Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,962 members, 7,803,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Palingenesis - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Palingenesis (39665 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palingenesis by thonyokun(m): 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
Speechless.
Re: Palingenesis by NidaxJ(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
every single update was a hit back 2 back.... frm present time to unknown time to the village...... continue the good work.
Re: Palingenesis by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
Donkross. i dy vex o. serzly, how u go start tory nd nt call me ehn? anyway, nice write up
Re: Palingenesis by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 04, 2016
Kross you are one creative genius. First off, I really like the story line and the choice of words. Most especially that of Ajadi when he was addressing the elders and villagers, his speech was very moving. Also how you manage to add humour: the part of Adisa when he was dying and replied labake, got me laughing.

Swinging the scenes back and forth from past to present also added so much to the story, I know that's not an easy thing ;connecting one end to another. So kudos to you.

There is a mad mad mad suspense in this story bro, too good a story from an amateur writer....and I saw what u did there tho...with that name wink

Anyway minor mistakes tho but in all its a breath taking story. Thumbs up bro. Don't mind my ghost mode, I'm following keenly and quietly.

1 Like

Re: Palingenesis by Jaytoy(f): 12:29am On Feb 04, 2016
Mattkent:
Kross you are one creative genius. First off, I really like the story line and the choice of words. Most especially that of Ajadi when he was addressing the elders and villagers, his speech was very moving. Also how you manage to add humour: the part of Adisa when he was dying and replied labake, got me laughing.

Swinging the scenes back and forth from past to present also added so much to the story, I know that's not an easy thing ;connecting one end to another. So kudos to you.

There is a mad mad mad suspense in this story bro, too good a story from an amateur writer....and I saw what u did there tho...with that name wink

Anyway minor mistakes tho but in all its a breath taking story. Thumbs up bro. Don't mind my ghost mode, I'm following keenly and quietly.
welcome onboard honourable mattkent. We miss u online. Abeg take ur share of fura & kunnu + gala. Winks. Front seat reserved for u.
Re: Palingenesis by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 04, 2016
Jaytoy:
welcome onboard honourable mattkent. We miss u online. Abeg take ur share of fura & kunnu + gala. Winks. Front seat reserved for u.

Thanks dearie. i'm already sitting at the front row smiley Good to see you online again. nyt nyt.
Re: Palingenesis by bellovers(m): 12:48am On Feb 04, 2016
Mattkent:

Thanks dearie. i'm already sitting at the front row smiley Good to see you online again. nyt nyt.
honorable mattkent where u go since na.How hustle,good to Hv u bk
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 8:56am On Feb 04, 2016
Mattkent:

grin na only me and you know wetin I do na .

Thanks for your words of encouragement bro, really appreciate. Bless.
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 9:01am On Feb 04, 2016
tombravo:
Donkross. i dy vex o. serzly, how u go start tory nd nt call me ehn? anyway, nice write up

Baba no vex for me abeg. wink

NidaxJ:
every single update was a hit back 2 back.... frm present time to unknown time to the village...... continue the good work.

cheesy no be lie.

thonyokun:
Speechless.

smiley

Jaytoy:
Donkross swty oya come and update. I wont divorce u again. Atleast u shld be dropping like 3updates a day na... shocked

3 what shocked

mopolord:
nice sir donkross but can't wait any longer 4 d nex episode

Lol we'll do something about that wink

Sirakj:
Well done. More ink to your pen and more data to your phone.

Amen oo cheesy

gbens2000:
U are making my office hours less boring thanx.

Make we share your salary then angry

Ayloaded04:
This is the first literary piece I'm reading on NL and I must confess it was awesome. Lecturer even bounce me for class when I couldn't keep my eyes off my phone

cheesy make the lecturer calm down first o.

Thanks to everyone, I really do appreciate all your comments. Story continues in a jiffy.

Bless.
Re: Palingenesis by gbens2000(m): 9:16am On Feb 04, 2016
M
donkross1:

Oya na,continue the write up and we would consider that.

cheesy no be lie.

smiley

3 what shocked

Amen oo cheesy

Thanks to everyone, I really do appreciate all your comments. Story continues in a jiffy.

Bless.
Re: Palingenesis by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 04, 2016
Voting closes by 11pm today. Hurry and vote for your favourite story of the month.

https://www.nairaland.com/2906633/literature-sections-story-month-award/1#42605785
Re: Palingenesis by gbens2000(m): 9:20am On Feb 04, 2016
Holy sh#t,so u an arsenal fan damn am loving u more,no homo.
donkross1:

cheesy no be lie.

smiley

3 what shocked

Amen oo cheesy

Bless.
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 9:58am On Feb 04, 2016
gbens2000:
Holy sh#t,so u an arsenal fan damn am loving u more,no homo.

You too musssh cheesy. #gunners
Re: Palingenesis by gbens2000(m): 10:15am On Feb 04, 2016
donkross1:

You too musssh cheesy. #gunners
till eternity.
Re: Palingenesis by SPDAZZY(f): 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
donkross1:
Psalmology Lildrizzle Bluestarry macpetrus. Uthman51 stuff46 seunviju kceemart rollex4ever ritzeluv slimport Uthman2senior mercydaniel loveyP tizblink Felinize folake25 princessadeola girly2020 umahi69 BlizzydoDo Dahprech Dahprech SPDAZZY Shoelace1 mimicious Damzy997 MrKIDO raffyreuz Damiewonder uniqueflash oluwasolajames PEZMAN Upnepaa GodWisdom Ashraf123 Itzemmyzone Kakabliss Pukka36 meekmiki6.

Présent
Re: Palingenesis by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
kross where re u na
Re: Palingenesis by gbens2000(m): 5:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
mhiz:
kross where re u na
I wonder oh no more write ni,we dey dankross gunners.
Re: Palingenesis by gbens2000(m): 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dankrossy,abi your ink don low for your pen ni,gunners all the way we dey wait oh.
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 5:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
[b]

Few weeks after returning from the trip to the village for the burial, everything has returned back to how it used to be. They have all moved on with their lives pretending like nothing out of the ordinary happened in the village, Except for Ejiro who was still baffled and finding it hard to move on without someone that she regarded has a friend, someone more than a friend to her. She hadn't spoken to Ben ever since their return, since she was now certain that he's dumped her for Anne. On the contrary she has been getting closer to Isaac ever since their journey back from the trip, their friendship has been getting stronger than it was before. Most times they talk on phone, sometimes he visits.

Ben on the other hand has been preoccupied with his love for Anne, they were gradually taking their relationship to the next level. Ever since Anne returned from the village, he has been staying at her place and they were literally living as couple. Everything's going on cool with them except for the visions they see anytime they kiss. The most remarkable one that occurred was the one that occurred last night, Anne just came out of the shower and had a very short white towel wrapped around her. Ben who was busy with his phone couldn't concentrate on what he was busy with anymore, his eyes were fixed on the fresh laps revealed by the short towel wrapped around her. He was still picturing her without the towel when she actually untied the towel and let it slip away, he'd always fantasised about seeing her naked but he didn't think her body will be this hot and Sexy, it was like he was staring right into the body of a goddess. His brain thought about it, his little soldier responded and his feet reacted, he gradually walked towards her and placed his hands on her breasts, he fumbled it and then stuffed it in his mouth, he kissed her on the neck and was gradually moving to the lips but he thought about the visions and flashes. He returned his mouth back to her breast and kept on suckling it, she began to moan softly, she was beginning to enjoy it, she felt his cold tongue on her breast and it felt so great. She put her hands round his face and raised his head to kiss him, he didn't want to kiss her but he didn't know how to go about it without sounding rude or offending her. Their lips intertwined, he was cautious at first, scared of seeing those horrifying visions but after a while that they have been kissing and the visions didn't pop in, he gave the kiss his all, in no time he was kissing her passionately while his hand was locating it's way into her womanliness, he finally navigated his hand there and felt the wetness, Just as he was about to insert his hands inside of her, the vision popped in and before a twinkle of an eye, he blacked out.

"What actually happened last night baby" Ben asked Anne who's busy watching one of her favourite telenovelas on telemundo. He very well knew she doesn't like being distracted or disturbed anytime she was watching but he didn't have much of a choice than to ask her.

"Babe can we talk about that later please" she replied with eyes still focused on the TV

"Okay if you think this telemundo thing is more important than me then it's alright" he said with a very serious tone.

"Okay Okay" she picked up the remote and switched of the TV. "What's your question again" she asked

"What happened last night while we were making out" he replied

"I should be the one asking you, one minute we were kissing and the next minute you passed out, I was actually very scared and thought about the worst, then you started speaking gibberish but you were still unconscious"

"Gibberish, what was I really saying"

"You were calling some funny names, some local names like that, I really can't remember the names" said Anne

"You can't remember any of the names I was calling" he questioned her and starred at her like she was lying to him or hiding something

"There was this one you kept on repeating and repeating, I think it is errmmmm" she raised her head like she was trying to revive her memory and remember the name. After thinking about it for a long time, the name popped into her head.

"Omolabake" they both chorused .

It was past midnight when Isaac started hearing the voice again, voice popping out of his head, he wassn't as bothered as he was the very first day the voice spoke. It was just a few days after they returned from the village, Ben had practically moved to Anne's apartment, he only comes here once in a while. He was trying to read for the exams that's coming up in a matter of months, it wasn't really easy reading alone because he's used to reading together with Ben so he tried to make it easier by inserting his handsfree in his ears and grounded his favourite song 'Ojumo by Asa. He was beginning to get into the vibe and the book he was studying when he heard a voice call his name, he removed the handsfree from his ears to ascertain if someone just called him or not, after few seconds when he didn't hear nothing, he inserted the handsfree back into his ear and then the voice called his name again. He removed the earpiece again and waited for few minutes but nothing happened, the compound was as silent as a graveyard. He plugged the earpiece back and then he heard the voice again, he pretended like he didn't hear it and then the voice spoke once more.

"Isaac can you hear me" the voice said

He didn't know what to do, is he supposed to reply the voice or just run away he thought.

"I am sure you can hear me" the voice said again

"Yes I can hear you, who are you "he replied barely audibly

"Am glad you can hear me after all these years, you used to hear me when you were a kid but all of a sudden, a barricade was placed between us"

"I don't understand what you are saying, I can't remember hearing any strange voice when I was little, what are you talking about " Isaac inquired

"I know you can't remember but someday soon, you will recall everything vividly"

"Please who are you" Isaac asked with a frightened voice

"I am Babatunji" the voice replied.

[/b]
Re: Palingenesis by Alfred200825(m): 5:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Donkross1 you don put me for hot seat
Re: Palingenesis by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
the suspense is too much o.. nice work dear
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
mhiz:
the suspense is too much o.. nice work dear

Lol tanku ma.

Alfred200825:
Donkross1 you don put me for hot seat

Lol

gbens2000:
Dankrossy,abi your ink don low for your pen ni,gunners all the way we dey wait oh.

Gunnnnnnnerz tiil Angel Micheal blows the trumpet. cheesy
Re: Palingenesis by Jaytoy(f): 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
Donkross1 pls na. No do me like this na.
Re: Palingenesis by Tife101(m): 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hmm....getting hotter
Re: Palingenesis by SOLMICHAEL(m): 8:02pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ds interesting!!
Re: Palingenesis by hansome01(m): 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nice one bro buh pls reduce the suspense small so we don't get distracted n loose interest in the story... Thumbs up!!!
Re: Palingenesis by Rukkydelta(f): 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Kross please don't give me an heart attack with this your type of suspense o
Re: Palingenesis by Rukkydelta(f): 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Kross please don't give me an heart attack with this type of suspense o
Re: Palingenesis by NidaxJ(m): 7:48am On Feb 05, 2016
donkross come update i cant stop refreshing the page
Re: Palingenesis by dimssy(m): 9:28am On Feb 05, 2016
This is super story.
Re: Palingenesis by gbens2000(m): 11:44am On Feb 05, 2016
Dankross @gunners,u can fit give young man high blood pressure.am feeling u sha keep it up.
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
[b]
"I am Babatunji" the voice replied.

"Babatunji? , who is Babatunji, what does Babatunji want from me" he inquired and waited for the voice to reply but all he got was an indefinite silence. He waited and waited until he slept off.

He hadn't heard the voice again since then until the voice called out his name again just now.

"Babatunji is that you" he asked in order to ascertain if it was truly him.

"Yes it's me, I've come to warn you" the voice said

"Warn me about what"

"You will see everything in the morning, just be very careful and watchful" said the voice.

"I don't understand, please explain it to me" he tried to probe further but the voice had gone mute again. He tarried a little longer than usual before finally sleeping off hoping the voice would speak again but nothing happened.

Dawn came as fast as it could, the sun came out early and shone brightly through the window into Isaac's eyes, he was still struggling to sleep since it was Saturday and he didn't have any special reason to wake up early. Just when he was starting to enjoy the sleep again, he started hearing noises from the compound. He tried to not get distracted hence he won't be able to sleep again but the noise kept on pounding.

"Who tha F is making such noises so early in the morning" he cussed and stood up to check what was going on outside. Just as he opened the door, he saw a very beautiful girl standing with some guys who were unpacking loads from a truck, if he hadn't learnt a lot about coloureds and half-cast, he would have concluded that the girl was an oyinbo (a white).

"Hello there, i'm gon be your new neighbour henceforth, sorry I had to disturb you guys this morning by packing in this early but I had to move in because the diploma course I registered for has already commenced and I don't want to miss too much" she said with a very sweet and smooth British accent.

Isaac could barely hear any of the thing she said due to her accent and also due to him being lust in her beauty, he kept on staring at her keenly and when he realised the girl was expecting him to say something he tried to do so but he was just speechless.

"Auch sorry people say I talk too much and am really trying to work on that" she said as she approached him with an outstretched hand. Isaac reciprocated and they shook hands, her hand felt so cold and soft so much that he didn't realise he was still holding unto the hand.

"My name is Beatrice, am a mixed race from a british mother and a nigerian father which practically makes me a Nigerian" she paused and smiled.

Isaac smiled back so as to show her that he's following what she is saying.

"So won't you introduce yourself to me" she asked

"Ohh pardon my manners, my name is Isaac" he managed to say and tried to shake hands with her again, that was when he realised he was still clinging unto her hands. "Oopz sorry about that" he said shyly and let go of her hand. They both smiled.

"Okay Isaac nice to meet you but I have to go and supervise the unpacking of my loads, as soon as am done arranging my room. I will come meet you so you can show me around"

"It will be my pleasure " Isaac replied and then she left for her room.

***Unknown time***
Babatunji's returning home from the market where he'd gone to sell his farm produce. He really harvested a lot and was very happy that the gods were smiling on him and his sister, he just passed by the chief priest's shrine, he thought about going to pay his homage to the priest and then he turned back, heading to the shrine.

The chief priest was so happy to see him, the little boy that he helped to deliver has grown into a man and he was so excited about it. The priest has grown very very old which makes some villagers wonder if he will ever die again. Some even concluded that he has done the ritual of immortality for himself.

"Babatunji Omo Ajadi Igo, quite a long time, how are you and your sister, hope you guys are coping after your father and mother's death" he asked

"Baba we are coping, the gods are really smiling on us" he replied excitedly

"My son am really happy about the kind of man you have grown into but their is something about you that I don't seem to understand " the old man said with a very concerned tone

"Baba what is that, am I not doing something right, are the gods angry with me" he asked

"I really can't explain, it's like there's a strange Aura around you, come and speak with ifa" the man replied him pointing to the white piece of cloth laid infront of him.

Babatunji who seemed to be conversant with the way it is done quickly brought some cowries out, said some words to it and dropped them on the white piece of clothes. The old priest performed some incantations, it took him a lot of time because he wasn't as fast and agile as he used to be due to his old age.

"Why is death looming around you" the old priest asked him after he was done with his incantations.

"Death? " he exclaimed

"Yes my son, something is not right. Run home and come back to tell me what's happening" the priest instructed.

Just as he was about to exit the shrine the priest called him back

"Babatunji, no matter what you see at home, run back here immediately without any hesitation" he said

Babatunji who has now gotten used to running anytime something bad is about to befall him ran like a mad man, he ran like his whole destiny depended on it. When he entered his house, he found both Ashake and Abeni lying on the ground lifelessly, he wanted to feel their pulse and check if they're still alive but he remembered the chief priest's instructions. He immediately rushed back to the shrine.

"Baba my sister and my intended bride is lying on the ground lifelessly" he said as he was panting.

"Calm down my son" the man replied him and started reciting the incantations again.

"My son, they are at the point of death" the priest spoke softly

"Baba they can't die, please help me, what can we do" he pleaded

"There's nothing we can do, one of them have to die, all you can do is to save one and allow one to die" he replied

"Baba I love the both of them, I can't save one and let another die" he started crying.

"Would you rather watch the two of them die"

"Noo baba please, they can't die"

"My son, we have limited time else the both of them will die if you don't reach a decision right now" priest

Babatunji closed his eyes and thought about it, he loved his sister Ashake so much, they have been together their whole lives, she would have sacrificed her life for him without a second thought. Abeni on the other hand has been a pillar of support for him all through his life, he loves her and she loves him too, she would gladly give her life for him also but he could only save one of them.

"Which one of them have you decided to save" the chief priest asked.
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 / Wole Soyinka: I Will Not Destroy My US Residential Permit Just Yet. / Naughty By Choice (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.