Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation (3828 Views)

A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) / Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / The Spider; The Butterfly, The Struggle For Survival And The Beauty Of Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation by MrAwePresident: 12:05am On Jan 16, 2016
CHAPTER SIX
Out to please OLODUMARE, his adored creator, ORISANLA fashioned mankind in OLODUMARE’s most alluring form.
He moulded man with utmost adroitness. He made ten toes and ten fingers, he made two eyes, two nostrils and so on. His model remains till date. After he was done with the first man, he admired the fruit of his labour albeit a shell, for he had yet to put the component in the IGBA IWA in man, he was confident that OLODUMARE would be deeply satisfied with the beauty he had created.
His accomplishment gave him an air of ease and he decided to rest. He explored the new earth he had helped created. “It was no longer fit to be called watery earth,” he mused.
Though he was well rested, he wasn’t still back in optimum condition. It was a strange occurrence, one he was yet to demystify. He continued his exploration and during this time he discovered he had a new sensation, his throat was dry. Not knowing what to do, he decided to drink water from the ocean. It seemed logical to him that wetness could be a fix to this dryness. To his utmost dismay, the water he drank contained something strange, in excess. He spat it out almost immediately he scooped a little into his mouth.
ORISANLA decided to make a drink from the exceptional tall palm tree which he used to descend to the earth. He drank from the tree and his thirst was soothed but he did not stop drinking, not because he was thirsty or because he could not stop, it was because the drink was sweet and it made him feel lighter.
After a while, ORISANLA was drunk. He had had an excess of the drink from the palm tree, now known as palm wine. He didn’t know he was drunk, in fact he liked the state he was in. He returned to creating more men.
Meanwhile in the Heavens, OLODUMARE was anxious about the new creation, so anxious that he summoned a deity, ODUDUWA, to go and check ORISANLA’s progress.
ODUDUWA obeyed OLODUMARE and left for earth immediately. To his utmost amazement, he found that ORISANLA was moulding beings that looked nothing like OLODUMARE in any of his form. He could tell that ORISANLA was trying to mould them into OLODUMARE’s most preferred form but the creatures were deformed in appearance but he. He was disappointed in ORISANLA and was tempted to go back to the heavens without expressing his discomfort with ORISANLA’s creations as it was not his place to admonish him.
Nervously, ODUDUWA confronted ORISANLA but he noticed an odd change in ORISANLA’s behaviour and gait. Concerned, “What is wrong with you?” ODUDUWA asked. ORISANLA smiled and told him that nothing was wrong with him but that a secret to make his assignment on earth easier and his stay on earth pleasant. ODUDUWA was confused, he didn’t know what to make of the reply he got. He pressed and asked what the secret was and ORISANLA regaled him with the story of how he discovered a drink from the palm tree. “It is a divine liquid, a gift from OLODUMARE himself. It is the reason why I’ve been able to do so much in such a little time,” ORISANLA said.
ODUDUWA was convinced that this mysterious drink ORISANLA talked about was responsible for his current state. He advised ORISANLA to desist from the consumption of this drink that it was damaging to his mission. Dead to reason, ORISANLA sneered at ODUDUWA and headed in the direction of the palm tree.
This time he drank till he passed out, ODUDUWA took it upon himself to complete the task of creation on OBATALA’s behalf.
ODUDUWA completed the task and returned to the heavens.
Re: OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation by girlhaley(f): 9:48am On Jan 16, 2016
Subscribing
Re: OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation by MrAwePresident: 2:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
CHAPTER SEVEN
OBATALA was furious with ODUDUWA for completing his task, without his consent; he returned to the heavens.
Word of the happening got to ODUDUWA, he called ODUDUWA in the presence of all the ORISHAS and he appointed ODUDUWA first and only king of mankind that he should take the form of man and reside with them as their ruler.
OLODUMARE gave him the power of reincarnation that he change his body as the previous body dies. For OLODUMARE knew that the clay bodies created would not be able to hold a deity for eternity and that he may be with man long enough to ensure ORISANLA’s anger subsides.
ORISANLA came before OLODUMARE, he pled for justice but OLODUMARE told him that his petition lacked merit. “This is unfair! It is not fair!” ORISANLA thought. OLODUMARE saw into his thoughts and he was disappointed that his favourite deity questioned his judgement. Even though ORISANLA didn’t voice his reservations, it pained OLODUMARE that it crossed his mind at all. To quash every ill feeling and doubts, OLODUMARE showed ORISANLA a vision of his conduct on earth.
ORISANLA was shocked, he didn’t know he did anything close to what he saw, and his heart was saddened. Filled with regret, he asked OLODUMARE for the grace to right his wrongs, he swore an oath in the presence of OLODUMARE to be the guardian and provider of the deformed creatures he formed and to never again drink the water of the palm tree known today as palm wine.
OLODUMARE summoned ILE and commanded her to leave the heavens for she had caused enough disturbances with her greed and jealousy. He casted her to dwell beneath the new creations feet and to never return to the heavens. She accepted her faith and left the presence of OLODUMARE without uttering a word.
OLODUMARE did not punish the other ORISHAS for their actions because OBATALA was not able to complete the task due to his own slip-up but he instructed them not to interfere with the new creations. Not all the ORISHAS obeyed this command. Some still went about possessing some men and others demanding sacrifices from men.
OLODUMARE commended ESU and ORUNMILA for not comprising their stance and joining forces with ILE. He gave them as much right and permission to interact with the new creations as ORISANLA. ORUNMILA and ESU were both promoted to co –exist as equals with ORISANLA in the trinity of divinities .They humbly accepted their gifts and descended to the new world.

EPILOGUE
ILE met with ORUNMILA and pleaded with him to help her dwell gloriously in her new abode. He agreed and instructed her to make the following sacrifices and by doing so she will profit from men’s undertakings and blessings in life. He instructed ILE to offer a sacrifice of 16 OBI, 16 OROGBO, 16 ATARE, 16 RATS, 16 PIGEONS, and 16 GUINE FOWLS. ILE agreed and offered the sacrifice as directed by ORUNMILA. Indeed the work and the profit of all living being returned to ILE with profit. We build and all our undertakings and investment, our achievements and children is made possible because of ILE – and to her we return - to the bosom of earth - after our earthly journey. We grow, we struggle, we become poor or rich on earth and later we are all swallowed up by the same ILE. Men‘s profit and poverty in life will in death end up in the belly of the earth. Hence the OGBONI Society was founded to secure the worship of mother – earth.

Re: OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation by MrAwePresident: 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR READING AND LIKING
SHOUTS TO MR OTITOOLAJ FOR HIS WORKS
COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL 2016

Contact me on wessi90@yahoo.com for info

I would love too hear your feedbacks

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE
Re: OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation by MrAwePresident: 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
CAUTION
I DO NOT WORSHIP NOR TO I ENCOURAGE THE WORSHIP OF DIETIES
THIS WORK IS STRICTLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES
Re: OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation by MrAwePresident: 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
CAUTION
I DO NOT WORSHIP NOR TO I ENCOURAGE THE WORSHIP OF DEITIES
Re: OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation by Shifu(m): 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
MrAwePresident:
CAUTION
I DO NOT WORSHIP NOR DO I ENCOURAGE THE WORSHIP OF DEITIES
grin grin grin
Re: OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation by donkross1(m): 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
E don finish ? shocked
Re: OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation by MrAwePresident: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
donkross1:
E don finish ? shocked
Sorry mate, I dont think our generation has a long attention span...so everything is done swiftly
Hope you liked the work wink
Re: OBATALA: The Dawn Of Creation by donkross1(m): 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2016
MrAwePresident:

Sorry mate, I dont think our generation has a long attention span...so everything is done swiftly
Hope you liked the work wink

Lol very nice piece. Lalasticlala Seun. Make una kan see abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Download John Grisham Books From?!!! / A Good Writer Should Help Me Write This / Entrapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.