Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,342 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:44 PM

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: (49277 Views)

Construction Of New Terminal At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport, Lagos / Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) / How I Was Scammed By A Hotel / Booking Agency At Murtala Mohammed Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by magicminister: 12:58am On Jan 07, 2016
All the buses that are meant to shuttle passengers from the parking lots to the murtala mohammed international airport are no longer working due to lack of maintenace. May i remind you that there were all bought brand new some years back
Passengers have to trek miles in order to move from parking lot to air-port and vice versa.
I was unfortunate enough to have been at the airport yesterday and i ended up with severe back pain due to the trekking and load i tagged along.

Secondly, the car park toll gate was malfunctioning and the security men took maximum advantage. instead of paying at the cashier's desk, the security men would accept a token from vehicles and let them pass.

Please, how low can we go in this country?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by magicminister: 1:01am On Jan 07, 2016
you can clearly see the parked buses that are supposed to shuttle commuters to and from the airport to the car park.

most people ended up trekking all the way to the airport with their heavy luggages as shown in the picture above.

Lest i forget, one of the Nahco Aviance staffs accosted me for taking pictures.... lol!!...

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Luukasz(m): 1:01am On Jan 07, 2016
God Bless Africa!!!!!!!
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by magicminister: 1:04am On Jan 07, 2016
Luukasz:
God Bless Africa!!!!

amen oh.
I mean, nobody is asking for a miracle but its sickening to see us fail the very basic tasks.
I am sure the maintenance budget for those buses and the toll gate have been duly disbursed but someone is sitting on it.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 07, 2016
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.

209 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by oduastates: 1:11am On Jan 07, 2016
Murtala mohammed has always been an eyesore but under Jonathan, that eyesore became something else . You need to see the immigration desk in arrival to experience the Jonathan's transformation.
In spite of the so called 1 billion dollars worth of transformation.
The place stanks,
Ceiling without ceiling tiles exposing the moldy concrete beams above.

1Leaking roof.
2 Hot and damp.
3 Panty like buckets, the leg of a broken chair all over the place.
4 Broken furniture stacked in a corner and within sight of visitors.
That Hall could have been mostly rectified with less than a million naira.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Luukasz(m): 1:13am On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:

amen oh.
I mean, nobody is asking for a miracle but its sickening to see us fail the very basic tasks.
I am sure the maintenance budget for those buses and the toll gate have been duly disbursed but someone is sitting on it.
Abi now nobody is ready to take action all na mouth and chest beating and if people like us wants to do so our parents will be the first to go against it and yet they will still be ones that will sit down,cross leg and complain bitterly about NG.
But pray for me to be ya presido if i ge dere ya lives go beta naija go change.

10 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Luukasz(m): 1:16am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.
Then stand up for your right and dont give up the fight.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 07, 2016
Luukasz:
Then stand up for your right and dont give up the fight.
I don't really care about this hell. Very very soon I won't be a Nigerian. I used to think biafra was the answer but with what I have seen, am running away before its too late.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:
All the buses that are meant to shuttle passengers from the parking lots to the murtala mohammed international airport are no longer working due to lack of maintenace. May i remind you that there were all bought brand new some years back
Passengers have to trek miles in order to move from parking lot to air-port and vice versa.
I was unfortunate enough to have been at the airport yesterday and i ended up with severe back pain due to the trekking and load i tagged along.

Secondly, the car park toll gate was malfunctioning and the security men took maximum advantage. instead of paying at the cashier's desk, the security men would accept a token from vehicles and let them pass.

Chineke Odinma!!

Even the use of buses screams inefficiency - sigh.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:

Trolley is not free in the USA when departing unless you hijack an unused one in the parking lot. I know that it's free in arrival in Houston but not free in both arrival and departure in LAX

Let's be reasonable.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by libertyfather(m): 1:21am On Jan 07, 2016
Is that my country airport? that's not nice, anyway I've not been to any airport before when I was in Nigeria, nothing like such here in Canada.... wondering how I make it down to this place? I pass through berger

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Luukasz(m): 1:30am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:

I don't really care about this hell. Very very soon I won't be a Nigerian. I used to think biafra was the answer but with what I have seen, am running away before its too late.
You can run away from Nigeria but Nigeria can never run away from you cos Nigeria runs in your blood its in your skin,its in every facet of your life.
When i see some youths saying they want to run away from NG i just shake my head. If Lee Kuan Yew ran away from singapore will singapore get to where it is today.
If Nelson Mandela ran away from SA will SA get to where it is today.NO!! they wont but because this men had the love of their country at heart they chose to stay and revive their fatherland.
You never know that of NG might be me,it might be you or anyone else. As for me no matter how bad NG can be i will stay and do my best.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by cannonnier(m): 1:31am On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:

. Look at it this way; "atleast you had exercised you bones".

Major concern here is the olds an little. chidren.

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Destined2win: 2:03am On Jan 07, 2016
When I become President, I will ensure that Nigerians will not have to go through all of these. Just keep praying that time comes soonest. Indeed, it's going to be the best of times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by oduastates: 2:45am On Jan 07, 2016
Luukasz:
You can run away from Nigeria but Nigeria can never run away from you cos Nigeria runs in your blood its in your skin,its in every facet of your life.
When i see some youths saying they want to run away from NG i just shake my head. If Lee Kuan Yew ran away from singapore will singapore get to where it is today.
If Nelson Mandela ran away from SA will SA get to where it is today.NO!! they wont but because this men had the love of their country at heart they chose to stay and revive their fatherland.
You never know that of NG might be me,it might be you or anyone else. As for me no matter how bad NG can be i will stay and do my best.
Lee kwan yew forced development on his people.
He did this by changing their orientation from ostentatious consumption to makers.

11 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by dayleke: 3:11am On Jan 07, 2016
Are cabs not allowed to take you to departure hall anymore?

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Luukasz(m): 3:12am On Jan 07, 2016
oduastates:

He did this by changing their orientation from ostentatious consumption to makers.

Whether he forced it on them or not he stood up to revive singapore and he achieved it.

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Achuwa1(m): 3:37am On Jan 07, 2016
Troley is free & in excess @ hamad international airport in doha,,,moreover,all the troleys in hamad are bought by non-government & private organizations coz their names are written on them,but they all in excess & free to use....
what are MTN & co. doing tht they cant take responsibility of little things like tht to help publicize their brand & also help ease travellers burden.
As for MMA it is the govt responsibility to take care of tht or they should privatisize MMA so thttravellers can enjoy same thing they enjoyed from where they are cuming

10 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by GettysBurg: 3:55am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:

That's not true! In many airports in the USA, including JFK, New York, you pay up to $6 to use a trolley.

And it is not N500 paid for trolleys at MMIA Lagos.

Make we dey talk true.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by opribo(m): 4:23am On Jan 07, 2016
I am sure someone must have budgeted to buy new sets of buses, that is the way we are no maintenance culture yet we have a sitting minister. The social media change agents would never comment here that is not what they are paid to do but we on our part will always bring out the ills of our society to the consciousness of our leaders that's what we owe the country not to praise worship anybody be you who.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 07, 2016
The airport where the AC is permanently broken and they use these huge industrial fans to blow humid air on everybody grin It's just too wack

11 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by WebSurfer(m): 4:47am On Jan 07, 2016
kpele
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by mikolo80: 5:54am On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:

amen oh.
and what have you done about it besides lament
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by mikolo80: 6:03am On Jan 07, 2016
Luukasz:
When i see some youths saying they want to run away from NG i just shake my head.

let them run
we have 170 million replacements
we don't need ppl who are not with us

If Lee Kuan Yew ran away from singapore will singapore get to where it is today.

now that's a role model
too bad we don't have one yet

If Nelson Mandela ran away from SA will SA get to where it is today.

bros abeg make we de tell awasef true
no be by Mandela SA take make sense
na oyinbo arrange that place
and mbeki and zuma just de supervise d dismantling of all things good there

NO!! they wont but because this men had the love of their country at heart they chose to stay and revive their fatherland.

you no hear say him be biafra
he obviously cannot love Nigeria

abeg enter politics or impact investing

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by mikolo80: 6:04am On Jan 07, 2016
oduastates:

so what's your point
you should be left to roam aimlessly or what?
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 07, 2016
Cursed black men and black nations; disgrace to humanity; I wasn't expecting anything different...

Blackmen, Black brain.... Useless people, swine to the world... people living like pigs in 21st century and donot see it as a problem...

**spits**

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 07, 2016
oduastates:
Murtala mohammed has always been an eyesore but under Jonathan, that eyesore became something else . You need to see the immigration desk in arrival to experience the Jonathan's transformation.
In spite of the so called 1 billion dollars worth of transformation.
The place stanks,
Ceiling without ceiling tiles exposing the moldy concrete beams above.

1Leaking roof.
2 Hot and damp.
3 Panty like buckets, the leg of a broken chair all over the place.
4 Broken furniture stacked in a corner and within sight of visitors.
That Hall could have been mostly rectified with less than a million naira.
8 months into the current government of "change", yet you're still blaming the past government that was voted out 10 months ago? When will the APC and sick sycophants like you start taking responsibility? Make small shame catch una na

38 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by angelTI(f): 6:13am On Jan 07, 2016
...but other African airports are not this bad now undecided

Why is Nigeria's own like this? Bad maintenance culture?

God save us!!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here / U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows / Truck Conveying Army Armored Tank Involved In Multiple Accident In Borno. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.