Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

How To Overcome Shyness This Year - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Overcome Shyness This Year (1751 Views)

Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / Overcome Your Sexual Challenges With Samsu Oil For Men / How Do I Overcome This Deceit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Overcome Shyness This Year by andychukse(m): 11:18am On Jan 09, 2016
To some people it is natural to interact with people or strike up conversation with strangers, however, to many other persons it is a big challenge.

Before, I find it difficult talking to strangers especially when I come into a new environment. Most times, it’s not because I don’t want to, but because I fear about how they will react; how they might judge or reject me.

You have to challenge shyness and kick it out of your life. You might be introverted at heart, but that doesn’t mean you have to be shy. Shyness is a habit that can be broken, knowing this is a big first step in understanding that you can develop social skills.

Here is a summary of the article - How to Overcome Shyness and Embrace talking to People

Know Why You’re Shy
For example, do you become shy when meeting new people, interacting at a social gathering, or speaking to someone to whom you find yourself attracted? When you have a better understanding of your shyness, you can figure out the best route to overcome it.

It’s Not All About You
Shy people often overthink their behavior and responses. You’d end up obsessively mulling over everything you said or did, wondering what others think of you. Did I say something stupid? Did I say something that might seem offensive?
You have to stop over thinking about what to say, how people will react to it.

Accept it, Set up a task for yourself
A problem identified is half solved. First, set up small tasks you must do daily. For example if you work in an office, you can decide to greet everyone every morning you come to the office. The task has to be something you can easily do diligently.

Take a Public Speaking Class
This is not for everyone, but public speaking classes can be very helpful.

Learn the Art of Small Talk
Small talk is an essential part of social interaction. For shy people, it can also be really helpful for getting used to that interaction – like practice for the real thing.

Make Friends with very Social persons
Whether we like it or not friends influences us in one way or the other. You should make a few friends who are very good in interacting with people, who are very social, overtime it will rub off on you.

Source: http://nairabrains.com/2016/01/how-to-overcome-shyness-and-embrace-talking-to-people/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by Cutehector(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2016
Girls r more shy dan guys

2 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by andychukse(m): 1:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
Cutehector:
Girls r more shy dan guys

Shyness is a general thing. Most times guys are even more shy.

4 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by Donvic4u(m): 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
Making Friends with social people is the best solution

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by andychukse(m): 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
Donvic4u:
Making Friends with social people is the best solution

It works for some people, but doesn't for others.
Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by SUGARSON(m): 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
NICE POINTS...
Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by centyboy: 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
efigbe sile fun agbepo jorcry
Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
andychukse:

It works for some people, but doesn't for others.
If that solution can work for a shy person, then nothing else can.
Cos you peers and friends are your biggest influence.
Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by andychukse(m): 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
Joavid:

If that solution can work for a shy person, then nothing else can.

Cos you peers and friends are your biggest influence.

To some people, when they mingle with very social people the hide behind them and let them do all the interactions, that way they get withdrawn more. Having the friends is not just enough for them, they will have to be willing to take a step first.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
andychukse:

To some people, when they mingle with very social people the hide behind them and let them do all the interactions, that way they get withdrawn more. Having the friends is not just enough for them, they will have to be willing to take a step first.

That's what am talking about.

Their friends are not just going to hang around him without influencing him and encouraging him to take a step. Infact, they don't need to do nothing, it will just happen naturally.

You can't have social friends that you roll with and still remain shy.

2 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by andychukse(m): 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2016
centyboy:
efigbe sile fun agbepo jorcry

Egbon, if you want the traffic come and take it cheesy grin
Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by centyboy: 7:04am On Jan 10, 2016
andychukse:

Egbon, if you want the traffic come and take it cheesy grin
no Let Me See You For Some Sections
Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 10, 2016
Nice write up. Hope it helps those people wey sabi SHAME-SHY grin
Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by candidbabe(f): 9:34am On Jan 10, 2016
Thumbs up @op
Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by pacodas: 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
Alejhandro:
Nice write up. Hope it helps those people wey sabi SHAME-SHY grin

So the write up no help u?
Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by Mekus68: 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
andychukse:

Very correct Sir. I'm introverted n shy by nature, so when I'm with shy ppl I take up d challenge n take d first step. And u wont even know I'm a shy person.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by andychukse(m): 9:59am On Jan 29, 2016
Mekus68:
Very correct Sir. I'm introverted n shy by nature, so when I'm with shy ppl I take up d challenge n take d first step. And u wont even know I'm a shy person.

What if you're with extroverts and pple who ain't shy at all?
Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by Mekus68: 11:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
andychukse:

What if you're with extroverts and pple who ain't shy at all?
I chip in at intervals
Re: How To Overcome Shyness This Year by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 2:50am On Feb 05, 2016
why shall i shy, am i not a people
even if i shall shy, shall i shy for people !!!

(1) (Reply)

Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents / The Most Disgusting Thing I Have Ever Done / How Many Times Have You Been Heartbroken ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.