Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

The Shannara Chronicles - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Shannara Chronicles (4139 Views)

The Shannara Chronicles Canceled By Spike TV / Download All Of The Shannara Chronicles / The Shannara Chronicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shannara Chronicles by armadeo(m): 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
I think i read here on Nairaland on the shannara chronicles concerning this book, i downloaded it and the volume was just too much for me to handle based on stuff on my waiting list. late last year i stumbled on a youtube video of the chronicles in the making for MTV. boy was i hyped as i had only read one book out of the entire series,

shannara chronicles debut some days back with 4 episodes currently our. ( ep 4 is on my IDM as i type). i think it suits my taste if you look beyond the usual teenage attitude of the dude who is to save the world.

what i admire about this series it the fact that it involves magic not in the harry potter sense of wand waving but as magic gives to you it takes from you and you see the actual effort the character puts into making the magic happen.

i thought that i wouldnt follow any new tv series with the volume i have to follow now but this one rides up my list.. I love it.

i think you would too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGSD5czBik
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by armadeo(m): 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
Episode 4 loading
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by armadeo(m): 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
Heading on for episode 5.

I think am gonna stick to this one. Meanwhile I have dropped

The magicians
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by Timothy3113(m): 1:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
Juzt finish episode 5
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by SirLewis(m): 10:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
Is the cgi special effects good? I wouldn't want to watch a fantasy series with dragons and monsters that look ridiculous.
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by armadeo(m): 12:40am On Feb 02, 2016
SirLewis:
Is the cgi special effects good? I wouldn't want to watch a fantasy series with dragons and monsters that look ridiculous.

The cgi isn't that spectacular. I read some of the books that's why I am interested.
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by Psalmpy(m): 1:03am On Feb 02, 2016
about watching the episode
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by armadeo(m): 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
As I said earlier. The CGI is poor but I like the story line. I started reading the books again because of this series.

Crixus doesn't portray allanon as the books say. Secondly I think they need some more cash thrown into the series. It's a very long one.

The actors are trying but the graphics is unsatisfactory.

I would keep on watching it.

Ps even if heroes reborn continues am out.
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by Ultimatesammie(m): 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
armadeo:
As I said earlier. The CGI is poor but I like the story line. I started reading the books again because of this series.

Crixus doesn't portray allanon as the books say. Secondly I think they need some more cash thrown into the series. It's a very long one.

The actors are trying but the graphics is unsatisfactory.

I would keep on watching it.

Ps even if heroes reborn continues am out.
Dats wat happens wen a series doesnt hv a big budget, dont blame dem though.
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by armadeo(m): 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ultimatesammie:

Dats wat happens wen a series doesnt hv a big budget, dont blame dem though.

I don't blame them. I feel if they manage to keep the ratings going then they'll get a better budget. Its the way things roll.

Enjoying it so far.

Ep 6 was literally a cliffhanger
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by Gmajor(m): 10:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
this series got boring really quickly. the magicians is a better story
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by Ultimatesammie(m): 10:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
Gmajor:
this series got boring really quickly. the magicians is a better story
The magicians aint that intriguing wat direction is it even going.
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by khanivorous(f): 11:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
na wao ooo

they've been churning out some teenage shows: shadow hunters, shannara chronicle, magician, 100 etc
I don tire for shows that put the FATE OF THE WORLD in the hands of teenagers...COMMON!!!

1 Like

Re: The Shannara Chronicles by armadeo(m): 9:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
khanivorous:
na wao ooo

they've been churning out some teenage shows: shadow hunters, shannara chronicle, magician, 100 etc

I don't tire for shows that put the FATE OF THE WORLD in the hands of teenagers...COMMON!!!

i agreee completely.

i am watching shannarra because i am currently reading the books at a slow pace. hence my imterest. i also the mortal city of bones or whatever that book was called and watched the film. that was the end.

the magicians is so dull the actors are actually seen acting i gave up. for me its shannara becos of the books for now
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by missylizzy(f): 7:55am On Mar 05, 2016
Please can you send me a copy of the ebook. Ify_luv6@yahoo.com... Thanks smiley

armadeo:

i agreee completely.

i am watching shannarra because i am currently reading the books at a slow pace. hence my imterest. i also the mortal city of bones or whatever that book was called and watched the film. that was the end.

the magicians is so dull the actors are actually seen acting i gave up. for me its shannara becos of the books for now
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by qloreal: 10:45am On Mar 05, 2016
This sharanna chronicles series is a boring tv show, from poor graphics to average acting skills, weak and unfocused story. I initially followed the series because I'm a huge fan of adventurous and magical shows, even went as far as downloading the books. From the looks of things now I might end up deleting the books without ever having a glance at it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shannara Chronicles by fem2come(m): 2:14am On Mar 06, 2016
Pls, where can I free download the ebook?
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by CassieV(f): 7:17am On Mar 06, 2016
It's taken me weeks to read the first 50 pages of the book, it's boring AF. I'm here to ask, does it get any better or it'll continue with that pace to the end?

Khanivorous, are you watching the 100?
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by armadeo(m): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
CassieV:
It's taken me weeks to read the first 50 pages of the book, it's boring AF. I'm here to ask, does it get any better or it'll continue with that pace to the end?

It's boring. I use it as a sleeping pill.

It works and I love It for that.
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by CassieV(f): 3:36am On Mar 08, 2016
armadeo:

It's boring. I use it as a sleeping pill.

It works and I love It for that.
Lol good to know
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by khanivorous(f): 9:13am On Mar 10, 2016
CassieV:

the 100?! He'll NO!

I don't follow tv shows that elevate feminine superiority( feminazi stuffs) and tv show that tend to leave the fate of humanity/civilization into the hands of teens that can't tell left from right

the 100, shannara chronicles, teen wolf, shadow hunters and 'all their friends'
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by Ultimatesammie(m): 10:44am On Mar 10, 2016
khanivorous:

the 100?! He'll NO!

I don't follow tv shows that elevate feminine superiority( feminazi stuffs) and tv show that tend to leave the fate of humanity/civilization into the hands of teens that can't tell left from right

But some arent technically teens, im pretty sure dey are more dan 19 in d series, some I mean by d way d target audience might be 4 teens.
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by CassieV(f): 6:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
khanivorous:

the 100?! He'll NO!

Oh okay
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by paperlord007(m): 11:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Pls can anyone drop links for downloading the books please thank you in adv
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by armadeo(m): 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2016
paperlord007:
Pls can anyone drop links for downloading the books please thank you in adv

Been long I came here would do so asap.

Meanwhile I am still on the chronicles for sleep.
Currently reading scion of shannara. Book 1 of heritage of shannara.

My grouse is the constant family line thingy. Ohmsford, creel, and the other dude.

Well.it's good for a sedative.
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by dunsin125: 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
ion lyk d magicians nd shadowhunters......jst too dry
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by armadeo(m): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
dunsin125:

They are also based on books. I tried reading the magicians book but almost slit my wrist so I gave up.

Shadow hunters is based on mortal city of bones. Now I also tried reading tht and managed to finish one book and gave up. The movie also fell through the roof I wonder who's bright idea it was to make a series of it.

Watched only 2 episodes and am done. Currently I have downloaded the magicians and watched up to episode 6 keeping the rest for a rainy day.
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by Gmajor(m): 7:30am On Apr 25, 2016
dunsin125:
the magicians is actually intresting. The season finale was epic.
Shadow hunter on the other hand is a pile of dirt
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by Collinz2(m): 2:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
Gmajor:

shadow hunter is not suppose to be called a movie.
Re: The Shannara Chronicles by armadeo(m): 10:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
Gmajor:

I had the feeling that this could just make sense. Hence am currently pending it.

You've given memorable to start it up again.
I actually find it interesting.

(1) (Reply)

Revenge Of Shina Rambo Season 5 - 2017 Latest Nigerian Nollywood Movies / So Wrong, So Wright: “award Winning” Tv Drama / X-men: Last Stand Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.