Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,539 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:33 PM

What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria (1829 Views)

See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans / Step-step Guide On Java, C, Javascript, Php, Python, Ruby, FORTRAN, E.tc. / Why I Love Ruby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria by anone2000: 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
Over the years following the post on jobs for programmers in Nairaland I see things like Php Developers needed, C# MvC Asp but hardly have i come across post like Python Programmers needed and also Ruby programmers. What is the set back with these other programming languages that has made the demand for it to be this low?
Thanks great programmers...
Re: What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
What do you use your python/ruby brain to innovate/invent
Re: What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria by anone2000: 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bro i am just asking to know there is nothing bad having the view of others. I think that is one way i can expand more and even come with new invention as you rightly said.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
the guys here do not want to learn new technologies, php is the things here, but look python and ruby are more robust than php etc. it is most excellent if you do things differently pick one(python(django) or ruby(ruby on rails)) to create some good stuff then watch them follow you.
Re: What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria by bubbleforth: 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
Well, I got a job as a Python programmer last year and the pay is OK considering the fact that the economy is bad. One thing I impressed my interviewers with were my personal projects: they asked for 2 and I had like 6 to show.

In the interview, I spoke with confidence with much demonstration to thrill them. There are Python jobs but companies might not know they need it.

My advice: hone your skills. And when you're done, confidently walk up to would-be employers and show them what you can offer. The vacancies might not be advertised but it's there.

At over ---K per month (6 figure), with flexible work hours and understanding boss, what's more? You can earn even more: packaging is the deal.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria by anone2000: 12:23am On Jan 15, 2016
Thanks to "bubbleforth" and "Ucheernest" I am really inspired by your post...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2016
happy for you bro...
bubbleforth:
Well, I got a job as a Python programmer last year and the pay is a OK considering the fact that the economy is bad. One thing I impressed my interviewers with were my personal projects: they asked for 2 and I had like 6 to show.

In the interview, I spoke with confidence with much demonstration to thrill them. There are Python jobs but companies might not know they need it.

My advice: hone your skills. And when you're done, confidently walk up to would-be employers and show them what you can offer. The vacancies might not be advertised but it's there.

At over ---K per month (6 figure), with flexible work hours and understanding boss, what's more? You can earn even more: packaging is the deal.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria by bubbleforth: 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ucheernest:
happy for you bro...

Thanks bros. It will be everyone's turn by God's grace. Mine didn't come easy either. In this part of the world Python isn't very much known but when they come to the reality of it, we'll be there to help.
Re: What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria by bubbleforth: 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
anone2000:
Thanks to "bubbleforth" and "Ucheernest" I am really inspired by your post...

Don't give up, you'll get there. Rome wasn't built in a day. The journey has not been an easy one but the end justifies the means for us. Keep up the zeal.

There's a Django girls meetup in Lagos in Feb 2016. If you come, then we would talk more. I don't use Django but Flask at work. I play with Django from time to time, as a web framework.
Re: What Is The Place Of Python, Ruby Programmers In Nigeria by Perhaps: 11:46am On Jan 17, 2016
I don't know where you got your statistics from but from the information I have, Python is one of the most requested language for programmers by employers nowadays.
Everything is going down the way of Python.
That's why most developers are even starting to employ the PFOS meaning Pythin first [b]I don't know where you got your statistics from but from the information I have, Python is one of the most requested language for programmers by employers nowadays.
That's why most developers are even starting to employ the PFOS meaning Pythin first [/b]I don't know where you got your statistics from but from the information I have, Python is one of the most requested language for programmers by employers nowadays.
That's why most developers are even starting to employ the PFOS meaning Pythin first

(1) (Reply)

Cool Programming Memes / Nairaland Programming Contest (8-Puzzle) / Vb.net Is Tryin To Frustrate My Programming Desire. Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.