Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? (2860 Views)

Kenyan Man Transforms Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (Photos) / #167million Phantom, Rolls-Royce Unveils World's Most Quiet&Advanced Car(Photos) / The Rolls Royce At Keffi For The Coronation Of Shehu Chindo Yamusa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by Yehman(m): 7:14am On Jan 09, 2016
It’s funny how we assume any fake and cheap rip-off products to be made in China. But the Chinese definitely don’t seem to mind and are continuing their production of fake look-alike products! But this time they have gone too far. China has actually gone ahead and created a rip-off Rolls Royce! Known as The Geely GE, it claims to be re-inventing the classic but one look at the car and everyone will have to disagree. With a similar exterior (including a flying lady on the bonnet), design as well as massage seats, pure wool carpet, subdued lighting and wine cabinet this car is nothing but a cheap copy of the classic Rolls Royce. And Rolls Royce is definitely not taking this lightly! They are consulting lawyers after seeing this Chinese-made car impudently displayed just feet from the classic brand’s Phantom at the Shanghai Motor Show. Especially since the grille, the Flying Lady mascot, and the Rolls Royce name and initials are specifically protected. The GE (which stands for Geely Excellence) will cost just £30,000 ($44,000), 10 million Naira compared to the whopping £250,000 ($366,530) roughly 90 million Naira price tag of the classic Rolls Royce. That's crazy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by Yehman(m): 7:15am On Jan 09, 2016
Their logo compared

Re: Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by rockiedink(m): 7:29am On Jan 09, 2016
No be today China start to dey copy western auto manufacturers.

Sadly, sha, Rolls Royce will lose the case. It's a no-brainer. BMW tried it and lost, Honda tried it and lost. RR will be no different.

China protect and promote their own.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
E no go better 4 China o. must they copy everything that falls within their line of sight. They copied Range Rover Evoque. E no do them now it's rolls royce. Na wa o!
Re: Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by mkbessman(m): 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
its a good thing. at least I can now own one at affordable price

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by laivwire(m): 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
mkbessman:
its a good thing. at least I can now own one at affordable price

Tell me you will take N10,000,000 to buy this so you could feel you have a Rolls Royce.
Re: Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by mkbessman(m): 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
[quote author=laivwire post=41854835]

Tell me you will take N10,000,000 to buy this so you could feel you have a Rolls Royce.[/quot

its not a rolls Royce though...

but if you will agree with me without much argument, from a distance nobody will know
Re: Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by mkbessman(m): 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
[quote author=laivwire post=41854835]

Tell me you will take N10,000,000 to buy this so you could feel you have a Rolls Royce.[/quot

its not a rolls Royce though...

but if you will agree with me without much argument, from a distance nobody will know!
Re: Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by Yehman(m): 11:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
laivwire:

Tell me you will take N10,000,000 to buy this so you could feel you have a Rolls Royce.
10million against 100million with almost the same facilities. Don't think it's a bad idea. There are still many things to do with money bro.
Re: Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by mkbessman(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2016
Yehman:

10million against 100million with almost the same facilities. Don't think it's a bad idea. There are still many things to do with money bro.

pls tell him..

the most reliable and economic friendly vehicles in Nigeria now is the Chinese and Japanese brand. so what makes him feel that car won't serve that purpose

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by tck2000(m): 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2019
Ugly
Re: Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? by id4sho(m): 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2019
Trust ladipo boys for original copy facelift.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Implications Of 5w30 Or 5w40 Instead Of 5w20 Engine Oil. / Help 2001 Camry 2.2 Hand Break Light On / Price Of Camry 2.4 Headlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.