Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All (27950 Views)

Good News: MTN 4G Data Plans Now Available / Netflix Is A Waste Of Money? / Good News! Airtel Has Introduced #100 For 1gb Weekend Data Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by christopher123(m): 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
charix:

I don't see how the term globalization suits only Western multinationals. The term was coined as a guide for all nations participating in business. If it was designed for only western nations then foreign schools would not have let me enroll for an internatioal business degree, infact the very mention of globalization in africa would have been forbidden.

The truth is most of our indigenous companies can not compete on a global scale so they settle for a home market presence till they get pushed out of the market by leading international brands.

Don't blame the new competitor, blame the government for not supporting indigenous companies and blame those companies for remaining stale, even mediocre is most cases.

Globalization causes unemployment in industrialized countries because firms move their factories to places where they can get cheaper workers.
Globalization may lead to more environmental problems. A company may want to build factories in other countries because environmental laws are not as strict as they are at home. Poor countries in the Third World may have to cut down more trees so that they can sell wood to richer countries.
Globalization can lead to financial problems . In the 1970s and 80s countries like Mexico, Thailand, Indonesia or Brazil got a lot of money from investors who hoped they could build up new businesses there. These new companies often didn’t work, so they had to close down and investors pulled out their money.
Some of the poorest countries in the world, especially in Africa, may get even poorer. Their population is not as educated as in developed countries and they don’t have the new technology that we do.
Human, animal and plant diseases can spread more quickly through globalization.

Many experts say that we need a different kind of globalization in our world today. There must be ways to make sure that all countries profit from the good sides of globalization. We should help poorer countries by giving them better education and showing them how new technology works.

Thank me for this lecture
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2016
christopher123:

Globalization causes unemployment in industrialized countries because firms move their factories to places where they can get cheaper workers.
Globalization may lead to more environmental problems. A company may want to build factories in other countries because environmental laws are not as strict as they are at home. Poor countries in the Third World may have to cut down more trees so that they can sell wood to richer countries.
Globalization can lead to financial problems . In the 1970s and 80s countries like Mexico, Thailand, Indonesia or Brazil got a lot of money from investors who hoped they could build up new businesses there. These new companies often didn’t work, so they had to close down and investors pulled out their money.
Some of the poorest countries in the world, especially in Africa, may get even poorer. Their population is not as educated as in developed countries and they don’t have the new technology that we do.
Human, animal and plant diseases can spread more quickly through globalization.

Many experts say that we need a different kind of globalization in our world today. There must be ways to make sure that all countries profit from the good sides of globalization. We should help poorer countries by giving them better education and showing them how new technology works.

Thank me for this lecture
Textbook response. Out of context.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by Ignatio(m): 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
christopher123:

That's the most annoying thing

They will condenm masquerade and yet go for Halloween
Then love mascot

I wonder why we are like this

What Netflix is doing iroko TV can do

Let me ask you. Will you love to pay for a substandard product or service?

Nollywood offers no or little quality films. They have serious work to do to win the love people had for them back. Until they sit up the likes of Netflix will have major so in internet video streaming.

Don't use the music industry as comparison because the artists drop quality works that goes toe to toe with their foreign counterparts.
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
Leyqute:

Not quite true, mate.

Look at Nigeria's music industry 15 years ago and compare it with what we have now. You'll notice there's been some improvement. This is cos govt promoted music at the local scene.
Yes. I remember this clearly. Around 2006 or a little later; radio stations were ordered to play 90% Nigerian content.
So why didn't it happen for movies? The movies of today have shown no improvement from the ones of the early 90s. The only difference of which not in all cases is video quality - a few are now shot in HD.

What we're listening to right now is only a reflection of what kinda people we are and what we want to hear.

So using this context we can conclude the average Nigerian still demands to watch a low budget movie which always has an angle of demonic possession, lack of or most times amateur lighting, screaming instead of concealed microphones and terrible over-exaggerated acted expressions?
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by joshbouy(m): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
Segadem:
pls how do u download on torrent ? I have tried it many times without success!
I hope this helps for u
www.digitaltrends.com/computing/download-torrents-stick-man/
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by Segadem(m): 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by Leyqute(m): 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
charix:

So using this context we can conclude the average Nigerian still demands to watch a low budget movie which always has an angle of demonic possession, lack of or most times amateur lighting, screaming instead of concealed microphones and terrible over-exaggerated acted expressions?

I like your angle, you've got a point. A strong one. But producers still make those kind of movie because people buy them. If someone makes an action Nigerian movie with all the fight scenes and film tricks, patronage for those weak movies will drop sharply. Even a good movie with great acts and a great storyline will sell.

Imagine how much a blockbuster Nigerian movie made in Nigeria would make in the cinemas(alone)?

It takes a lot of money to make those kinds and its a risky one. At the moment few are willing to take the plunge.

If intelligent local producers are encouraged by FG and are sure they won't loose their money to pirates et al I'm sure they'll give it a try.
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by christopher123(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2016
Ignatio:

Let me ask you. Will you love to pay for a substandard product or service?

Nollywood offers no or little quality films. They have serious work to do to win the love people had for them back. Until they sit up the likes of Netflix will have major so in internet video streaming.

Don't use the music industry as comparison because the artists drop quality works that goes toe to toe with their foreign counterparts.

When the Taiwan and Chinese were producing initially we all called theirs substandard... Now where are they now

I will pay for substandard goods ...this will be a form of encouragement.. With time they will be better

But you Nigerians will love to reap where we didn't sow...we are been laughed at....if you travel outside Africa you will understand this

I am always ashamed with African mentality like this ....the same mentality of yours is why you will call Nigerian products igbo made

I will pay for the substandard good so as to encourage them

This is one thing some people are tired of been Nigeria ....its this attitude and with this attitude we can't develop....in 20 yrs time our economy will be run by foreigners and it will be a shame ...where as we will be happy collecting 10% tax and royalties...that's if they declare their profits

Then they will take the bulk of the money home ..making us slaves in our own countries ...Asians are doing that already

What a shame
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by christopher123(m): 8:01am On Jan 09, 2016
charix:

Textbook response. Out of context.

So text book response is out if context..have you heard of the word ..referencing
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

So text book response is out if context..have you heard of the word ..referencing

What you did was equivalent to quoting a bible verse in a discussion without explanation how it relates to the matter at hand.
You did not show how the writeup relates to Netflix or other multinationals, it was only an ambiguous epistle akin to something someone finds on wikipedia.
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 09, 2016
I'm out of this discussion/debate, leyqute has satisfied my curiousity.
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by Deeni131: 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Only teenagers watch Netflix.
I have Netflix subscription on my two iPad, but that's for my two sisters.
I don't think guys love Netflix.
I can't sit down for 5 minutes to watch a movie but i can watch Football, Crime scene investigation shows and National geographic on my cable for straight one week without leaving my house.

u hv just described me, cos dats exactly what im.
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by newspapers: 7:02am On Feb 10, 2016
Against Popular belief that Netflix is awaste of funds, trust me, with teh basic plan after registration (http://www.techsonite.com/netflix-nigeria-registration-netflix-movie-download-and-signin/) You get access to UNLIMITED MOVIES!

Besides, your first month is free!!!! No harm in trying from there.
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by Dclique(m): 9:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
NETFLIX: Cost, Requirements and Data Plan in Nigeria

Nigerian networks have rolled out suitable data plans for Netflix streaming, check How to activate netflix on MTN GLO Airtel and Etisalat for your preferred plan
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by Deeboiy: 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
joshbouy:
I'd rather download HD movies on torrent undecided
how do you download movies on torrent bro
Re: 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All by Chydobe: 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
Just as already mentioned, there are lots of things to watch on Netflix, the question is, " Do you have the time to spare on Netflix? However, if you really don't wish to waste time going through the categories, to find what to watch on Netflix, that means already have a particular movie or TV show to watch in mind. All you need to do is search.

How to Find What to Watch on Netflix/ How to Search for Netflix Movies

i. Navigate to your top home screen to Netflix search box.....click on link below go get comprehensive guide on how to use Netflix like a pro
http://www.newzified.com/how-to-use-netflix-like-a-pro-netflix-complete-guide-for-dummies/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] / Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase / Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.