Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

4 Big Lies You Have Been Told About Table Water Business - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / 4 Big Lies You Have Been Told About Table Water Business (5902 Views)

Let me manage your Table Water factory production / Thread For Pure Water Business Both Existing Producers And Intending Producers / Sacket And Table Water Producing Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Big Lies You Have Been Told About Table Water Business by solarj05(m): 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
Dear Reader,
If you are planning to start a table water business in Nigeria whether sachet water or bottle water, then this thread is created for you.
My Name is Olusola james. I have written several write ups on different online platforms regarding the establishment of a Table Water business in Nigeria under the strict regulations of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
Though a little different from some of my previous write-ups, I have developed this thread to guide prospective investors in this industry against mistakes imminent in the start-up of a typical Table Water business in Nigeria.
Over the years, I have realised that many people are looking for a good business to invest in and once they hear about the 'pure water' business, they rush in with little or no information about the business. This had caused a lot of occurrences of business failure within the industry as many people would end up rushing out the way they rushed in.
From experience, victims of these business failure are majorly Nigerians abroad wanting to invest in Nigeria, and Retirees who have just collected gratuity or other form of retirement benefit hoping to start a business. Because they have the money, they just engage a consultant and the rest becomes story.
Most consultants will not tell you the truth about the business, because they want to work for you to earn their own income. And this has caused a lot of issues. The sincere truth is, It is not every body that can run a table water production business. This was what informed me to develop this piece to reveal the lies many consultant tell. I beleive it is better for you to know what's involved so that you can know whether you have what it takes to run this business.

4 BIG LIES YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD ABOUT TABLE WATER BUSINESS;
BIG LIE #1
You can never run a Table Water Production Business at loss because water is a free gift of nature
If someone has told you that You can never run a Table Water Production Business at loss because water is a free gift of nature, or you just developed that belief yourself, I beg to disappoint you by saying it's a Big Lie.
This is the part that many Consultants would not tell you because they are after luring you into the business and make their money, thereafter leaving you to be managing your problems. This is why many Table Water businesses most especially those producing only sachet fail. In fact Statistic has it that, on the average, NAFDAC registers 3000 new table water products (New Companies) every year and it will also surprise you that more than 2000 companies close down business every year in Nigeria, most especially, within the first 2years of operation.
Is this not disturbing?
Yes it is actually disturbing! Indeed it is disturbing to know that the business you want to start is susceptible to such a business continuity challenge.
But despite this challenge, very many water factories are doing well. The difference between those that are doing well and those that are closing down is how they started. simply put the failed ones started wrong. Therefore if you rely on this kind of lie, you’ll be making a big error.
Just like every other business, you can run at loss if proper management and controls are not put in place. I quite agree with you that water is a free gift of nature, it is of important to note that you need to package your water in some kind of packaging material. This constitute the material cost.
Moreso, you need the services of people who will work in the factory to operate the machine and pack. Payment for these services and others constitute the labour cost.
After production, you need to take it out to the buyers and you will use a delivery van for this. The cost of maintaining the delivery van as well as payment for the service of the sales team make the selling and distribution cost.
In a big or medium scale venture, there may be need for administrative staffs and some other costs incidental to production and distribution, all these cost items are to be planned for. so the business is not just a magic money tree where you just rake in money anyhow as many people has made it look.

BIG LIE #2
Anybody can do the business and make huge profit from the first year of production
Please get me right, Not anybody can do this business successfully! Don't be scared, find out why I said so.
If you can not manage this business by yourself and you cannot employ adequate controls to manage the business, If you cannot wait patiently to understand the sales and growth pattern of this business in your environment and work with it, if you cannot invest substantially enough capital for smooth take off, and mostly if you cannot learn before you start, then I beg to say this business is not for you.

BIG LIE #3
You can start Table Water production with N400,000 or less
I’ve seen several mouth watering publications claiming you can start the business with N400,000 or less. please if you meet anyone promising to help you set up a factory with this amount, he will put you into trouble.
However I once posited that potential sachet water producers on a low budget can go a long way with N 800,000. I never said you would kick off business working on an extremely low budget as 800,000 , you probably will use fairly used machines and equipments or use your personal car for distbution,
BIG LIE #4
NAFDAC registration is very expensive and difficult to do.
Eventhough I am neither a NAFDAC spokesperson nor its representative, I can tell you NAFDAC registration is not difficult nor expensive. Even NAFDAC encourages producers to do the registration by themselves. Thinking if you can do it yourself? YES.... I’ll Show you how....
These and many more are the lies some consultants tell you just to lure you into the business, they make their money and leave you to face the music.
Do not get me wrong, I am not saying Pure Water business is not good. All im saying is you need to learn about it. Please observe my take on the table Water Business below:
It is just like any other business. You need to carry out your feasibility study to get it right.
The major cost factor in the table water business is the cost of the packaging materials.
It is not a wonder business that just rake in money just as many had made it look.
It is very profitable if you do it the right way.
It has a high rate of staff turnover.
It is capital Intensive. If you must make good money, You must Invest good money.

THESE ARE THE REAL TRUTH MANY PEOPLE WILL NOT TELL YOU.
Can you now ask yourself why I am telling you these?
Simple..... It is because I do not believe in luring you into a business you will later regret. I have consulted for many clients. Infact after my consultation for you, you will be able to decide wether to invest in the business or find another alternative. That’s the best way I think.
Sincerely, My clients that invested in this business are ever doing fine. I still maintain good business relationship with most of them.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE GETTING STARTED
Business registration: You need to register your business name. whether a business venture or a limited corporate entity.
Trademark registration: After registering your business name, then you need a trademark. Trademark is the Product registration.
Factory Building: Most advisable to build a new business structure for the factory but if you want to operate a low budget, you can use an existing building.
Source of Water: There are some sources of water accepted by the NAFDAC. But the most often used in Nigeria is the underground water popularly refered to as borehole.
Machines and Equipments: Find out the list of the equipments in my ebook.
NAFDAC Registration: There are some basic requirements your factory must have to be licenced for production. some of it are listed above. the remaining are contained in my ebook. including how to get the registration done.

INTRODUCING "THE PURE WATER BOOK"
A comprehensive guide on starting a Table Water business in Nigeria
The book “The Pure Water Book” is one of the best materials a potential investor may need to get an in-depth analysis of the Table Water business.
It is unique in the sense that it is a product of the practical experiences of people who have invested into the business.
This book is going to reveal in details all the information I've discussed with you earlier on this website. It is going to give you A-Z guidelines on starting your Table Water Business whether as a standard business or on a small scale. Most importantly it will give you some tips on how to stay alive as a business. I also included the various information you need as well as how to source for all your machines at the cheapest price here in Nigeria without having to face any hurdle of importing anything.
TEN REASONS WHY YOU NEED THE PURE WATER BOOK
1. It provides an in-depth exposure into the business not excluding the potential risks involved in the business.
2. It provides step-by-step approach to starting the Table Water business in Nigeria.
3. It provides proven strategies to mitigate the effect of the risks in the business.
4. It gives a detailed information regarding NAFDAC registration requirements and other regulatory agencies in Nigeria.
5. It provides a unique guide to starting the table water business including a detailed cost and profitability analysis.
6. It contains secrets and facts many successful table water producers will not tell you.
7. It serves as a complete guide for low budget starters.
8. It provides detailed analysis of machinery and equipments and all other resources needed for the business and how to source for them.
9. It serves as guide to water purification and treatment strategies that will produce the best water in the face of competition.
10. It helps you start your business as an informed professional, thereby avoiding wastage that may arise as a result of starting with little or no information.
As you can see from the little points highlighted above that this ebook is so loaded with all the information you need on starting a table water business in Nigeria.
Now Let’s talk about the price of this wonderful book
I’m sure you have been waiting for this part. When I first launched this ebook in 2014, I gave it out free for some people who had read some of my posts on pure water business and called on me to put up the structure for them, simply because I wanted to satisfy their curiosity. Later I decided to put it out for the public for a fee.
In fixing the price, If I should consider how loaded the book is and the numerous start-up issues addressed in the book and of course, the workdone in the compilation of this book, I will charge as much as N20,000. As a matter of fact, the load of information in the book is priceless.
But for the opportunity of the general public who in my opinion, will appreciate this contribution to the fast spreading knowledge f the table water industry, I have decided to make this book available for N6,000.
Yes! you will have to pay just N6,000 to get a copy of my ebook ‘The Pure Water Book’
I know Some people may think it is just too small, while you may be of the opinion that N6,000 is just too much for just an ebook. However, you may be part of those who think I am fair enough.
Anyway, If you believe N6,000 is just too much, kindly ignore.
To Some of you who bought this book at N10,000 in the year 2015, please accept my apologies. I believe it doesn’t matter how much you bought this book, what matters is for you to have the information you need to achieve your dream.
So, do you want a copy of The Pure Water Book? If yes!
kindly send me a mail requesting for the account details via jamesolusola@gmail.com;

Kind Regards.
Olusola James.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Big Lies You Have Been Told About Table Water Business by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
End time market
Re: 4 Big Lies You Have Been Told About Table Water Business by tobisco29(m): 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
Its a good bussiness
Having a table water n petrol station
Its yeild alot of income
Re: 4 Big Lies You Have Been Told About Table Water Business by jamosf: 12:20am On Jan 12, 2016
@solarj05, i just want to thank you for the pure water book. it is just very informative. i never wanted to order for it because i was thinking it could be ones of those to end in my trash bin. but thank God i did. its really helpful. please i really need you to work with me in putting up a structure for the business in Asaba, Delta state. i wikl call you wen i'm set. Thank God for you. Thabk you really much for the pure water book. kudos.
Re: 4 Big Lies You Have Been Told About Table Water Business by macotrading72(m): 3:50am On Jul 31, 2016
This is getting more interesting, as a matter of fact I was just browsing the internet for pure water machines and prices then I decided to check nairaland for any useful info then I saw this thread. Thanks bro for such a comprehensive and educative information.
I will like more update on the business but I guess I will have to order the ebook first, but the point being I am not in the country at the moment can the ebook be mailed to my E-mail address?
Let me know then we take it from that
Thanks and have a good one

(1) (Reply)

Wholesale Of Nigerian Breweries Products And Hero Lager, Grand Malt / Nylon For Chinchin And Small Cakes / Welding Machine With Digital Inverter Technology For Sale @girisim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.