Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa (5360 Views)

Photos: Could This Be The Skeleton Of A Giant? / What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa / Woe! To Nigerian Government. Ghana Is Now The Giant Of Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by babaaleem: 11:47am On Jun 18, 2009
Good question . But why we Nigerians like deceiving our self anyways very few of us .
We all know what it takes to be a giant of a continent .

To my own understanding giant means most powerful, Industrious etc if i'm right.

Interm of Nigeria Military groung forces(Batallion) yes we are, Corruption / fraud yes we are, Land mars/population yes we are but interm of good governance , infrastructural development, freedom of speech , basic ammenities and so on WE ARE FAR FROM BEEN A GIANT.

Thank you
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by adigun101: 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! Except population wise.
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by emiwanlee(m): 3:04am On Oct 22, 2009
In corruption YES grin
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by udezue(m): 3:09am On Oct 22, 2009
More like the MIDGET of Africa.
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by Bennyboy11: 11:29am On Oct 22, 2009
Nigeria has the capability of being the Giants of West Africa. By that I mean Size Population, resources etc
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by WilyWily: 11:32am On Oct 22, 2009
Nigeria is the Giant House of Devil,
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by Goddex: 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
Me thinks South Africa is.
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2011
i think nigeria is the giant of africa
talk about democracy we have it. let me explain before you cut of my head.

At the beginning of 2010, some people wanted to hold the country to ransom.
but when the people spoke up, power was given to the then v. president
that is gov by the people! an important part of the def of democracy
if you talk about freedom of expression, we have had it in this country as well.
still at the beginning of the year 2010, when yar adua was in hospital, so many people came up on air to say alot of things. they even went far to insult others personality but no one was jailed, no one was persecuted, no one was killed. that is freedom of expression! democracy is not only measured by elections

they say our roads are bad but we run 140km per hr on it
yes there are one or two pot holes here and there just like you find on american roads

because of nigeria, the black people are no 3 when it comes to entertainment.

nigeria is the place where you find the highest no of educated black people in the world
literacy stands at over 70% of our population thats acording the us states dept
70% of 150million is over 100million

people talk about sa but we all know that all the things sa has were put there by the whites. the blacks there are still waiting to be economically empowered

the biggest organisations controlled entirely by black people are nigerian owned, be it banks, energy companies etc.

nigerians are more inovative than other africans

all the others you people are hailing if they were better what are they still doing, then, in the league of third world countries

i am beginning to think we nigerians are not been fair to our country.
a country as complex as nigeria couldnt have done better in 50 years

finally, a country is great not if it doesnt have issues but despite the issues,it is still waxing stronger and that is the strength of naija. it is our hallmark
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by chioma53: 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2011
we are the most corrupt in the world, so i think, we are not only giant of africa, but world giant, efulefu.
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2011
Crippled Giant: Nigeria since independence.

^^^

A decent book.
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by ShangoThor(m): 10:21pm On Feb 14, 2011
udezue:

More like the MIDGET of Africa.

Haha, LOL you beat me to it, more like:

2 midgets in a giant suit standing on top of one another. The midget at the top is there for a free ride,

he just wants to eat for free without working for the food.
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by archive(f): 7:22am On Feb 15, 2011
Well actually it's one of the only 3 countries in africa that is on the semi-periphery in terms of development. Which means that it is industrializing to an extent, but still has many characteristics of a developing country. The other countries are still just on the periphery (desperately trying to develop). Check out my blog at www.thenigerianarchive.
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by Jeel: 9:05am On Feb 15, 2011
Very much yes nd always yes.dont mind what u are seeing we are stil d giant oda african nations know dat wel
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 15, 2011
I've been wanting to start a thread as this ever since I saw the South African tourist advert where they made a Nigerian call south Africa the giant of Africa, Somolu. . . she was like 'SA is actually the giant of Africa' who ever did that ad was out to completely discredit nigeria or whatever her name is. At first I tot it was very unpatriotic but on second tot and without sentiment why not? Everything about our country is propaganda. . . its very obnoxious
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by chosen04(f): 11:08am On Feb 15, 2011
Yes . . . . . . . . .niGERia is the giant of failures.
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by aljharem11(m): 11:11am On Feb 15, 2011
chosen04:

Yes . . . . . . . . .niGERia is the giant of failures.

i know this is where we would see you

mumu no. 7
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by chosen04(f): 11:18am On Feb 15, 2011
alj harem1:

i know this is where we would see you

mumu no. 7

Who loosed this EFULEFU Bingo? . . . . . . . .

EFULEFU . . . . . .NO 14.
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by aljharem11(m): 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2011
chosen04:

Who loosed this EFULEFU Bingo? . . . . . . . .

EFULEFU . . . . . .NO 14.

ideeiot

but i will forgive you if you would be my puccy angry
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by chosen04(f): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2011
alj harem1:

ideeiot

but i will forgive you if you would be my puccy angry

ANU-NPAMA you are forgiven!
Re: Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 16, 2011
Yes o!

Now make I go watch the paint dry.

(1) (Reply)

Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted / The Next Generalissimo Of Yorubaland. . . Who Does The Cap Fit? / Is Dr Alex Ekueme The Most Educated Man From The East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.