Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect (21813 Views)

How My N150,000 "Turned To Paper" & How I Fell Victim To "One Chance" - Man / Lagos Hairdresser Commits Suicide By Drinking Insecticide Over Debt Of N150,000 / Woman Rescued From Committing Suicide at Lagos Lagoon Over N150,000 debt (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by viviangist2: 6:56am On Jan 07, 2016
A telecommunication maintenance engineer, David Nwawuisi, has revealed that he got an initial payment of N150,000 to install a Radio Biafra transmitter on an MTN mast in Ngwo, Enugu State.

The 29-year-old, who was on the payroll of Ericsson, the firm managing mast sites for MTN, revealed this in a statement which he made to the Department of State Services on July 27, 2015.

Nwawuisi, who disclosed that he was managing 45 MTN sites for Ericsson, said the Radio Biafra transmitter had operated for three months on MTN mast before it was discovered and his subsequent arrest by the DSS on July 15, 2015.

Nwawuisi, who obtained a B.Sc degree in Biochemistry from the Enugu State University of Science and Technology in 2010, said he was being paid N73,000 plus per month by Ericsson.

He stated that it was the same amount he was being paid as a trainee when he joined the company as a trainee in 2014.

He narrated how he was contacted by one Chidiebere Onwudiwe, whom the Federal Government said was at large, and one Obioma, to seal the deal for the installation of the transmitter at the mast site.

Nwawuisi stated, “I came to know about Chidiebere and Obioma one day the security woman called me to tell me that that they will like to install a radio ( transmitter) on one of my sites at Ngwo in Enugu State and I told them that I don’t know who they are that if they can make out time so that we can see face to face because I don’t know them and that was in May.

“So the next day, they called me. I was working in one of my sites at St. Michael Catholic Church Asata in Enugu State. I asked them to come down to that site and that was the place I saw them for the first time and they introduced themselves as Chidiebere and Obioma. They also asked for my name and I said David. They also asked for my native name and I said Chukwugozie and from there Chidiebere started saying that the radio (transmitter) they are asking for my permission to install in my site is to help them educate our people (Igbo) and let them know their brothers and where they come from….

“They called me again to remind me of that and that was when I told them ok and we agreed that they are going to be paying N25,000 only per month which they paid six months upfront. N75,000 cash was given to me that day they came for the installation and out of that I gave N5,000 to the security woman. The balance was paid into my account at Ecobank after the First Bank (account) I gave to Obioma failed to accept the payment.

“The payment of the balance was done two weeks after the installation of the radio (transmitter). On three different occasions, Chidiebere and Obioma called me to do some maintenance on the radio (transmitter). I gave them access into the site and left and when they finished, the security woman informed me that they are through and I came and locked the site.

“The items Chidiebere came (with) were an electronic that looks like a decoder and a DSTV dish which was installed on the fence. The other items were installed inside the MTN site shelter. The equipment has been there for three months and on July 15 the MTN staff went to the site and called me from the site and asked me what the equipment is. The name of the MTN staff is Mr. John Ibekwe. When he was calling, I couldn’t get what he was asking due to the environment because I was driving and when I parked, I called the security woman to ask her and she told me that is the equipment that Chidiebere and Obioma installed that his asking of.

“I called back the MTN man to tell him what the equipment is for, that is a Radio Biafra (transmitter) that was installed by Chidiebere and Obioma. I told him that I will like to see him which he asked be to come to Shoprite and I came and after I was taken to the MTN office by the MTN security patrol team. From the office, after telling them how the equipment came about and how I got to know about Chidiebere, I was taken to Enugu DSS office.” (sic)

He stated that the MTN thereafter uninstalled the Radio Biafra transmitter.

He added that the last time he spoke with Chidiebere on the telephone was when he was at the DSS office in Enugu.

The Federal Director of Public Prosecutions, Mr. Mohammed Diri, who signed the fresh charges, the case summary and other processes accompanying them on behalf of the government, alleged that Nwawuisi agreed to install the transmitters “and did install IPOB radio transmitters on MTN masts for a consideration.”

The prosecution alleged that the transmitters were smuggled into Nigeria by the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, and were discovered during a search in Madubugwu’s residence.

The Federal Government had charged Nwawuisi and Benjamin Madubugwu along with the founder of Radio Biafra and Kanu, with treason and other related offences including management and assisting in the management of an unlawful society (IPOB).

The accused persons were charged with six counts before the Federal High Court in Abuja but have yet to be arraigned

Source http://www.punchng.com/i-got-n150000-to-install-radio-biafra-transmitter-suspect/

Cc; lalasticlala , obinoscopy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by viviangist2: 6:57am On Jan 07, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by phemmie06(m): 7:02am On Jan 07, 2016
Extra income good but when it is not clean it becomes extraordinary punishment

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by enigstil(m): 7:04am On Jan 07, 2016
Your own don done

18 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by OtunbaJega: 7:04am On Jan 07, 2016
Oti tan fun Bobo yi

8 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by madridguy(m): 7:05am On Jan 07, 2016
Sai baba please pardon them by sending them all to 150 months jail.

19 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by goodlifehyd(m): 7:09am On Jan 07, 2016
And he just lost his job, dignity and maybe opportunity to get any job in the telecommunications sector

32 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by goodlifehyd(m): 7:11am On Jan 07, 2016
viviangist2:
Hmmmm , Biafra ?
chaiii only you one OP only you one FTC haba!!!

3 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by omenka(m): 7:12am On Jan 07, 2016
This dude sings more than a canary. An accessory to treason. I don't see him doing less than 50. See where greed has landed a young man.

Smh.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by viviangist2: 7:12am On Jan 07, 2016
goodlifehyd:
chaiii only you one OP only you one FTC haba!!!

LOL tongue tongue
Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by Hernandez88(m): 7:13am On Jan 07, 2016
Ayam coming
Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by modath(f): 7:14am On Jan 07, 2016
The guy didn't negotiate well, he is a major f00l...

150k in exchange for a minimum 15yrs in jail!!

He has low standards, angry

I hate low rent criminals, who can't negotiate the right settlement , you are already a bad person, no big deal adding GREED to that!!

For that kind of job, he should have demanded for at least 50 million, in order to have something to fall back on after the inevitable jail sentence!! Learner!! Mtcheew!

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by omenka(m): 7:15am On Jan 07, 2016
goodlifehyd:
And he just lost his job, dignity and maybe opportunity to get any job in the telecommunications sector
You are talking about dignity and job when you should be talking about his life. That dude is gonna be put away for no less than 50years being an accessory to treason whose punishment is death.

When he's out after 50, of what use would he be to himself or the society?? Even if he's pardoned, he must have done a minimum of 30.

Dude's life is totally fvcked up now.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by Toosure70: 7:16am On Jan 07, 2016
may God see you through

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:16am On Jan 07, 2016
Is the media now a court where Judges are meant to hear the statements of the accused and then deliever judgment.

If the DSS can go so low as to do a photoshop of Kalu with a prostitute then the agency is not worth minute respect nor crediblity.

Be careful in what to believe, all may turn out to be lies. Remember, you need mountains of lies to cover the previous and the subsequents.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by princemillla(m): 7:16am On Jan 07, 2016
omenka:
This dude sings more than a canary. An accessory to treason. I don't see him doing less than 50. See where greed has landed a TALENTED young man.

Smh.

@bold, thank me later embarassed

Love of money is the root of evil.

Anything that comes cheap should be treated with care.

6 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by SegunAdewole: 7:23am On Jan 07, 2016
Why are my zombie friends shouting jail jail all over the place. Where in the constitution of nigeria did it say that mounting a transmitter is the same as treasonable felony.
Did the guy steal mtn masts or cable like some ex-nepa officials? Did he damage any of mtn property?
Are MTN properties now FG properties.
somebody who pays an abooki monthly to look after his house or land. The abooki then rents part of the house/land to others, does that mean abooki will go to jail for treason?

If the owner (MTN) is not happy with hosting the (Biafran trasmitter), they should simply remove it and fire the guy. I don't see any treason here, the highest they can get na fine for tresspasing mtn property and mtn will have to write a petition and get involved which may make many Ibo/pro-Biafrans boycott mtn services in future. Lawal daura of DSS is just chasing shadows. A transmitter is not regulated like fireams.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by ORACLE1975(m): 7:23am On Jan 07, 2016
K
Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by funlord(m): 7:28am On Jan 07, 2016
See the money? After when you tell them that most of their so called IPOB youth and their _moronic leader are poverty stricken _twats them go begin bark like dog wey dem wan amputate him leg! Nonsense!!!

8 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by oluwaSmith1(f): 7:28am On Jan 07, 2016
cheesy
Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by Warlord3000(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2016
Your own Don Done..

All because of 150k..

U go lose your Ericsson job and also eat watery beans for cell tongue

5 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by goodlifehyd(m): 7:41am On Jan 07, 2016
omenka:
You are talking about dignity and job when you should be talking about his life. That dude is gonna be put away for no less than 50years being an accessory to treason whose punishment is death.

When he's out after 50, of what use would he be to himself or the society?? Even if he's pardoned, he must have done a minimum of 30.

Dude's life is totally fvcked up now.
The dude will regret the day he took that decision, even Kanu that wanted to Codedly chop his people and clean mouth is already getting more than he ever bargained for.

7 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by disloman(m): 7:46am On Jan 07, 2016
#150000?I don't expect you to collect money cos it should had been your own quota to the realisation of the country called biafra.What a shame.

5 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by Nossa(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2016
K ooooh!
Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by ademega(m): 7:56am On Jan 07, 2016
SegunAdewole:
Why are my zombie friends shouting jail jail all over the place. Where in the constitution of nigeria did it say that mounting a transmitter is the same as treasonable felony.
Did the guy steal mtn masts or cable like some ex-nepa officials? Did he damage any of mtn property?
Are MTN properties now FG properties.
somebody who pays an abooki monthly to look after his house or land. The abooki then rents part of the house/land to others, does that mean abooki will go to jail for treason?

If the owner (MTN) is not happy with hosting the (Biafran trasmitter), they should simply remove it and fire the guy. I don't see any treason here. Lawal daura of DSS is just chasing shadows.
the aboki rented the apartment to drug barons. I wont judge that do it yourself

8 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 07, 2016
Lols, all the antenna u mounted was a hit, back to back from port, Lagos nd anambra wen u wake up in jail next week, iyalaya anybody.

4 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by SegunAdewole: 8:15am On Jan 07, 2016
ademega:

the aboki rented the apartment to drug barons. I wont judge that do it yourself

The acquisition and installation of a transmitter is not illegal. A transmitter is not firearm. I don't see how daura can spin this and get more than the fining of the engineer and the removal of the transmitter. The highest charge here is tresspass of property not treasonable felony. Tresspass of property can get you a jail term. Last last na fine. So you can keep shouting 300 yrs jail term all over the place. na u sabi

4 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by SegunAdewole: 8:22am On Jan 07, 2016
lalasticlala FP sharparly. make we laugh dss people.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect by gulfer: 8:23am On Jan 07, 2016
Another pointer to the fact that the Biafra cause is dead on arrival. An Yeeboman charging to render service to a cause '5% of Nigerians' were supposed to have ultimate believe in baffles me to say the least Anyway sha, even the director had all this while been feeding fat on the ignorance of the diaspora Biafraudians.
On a lighter note, has anyone tried typing Biafra and using auto-correct It is usually auto-corrected to fraud tongue tongue tongue

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen And Farmers Clash In Ogun, 4 Dead, 2 Policemen Injured / Man Rapes, Impregnates 14-year-old Girl / Ogun: So-Safe Corps Arrests Okada Rider For Attempting To Rape, Kill Passenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.