Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Comment on this site i made-thanks - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Comment on this site i made-thanks (1320 Views)

How To Make Money From Membership Site (I Will Set It Up For You) / Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. / Comment On This Site I Designed: TheStreetHawker.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comment on this site i made-thanks by O(m): 6:25pm On Nov 06, 2005
saw the previous topic, thought it might be a good opportunity to get feedback

comment on this site: http://www.9jaconnect.com

am open to anything, thank you.
Re: Comment on this site i made-thanks by Seun(m): 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2005
You have a forum on that site ... it seems to be a competitor to Nairaland. angry
Re: Comment on this site i made-thanks by ijebu(m): 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2005
I dont think there is any competition in the two site
Re: Comment on this site i made-thanks by rufaai(m): 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2005
Surely he wants to compete... but lots of improvements required....

I think you should change the font you used to something preferably Arial or Times New Roman because they are the best for web contents.

Besides, I cant picture this... Your site got more than one theme, It got no head... Too many themes...

Pages deffer too much... Try to get it better please....

Thumbs up for the Forum!
Re: Comment on this site i made-thanks by timmy(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2005
you ave to really improve on your design skill, comic sans ms is not a web save font at all, though available on many systems, arial-vedana are more comfortable..
Your flash intro is a little not nice, the banner flash is too big.. from the looks of your designs and the stuffs it contains, my mind tells me u jumbled some predesigned flash templates.. (not condeming u ooo, cos i do it at times)..
Just improve your designs sha

im working on a site ill post it for reviews soon
Re: Comment on this site i made-thanks by Farriel(m): 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2005
Well O, your design is not very impressive. I think that web-design is a lot more than just putting stuffs together. It truly pays up if you strive hard to make your designs aesthetic and content-centric, all the while, ensuring consistency of overall look and feel, and at the same time, standardizing your site elements to commensurate with web standards.

The flaws on your site are rather enormous and would take quite a while to extensively review, but I'd just point out some few things.

Firstly, I don't really see the point in having the intro screen, in terms of accessibility it's just another click that the user has to produce. Unless it's going be an awesome flash site with options to view HTML version of, stating site requirements, don't put the "enter" thing. It's very amateur-ish.

As to the main content, the banner ad above seems too big and doesn't really sit well on the overall design of your site. Your navigation bar is way generic. Yet another application's sample buttons which if you're really serious about originality, you should ditch.

Those crawling images should be placed somewhere else, and besides, images could be optimized before placement. Your main content area has got too much blank spaces, get rid off the comic sans font and replace with verdana or arial, as mentioned by some other guys earlier. It's heavily unprofessional.

Another marquee on the left panel is overkill. Just create a small notice box and put those comments in it. I like your forum template and think it would be good if you emulated the design of that template for your site's structure.

You seem to be a newbie at web-design and I should pat you on the back for an attempt like this, but man, there's a remarkable advancement in how web pages are designed everyday. Prowl the web for ideas before you start doing anything and take some trainings on some graphic design apps like Fireworks and Photoshop.
Re: Comment on this site i made-thanks by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 15, 2005
The site is ok
but i particularly noticed that the site had almost all the feature that www.naijayouth.com has
why not try something different
Re: Comment on this site i made-thanks by my2cents(m): 6:53pm On May 01, 2006
What is wrong with a little competition? grin

Tis the essence of capitalism. Let the free market/invisible hand rule the day. In the end, users will go to the best site. Worst-case, you focus on what you could do to stand out from the competition.

In my opinion, Nairaland will not be beaten in years to come sha. wink
Re: Comment on this site i made-thanks by Cactus(m): 9:59pm On May 01, 2006
Redesign the site that is just what an amateur designer will create, fonts, flash everything loads slowly and look hew. oh well you might not notice but some of your hyperlinks are halfed, eg the contact us link at the bottom of the page, i guess its only linked from t us instead of contact us the two words together.

there are so many people that have websites, yet they still use yahoo, hotmail, or gmail as their contact add.
if its something that has to do with hosting, well you better look for the best hosting service out there that supply free pop accounts.

even if you dont change anything else on your page you must definitely change the contact email to reflect you@yoursite.com or info@yoursite.com or anitin but stop using yahoo hotmail or anyany webmails.

(1) (Reply)

What Do you all think of www.ngige.com / Thank You For This Wonderful Forum / Seun: Why Nigerian Newspapers Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.