Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,083 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:33 AM

What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? (12648 Views)

How Do I Stop My Pregnant Girlfriend Of Her Obsession With ZEEWORLD - Photo / Obsession With My Girlfriend Is Tearing Me Apart. Help! / Female Nairalanders And Their Obsession With Unclad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by SemuhleB(f): 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
Can someone tell me why Nigerians are obsessed with these two countries. Every day there must be something about South Africa this or Ghana that. Even reading comments on topics that have nothing to do with these countries you will find some idiots blaming south Africa or some silly comment.

It's a new year. This obsession must stop. There are 53 African countries so give us a break already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by duullie88(m): 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
Oyamilenu ooooooooo

6 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by ronald4lif(m): 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
I haven't noticed what you're talking about and I'm an active user here. Perhaps, they're only being defensive when their country is lampooned first?

6 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by HrtBrkSteve(m): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Quite alot of Nigerians are based in Southie n Ghana than any other African countries. So tendency of these countries been mentioned very highThats my opinion, stand to be corrected though

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by SemuhleB(f): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
ronald4lif:
I haven't noticed what you're talking about and I'm an active user here. Perhaps, they're only being defensive when their country is lampooned first?
Seriously you have not noticed? There are so many instances that they will bring out or start stuff for no reason. There is one SA guy in particular that I will admit that most times he starts stuff for no reason but apart from him it's always been us defending ourselves
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by slytubadth(m): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
We are just sharing the brotherly love.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by SemuhleB(f): 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
slytubadth:
We are just sharing the brotherly love.
lol so sharing brotherly love means insults and hate speech etc? Wow I wonder how it will be like if you had to share hate
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by mployer(m): 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
You came here to hook a naija boyfriend? cheesy

You are welcome sweetie.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by StefanSalvatore: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
What r with obsessed with??

U didn't specify undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by SemuhleB(f): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
mployer:

You came here to hook a naija boyfriend? cheesy

You are welcome sweetie.
lol I don't need to go anywhere to hook a boyfriend. I have one already besides I don't date Nigerian men

7 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by cocoama(f): 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
I think they just dislike those two countries that's all. I only thought it was ghana never knew about south africa. As much as I hate reading such stuff or bad comments about my country, it is their forum after all so I seriously doubt what you say will change anything.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by slytubadth(m): 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
cocoama:
I think they just dislike those two countries that's all. I only thought it was ghana never knew about south africa. As much as I hate reading such stuff or bad comments about my country, it is their forum after all so I seriously doubt what you say will change anything.

You are taking this personal..
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by obiorathesubtle: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
grin south africa/ghana beef is nothing compared to Nigeria vs Kenya beef..

6 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
this Op needs attention ..... Don't worry, you'll get it sooner

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by cocoama(f): 3:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
slytubadth:

I am not. I just know there is this Ghana versus Nigerian thing that has been going on for years and I doubt it will stop.

3 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by GodMode: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
Its SemuhleB again gringringrin

Other African countries dislike Nigerians... Its only right that Nigerians respond the same way, but Nigerians don't and its really annoying...

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by gamaliel121(m): 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:
Can someone tell me why Nigerians are obsessed with these two countries. Every day there must be something about South Africa this or Ghana that. Even reading comments on topics that have nothing to do with these countries you will find some idiots blaming south Africa or some silly comment.

It's a new year. This obsession must stop. There are 53 African countries so give us a break already.

You are south african right? Tell me names of blogss in ur country lemme signup and enjoy just as u are feeling nairaland too...

5 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by iamord(m): 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:

lol. Thank goodness am not the only one noticing the obsession. New Year... Same old immaturity

3 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by gamaliel121(m): 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
slytubadth:

Gimme a name of a blog in your country lemme signup and see what happens there...

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by GodMode: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
cocoama:
I am not. I just know there is this Ghana versus Nigerian thing that has been going on for years and I doubt it will stop.

Some have not forgotten the "Ghana must go" ish.. So it won't stop anytime soon...

Nigerian govt just have to stop playing "giant of Africa" and switch off Ghana and any other African country's power supply that Nigeria supplies...

4 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by slytubadth(m): 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:
lol so sharing brotherly love means insults and hate speech etc? Wow I wonder how it will be like if you had to share hate

Nah its not like that, at times we just pull their legs and they just take it personally.. 80% of the time we don't start the insults.
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by SemuhleB(f): 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
GodMode:
Its SemuhleB again gringringrin

Other African countries dislike Nigerians... Its only right that Nigerians respond the same way, but Nigerians don't and its really annoying...

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by slytubadth(m): 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
gamaliel121:

Gimme a name of a blog in your country lemme signup and see what happens there...

Me??
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by cocoama(f): 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
GodMode:

Some have not forgotten the "Ghana must go" ish.. So it won't stop anytime soon...

Nigerian govt just have to stop playing "giant of Africa" and switch off Ghana and any other African country's power supply that Nigeria supplies...
lol Nigerians are so cocky and arrogant.
Honestly I don't think it's because of Ghana must go. That happened a long time ago and it's not like we are taught about it from a very young age, perhaps the older generation who went through that may have dislike towards nigerians but I just feel it's something else....

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Mrbigman1(m): 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:

Why all this struggle for attention?

It's very cheap.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by iamord(m): 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
slytubadth:

She is not. She is saying the truth. It's been like this ever since on nairaland .. Where u been?
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by gamaliel121(m): 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
cocoama:
Honestly I don't think it's because of Ghana must go. That happened a long time ago and it's not like we are taught about it from a very young age, perhaps the older generation who went through that may have dislike towards nigerians but I just feel it's something else....

Give me a link to any blog in your country so I can enjoy myself too as u are feeling nairaland!!
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by ronald4lif(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:
Seriously you have not noticed? There are so many instances that they will bring out or start stuff for no reason. There is one SA guy in particular that I will admit that most times he starts stuff for no reason but apart from him it's always been us defending ourselves

I have to admit that I've come across where denizens of both countries derides each other a few times but not as exuberant and rife like you put it. Even then, if you examine the people behind the strife you'd agree with me that they're stolid and mentally weak so they feel the need to give their pathetic lives a lift by deriding others.

So why should one bother about moronic individuals when there are better things and people to read from?

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by slytubadth(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
iamord:

She is not. She is saying the truth. It's been like this ever since on nairaland .. Where u been?

Am not saying she is lying. I have been here. At times I witness E-war amongst them. But majority of em ain't cause by us. I know of a certain wale who purposely will create topics juss to provoke us.
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by GodMode: 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
cocoama:

Its the African cocky and arrogant mentality..

Its all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by iamord(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
slytubadth:

Am not saying she is lying. I have been here. At times I witness E-war amongst them. But majority of em ain't cause by us. I know of a certain wale who purposely will create topics juss to provoke us.

Lol. Am Sorry to day but any person that believes the wale post is silly. Even Ghanaians on here know he is not one of their own. He brings up post telling people what they want to hear. Bringing out the arrogance. Something to arouse the Nigerian ego. His posts make no sense and hold no value so it's not something to take seriously. On the other note. There is no day you will not find a silly and ignorant post about Ghana. Let me not even delve into the Ghana must go slang that is now part of the lingua Franca. There's a whole lot been posted here. Majority of them are even false and stale news. Not good for the image of a forum as big as this

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by AzontoGhost(m): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
GodMode:

it's 2016 and you still believe this power supply sh!t

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bootylicious: 6 Reasons You Must F**ck A Fat Woman At Least Once! / Who Can Tell Me What Truly Happened In This Room? [Pictures] / My Rape Experience As A Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.