Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,691 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! (8796 Views)

Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke / Mbeki, Muazu, IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar Pose For The Camera (photo) / Gov. Yuguda & Emir Of Bauchi Playing Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by obj(m): 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2005
I was in Bauchi State recently and now I know what leadership is all about: good infrastructure, health, education and the general welfare of citizens. Amazingly they make no noise about it. There is hope in this country after all.

Unbelievable, there I saw what is probably the best government run IT facility, housed in a magnificent building. The schools and hospitals are just a marvel. Hey, this might sound as a campaign but I dare anyone to visit or ask anybody who has, if you don't get the same respose then it should be better.

A Muazu presidency? I say amen to that.
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by Akolawole(m): 12:56am On Dec 03, 2005
I've read something ecxiting about this man few years ago, if he still continue the good job. God bless him

1 Like

Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by kenflavor(m): 9:37am On Dec 05, 2005
Yeah, Gov. Muazu is one man I respect greatly. He doesn't make noise and never goes on air to praise himself but seeing it yourself will make you believe. He has really turned Bauchi into a Mecca of sorth. To me is the best Governor in the North: North West, North East and North Central put together.

Sai Governor Muazu
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by ocho(f): 11:55pm On Dec 09, 2005
I actually used to live in Bauchi! I grew up there too! Gov Muazu actually has been doing a good job since he stepped in and I hope he still is. He used to give funds to my sec school and he did a good job renovating the hostels at the university ATBU! you should see them now! I'd agree that Bauchi is one nice city,thanks to gov Muazu!!
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by Oracle(m): 12:37am On Dec 10, 2005
ok ok ok
BAUCHI Is beautiful
well iv never been there but by the way u people talk
it sure should look beautiful
well do u know other beautiful cities
i think uh Calabar is a cool place too

Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by ocho(f): 12:42am On Dec 10, 2005
ooooh! i remember that place, it's called WUNTI GATE(i think) ooooo! i miss bauchi cry
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by demmy(m): 12:48am On Dec 10, 2005
Good but Bauchi state still remain a shariah state sadly.

http://www.bauchi-state-nigeria.info/
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by ocho(f): 12:59am On Dec 10, 2005
i though it wasn't anymore? eeee yaaa fa!
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2005
yeah, passed thru bauchi a couple of times early this yr and without doubt is the state with the best roads in nigeria (even including abuja) right now.

it was hard to believe i was passing thru a nigerian state. the roads are tarred and knowing that the roads are not as heavily used, those roads are all dualised with beautiful dividers.
that state is a real beauty.

however the real story is in the rural areas, where their is still widespread poverty, lack of potable water, no electricity.
sharia still holds sway.
i am not amused by such superficial things as roads because more serious nations take good roads for granted today.
their is still no viable economic activity, everything depends wholly on federal govt allocation from oil revenue!

not much work is done in that state except the award of contracts (as is the case in almost all northern states!), everyone simply waits for the end of the month when they surface to pick their paychecks and disappear again.

This is not my idea of governance at all! good roads is not all their is to governance for if that was all, the american president would be entitled to a holiday all yr round!

Let us put our elected officials to task, governance is about ideas. how has muazu improved the economic base of his state. can he say his state can stand without federal allocation? if oil prices crash 2moro, can that state survive? besides we overlook the fact that bauchi is only sparsley populated and does not have up to a tenth of the roads lagos has. they do not have the swamps the nigerdelta pple have to surmount in order to build just a km of road stretch.
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2005
Governor Mu'azu pays salaries to medical students so the state will have more doctors! To find out more about this and other facts about Governor Mu'azu, read this:
http://www.independentng.com/backpage/thurnov240501.htm

1 Like

Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by Vongauche(m): 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2005
I am not surprised. EFCC say the only governors they don't have prima facie eveidence against are Donald Duke and a North-Eastern gov.-i believe it is Mu'azu
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by Seun(m): 12:07am On Jan 02, 2006
LAGOS, Jan. 1 (Xinhuanet) -- Alhaji Adamu Mu'azu, governor of the northern Nigerian state of Bauchi, has n[b]arrowly escaped being assassinated[/b] by a group of hoodlums who ambushed his motorcade, a government statement said on Sunday.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2006-01/02/content_3999332.htm

Who is trying to assasinate this man? angry

1 Like

Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by Akolawole(m): 1:11am On Jan 02, 2006
God will strenghten him(amen)
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by sethgoogle: 5:40am On Jan 16, 2006
Muazu has done well.He is the type of leader we need in Nigeria.We need a generational change.we are sick and tired of these sick senile creeps hanging in power.
demmy and ocho ,bauchi is a shariah state,yet they are progressing.Shariah is not a hinderance to development but a proponent of progress.It simply means 'a way of life'.
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by auwal(m): 12:52am On Aug 18, 2006
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by auwal(m): 12:53am On Aug 18, 2006
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by Seun(m): 2:58am On Jan 02, 2009
Any pictures?
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by Sammy107d(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2009
Good for Bauchi

A footage of a troop of baboons would offer more soothingness to the eyes as compared to Ekiti and its lawmakers. Ignominies at its zenith has become characteristic of the state house of assembly. I'm literally usually compelled to weep every time I see supposedly a honorable human bitch slap their excellency. My state; Ogun's childlike pettiness pales in comparison to Ekiti's bestialities. The people are basically screwed. watch the channels news on the website.
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by Texcee(f): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2009
EFCC launches fresh manhunt for Mu’azu - Over alleged N6bn loot

Nigerian Tribune

THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has begun a fresh manhunt for the former governor of Bauchi State, Alhaji Ahmed Muazu, over allegations that he mismanaged about N6 billion while in office.

The former governor had jetted out of the country about two months ago, when he informed the commission that he was travelling to the United Kingdom to attend the graduation ceremony of one of his children.

But the former governor has refused to show up at the commission’s headquarters since October, when he formally wrote to the commission to intimate it of his desire to attend the graduation ceremony in the United Kingdom.

Sources at the EFCC claimed that the former governor was on the run and said that the commission had begun a manhunt for him, as he is wanted in connection with a series of petitions alleging that he mismanaged over N6 billion while he served as governor.

A source said that the travails of the former governor would have started long ago but that he had hooked up to the train of former President Olusegun Obasanjo and ensured that the commission took things easy with him during the former president’s administration.

It was gathered that heaps of petitions against the former Bauchi governor were not completely treated until the last days of the Obasanjo administration.

A source, however, said that a report by the former Chairman of the EFCC, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on some alleged deals of the former governor was said to have dissuaded Obasanjo from giving him (Muazu) a favourable consideration in the 2007 presidential race.

A source in Abuja confirmed on Wednesday that the EFCC had actually been on the trail of the governor in the United Kingdom and Saudi Arabia.

“We have actually been looking for him, but he has been evading arrest. Whenever the EFCC operatives trailed him to the UK, they would be told that he had moved to Saudi Arabia and when they got to Saudi Arabia, they were told he had moved to the UK, it has been a hectic time trailing the man, but we are sure the operatives won’t just give up,” a source said.

It was learnt that Mu’azu might have utilised the opportunity granted him by the EFCC to travel to the United Kingdom to perfect the chance to evade further questioning from the commission, as he has since then been unavailable to answer questions.

“It is strange that no word has been heard from the former governor since he communicated the commission to ask for permission to travel for the graduation ceremony, and we find it difficult to believe that the graduation is still on more than two months after,” another source told the Nigerian Tribune on Wednesday.
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by jamace(m): 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2009
da guy is tryin but there is still some work left on his ATTITUDE,
Auwal. please explain, in plain language, what is wrong with his attitude.

I t is good to give honour to whom honour is due.
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by auwal(m): 11:57pm On Jan 02, 2009
Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by abt(m): 12:17am On Jan 03, 2009
few pics.

Re: Governor Muazu of Bauchi State: See Bauchi State and Die Happy! by otokx(m): 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2009
At least he did something even though he stole money, some of our own down south did not do anything but stole so much and they are now living large in Abuja. Why don't the EFCC if they are really serious go after them before they go for baby naming ceremony in Singapore?

(1) (Reply)

Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day / President Buhari Flies To Morocco Tomorrow For Climate Change Conference / Ugwuanyi’s Bold Initiatives For Enugu City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.