Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,985 members, 7,799,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

182 Boulevard De Clichy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 182 Boulevard De Clichy (1079 Views)

No Boulevard In Sango (16+) / Poem:boulevard Of Misery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

182 Boulevard De Clichy by Orikinla(m): 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2006
I have published two more books online since my Scarlet Tears of London and working on another book, a reality novel 182 Boulevard de Clichy set in Paris and I have to travel to Paris and stay there for at least 60 days to write the romantic novel.

I love the French and the French love me. My short fiction One Day At Obalende Bus Stop won the third prize in their Lire En Fete Short Story Competition in 2002. Their prize winning journalist and novelist Dominique Sigaud came to meet with some selected writers in Nigeria and we had a rewarding workshop. Then the French Cultural Centre in Lagos co-sponsored my political drama in choreography Sleepless Night on the betrayal of MKO Abiola in the June 12 Political Crisis in Nigeria. They would have sponsored the production of my work-in- progress documentary Images of Our Ancestors on the largest single collection of soapstone figures in the world found in the village of Esie in Kwara State, but the Audio-Visual Attache said I did not have the experience and good director to make such an ambitious film. And he was right then.

182 Boulevard de Clichy is about an illegal immigrant in Paris who had to take desperate measures for his survival and success. He did not want to be deported. He slept with a prostitute at 182 Boulevard de Clichy and soon became a gigolo and had to live there until further notice.

It is a reality novel, so my leading character must be a real illegal immigrant and must sleep with a prostitute and must attempt to be a gigolo for 60 days and his experiences will be the story of this romantic novel. Two things would be useful in writing this novel. Vivid imagination and credibility based on factual reality.

182 Boulevard de Clichy should be ready before the end of 2007 by the infinite grace of God. And my French Translator Bernard Honore is God sent to me. He translated the Images of Our Ancestors for me. And it was perfect. I am publishing it soon. Honore understands the locale and rationale of 182 Boulevard de Clichy. The Moulin Rouge will be a central place for this novel. And my leading character will be going from his 182 Boulevard de Clichy to 82 Boulevard de Clichy to the Moulin Rouge and I will create the dramatic circumstances within this place in 60 days. I may cause a big scene and end up beaten or arrested and deported in the end. To make a grand finale.

What do you think?

Re: 182 Boulevard De Clichy by fellybabe(f): 7:50am On Oct 30, 2006
Dats kool and sound interesting
Re: 182 Boulevard De Clichy by fellybabe(f): 7:50am On Oct 30, 2006
Dats kool and sound interesting
Re: 182 Boulevard De Clichy by Orikinla(m): 11:03am On Oct 31, 2006
I need more suggestions from anyone in Paris with the knowledge of how illegal immigrants struggle for survival.

(1) (Reply)

I Slept With Slim Mariam - Fiction / Reawakening The Memory Of D.o. Fagunwa Through Fagunwa Night / Vote Your Writer Of The Year - Literature Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.