Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,371 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. (1608 Views)

Presidential Heredity Conspiracy. See How Obama Is Related To Bush / PHOTOS: How Obama Daughters Spent Their Holiday / How Obama Has Betrayed The Entire Black Race! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by ElRazur: 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2009
Obama killed a fly [ Yes eshinshin fly] and guess what?. . . It made the news. wtf!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8104495.stm

Gosh this Butt-licking is gone to far now. What next? Air time for farting? FFS. I didn't pay my tv licence for this crap.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by JeSoul(f): 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2009
ROTFLOL . . . na today? smiley The fawning and infatuation shows no visible signs of subsiding and funny enough Obama seems to be enjoying it.

I for one am amused at how the media has taken sides . . . MSNBC/CNN=Democrat, FOXNEWS=Republican. I read today Obama critisizing Foxnews that they never say anything good about him . . . well maybe Fox is just trying to provide some balance to all the ass-kissing going on at the other networks.

I get my news from BBC anyways . . .
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2009
JeSoul:

ROTFLOL . . . na today? smiley The fawning and infatuation shows no visible signs of subsiding and funny enough Obama seems to be enjoying it.

I for one am amused at how the media has taken sides . . . MSNBC/CNN=Democrat, FOXNEWS=Republican. I read today Obama critisizing Foxnews that they never say anything good about him . . . well maybe Fox is just trying to provide some balance to all the ass-kissing going on at the other networks.

I get my news from BBC anyways . . .

did you just notice? MSNBC has been the democrat mouthpiece for ages and FOX has been pro-Bush even before the elections so what's new?
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by JeSoul(f): 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2009
davidylan:

did you just notice? MSNBC has been the democrat mouthpiece for ages and FOX has been pro-Bush even before the elections so what's new?
Lol . . . I def didn't just notice. But it does seem the divide is getting wider and more pronounced.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by tpiah: 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2009
fly no dey America so that's quite an achievement you know.

More inspiration for us black people cheesy

this BBC sef- I'm starting to wonder if the place is full of Nigerians Africans.

always looking for heroes but the minute things go wrong, will call for their blood.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by bawomolo(m): 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2009
keith olberman and bill o'reilly need to co host a show together.

that would be pay per view classic.

bill maher and sean hannity could even be guest speakers from time to time.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by JeSoul(f): 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2009
While I view O'reilly as arrogant and full of himself, journalistically speaking, he is fair and doesn't cower from asking tough questions . . . he did chicken a little with Hillary . . . but overall, he is fair and doesn't take sides with either Dems or Reps.

Maher shocked me with his recent criticism of Obama  shocked . . . I did not see that one coming from the far left lunatic.
[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/HWulnfog20c[/flash]
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by nolongTing: 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
ElRazur:

Obama killed a fly [ Yes eshinshin fly] and guess what?. . . It made the news. wtf!

Gosh this Butt-licking is gone to far now. What next? Air time for farting? FFS. I didn't pay my tv licence for this crap.

Thats funny! grin cheesy The BBC keeps increasing the licence fee then covers this kind of crap? Well, Obama will welcome any distraction from the real issues and I don't blame him. For example why did he go down the road and have a burger with vice president Biden and invite the press? If he fails he can always point the finger to his predecessor and if he fixes anything we won't stop hearing about it.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by tunku(m): 1:28am On Jun 18, 2009
The reason you hear Obama everywhere is because you are watching 24 hour news services, Get a job or a life and you wouldn't care about Obama. Anyone praising O'reilly as fair and balance is off their rockers, but religious nutjobs are excluded from that list though. cheesy
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by ElRazur: 10:33am On Jun 18, 2009
tunku:

The reason you hear Obama everywhere is because you are watching 24 hour news services, Get a job or a life and you wouldn't care about Obama. Anyone praising O'reilly as fair and balance is off their rockers, but religious nutjobs are excluded from that list though. cheesy

Some people have a job. Some people have internet access on their phone and at work and almost everywhere they work. Damn, I even ha ve internet on the move.

The point is, in this day and age of digitalization [depending on what part of the Globe you are living] information is more or less easily accessible. Thanks for nothing.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by tunku(m): 11:35am On Jun 18, 2009
True and I too have access to those things, but I don't spend it looking for inane news unless The news is actually breaking news I stop watching news after my daily allotment of morning and evening news, which in all honestly rarely involve 24/7 news. Thank God of PBS, I get BBC America and the supremely professional Jim Lehrer News Hour, and lets not forget World Affairs for international news. What I'm trying to say is PBS is the only thing that won't get you that feeling of overexposure, because to be frank 24/7 news channels stretch an hour of news to last all day long.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by ElRazur: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2009
Now you are just trying to give justification to your silly comment. Ever heard of RS FEEDS? I get them delivered on my phone. All I had to do was copy and paste it with a few comments as a new thread.

You have people who are interested in what is happening in and around them. Then you get people who aren't. Whatever class you belong in, it is wrong to try and patronise the other. Simple. It aint rocket science.

Note to state the obvious, 24/7 news channels are doing exactly what they are supposed to do! Give you news 24/7!! You call it over-exposed, some think it is keep up to date as event change just like that in the fast moving world.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by tunku(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
Yes, I sure do like getting hourly updates about a news event that happened hours ago that is of no great importance. These channels are echo chambers and after watching fifteen minutes of it can deduce what will be covered for the rest of the day. Again Rss feeds are fine and well but if you choose to focus on every inane story you get then that is up to you, but please don't tell me that it is about being informed or in the loop. I don't know how squashing a fly makes one in the loop. Take the any news website that isn't a blog and you will notice that outside of the morning updates and truly breaking news and live events such as a policy speech or a sports event the websites update infrequently over the day. But again, you are the ultimate gatekeeper and you can always shut out the noise, but if you choose not to and complain about the noise then you are taking the piss out of all of us.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by JJYOU: 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2009
wbb
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by ElRazur: 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
tunku:

Yes, I sure do like getting hourly updates about a news event that happened hours ago that is of no great importance. These channels are echo chambers and after watching fifteen minutes of it can deduce what will be covered for the rest of the day.

It is an epic fail at sarcasm am afraid.

So assuming you left home in the morning after checking for what is on etc, you are telling me that is an indicator of what will happen for the rest of the day? Erm okay. Only that there is a small issue of Breaking news. When 911/July Bombings happnened, the news channels you referred to as echoes where reporting something different prior to that. But hey never mind.

Again Rss feeds are  fine and well but if you choose to focus on every inane story you get then that is up to you, but please don't tell me that it is about being informed or in the loop. I don't know how squashing a fly makes one in the loop. Take the any news website that isn't a blog and you will notice that outside of the morning updates and truly breaking news and live events such as a policy speech or a sports event the websites update infrequently over the day. But again, you are the ultimate gatekeeper and you can always shut out the noise, but if you choose not to and complain about the noise then you are taking the piss out of all of us.

It is funny how people would push justification to the bitter end. I posted this to highlight the bullsh.it butt-licking I see in the media with regards to Obama. So what is your point?  A quick check on my post history would suggest I am against the hero-worship of politicians at home and abroad. Something this thread again highlights. Dude you are awesome.

As for seeing me as the gatekeeper, well it is your prerogative. Your problem, not mine.

Again keep pushing the justification.  smiley
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by tunku(m): 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2009
I wonder where I said truly breaking news shouldn't be reported? But how often does truly breaking news happens that is of great importance. And we all know that 9/11 is a daily occurrence. Actually its not on me to tell you what you should or shouldn't be reading, I could care less. But to cry of overexposure is a bit rich if you are willingly part of the largess of information overload.  Again, if you could read, which I doubt, you would know that I mentioned that breaking news are covered on news sites. But if getting feeds, twits, and twats about someone squashing a fly is what riles your goat then by all means feel aggrieved by your own banality.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by ElRazur: 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2009
Another epic failure.

Seeing that you missed my point, let us leave it like that for now. No point. You do your thing and let me do mine.

Have a nice day sir smiley
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by tunku(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2009
Listen idiot, let me post what I posted before so that you may READ it.
tunku:

Yes, I sure do like getting hourly updates about a news event that happened hours ago that is of no great importance. These channels are echo chambers and after watching fifteen minutes of it can deduce what will be covered for the rest of the day. Again Rss feeds are fine and well but if you choose to focus on every inane story you get then that is up to you, but please don't tell me that it is about being informed or in the loop. I don't know how squashing a fly makes one in the loop. Take the any news website that isn't a blog and you will notice that outside of the morning updates and truly breaking news and live events such as a policy speech or a sports event the websites update infrequently over the day. But again, you are the ultimate gatekeeper and you can always shut out the noise, but if you choose not to and complain about the noise then you are taking the piss out of all of us.

Again, who said I didn't mention truly breaking news? If you don't want to see butt licking of politicians then stop watching partisan news channels. The fractured nature of American politics makes it obvious the leaning of dedicated new channels and all sides participate in the licking of butts. But basic reading comprehension escapes you so you must feel aggrieved more than the normal intelligent person on the streets that knows when and how to shut off noise.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by 4Play(m): 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2009
You don't have to actively seek this kind of inconsequential news for it to be thrust on you. Paper edition of today's Times features Obama's fly slaughtering heroics.

Nothing beats this though: http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2008/feb/28/news/chi-kass_28feb28 Obama applauded for blowing his nose.  grin
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by ElRazur: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
4 Play:

You don't have to actively seek this kind of inconsequential news for it to be thrust on you. Paper edition of today's Times features Obama's fly slaughtering heroics.

Nothing beats this though: http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2008/feb/28/news/chi-kass_28feb28 Obama applauded for blowing his nose.  grin

It is funny how he misses the simple point I was trying to present. Yet result to name calling and what not.

If you are connected in this part of the world, then it is known that some issues/news one cannot escape. For example, I do not watch big brother, yet I get info one way or the other on this. I guess I must be watching some rubbish channel or something. **sniggers**
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by tunku(m): 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2009
If you get news about big brother it is because you choose to get news about big brother. If you can name the winners of inane reality show or even know most of its contestants then it is because you choose to know. Its as if you people have no self-discerning bone in your body to separate crap from substance. I see you protecting your right to post the inane by informing another poster in a thread that you've already started a thread about it. Again, if you complain about the problem, then contribute to it makes me "think the lady doth protest too much."
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by ElRazur: 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2009
Dude I already told you "Have a nice day" smiley But don't for one second think I do not know what to say to you. It is just have have to put a stop to the unnecessary cycle. smiley

Let me guess, I choose to see bill boards? I choose to see these things on home page or reported as news feed when logged into my email providers. shocked I must have picked it without realising when some of these "news" makes the spread sheet as well?

Now you are attacking the man and not the message.

Dude if you feel this is not news worthy, why did you decide to make a post after reading the opening lines? And why do you keep posting in it? Kinda ironic. I mean, wasting you time and effort on something not news worthy. But hey, like I said before, do your thing and let me do mine.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by tunku(m): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2009
I am not a self-serving hypocrite complaining abut the excesses of the news media while contributing to it. What? You think that this story is so pressing as to post it here? If so good job, but I wonder if it is in keeping with the spirit of this subforum. Afterall,reading this had little to do with substantive international news, it is just a throwaway story that is at best a sidebar. Again, I am not the one exercising monopolistic interests in reserving the right to post and bitch about the inane .No, nothing about me badgering you and your dumb thread is not ironic. It is dickish, but I am not a bleeping hypocrite for saying that you are part of the problem that you moan about, that the ultimate gatekeeper is you.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by ElRazur: 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2009
Is that all you have? I aint doing bad to be honest. grin

Finally we can move on. grin
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by tunku(m): 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2009
For a vapid airhead I agree.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by ElRazur: 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2009
Oh no! He's back again. Okay, here in the words of Rodney King "Can all just get along". grin Dude, I made my points and you just seem hell bent on your justification, insults, ad homen tactics and bickering. I think you should have the last say, that way we can truly move on.

**Hands Tunku the mic for closing speech**

grin
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by tunku(m): 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2009
Like I said before, I am a dickish impish sort of fellow. If you want to be petty, I can be petty. Please, for future reference, don't bitch and moan about something you yourself are guilty about.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by ElRazur: 1:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
**Resist the urge to say the obvious**

**Sniggers**

@ Topic
I wonder what is making the news again.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by tunku(m): 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2009
cheesy grin weak minds are easily distracted and manipulated. And here I thought you magnanimous for letting me have the last word. It would seem that your word flits as much as you do.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by JeSoul(f): 2:03pm On Jun 18, 2009
4 Play:

Nothing beats this though: http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2008/feb/28/news/chi-kass_28feb28 Obama applauded for blowing his nose. grin

Gbam.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by JeSoul(f): 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2009
PETA Wishes Obama Hadn't Swatted That Fly
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,527001,00.html 
WASHINGTON —  The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

LOL . . .  cheesy These PETA people never fail to give me a good laugh. Fox should be whipped for even reporting this story and putting in on their front page.
Re: It Is Awesome How Obama Makes The News. by TOYOSI20(f): 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2009
ElRazur:

Tee hee hee!!. . . .so true, . . . . .if u live by the sword u must be prepared to die by it as well. . . .

But right now i feel like its favouring him a lot, which is a good thing, . . . .

The media's fascination of him, could very well be his secret weapon, . . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Search For Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Abandoned 3 Years After It Went Missing. / US President Trump Insults Muslim Mayor Of London / See The Epic Reply This Kenyan Politician Gave To Those Criticizing Her Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.