Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY (91317 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by kenzindax(f): 12:19am On May 20, 2017
Lucky4real28:
I do not think you will get a close interview date, you can check anyway.
it's not about D interview date. I just want to know if I should choose tourist or business. And also the conference is holding August 16th and not July I just checked online to book an appointment now and d closest available date is 4th of August. Please what should I do.

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Lucky4real28(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2017
kenzindax:
it's not about D interview date. I just want to know if I should choose tourist or business. And also the conference is holding August 16th and not July I just checked online to book an appointment now and d closest available date is 4th of August. Please what should I do.
business
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Lucky4real28(m): 11:04am On May 21, 2017
Like I told you earlier, the interview date will be the issue, don't think they can process it within that short time, and if you don't give them enough time, it might lead to a refusal, at least 3 weeks to your travel date, I don't know what you can do, Maybe apply through French embassy or italy or Portugal.
kenzindax:
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by kenzindax(f): 7:57pm On May 22, 2017
Lucky4real28:
Like I told you earlier, the interview date will be the issue, don't think they can process it within that short time, and if you don't give them enough time, it might lead to a refusal, at least 3 weeks to your travel date, I don't know what you can do, Maybe apply through French embassy or italy or Portugal.
okay thanks for your Response. Can I have ur mail... I'll love to discuss with you privately. Thanks..
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ropodinho3633(m): 9:56am On May 23, 2017
Pls house I need info about how to write ....
Introduction letter to the embassy, I'm a student in China thanks
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 05, 2017
Please brothers in the house I am a novice and I want to travel out to Germany. I have been following the thread I am self employed don't have landed documents I don't want to go through agent. Please brothers how can I process my visa.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibrahimdoc: 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
[quote author=FrontPageLawyer post=45786323]

You must meet the requirements. can my company's bank statement be sufficient? cos my company wants to sponsor me on a vacation?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by meekmill(m): 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hello guys , pls how long does it takes for german embassy to issue tourist visa ?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by fcisca: 7:36am On Jul 08, 2017
Good morning Nairalanders. For anyone applying for Visa to attend a conference, does the German embassy accept coloured printout of PDF invitation letter or they insist on original invitation letter sent by post.
Thank you all
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by LadyMayor(f): 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hello house. @justwise and @FrontPageLawyer, I want to book an appointment for my interview but my nee passport isn't ready yet. Current one expires in August but the booking page requires passport number and the dates are just going anyhow. Can I use my old passport number for the booking? Closest date is 26th July and I should have my new passport by then. Thanks
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by boboro1: 1:07am On Aug 11, 2017
Good morning wonderful people I need little clarification my junior brother in married to a German so the mother in law want to invite my father , my mother and I to Germany this December and she wanted to sponsor the trip what document to I need from her and also can 3 of us do interview together if allow or is it done separately .

I work and a good salary but my parent are retired and when is the best time to summit the application

Response pls
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by gentlemate00: 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
Salary credits? Please did you mean monthly salary deposited to the account?

FrontPageLawyer:

There is no specific amount required. An acceptable bank statement must have up to three months transaction records demonstrating your income from a verifiable source and it must have enough fund to cover your trip, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip.

You must satisfy the visa officer that you have sufficient personal and economic circumstances in your home country. In making this assessment, the officer may consider your stated employment, length of employment and income.

Most importantly the visa officer may wish to see your bank statement showing salary credits. If your bank statement does not show salary credits, this may cast doubt.

Lufthansa and Turkish, but you might consider others.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ladylco: 8:24am On Aug 21, 2017
gentlemate00:
Salary credits? Please did you mean monthly salary deposited to the account?

It means your salary must reflect in your statement of account
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibrahimdoc: 1:20am On Sep 15, 2017
FrontPageLawyer:
FOR SHORT VISIT VISA.

You will need to book your appointment for a visa interview at the Consulate General in Lagos

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?locationCode=lago&request_locale=en

Ensure you have all the relevant documents and information for your interview. Please check the links below for the category you wish to apply for.

INFORMATION ON THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF VISAS.

For Tourist visa

http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/4652978/Daten/5991396/checklist_tourist_visa.pdf

For Business Visa

http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/4652978/Daten/5991396/checklist_tourist_visa.pdf

For Visiting Family and Friends

http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/4652956/Daten/5991352/checklist_visiting_family_and_friends.pdf

For your visa interview, you’ll go online fill out the form and print out at (http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/)

APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT NEED VISA INTERVIEW.

• frequent travellers (applicants who have travelled to Schengen states, USA, UK or Canada at least three times within the past
24 months)
• applicants for transit visas
• urgent medical treatment
• applicants on official duty ("note verbale holders" only)
• experts participating in scientific / academic conferences (only if capacity of the visa section allows)

INTERVIEW WAIVER.

Persons who have travelled within the last 24 months at least 3 times to the Schengen States with a Schengen visa or once with a one-year multiple entry visa issued by this Consulate General AND who have submitted a previous application at this Consulate General since 14.03.2013 qualify for the Interview Waiver option. These persons are required to book an appointment, however, they are NOT required to submit their applications in person, but can bring the application through a third party. They are also exempt from the interview - thus shortening the process considerably.
Please understand that dealers of spare parts, used cars or other used goods are not eligible for this scheme.

VISA FEE

60 Euros (approximately N13.000

i want to apply for a business visa. i have a company that i run with my partner. now my question is, i know i am to present my company's tax clearance certificate. do i have to present my personal income tax clearance certificate when i have already presented that of the company.and what are the likely questions to.be asked on the of interview. i will appreciate ur response.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibrahimdoc: 1:25am On Sep 15, 2017
Lateralmaths:
I have a business visa interview next week at the
German Consulate in Lagos.
Part of the requirement is three months statement of
account and pay slips for three months.
I'm going for a sponsored academic conference and
the amount for the conference was paid in February
that is six months ago. So I plan to go with six
months statement of account and six months pay
slips.
Hope this is in order?

bro please what are the questions you were asked? will appreciate that.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibrahimdoc: 1:54am On Sep 15, 2017
FrontPageLawyer:
@salsera

The information was extracted from their website.

I do not see you qualifying for the interview waiver, but you can call the consulate to confirm.

my brother pls i need ur help. i need u to tutor me on how to apply for a german business visa. can u give me ur email so that i can write u. i have so many questions to ask. i will really apprciate it... looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ask1509(m): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hello Everybody,
I am Oluwasegun and I just got a scholarship to attend a science conference in Germany. The conference is fully sponsored. On reading through this thread and the Visa information page of the German mission, I know I have to do the following (please correct me if I'm wrong ):

1. Fill the Shengen Visa short stay application form and print it out.
2. Add the print out above to some other required documents for the business visa and gather the docs, also get the cash equivalent of the visa fee.
3. Book an appointment for Visa interview online at the consulate.
4. Go for the interview where I will submit all documents and pay for the visa in cash
5. Hope for the best result

However, I am a bit confused about the required docs due to my profile. I just came back to Nigeria last year (from Cameroon where I did my masters) and since then, I have been freelancing online basically on Fiverr and on Upwork. Consequently, I do not have all the following documents required for travellers attending a conference :

1 Certificate of Incorporation/Registration of the company in Nigeria
2 Memorandum and Articles of Association / Company and Allied Matters Act
3 Federal Inland Revenue Service Income Tax Clearance Certificate/Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate of the past year
4 Company´s bank statements of the last three months (only stamped and signed bank statements accepted)
5 Letter of introduction from employer
6 Employment contract and pay slips of the last three months
7 Evidence of business in Nigeria and also of former and current transactions in Nigeria and/or abroad (e. g. bills of lading, receipts, contracts)

I am thinking I should just be silent about my freelancing all together and tell them I am unemployed and that I am a prospective student (I have a PhD) admission already (but I am yet to start) in order not to complicate issues for myself. So that I will only have to provide doc 3 (the FIRS revenue Income Tax Clearance) and my Personal bank statements. However, will not providing docs 1, 2,4,5,6,7 above affect my chances? Also, do I really need FIRS revenue Income Tax Clearance (doc 3) since I am not working yet?

I will be looking forward to your comments and answers to the issues raised above. I will also like to have your comment regarding whether I should include being a freelancer or not as I think this will complicate issues for me. Finally, targeted arrival date is Nov 10, when is the best time to book an appointment?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Lateralmaths(m): 4:12am On Sep 16, 2017
ibrahimdoc:

your purpose for traveling, sponsor, really easy questions.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Lateralmaths(m): 8:44am On Oct 02, 2017
ibrahimdoc:

What are you going to do in Germany (you show evidence), is it related to your career growth & development, what do you do,for how long (letter of intro from employer), letter of invitation, questions on your qualification, are you married, how many kids? then general questions.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Lateralmaths(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2017
ask1509:
Hello Everybody,
I am Oluwasegun and I just got a scholarship to attend a science conference in Germany. The conference is fully sponsored. On reading through this thread and the Visa information page of the German mission, I know I have to do the following (please correct me if I'm wrong ):

1. Fill the Shengen Visa short stay application form and print it out.
2. Add the print out above to some other required documents for the business visa and gather the docs, also get the cash equivalent of the visa fee.
3. Book an appointment for Visa interview online at the consulate.
4. Go for the interview where I will submit all documents and pay for the visa in cash
5. Hope for the best result

However, I am a bit confused about the required docs due to my profile. I just came back to Nigeria last year (from Cameroon where I did my masters) and since then, I have been freelancing online basically on Fiverr and on Upwork. Consequently, I do not have all the following documents required for travellers attending a conference :

1 Certificate of Incorporation/Registration of the company in Nigeria
2 Memorandum and Articles of Association / Company and Allied Matters Act
3 Federal Inland Revenue Service Income Tax Clearance Certificate/Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate of the past year
4 Company´s bank statements of the last three months (only stamped and signed bank statements accepted)
5 Letter of introduction from employer
6 Employment contract and pay slips of the last three months
7 Evidence of business in Nigeria and also of former and current transactions in Nigeria and/or abroad (e. g. bills of lading, receipts, contracts)

I am thinking I should just be silent about my freelancing all together and tell them I am unemployed and that I am a prospective student (I have a PhD) admission already (but I am yet to start) in order not to complicate issues for myself. So that I will only have to provide doc 3 (the FIRS revenue Income Tax Clearance) and my Personal bank statements. However, will not providing docs 1, 2,4,5,6,7 above affect my chances? Also, do I really need FIRS revenue Income Tax Clearance (doc 3) since I am not working yet?

I will be looking forward to your comments and answers to the issues raised above. I will also like to have your comment regarding whether I should include being a freelancer or not as I think this will complicate issues for me. Finally, targeted arrival date is Nov 10, when is the best time to book an appointment?

Pls how did you get the conference sponsorship?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by seyidollar4real: 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
hello house,
pls i will like to know the requirements to get tourist visa to EU countries especially Germany.Thanks
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ask1509(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lateralmaths:

Pls how did you get the conference sponsorship?

I just applied to the conference and I was given a travel and accommodation grant. I later found out the conference would hold in Germany.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibrahimdoc: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lateralmaths:
What are you going to do in Germany (you show evidence), is it related to your career growth & development, what do you do,for how long (letter of intro from employer), letter of invitation, questions on your qualification, are you married, how many kids? then general questions.

what evidence can one show that he is going to buy mechines? how can i show evidence of this.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Lateralmaths(m): 6:13am On Oct 07, 2017
ask1509:

I just applied to the conference and I was given a travel and accommodation grant. I later found out the conference would hold in Germany.
ok. Are you presenting a paper?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibrahimdoc: 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
Lateralmaths:

bros if they type a sheet with ur name and said u should check if ur name is correctly spelt and they u sign after, is that a good sign?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ask1509(m): 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
Lateralmaths:
ok. Are you presenting a paper?

No I am not.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Lateralmaths(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
ibrahimdoc:

bros if they type a sheet with ur name and said u should check if ur name is correctly spelt and they u sign after, is that a good sign?
it should be. lol. any idea what they need it for?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Lateralmaths(m): 8:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
ask1509:

No I am not.
Pls could you tell me how you got the sponsorship
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by boboro1: 11:52am On Oct 10, 2017
Will be going on a family visit sponsored by my in law in Germany this December all expense are covered by them although am working what are my chance and how much is visa fee now for family visit to germany

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Top 10 Areas In The Usa With The Most Nigerian Population. / The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos / This Deer Was Killed After Flood Forced It Out Of Its Habitat In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.