Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

A Nairalander's Oscar Awards - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Nairalander's Oscar Awards (2284 Views)

Oscar Nominations 2017:the Full List... / Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins An Oscar / Will Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Get His First Oscar Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 8:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
The 88th Academy Awards(commonly referred to as Oscars) ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences(AMPAS), will honor the best films of 2015 and will take place on February 28, 2016, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California.

Ehen. My people....that na hollywood their own. Let me do mine. Remember we're referring to movies of last year oh, 2015!!! Mind you most of the categories are made up. Only a few are official. So umm...*stage fright*....

1. Overall Movie of The Year - Fast and Furious 7 (I mean...obviously) undecided

2. Animation of the Year - Minions (buchu goo boo yah ba chukwa. tongue Yes, I speak Minion)

3. Favorite Actor(Action) - Leonardo Di Caprio in The Revenant (If he doesn't win an Oscar this year then I know that thing is run by INEC) angry

4. Favorite Actress (Action) - Charlize Theron in Mad Max: Fury Road (It's not everyday you see a woman driving a trailer deep in the Australian desert one handed) kiss

5. Favorite Actor (Comedy) - Will Ferrell (If you can look at this guy's face for 30 seconds and still maintain your composure then your soul is dark) grin

6. Favorite Actress (Comedy) - Melissa McCarthy in Spy (I know Spy isn't purely comedy but I doubt there's a funnier actress than this woman.) cheesy

7. Favorite Comedy - Ted 2 (Lol...Mark Wehlberg and that Teddy...epic collabo) grin

8. Favorite Action Comedy - Spy (Who knew Jason Statham could be so damn hilarious) shocked

9. Favorite Action Movie - Kinsman: Secret Service (I've played this movie like 36 times) wink

10. WTF Movie (Positive) - The Revenant (First he survives a bear attack...then he removes the internal organs of a horse and sleeps inside. Who does that? Well...Di Caprio does) shocked

11. WTF Movie (Negative) - Fantastic Four (Abeg what were they doing in that film biko nu? Nollywood-esque effects)

12. Dopest Movie Scene - From Kinsman. Meeeeehn. Remember that scene in the church were Colin Firth went on a mad rampage and killed like 600 people! Ok...not 600 sha. But people die. The full bloody church! And not normal death oh. I mean an ax-handle-in-between-your-eyes kind of death. shocked

11. Best Effects - Jurassic World (How are those Dinosaurs NOT real? Bro! I could almost touch those animals) cool

12. Best Movie Song - See You Again (Unopposed. Is it Khalifa's Rap? Abi Charlie Puth's chorus? 100%) undecided

13. The Street's Movie - Straight Outta Compton (Those niqqas really had attitude) tongue

14. Most Underwhelming Movie - Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Part 2 (There was only one scene of action. I repeat: one scene!)

15. Best Plot Twist - The Loft (5 messed up friends jonsing each other. But no one saw that twist at the end coming. Scoffield na bad guy since tay tay sha.) grin

16. Black Movie of The Year - Beasts of No Nation grin

17. Notable Mentions: Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Avengers, The Man from U.N.C.L.E, Spectre, MI: Rogue Nation, The Wedding Ringer, Focus, Hotel Transylvania, South Paw, The Last Witch Hunter tongue grin cheesy

18. Feel free to add yours sad

NB: I'm a VP (virgin poster). Ignore my obvious amateurish approach. cry

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by adeniyi3971(m): 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
undecidedhehehehehe grin
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by eleko1: 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
cool.Naija dey make us proud. Can't remember the last time I watch Naija nollywood sad.dey type wey u go disappearcom land on top of mango tree embarassed sad /where Dem go use stick break 1952 bettle windscreen sad
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Dinocarex(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
Outta the whole movie listed..
I have only seen four
I need to upgrade my movie life.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by toluxe0075: 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
My animation of the year : inside out, Mehn, oyinbo people dey think when it comes to writing stories. I won't say more than that. Op if you are yet to see that animation pls do, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I agree with you on 4,7,9,10and11

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by UjSizzle(f): 7:48am On Jan 12, 2016
Virgin poster eh? Welcome to NL smiley

I like your list. Haven't seen a few movies there though.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 12, 2016
Categories up for grabs:

*BEST PICTURE
*BEST DIRECTOR
*BEST ACTOR
*BEST ACTRESS
*BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
*BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
*BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
*BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
*BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
*BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
*BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
*BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
*BEST FILM EDITING
*BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
*BEST COSTUME DESIGN
*BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
*BEST ORIGINAL SONG
*BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
*BEST MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING
*BEST SOUND MIXING
*BEST SOUND EDITING
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 12, 2016
My predictions

- Best Picture: The Revenant
- Best Director: Alejandro G. Inarritu (The Revenant)
- Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio (The Revenant)
- Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence (Joy)
- Best Supporting Actor: Tom Hardy (The Revenant)
- Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Jason Leigh (The Hateful Eight)
- Best Original Screenplay: The Martian
- Best Adapted Screenplay: In The Heart Of The Sea
- Best Cinematography: The Hateful Eight
- Best Visual Effect: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Best Animated Feature: Inside Out
- Best Original Score: The Revenant
- Best Original Song: Spectre
- Best Makeup & Hairstyling: Mad Max: Road Fury

Watch This Space!!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:37am On Jan 12, 2016
Has anyone seen The Hateful Eight here. I think you'll need to include it in your list. It's worth a watch.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
Best Original Song - See you again (Fast & Furious)

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:
Best Original Song - See you again (Fast & Furious)
It's a hard one dear. Spectre's "writings on the wall" is a good contender for that award too.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

It's a hard one dear. Spectre's "writings on the wall" is a good contender for that award too.
I know right. But Sam Smith already clinched the Golden Globe jor. I want Wiz and Charlie to win something for that song. It's an amazing song. Everyone who has lost someone can connect with it.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 2:17am On Jan 13, 2016
hehe.... OP, ur list is full of sh*t grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:00am On Jan 13, 2016
toluxe0075:
My animation of the year : inside out, Mehn, oyinbo people dey think when it comes to writing stories. I won't say more than that. Op if you are yet to see that animation pls do, I'm sure you won't be disappointment.

I agree with you on 4,7,9,10and11
Bro, I just saw Inside Out today. If it doesn't win Oscar for best animated feature then I'll know the Oscar is just a sham. Those screenwriters dey think o. And thanks for the recommendation.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 13, 2016
Very nice list, I must say. smiley

I just remembered the action scene between Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron in "Mad Max", as well as the knockout punch of Billy Hope on Miguel Escobar in "Southpaw" ... Those action scenes were craaay! shocked
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by prof800(m): 4:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
koice:
My predictions
- Best Picture: The Revenant - Best Director: Alejandro G. Inarritu (The Revenant) - Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio (The Revenant) - Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence (Joy) - Best Supporting Actor: Tom Hardy (The Revenant) - Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Jason Leigh (The Hateful Eight) - Best Original Screenplay: The Martian - Best Adapted Screenplay: In The Heart Of The Sea - Best Cinematography: The Hateful Eight - Best Visual Effect: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Best Animated Feature: Inside Out - Best Original Score: The Revenant - Best Original Song: Spectre - Best Makeup & Hairstyling: Mad Max: Road Fury
Watch This Space!!
you are there.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 6:32am On Jan 15, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

After all the awards Sam Smith packed last year. To be honest Writings on The Wall was too good. I juat want See You Again to win...if for nothing else at least in honor of Paul Walker.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 6:34am On Jan 15, 2016
shockwave91:
hehe.... OP, ur list is full of sh*t grin grin

Why do I feel you've not seen up to two movies on that list? undecided
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:

Why do I feel you've not seen up to two movies on that list? undecided

u know what, my bad homie, my bad. *prostrates* Egbon i apologise abeg. It's ur own awards not ur Oscar predictions. That's what i thought it was. Sorry. Once again, my bad.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Favolly(f): 11:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
koice:
My predictions

- Best Picture: The Revenant
- Best Director: Alejandro G. Inarritu (The Revenant)
- Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio (The Revenant)
- Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence (Joy)
- Best Supporting Actor: Tom Hardy (The Revenant)
- Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Jason Leigh (The Hateful Eight)
- Best Original Screenplay: The Martian
- Best Adapted Screenplay: In The Heart Of The Sea
- Best Cinematography: The Hateful Eight
- Best Visual Effect: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Best Animated Feature: Inside Out
- Best Original Score: The Revenant
- Best Original Song: Spectre
- Best Makeup & Hairstyling: Mad Max: Road Fury

Watch This Space!!
You tried grin

But I'm still wondering how the hell Jennifer Lawrence got nominated for that plain Jane Joy movie undecided

Anyway, who watches the boring Oscars? They nominate movies that will cure insomnia and you wonder what the criteria for winning an oscar is undecided
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 16, 2016
Favolly:

You tried grin

But I'm still wondering how the hell Jennifer Lawrence got nominated for that plain Jane Joy movie undecided

Anyway, who watches the boring Oscars? They nominate movies that will cure insomnia and you wonder what the criteria for winning an oscar is undecided

That's the supremo of movie awards oh! Everyone is interested, believe me.

The "Joy" movie was a biopic, and historically speaking, biopic actors tend to do rather well at Oscar events, hence, Jennifer Lawrence is a very strong candidate for the best actress prize.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Favolly(f): 10:00am On Jan 16, 2016
koice:

That's the supremo of movie awards oh! Everyone is interested, believe me.

The "Joy" movie was a biopic, and historically speaking, biopic actors tend to do rather well at Oscar events, hence, Jennifer Lawrence is a very strong candidate for the best actress prize.
Yea, it may be the 'supremo' but I don't care much for it.

And as for Jennifer Lawrence.... The way they keep nominating her for every role she acts in is starting to seem like brown-nosing on the Academy's part. In fact, I don't think Joy was a particularly memorable movie, neither was her acting in it. She didn't even bother sounding Italian...

And then what's their deal with Leonardo DiCaprio? Dude is long overdue for an Oscar. But he'll probably lose again to Eddie Redmayne.

*sighs
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Favolly:

Yea, it may be the 'supremo' but I don't care much for it.

And as for Jennifer Lawrence.... The way they keep nominating her for every role she acts in is starting to seem like brown-nosing on the Academy's part. In fact, I don't think Joy was a particularly memorable movie, neither was her acting in it. She didn't even bother sounding Italian...

And then what's their deal with Leonardo DiCaprio? Dude is long overdue for an Oscar. But he'll probably lose again to Eddie Redmayne.

*sighs

Well, Jennifer Lawrence is the present-day American Sweetheart. A prestigious status previously occupied by Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullocks & Angelina Jolie respectively. Routinely getting nominated for oscars and every other major awards out there - no matter how dull and ordinary her performance would seem - comes with the territory.

DiCaprio is getting an Oscars for sure, If there is one category that's a lock and a mere formality, it's "the best actor" category. Eddie who??

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Favolly(f): 8:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
koice:

Well, Jennifer Lawrence is the present-day American Sweetheart. A prestigious status previously occupied by Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullocks & Angelina Jolie respectively. Routinely getting nominated for oscars and every other major awards out there - no matter how dull and ordinary her performance would seem - comes with the territory.

DiCaprio is getting an Oscars for sure, If there is one category that's a lock and a mere formality, it's "the best actor" category. Eddie who??
I wouldn't be too sure about DiCaprio winning. There's an on-going rumour that he might have dallied with a wife or partner of some high-ranking Academy exec and they've put a black cross against his name ever since... It's just heresies sha. But with the way he gets
regularly snubbed, I wouldn’t be too surprised...

Lol! Eddie Redmayne (Steve Hawkins) of The theory of everything? I'm sure you know him. I thought his performance in The Danish girl was also brilliant. The movie deals with LGBT issues and seeing as the Oscars has a knack for rewarding sentimental movies, Eddie just might take home another award this year.

We'll just wait and see sha...
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 17, 2016
Favolly:

I wouldn't be too sure about DiCaprio winning. There's an on-going rumour that he might have dallied with a wife or partner of some high-ranking Academy exec and they've put a black cross against his name ever since... It's just heresies sha. But with the way he gets

Lol! Eddie Redmayne (Steve Hawkins) of The theory of everything? I'm sure you know him. I thought his performance in The Danish girl was also brilliant. The movie deals with LGBT issues and seeing as the Oscars has a knack for rewarding sentimental movies, Eddie just might take home another award this year.

'Course I know him, I just don't see him as one of the top contenders is all. If there is one guy that may - a big MAY mind you - just nick it from under DiCaprio, it's the one and only Jason Bourne (Matt Damon). His performance in "The Martian" is simply fantastic to say the least. I applaud.

But, like you said yourself, we just gonna have to wait and see. My money is on DiCaprio tho. wink

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Favolly(f): 11:32am On Jan 17, 2016
koice:

My money is on DiCaprio tho. wink
Quoted for future reference wink

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 9:14am On Jan 19, 2016
Favolly:

Redmayne won last year. Abi Oscars want to do back to back? Jennifer Lawrence is just worshipped for reasons I still don't get. The Best Actor is Di Caprio's.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 9:17am On Jan 19, 2016
koice:

'Course I know him, I just don't see him as one of the top contenders is all. If there is one guy that may - a big MAY mind you - just nick it from under DiCaprio, it's the one and only Jason Bourne (Matt Damon). His performance in "The Martian" is simply fantastic to say the least. I applaud.

But, like you said yourself, we just gonna have to wait and see. My money is on DiCaprio tho. wink

That movie killed me (The Martian). Damon was flawless.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 19, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:

That movie killed me (The Martian). Damon was flawless.

He really tried. He's the only guy I see as a serious threat to Dicaprio's triumph.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by csamii: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
koice:

He really tried. He's the only guy I see as a serious threat to Dicaprio's triumph.

So you don't see the guy that played the Danish girl role as a threat right? Don't be surprise when he wins.
Re: A Nairalander's Oscar Awards by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
csamii:

So you don't see the guy that played the Danish girl role as a threat right? Don't be surprise when he wins.

When pigs start flying, give me a holla! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Girls Next Door (playboy Mansion) On E! / Carlos Eduardo Back With Luisa Fernando / Who Is Your Best T.V Hero/heroine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.