sunday" I guess this guys assessment must have been review onsite!
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by sheyeebright: 12:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
On the other hand, we can also take as though they were invited to come and retake the assessment as a result of internet challenge these folks had during their first assessment. My submission!
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by kemmary: 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
A company in Magodo GRA, Lagos has urgent Marketing vacancies for Industrial Training Students (OND). The pay is 20k. Interested applicants should forward their CVs to recruitingformlng@yahoo.com. Resumption is February 2016. Proximity is not a barrier as successful applicants will be required to work in their Local government of residence.
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by kudus007(m): 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
maybe the person should mention the content of the mail, if it's a success mail for the next phase or to retake the test..you are right
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by mafarawemi(m): 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
sheyeebright:
Hi everyone, I don't think we have to worry over some got an invite for an onsite or online test at the company's office here. I think two questions we need to answer are
1. Did the person with the invite applied for the same post I applied for? Then if yes, how long would it take to review the assessment before the shortlisting begins.
2. When does the site closes for the assessment ? For God sake this person claim to have written the test on Saturday and got the feed back the same day "even when the site is said to close on Sunday" I guess this guys assessment must have been review onsite!

chill bro,i think Business Development Applicant r much compared to commercial analyst and besides we didnt write test the same time, damco is a big coy and they must send us either regret or success mail by friday,just saying
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by uzor55(m): 3:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
The invitation to write an onsite test is only for those that made it through to the next stage. The onsite test is another PLI test to ascertain if u completed the offsite test yourself without any sort of external assistance. After the onsite test, your score would determine if you will be invited for an interview or not. To God be the glory, i was invited for an interview tomorrow. Same time. Same venue.
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by uzor55(m): 4:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
sheyeebright:

The coy myt have decided to complete recruitment of d commercial analyst prior to d BDE. I wrote both tests bt it happens that this is coming first. Yes i got feedback same day. And i was told to expect today an email inviting me for an interview. So for the BDE i want to believe they will begin to send out mails soon.
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by uzor55(m): 4:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
kudus007:
maybe the person should mention the content of the mail, if it's a success mail for the next phase or to retake the test..you are right

The content was brief. It only said u have been invited to write an onsite test at our office. Then beneath was the schedule. That was all.
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by kudus007(m): 5:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
I applied both too, commercial and BDE so I got invited for BDE online PI and PLI and today I got a regret mail for commercial analyst..so I think they are still reviewing or want to clear the commercial analyst role first.
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by kudus007(m): 5:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
uzor55:

The content was brief. It only said u have been invited to write an onsite test at our office. Then beneath was the schedule. That was all.
only you? or you guys are much?

1 Like

Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by posh8701: 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by uzor55(m): 8:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
babiechic:
Hi guys, so i also applied and did the online tests and I was sent a mail yesterday to come for the bde online test in Tuesday.

Babiechic where is ur location?
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by uzor55(m): 12:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
To everyone who have been invited to write d BDE onsite test, when u completed d first test did u have any internet challenge cos if u did d application myt nt av saved your result. Which means d recruiter myt nt av seen ur result. I guess that is d reason for silence on dea path. The BDE test i wrote had some internet challenge guess dats y av still nt heard frm them till now. Just completed d interview.
Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by mafarawemi(m): 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Mr uzor i disagree, every online test saves automatically after the test time elapse. Lets wait for them a bit. no one has received any nw step for d BDE recruitment

1 Like

Re: Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016 by uzor55(m): 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
mafarawemi:
Mr uzor i disagree, every online test saves automatically after the test time elapse. Lets wait for them a bit. no one has received any nw step for d BDE recruitment

I met someone at damco office this morning. He came to write the BDE onsite test. His schedule was for1:30pm.you are very correct but Does it also save when your connection messes up.inbetween? After it must have successfully saved automatically then it pops up the thank you page.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

AMAZON Seeks Qualified Candidates For Positions Based In Nigeria. / Nigeria Police Force Recruitment 2018 (Check Details) / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.