Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. (9671 Views)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? / Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by toseman(m): 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
Consulting Management Professionals should please help enlighten us all.
We've the PWC advisory,KPMG Advisory,Deloitte consulting,Accenture consulting.
The likes of Mckinsey&co, am not sure of the presence of Bain &co,Booz & co's presence in Nigeria.

Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by toseman(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
They work across different industries ranging from banking,energy,consumer goods ,pharmaceuticals etc.
The jobs involves working on cases and provision of professional advice as regards a new firm's entry into a market,operations strategy,reducing costs,merger and acquisitions,increasing market share and lots of other things.
Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by toseman(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
A regular managment consultant in any of these above listed firms is well paid more than an Auditor& Tax associate,investment banker.
Mckinsey&co salary for new intakes is close to #300,000 monthly...from a very good source.

Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by toseman(m): 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
a management consultant has got some transferable skills which is also needed in the Investment banking industry.
Ranging from data gathering to data analysis and also creating models on these datas. Consultants are experts when it comes to using excel and powerpoint.
one of the major advantage of working with such firm is that you tend to gain exposure to different industries and business problems and also providing real time solutions.
The former managing director of Jovago Nigeria(a subsidiary of Jumia), Marek Zmyslowski was once a management consultant with Mckinsey & co,this show how important experiences one can garner from being a consultant.
Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by jamanuka: 6:37am On Jan 11, 2016
Fire on brother...this is a career path am very much interested in.

Also I noticed practicing management consultants hardly comment on threads like this.Is it that they are very very busy?

Biko they should come and share insights with aspirants like us

1 Like

Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by happyday: 7:14am On Jan 11, 2016
Toseman, You've started well.
I once had interest in this field, especially the McKinsey path. First, there's a reason why they are paid that much (your ballpark figures are right). . . the process is fiercely competitive. Abroad, the application process no be here, but a little bit friendly here in their Nigerian office.
You need to be truly exceptional, be top amongst your peers, which would get you a chance to write their PST - a test you can't write without intense prep on accuracy and speed.
Thereafter, you go through series of interviews - behavioural and case interviews.
Behavioural interviews draw on your ability to share past experiences, and how you can bring such expertise to bear.
Case interviews is where the work is at. They give you a client scenario, and ask what would be your advice; which is the kind of work you'll be dealing with as a Consultant.
In all, you need good resources and intense practice all through.
Above all, God's mercy is paramount. Some factors are simply beyond our control; some call it luck or goodwill.
Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by toseman(m): 7:36am On Jan 11, 2016
happyday:
I once had interest in this field, especially the McKinsey path. First, there's a reason why they are paid that much (your ballpark figures are right). . . the process is fiercely competitive. Abroad, the application process no be here, but a little bit friendly here in their Nigerian office.
You need to be truly exceptional, be top amongst your peers, which would get you a chance to write their PST - a test you can't write without intense prep on accuracy and speed.
Thereafter, you go through series of interviews - behavioural and case interviews.
Behavioural interviews draw on your ability to share past experiences, and how you can bring such expertise to bear.
Case interviews is where the work is at. They give you a client scenario, and ask what would be your advice; which is the kind of work you'll be dealing with as a Consultant.
Above all, God's mercy is paramount. Some factors are simply beyond our control; some call it luck or goodwill.

You are very right bro,(Some factors are simply beyond our control; some call it luck or goodwill).
The exposure you get to business problems is one of the major reasons i love this job.
I once applied for Mckinsey's Leadership program like that before going for my NYSC,in all honesty,the process was quite a tough one.
But if given any opportunity with any of these Consulting firms i will so much proove myself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by toseman(m): 7:45am On Jan 11, 2016
I also heard alot about Accenture too.
But it seems Accenture mostly favour candidates with experience in Technology,ICT Consulting in general,than having no experience in this field at all,someone should correct me if am wrong!!!!
I can remember an Inlaw of mine who once worked with KPMG Advisory as a management Consultant for 3year plus,and now works with one of the American O&G Firms here in Naija,earning over #1,500,000 monthly....mehn
Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by jamanuka: 10:18am On Jan 11, 2016
toseman:
I also heard alot about Accenture too.
But it seems Accenture mostly favour candidates with experience in Technology,ICT Consulting in general,than having no experience in this field at all,someone should correct me if am wrong!!!!
I can remember an Inlaw of mine who once worked with KPMG Advisory as a management Consultant for 3year plus,and now works with one of the American O&G Firms here in Naija,earning over #1,500,000 monthly....mehn

His experience as a Management consultant in KPMG helped him get the O&G job?

If yes, What is his current role at the O&G?

1 Like

Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by toseman(m): 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
The experience helped in securing the job and works as a business analyst,not that immediately he left KPMG to join the O&G firm he started earning those millions,NO!!! It was after some years which was over 5 ,and subsequent salary reviews.. No company will be willing to pay you that high with such years of experoience without you spending some years with them first... Hope have answered your question BO$$
Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by jamanuka: 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
I get you Toseman...thanks for the insight
Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by Ezehrobinson(m): 8:59am On May 15, 2017
happyday:

Good morning happyday.

Seems you've got Lotta insight to mck recruitment.
Please I'd appreciate if you can provide insight to stages beyond PST.

thanks
Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by happyday: 3:46am On May 17, 2017
Ezehrobinson:

Good morning happyday.

Seems you've got Lotta insight to mck recruitment.
Please I'd appreciate if you can provide insight to stages beyond PST.

thanks

If you've proceeded beyond the PST, that's good. In most McKinsey offices, you'll have two interviews (first round) - each interview half case and half behavioral fit. Then, you'll have the second and final 2-4 interviews with partners in the local office where you applied to. Prepare very well for the cases, find case buddies to prep with (use PrepLounge.com), and brainstorm on some outstanding achievements for your behavioral fit interviews.

All the best!
Re: Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. by Ezehrobinson(m): 6:32pm On May 17, 2017
happyday:

If you've proceeded beyond the PST, that's good. In most McKinsey offices, you'll have two interviews (first round) - each interview half case and half behavioral fit. Then, you'll have the second and final 2-4 interviews with partners in the local office where you applied to. Prepare very well for the cases, find case buddies to prep with (use PrepLounge.com), and brainstorm on some outstanding achievements for your behavioral fit interviews.

All the best!

Lotta thanks boss

(1) (Reply)

Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA / Hse Certificate / Daily Motivational Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.