Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. (60026 Views)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / How To Answer The Greatest Weakness Question In An Interview / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by AreaFada2: 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
Aremu01:
Remarkably Brilliant
It sounds very third world. In organised countries your car insurance may not cover your friend driving it. Should he kill or maim other people in an accident, their family members could face severe socio-economic problems as there will be no insurance pay out. Only a disorganised system won't have ambulance to call for the old lady. Overall a careless decision he took. If that is considered genius easy to see why we are where we aree.

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by haconjy(m): 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
how does your friend jumped into the story when he's not in the beginning.... Nobody can ever give perfect answer to that story except God... you answer is only base on the perception of the employees....
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by afemgbosey(m): 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
The old woman is about to die. The lady may be of my dreams. My friend saved my life. I don't know anyone except my old friend.
Old lady sits in my car and get warm till bus arrives, I chat with my friend and he sits in the car too waiting for me to zoom off later after gisting the lady and getting her contacts. Of course we are both in the rain. When the bus comes I leave with my friend or the lady, depending on circumstances grin

Only God gives wisdom.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by tiwiex(m): 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:
No genius here joor! wink
What if the Old woman is a witch? shocked
What if your old friend has joined bad gang and decide to vamoose with your car? angry
What if your assumed dream woman is another olosho waiting for "short time" or "day break" customer? cheesy

So i wont employ your genius cos he is not only a careless fellow but a callous one too wink grin grin cool

I believe its assumed the old woman is really in need and a good person, the friend's payback is overdue and the woman is truly the one that holds his future happiness. You are over thinking the puzzle by ur assumptions jare.

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by ThisDumebi: 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
Now, when is the bus coming on that wild, stormy night?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by rattlesnake(m): 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
he didnt answer the question...WHICH ONE WILL HE OFFER A RIDE
no one told him to redesignate the responsibility

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by tete7000(m): 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:
Man was told to solve this moral Dilemma in a Job Interview. His answer is genius.

Question:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus.

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect woman (or) man you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as a part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. I love this. I might actually use it sometimes for an interview situation.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dream".

Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box"

cc: lalasticlala

An assumption was made your old friend can drive. That wasn't stated in the question. What if that friend can't drive?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Aremu01(m): 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
AreaFada2:
It sounds very third world. In organised countries your car insurance may not cover your friend driving it. Should he kill or maim other people in an accident, their family members could face severe socio-economic problems as there will be no insurance pay out. Only a disorganised system won't have ambulance to call for the old lady. Overall a careless decision he took. If that is considered genius easy to see why we are where we aree.
U have a point all the same
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by getukudo(m): 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Loool...

Nigerians and taking things very personal. Its just a test question for the person taking the interview. Nothing to take too personal here...

Some pple are already calling the 'Old woman' a witch...Lool

2 Likes

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by wrongnumber: 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:
Man was told to solve this moral Dilemma in a Job Interview. His answer is genius.

Question:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as a part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. I love this. I might actually use it sometimes for an interview situation.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dream".

No answer dey perfectly correct biko.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by ojimbo(m): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:
What if your old friend has joined bad gang and decide to vamoose with your car? angry
What if your assumed dream woman is another olosho waiting for "short time" or "day break" customer? cheesy

So i wont employ your genius cos he is not only a careless fellow but a callous one too wink grin grin cool
you and witch paraba. what exactly do you mean by witch?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by obibc(m): 7:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
cool
Kelklein:

Question:

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

Very stale , I heard this riddle for the first time about 15 years ago
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by badonkadonk: 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

Why give my friend the car key..?

As a guyman..

The solution is simple....

Would simply word my padi as e dey go.. Since na my sure padi I go task am to collect all the babe details for me after I don talk my mind give the babe sharperly..

Then drop the woman for hospital..

OR

Highest I go put my padi for drivers seat.. Me and bae go siddon for insyd boot dey gist as tym no dey.... If she begin form too much say she no dey siddon for my car boot, then I am afraid she is not the woman of my dreams: And gets left behind

N.B-.. The rule said only one person can be in the car asyd the driver of the car.. It said nothing bout how many people can be sitted in my car boot...

Then we all drop the woman for hospital...

Stay with the woman of my dream (wey i no know before) for bus-stop for nyt for Lagos....!? That must be a nightmare am having!!!
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by pasol4real(m): 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
Bigmarx:
because you don't need to think deep to become successful
Says who
Havent u seen My signature?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
pasol4real:

Says who
Havent u seen My signature?
You are entitled to your opinion brother. Keep on thinking
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by oppyworld: 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nt really genius,,,

What if the old friend doesn't know how to drive?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by SHAIBULIAR: 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:

no mind dem jare
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by debraobas(f): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kk, what abt a man who has a lion, a goat, a yam and a boat, and the boat can only carry one at a time, which of them will he carry first.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Mutuwa(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:

You have a more qualified answer bros..
They dont think like Nigerians.give who car key? Stay with which lady?
Abegi..
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
this is not so brilliant, remember the scenario here, it is a wild,stormy night.It is very foolish of you to leave your car to a friend to take the woman home. Remember the safety rule, safety first. The only option that is genius enough is,since it is a wild, stormy night,let us deal with the main issue here. The real issue is not the car,neither is it the road or any of the three persons needing help, but the unfortunate situation of finding themselves in a wild and a stormy night....driving in a stormy night is risky itself. so the best option is, use all within your means to help them out. you can call out for help with your phone, you could drive to a nearby house and seek help.The solution is the mobility you have.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by okonja(m): 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

It's stormy and likely windy, am passing by NOT that I stopped at the Bus stop, So, it's gonna be difficult for me to know if people are at the bus stop because I would focus solely on the road straight ahead of me. cool cool
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by DeRay98(m): 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

Using one stone to kill 2 birds...
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by anytexy: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
hannie20:
What if the friend doesn't know how to drive,huhn
Na the same mama born us.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by anytexy: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
hannie20:
What if the friend doesn't know how to drive,huhn
Na the same mama born us.Lol
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
this was mean't to test that applicants reasoning faculty and he clearly gave a brillant response. Y una dey carry for head, soon una go say "what if three of them plan rob am"

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by ipreach: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
hit LIKE if the Op made sense
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by horpeepor: 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
Didn't even think of that sef... E make sense
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by iamgiggssleaky(m): 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
what if his best friend can't drive
what happens?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by preetyb(f): 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
Intelligent reply
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by ifeomaekol(f): 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
What if he ends up nt been my drm man? What if d old lady dies on d way to d hospital? What if my old frd isn't who he used to be?? Dts thinkn of d cons n nt only d pros. Bt if am to decide eh------its d frd dt once saved my life dt I would pick up, cos without him/her I wouldn't be dia, deciding on who to pick up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. / Available Engineering Jobs 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.