Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:21 AM

Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) (25251 Views)

Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) / Evolution Of Phone Size In Nearest Future (picture) / The Evolution Of Blackberry Pictured In One Image. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by sketcherJ(m): 1:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
To everything, there is a history and a story attached, we will be looking at the history of telephones in Nigeria before we have our blackberries, Androids , tablets etc, ..
i won't be starting from the days of Alexander graham bell when he created the telephone but I am going to start from a point where telephones have a more defining structure..from the 1930s
when Nigeria started rocking telephones

1. The era of the desk set

Do you still remember seeing this phone gathering dust on your grandfather's shelf or you saw it in a museum?, this is actually a DESK SET telephone rocked in the 1930s to the 1950s You would agree with me that those who rocked this phone are either old or dead,those days, you have to be rich before you can have one of this piece in your house, but after some time when newer editions came out, it became cheap and free for all,now this telephones are now antiques and you are lucky if you have this piece of art in your house.

Source:
http://dandywriter..com/2016/01/the-evolution-of-telephones-explained.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by sketcherJ(m): 1:05pm On Jan 08, 2016
2. The touch tone telephones

Without wasting time I move to the 1960s where have the TOUCH TONE telephones, also known as Land line phones now I am sure we are all familiar with these telephones, we could still see it lying around somewhere in the house and some people still use it today, you can see it being used in governmental agencies and private parastatals,this phone made a turning point in phones manufacturing industry, because every phone made after it has buttons .now let's move to the next one

See more

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by sketcherJ(m): 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
3. The giant antenna phones

Hurray! What a huge turn in the phone manufacturing industry, now we can now take our phones from one place to another, we can place a call wherever we are, this is as a result of the advent of the big giant phones with pretty long antennas that looks like a walkie talkie, but this freedom and development came with a price, the phone weighs 'a ton' it was too heavy for the hand to hold always, so people suffered from hand pains and aches, till today this is a major disavantage of the phone .

See more pictures

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by sketcherJ(m): 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2016
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by sketcherJ(m): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
4. Freed from handache phones

Due to the complaints of people all over the world on the weight of the giant phones, phone manufacturers reduced the weight to make it more comfortable for users and it was successful, not only can we take our phones around, we don't have to worry about using painkiller pills anymore, but as the size reduced, so do the antennas, till there were no more antennas

See more

1 Share

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by sketcherJ(m): 1:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
5. Bye bye to antennas

Now do you notice any difference ? yes, there are no more antennas on the phones, the phone manufacturers had found a way to make the phone function well without the use of the antennas. the popular Nokia 3310 featured well in this era and was the first of its kind to have no antennas.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by jejemanito: 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2016
smiley
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by sketcherJ(m): 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2016
6 Now we can design our phones

before this era, manufactured phones had undergone a lot of development, phones can now carry out many functions like internet, converter , radio etc and can now play different games .there were now many manufacturers competing with each other in the industry e.g Nokia, Motorola, Sony erricson, etc
phone makers decided to explore various aspects of designing and reconstructing to attract consumers and have a upper hand in the market so they started making sliding phones , open and close phones etc

mind you these type of phones are still are in vogue today.

See more

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by sketcherJ(m): 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
7. The era of smartphones

Blackberry

Blackberry is a notable mention in the league of smartphones , these phones can do a whole lotta thing than the normal phones, they can carry out some functions, that can only be done on a computer .blackberry are still making good phones today.

See more
http://dandywriter..nl/2016/01/the-evolution-of-telephones-explained.html?m=1

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Shehucom(m): 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
If you no use that desk phone, then you must be from the indomie generation. I remember then, we would wait at iya laja house waiting to receive a call from lagos. You need to see the speed we take run so as not to miss the call.. Good old days

6 Likes

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Artless360(m): 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
Every comment posted was a hit back to back frm Juma'at kareem to ol my Muslim brodaz nd sistaz., to Juma'at kareem to ol my Muslim brodaz nd sistaz.. Juma'at kareem evrybdy.....sheeh.......

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Izzystevens: 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
smiley Thank God for advancement.
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Badex10(m): 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
cool tongue
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Emmafe(m): 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hi
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
wow
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by seenter84: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
Seen
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by easyfem(m): 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
We are getting there
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Ojestas(m): 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
Smartphone Era. . Where some smartphone users are actually dumb. grin

Endtime Evolution
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by witorwitoutyou(m): 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
....and some persons mite b in prison chilling off deir asses in prison because of nokia 3310

Notin last forever

1 Like

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by LegalBaby(f): 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
i don old

shout out to Nokia for always been so loyal

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by AyamConfidence(m): 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by hakeem4(m): 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
angry
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
There is nothing as constant in life as change..
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Fisayo1212: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
It is d time of smart phone now but 2moro I don't knw
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by rita25(f): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
I DID NOT SEE THE ERA OF ANDRIOD PHONES LIKE THE GALAXY ONES OH wink

1 Like

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by mek2002(m): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Kudos to technology
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Etizz: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Now is something else...

1gb ram mobile phone is now outdated....

We are talking about 4gb right now....

Only God knows what 2020 will carry.....

Technology is growing so fast...

1 Like

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by TheNextAce: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Omo mehn... I used some of these phones o... I try
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Smartsyn(m): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Not just Nigeria, but generally..

1 Like

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Laveda(f): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
The technology of then mehn!!! Was just too old fashioned cheesy cheesy
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by sketcherJ(m): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Touchscreens

Presently in this stage of touchscreens smartphones ; android, tablet, Iphones, windows, tablets etc fall into this category, we have evoluted from no buttons to buttons and to no buttons again.

These smartphones can carry out many functions and has a lot of capabilities.
We have really come a long way in the
Phones making industry

now our phones are more designed and sophtiscated, and it can only get better.

See more
http://dandywriter..nl/2016/01/the-evolution-of-telephones-explained.html?m=1

2 Shares

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by cold(m): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Reminds me of David Mark and his infamous quote 'telephones are not for the poor'..sigh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lock Your Credit / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / Glo Newly Reduced 4.5GB Data Plan Price And It's Useable Both Day And Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.