Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! (36118 Views)

Snail Farming In Nigeria Made Easy, Practical Tips / Comparative Economic Importance Of Crop & Fishery To Snailery / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
Learn by practice, the A to Z of snailery / snail farming at VICOMO FARMS NIG. LTD
A subsidiary of VICOMO GLOBAL RESOURCES LIMITED.
Forget about what you have read. Come and see things for yourself.
Visual learning is the BEST way to learn. Come and do practicals with us.

Call or WhatsApp: 08066 194 562

Starting a Snail Farm:
Snail farming, as you may already know is highly lucrative.

For:
* Practical training on general snail farm management,
* Calcium Supplement (for increased eggs production and snail shell development)
* Treatment of your farm,
* Start up,
* Counselling/consultation,
* Starting stock (viable, healthy Point of lay),
* Farm inspection,
* Healthy jumbo size snails for consumption,
Call/WhatsApp: 08066 194 562

Snail farming gives you time to attend to other businesses. Start small and grow big.

We can help you start your snail farm with any amount you have and guild you untill you reach your desired destination in snailery.

Things To Consider When Starting Your Snail Farm:
1. Training/ Follow-up.
2. Finance.
3. Availability of feed/calcium
4. A source of Clean water.
5. Availability of a Vet doctor/ Experienced farmer.
6. Weather. This determine the type of pen you will construct and the species you will start with.
7. Good starting stock (good breeders).
8. Market. (This is almost always available) . Etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJnNuhnIlHs

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by umehmj(m): 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
location?
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
We also suppply calcium supplement for increased eggs production and fast development of snail shells. With our calcium supplement, you can harvest table size, in 9 months.

SNAIL IMMUNE BOOSTER
(Snail Medication)

For:
* Prevention of diseases in snails.
* Treatment of diseases.
* Fast recovery after any type of treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHKr-DSSGlk

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 5:17am On Jan 11, 2016
We can also guild you on how to build a secured pen for your snails.
SNAIL FEEDS AND FEEDING

Snails feed on a wide variety of food mostly in the night and at dusk i.e. snails are nocturnal and crepuscular. They may also feed during the day when it rains or when the cloud dark.

TYPES OF FEED

• LEAVES: Pawpaw, cocoa yam, cassava variety of low cyanide cabbage lettuce, okra, eggplant and cowpea.
• FRUITS: Pawpaw, mango, banana, plantain, eggplant, avocado pear, oil palm, tomatoes, cucumber, sweet orange, guava, pineapple, coconut, breadfruit, cashew and melon.
• TUBERS: cooked cocoa yam, cassava and white yam, raw or cooked sweet potato.
• FLOWERS: Pawpaw, sunflower, milk bush
• GRAINS: ground maize, guinea corn, cereal
• INDUSTRIAL OFFSHOOTS: Wheat waste, rice, spent grains, maize, maize chaff, soya bean residue
• HOUSEHOLD WASTES: peels of banana, plantain, pawpaw, pineapple, cassava and rice, cowpea bran, beans such wastes should not have salt (sodium chloride) which is inimical to the life of the snails.
• DRY COW DUNNING AND POULTRY DROPPINGS
• CONCENTRATE: Compounded ration can be fed to snails. A ratio with the following nutrient composition will be sufficient:
» Carbohydrate 47%
» Protein 41%
» Fats 11%
» Mineral (calcium)0.6%
» Vitamins 0.4%

• MINERAL SUPPLICATION: For full growth and eggs production snails require a lot of calcium which should be provided in form of calcium carbonate powder, ground oyster shell, burnt and ground snail shell, poultry egg shell or bone meal. Our calcium supplement can take care of this aspect.
• WATER: Clean water provided in shallow containers should be made available to snails at all times. Rain, well or river water is better. Avoid the use of chlorinated water (tap water) or water with insecticides, herbicides or fungicides. The soil environment should be kept moist always.

SNAIL FEED

* Formulated with natural ingredients.
* Promotes optimum growth and development.
* Free from any chemical additives.

This is just the feed, you need for your snails.

Available for both whole sale and retail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ar4zC2inQQ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 5:18am On Jan 11, 2016
SNAIL FEED

* Formulated with natural ingredients.
* Promotes optimum growth and development.
* Free from any chemical additives.

This is just the feed, you need for your snails.

Available for both whole sale and retail.

We can also guild you on how to build a secured pen for your snails, anywhere in the world.

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 5:26am On Jan 11, 2016
We also deliver africa giiant snails to your door step, anywhere in the world.

1 Share

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by ademobi: 8:29am On Jan 11, 2016
Where is your farm located.? I want to start my snail rearing very soon and I want to start with at least 100 mature snails.
08033266254. ademobi@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 10:56am On Jan 11, 2016
In this age, distance is never a barrier. We are in Edo State. But, we can travel down to your home if you want it so. We can also give you online guild at your convenience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by jjbest123(m): 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2016
Add me on whatsapp 08102383713
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by millhouse: 1:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
dw
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by row2ray(m): 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
@vikaydevato.. where in Edo state is your farm and how much can 1 get the mature snails to start up..
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
Call my number , let's talk.

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2016
CAUSES OF MORTALITY IN SNAILS:
Snails have many enemies. These include termites, soldier ants, frogs, toads, rats, snail eating birds, lizards, and larvae of some beetles. Common salt is also poisonous to snails. Over crowding is a serious cause of mortality in snail pens. When too many snails are crowded in a pen, they produce undesirable secretion which is observed to reduce their productivity. To remedy these;
*Examine the pen fence regularly and mend any openings.
*Use materials that keep out pests from your fence.
*Maintain the right stocking density in you pen.
*Keep away poisonous chemicals like common salt.

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by gemale(m): 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
Like hw much does 1 need as capital 2 start up & hw does 1 find d market 4 1s product?
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by hadaydhollarpo(m): 12:05am On Jan 18, 2016
what's ur Whatsapp number? I av alot of Q to ask u
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by hadaydhollarpo(m): 12:05am On Jan 18, 2016
I will like to ask u sm questions. i am much interested. pls connect me on whatsapp 07038896020.

1 Like

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by luvluvluv: 7:21am On Jan 20, 2016
I'm interested but I don't have any land....am in benin
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 10:43am On Jan 20, 2016
There are different types of pens for snails. You build according to the available space and finance, provided it can protect your snails from their enemies.

1 Like

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by mrsage(m): 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
Okay
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 5:46am On Jan 23, 2016
Let us help you grow your snails with our healthy calcium supplement.
Factors that influence the growth of snails
Many factors greatly influence reproduction and the growth of snails:
*Amount of calcium available
* Population density
* Food
* Temperature and moisture
* Breeding technology.
* Stress
Snails suffer stress as they are sensitive to noise and vibration, unhygienic and overcrowded conditions, irregular feeding and human handling.

1 Share

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by miqos02(m): 6:52am On Jan 23, 2016
vikacydevato:
Let us help you grow your snails with our healthy calcium supplement.
how much is the snail calcium supp? how can I get it in lagos?
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by Patook1: 12:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pls add me to the WhatsApp group 08184882081
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
We waybill them to anywhere in the country.
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 3:40am On Jan 30, 2016
Here are some reason why you must start this business immediately :
A. Snail farming in many part of the world is a virgin business  as a result the earlier investors without doubt have bright prospects in exploring this venture

B. You can start this venture in your small garden

C. Snail farming requires very little capital investment, while you can make million out of it within 2 years. 

D. It has lower risk compared to other livestock farming. Because snail rarely fall sick 

E. The demand for snail is higher than the supplies as such the market potential of snail is inexhaustible, locally and internationally.

F. Virtually every part of snail is of vital use in Food, Pharmaceutical industry, manufacturing and fishing industries.

G. Snail is an export commodity, which has value next to gold in overseas countries. It is a foreign exchange income earner of our days. Our climate is one of the best in snail breeding.

H. Snail farming requires small capital and the running cost is very low, hence their feeds are locally sourced.

I. Snail business indeed is a GEM in the livestock business. Therefore take advantage of the opportunity of being among the forerunners in this unbeatable venture.

J. You can conveniently earn income a thousand fold higher than your present earning. You can keep your present job and do this on part time, since it doesn't require much time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 4:14am On Jan 30, 2016
A Little About The Reproduction In Snail.

Edible land snails though hermaphrodite, reproduce by fertilization of the ova when two snails mate and exchange their sperms reciprocally. In about two weeks after fertilization, the eggs are laid at night in holes dug 5-15cm deep in the soil, well arranged and covered with soil with adequate moisture, temperature and aeration. Eggs hatch where they are laid. The hatchings should be allowed to remain in the soil for 3-5 days and should feed on their eggs shell before they come out of the soil. You can then place them in separate housing unit.

Eggs may be incubated in a hatchery. This may be wooden or metallic box or plastic container. The base of the box or container should be perforated before putting humus or loamy soil in it. The lid of the box or container should be of mosquito netting. The collected eggs should be placed in holes dug 3-5cm deep and lightly covered with soil. The eggs should be watered every other day until they hatch.

# The hatching feed mainly on leaves for the first three months.

Here’s a quick brief run-down for snail reproduction

• Courtship
• Mating: it takes 3 to 15 hours for mating to complete
• Egg transfer
• Incubation
• Juvenile transfer
• Grow out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by sean05(m): 1:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
vikacydevato:
A Little About The Reproduction In Snail.

Edible land snails though hermaphrodite, reproduce by fertilization of the ova when two snails mate and exchange their sperms reciprocally. In about two weeks after fertilization, the eggs are laid at night in holes dug 5-15cm deep in the soil, well arranged and covered with soil with adequate moisture, temperature and aeration. Eggs hatch where they are laid. The hatchings should be allowed to remain in the soil for 3-5 days and should feed on their eggs shell before they come out of the soil. You can then place them in separate housing unit.

Eggs may be incubated in a hatchery. This may be wooden or metallic box or plastic container. The base of the box or container should be perforated before putting humus or loamy soil in it. The lid of the box or container should be of mosquito netting. The collected eggs should be placed in holes dug 3-5cm deep and lightly covered with soil. The eggs should be watered every other day until they hatch.

# The hatching feed mainly on leaves for the first three months.

Here’s a quick brief run-down for snail reproduction

• Courtship
• Mating: it takes 3 to 15 hours for mating to complete
• Egg transfer
• Incubation
• Juvenile transfer
• Grow out

Thanks for highly informative write-ups. I would like to know if I am starting a snail farm in my backyard, what quantity and size (small or big)would you advice me to start with? If I am getting from you, what is your price range?
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by dagok(f): 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
Thanks OP.... please can i raise Snail in a House because I don't have any available space but I have EMPTY ROOM.... please it is urgent
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2016
dagok:
Thanks OP.... please can i raise Snail in a House because I don't have any available space but I have EMPTY ROOM.... please it is urgent
Yes, provided you monitor the temperature of the room. And also put up measures to prevent ants from entering the room.
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by dagok(f): 9:01am On Feb 07, 2016
vikacydevato:
Yes, provided you monitor the temperature of the room. And also put up measures to prevent ants from entering the room.
.... Where and How can I get Point of Lay Snail... Am in Ogbomoso, OYO STATE... Urgently needed 08132355293
Re: Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! by vikacydevato(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
hadaydhollarpo:
what's ur Whatsapp number? I av alot of Q to ask u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Tuta Absoluta(tomatoe Ebola) In My Farm / Ibom Coconut Refinery Taking Shape… Photos / Which Is Profitable Between Poultry And Piggery Farming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.