Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! (3832 Views)

Netflix Is Now Bigger Than Cable Tv – Forbes / Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! / Cds And Dvds: Any Good News For Jiji's Film And Music Videos ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Naijalane: 4:49am On Jan 07, 2016
Woaaaaw Netflix is now available in Nigeria!
This must be a good news to Nigerians movie addict!
Netflix is one of the best and popular online/internet video streaming service where you can watch movies and TV show episode in HD without downloading it on your device.
Though this service has been in existence for many years but was restricted in Nigeria.

I got this message in my mail; "Good news! Netflix is now available in Nigeria. Now you can enjoy TV shows & movies on your TV, computer, phone and tablet. Watch as much as you want, whenever you want. Plus, there are no ads or commercials."

You can now sign up and enjoy free one month on your devices!

You can also download the app for your Android from
Google playStore

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/qJEqftz-pCdJMEaJ95ezNN-NAx9tEbsM3xaklyTMr8MkVqYCQD_Ps6Van8AHraRWCdM=h310[/img]

And for your iPhone/iPad from iTune store.

Enjoy!!!!!

Source; https://www.naijalane.wapka.me
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by skywalker495(m): 4:54am On Jan 07, 2016
Which data yhu wón take Netflix? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Naijalane: 4:59am On Jan 07, 2016
Just subscribe to any affordable unlimited data plan and you are good to gooooo!!! I expect you to ask about Internet speed?
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by khalhokage(m): 5:01am On Jan 07, 2016
Naijalane:
Just subscribe to any affordable unlimited data plan and you are good to gooooo!!! I expect you to ask about Internet speed?

Which unlimited data plan? leave speed 1st.

5 Likes

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by henryobinna(m): 5:10am On Jan 07, 2016
nice,
thought they've always been in Nigeria after the deal with iRoko Tv

1 Like

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Naijalane: 5:17am On Jan 07, 2016
khalhokage:

Which unlimited data plan? leave speed 1st.

I guess glo data plans will be the best for now, like Glo 1,000 For 1GB or 1.5GB for N1000?
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by iPopAlomo(m): 5:48am On Jan 07, 2016
Naijalane:

I guess glo data plans will be the best for now, like Glo 1,000 For 1GB or 1.5GB for N1000?

Hahahahahahahahha...

1 Like

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by nairamaverick(m): 6:17am On Jan 07, 2016
Netflix and chill
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by bobo65(m): 6:20am On Jan 07, 2016
Naijalane:

U wan use 1.5gb to stream?

1 Like

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by hatux: 6:23am On Jan 07, 2016
Really good news...
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Aviero: 6:47am On Jan 07, 2016
When I ft buy the complete movie for 150.. I go con de waste data

2 Likes

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by bright007(f): 6:50am On Jan 07, 2016
this OP is funny .....with the exorbitant fees by network in naija.....you want to stream with Netflix?

Oyo is your name
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:52am On Jan 07, 2016
I'll rather download the movie from torrent sites than waste it streaming on Netflix.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Goridoe(m): 6:53am On Jan 07, 2016
bobo65:

U wan use 1.5gb to stream?

leave ahm.! be like say na Nokia C2 hin dey use... stream online with 1gb huh.! isssokay!!! grin
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by izikjon(m): 6:55am On Jan 07, 2016
hatux:
Really good news...
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Hotdiamond(m): 6:57am On Jan 07, 2016
No one in his right senses would use cellular data to stream Netflix. All these streaming services best work with WIFI

1 Like

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by fr3do(m): 7:03am On Jan 07, 2016
with which data and speed?

1 Like

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by PoeticJazco(m): 7:06am On Jan 07, 2016
Does it show blue film because I miss the days of staying till 1 am in the night just to watch E!. and joy TV.

1 Like

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by BigJakie: 7:47am On Jan 07, 2016
ok good... naw I can call babes so we can 'NETFLIX AND CHILL'
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by kombats: 8:24am On Jan 07, 2016
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Naijalane: 8:56am On Jan 07, 2016
Aviero:
When I ft buy the complete movie for 150.. I go con de waste data
all those #150 discs are not in HD and not all latest movie can be found in the market stores
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Naijalane: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2016
fr3do:
with which data and speed?
3G network is okay 4 now, I can't say anything more about the internet speed. I believe with time there would be something like "Netflix data plan" in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 07, 2016
Naijalane:

all those #150 discs are not in HD and not all latest movie can be found in the market stores
Neither can that 1.5gb plan stream a full HD movie. The speed alone of our Nigerian telecom operators would frustrate one from watching a standard definition movie talk less of HD. The best bet are torrent downloads.

1 Like

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Naijalane: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2016
charix:

Neither can that 1.5gb plan stream a full HD movie. The speed alone of our Nigerian telecom operators would frustrate one from watching a standard definition movie talk less of HD. The best bet are torrent downloads.
You are right but there is still hope, I believe with time there would be something like "Netflix data plan" by Nigeria ISPs

1 Like

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2016
Naijalane:

You are right but there is still hope, I believe with time there would be something like "Netflix data plan" by Nigeria ISPs
Even at that I'd still stick to the ever tried and tested torrent downloads. Netflix was never needed here and they'd learn their lesson at the end of 2016. Nobody would tell them to close shop, na them go carry leg run.

1 Like

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Naijalane: 9:19am On Jan 07, 2016
charix:

Even at that I'd still stick to the ever tried and tested torrent downloads. Netflix was never needed here and they'd learn their lesson at the end of 2016. Nobody would tell them to close shop, na them go carry leg run.
Don't talk like that bro, do u want this country to continue in darkness? This is why our neighboring countries developes faster than us.
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Naijalane:

Don't talk like that bro, do u want this country to continue in darkness? This is why our neighboring countries developes faster than us.
I don't see how entertainment would pull our country forward if we still can't create world class films and series.
Almost everyone conversant with Internet browsing know sites you can visit to stay updated with series. Even when living in foreign lands where Netflix was the backbone of entertainment those sites served me well, coming back to Nigeria was only a transition and I could stream from those sites with ease although data costs here eat a hole in one's pocket.

Netflix here would've made sense if introduced to Nigeria the same time as other western nations. Since they didn't make use of the chance years ago most Nigerians've alternatives which serve them even better.

1 Like

Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Naijalane: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2016
charix:

I don't see how entertainment would pull our country forward if we still can't create world class films and series.
Almost everyone conversant with Internet browsing know sites you can visit to stay updated with series. Even when living in foreign lands where Netflix was the backbone of entertainment those sites served me well, coming back to Nigeria was only a transition and I could stream from those sites with ease although data costs here eat a hole in one's pocket.

Netflix here would've made sense if introduced to Nigeria the same time as other western nations. Since they didn't make use of the chance years ago [s]most Nigerians've alternatives which serve them even better[/s].

Pls I need to know those site that is better than Netflix without copyright infringement?
Re: Good News! Netflix Is Now Available In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
Naijalane:

Guy, any site that is sharing something that supposed to be paid for 4 free is violating copyright laws!
Free kwanu? What of the nairas I pay for data?
Netflix is a little too late and would only lose the Nigerian market, that's my original conclusion and still remains. If google sees no problem with me browsing those sites then no international law was broken.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Tv Series Of All Time / TV SERIES: Download Cursed Season 1 (complete) / Attack On Titan: The Best Anime Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.