Stats: 3,143,248 members, 7,780,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:45 PM

Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) (27980 Views)

Hyena And Magnificent Antelope Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi. Photos / Luxurious Suites In Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State / Underwater Photos Taken At The Yankari Games Reserve In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by brixton: 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
Booked
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by xreal: 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
scholes0:

shocked shocked

5 NAIRA! per adult?

I corrected myself.

I meant 500 naira.

Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Bluffly: 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
Mzgracie:
Like seriously, I can't believe what my eyes are seeing..
Never knew something like still exist in Naija

Many exist but Nigerians are not innovative yet to bring out the wealth of the Nation

Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by 10kgod(m): 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
........hmmmmmmmmm. what a nature preservation!!!!!
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Thatitan234(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
xreal:

wow!
I respect your profession.
*thumbs up*
Thanks man
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by birmingham04: 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
It is in my local government which is ijebu East Local Government. Ogbere ijebu is the headquarter. If u believe me click like.

Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Onegai(f): 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
Thatitan234:
Hmmm this same forest reserve that I was for 10 weeks last year??

Its not a place just anyone can go and have fun oo.

the place is underfunded and almost dead sef. Only destructive logging activities is what's left happening there.

No network, water and electricity again. Even the guest house is left unused

The bamboo groove, water fall and fish lake nko?? all out of it

Bad road and every other infrastructure is spoilt and unreplaced.

Only that bailey bridge crossing over the Omo river is still existing. It leads to the Elephants camp.

However, I enjoyed myself there but trust me you gotta be a forester or environmentalist to persevere and appreciate whats left of the place.

The place remains a natural resources reserve.

Would it be feasible to get private funding? Will the money go to the right place and will the illegal logging stop? I and my friends would love to visit and it would be nice to see the place up and running.

Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by hacmond(m): 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
Nice to place to visit shocked cool
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by SergeAlain: 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
Sad thing is that it took a bunch of oyinbo people braving the difficulties for us to even have these lovely pix.
And we are talking about diversification of the economy meanwhile no roads or proper bridges to allow people access many of our tourist attractions.

The road still far joo. cry cry cry

Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
Wonderful. This is the first time in hearing about this place, I could never have imagined a place like this exists in the sw, looks like some place that will be in cross river.
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Qtsnow(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
Thatitan234:
Hmmm this same forest reserve that I was for 10 weeks last year??

Its not a place just anyone can go and have fun oo.

the place is underfunded and almost dead sef. Only destructive logging activities is what's left happening there.

No network, water and electricity again. Even the guest house is left unused

The bamboo groove, water fall and fish lake nko?? all out of it

Bad road and every other infrastructure is spoilt and unreplaced.

Only that bailey bridge crossing over the Omo river is still existing. It leads to the Elephants camp.

However, I enjoyed myself there but trust me you gotta be a forester or environmentalist to persevere and appreciate whats left of the place.

The place remains a natural resources reserve.

Fellow Forester (Asogbo), had my industrial Training there in 2012, I strongly concur with you, I think the major problem is that is because it is been run by the Ogun State government, just exploiting the reserve, with lesser funding and regeneration activities. I actually learnt felling and logging process then. I guess you are from FUNAAB.
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Thatitan234(m): 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
Qtsnow:

Fellow Forester (Asogbo), had my industrial Training there in 2012, I strongly concur with you, I think the major problem is that is because it is been run by the Ogun State government, just exploiting the reserve, with lesser funding and regeneration activities. I actually learnt felling and logging process then. I guess you are from FUNAAB.

Yes I agree.

Not Funaab, Unibadan. Thanks
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Milkmill2000(m): 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
Wow! this is huge cas I love nature. I wonder this is place is close to me and I have not heard about it.
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Thatitan234(m): 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
Onegai:

Would it be feasible to get private funding? Will the money go to the right place and will the illegal logging stop? I and my friends would love to visit and it would be nice to see the place up and running.

Hmmm private funding... No body can invest in that place because it'll demand millions of dollars to get back up and running. Only maybe a consortium or International aid body can try such.

I guess for now you and your friends will have to make do with Obudu and other nature parks and reserves around.
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Onegai(f): 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
Thatitan234:

Hmmm private funding... No body can invest in that place because it'll demand millions of dollars to get back up and running. Only maybe a consortium or International aid body can try such.

I guess for now you and your friends will have to make do with Obudu and other nature parks and reserves around.

Why not start the ball rolling? You have no idea who my friends are, who they can speak to or what they're capable of and he ideas that can be worked on. Most are nature lovers. Who knows if they know how to get aid for this sort of place? And this would hardly be a one day or even 6 months' job, it would take a few years.

So, is the place totally in charge of the state government and will they be willing to let go of some control of it? I have some experience with LASG and govt in Nigeria tends to stubbornly hold onto stuff even when they don't know how to use it.

Is there proper documentation of the wildlife and fauna and flora there? Which institute is attached to it please?
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
Mzgracie:
Like seriously, I can't believe what my eyes are seeing..
Never knew something like still exist in Naija
grin grin so ur one of those dat thought nothing Gud will come out of naija
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Qtsnow(m): 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
Onegai:

Why not start the ball rolling? You have no idea who my friends are, who they can speak to or what they're capable of and he ideas that can be worked on. Most are nature lovers. Who knows if they know how to get aid for this sort of place? And this would hardly be a one day or even 6 months' job, it would take a few years.

So, is the place totally in charge of the state government and will they be willing to let go of some control of it? I have some experience with LASG and govt in Nigeria tends to stubbornly hold onto stuff even when they don't know how to use it.

Is there proper documentation of the wildlife and fauna and flora there? Which institute is attached to it please?

General overhauling of the place is the main thing, they still keep good inventory of the place inclusive of both, flora, fauna and machineries both dead and working, the logging process is one of the major income for the state government, so it might not be released fully to private funding, but anything can happen and I would love to work with your friends. Studies Forestry and Wildlife Management.
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by bigfrancis21: 10:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
Wow. This is beautiful!
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by ligalila(m): 10:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRTee15:
Lovely
Sorry what river is that......
Or is it the coastal terrain of ilaje/ijebu-waterside.
Yeah, it is OMO river. Found in Ogun Waterside area of Ogun State.
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by cityhood: 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
I must be their
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by vislabraye(m): 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
absoluteSuccess:
Such a great park,

A jewel to behold.

Beautiful nature.

Yeah. Ministry of tourism should publicise this park...

Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by cityhood: 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
I must be there.

Hw wl I do it if I wnt to mk it to shasha nw to booked for tour
?
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Ariyke: 11:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
BYEI:
Wow! I love this and will like to visit this Greenland someday, but my first bus stop this year is erinjesa waterfall. That place dey my mind die.....
don't raise ur expectation too high the place is cool buh the state govt refuse to make the place attractive enough like ikogosi in ekiti state
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Michellla(f): 12:22am On Jan 13, 2016
RickRichards:
Michellla, lets get lost in this beautiful forest together. cheesy
Then they'll post pictures of us on FP with the caption: "Two Good-looking Nairalanders Missing!"
And nairalanders will be like "Awww....beautiful people. I hope they're found". Dechandel will join them in saying that too, but deep inside she'll be like "Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! He wee just be disturbing my mentions anyhow. I hope he's nefa found. He should just stay there and become African Tarzan. Phew! Poor girl though". Dechandel, what did I ever do to you to make you say hurtful things to me in my imagination? I'm very mad at you right now. cheesy
you're so funny cheesy the bridge doesnt look safe enough tho cry
and to the other thingy i replied.check your mentions.
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by iebanehita(m): 12:34am On Jan 13, 2016
YorubaParapo:
more

Hi, Please do you work there or know of someone there?
I intend doing a reconnaissance visit to the forest reserve and also the biosphere reserve. I would start my project work on the reserve later in the year.
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by oloriadejoke(f): 12:47am On Jan 13, 2016
Hmmm are you sure all dis place dey naija abi na NAGEOWILD undecided
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 13, 2016
Michellla:
you're so funny cheesy the bridge doesnt look safe enough tho cry
and to the other thingy i replied.check your mentions.
Yup. Rickety-looking, but there's no adventure without a tinge of danger. grin
About the IG....I've checked. Can't find your reply. Kindly revisit the issue. smiley
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Michellla(f): 1:14am On Jan 13, 2016
RickRichards:

Yup. Rickety-looking, but there's no adventure without a tinge of danger. grin
About the ..I've checked. Can't find your reply. Kindly revisit the issue. smiley
not if we end up tumbling down. grin why you still awake ? undecided
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by ipledge10(m): 1:28am On Jan 13, 2016
Michellla:
not if we end up tumbling down. ;Dwhy you still awake ? undecided
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Michellla(f): 1:37am On Jan 13, 2016
ipledge10:
covers face
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by ipledge10(m): 1:46am On Jan 13, 2016
Michellla:
covers face
it's over already cry cry
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by vague: 5:37am On Jan 13, 2016

6 Foods You Should Avoid As A First-time Flyer / I Want To Migrate To Switzerland / How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad