Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? (22525 Views)

Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / Disobedience Of Court Orders Has Bear It’s First Fruit (tompolo) / What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
[quote author=balladin post=42067922][/quote] You're confused.
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by Vivipop(f): 5:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Quietly reading and learning.
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by xto86(m): 5:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
The voice, I gbadu for you, you too sabi. Buhari is the man Nigeria needs at the moment

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by bizgai(m): 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
agabaI23:

https://www.facebook.com/onyeabo.ifeyinwa/posts/10207733524352584

To my friends, has Buhari changed? Is he now the born again Democrat like he claimed? modath, theVoice, lalasticlala
Ask Fayose
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by danot1030: 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2016
Our judges are corrupt, as far as Nigerians are concern Buhari is on the right course in fighting this corruption, we support him to disregard any court injunction that is not in support of anti-corruption fight. No business as before where a corrupt person will think he can buy justice over, any judges that wants his injunction respect should better qui behind the fight against corruption or just sit down in his house.

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
bizgai:
Ask Fayose
Gemme his number wink
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by sukkot: 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
agabaI23:

Ndi ara means =mad people

But 'ara' means bre.ast. So I chose to translate your stuff as a 'breast people"

So I said : e be like say you know. I dey like bre-ast like flavor. I be bre-ast person...pointed bre-ast
grin grin grin hahaha. nice one bros
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by sukkot: 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Isn't she yoruba ?
nah she delta igbo or something like that.
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
sukkot:
nah she delta igbo or something like that.

oh
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by sinistermind(m): 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Are you confused? It's the Military Government of Lagos State that is being castigated here for not obeying court orders, why rope in Buhari? It's Gbolahan Mudasiru you've problem with, not PMB.

Uh Do you know what is called Judicial Precedence?
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by danot1030: 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
agabaI23:
Please do

http://www.orderpaper.ng/lassa-fever-minister-blames-jonathan-says-vaccine-tested/

This is madness! Propaganda and blame shifting does not execute policies. Under a minister, lassa fever is killing more than Ebola which is more virulent and yet the administration he is blaming contained it and contained ebola in a world class fashion.
Guy don't forget that Fashola actually curtailed ebola the clueless dumb called Jonathan only claimed the glory.

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by eroticecstasy: 6:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Are you confused? It's the Military Government of Lagos State that is being castigated here for not obeying court orders, why rope in Buhari? It's Gbolahan Mudasiru you've problem with, not PMB.

the guy is as confused as his post.

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by danot1030: 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
agabaI23:
One thing I hated so much and i still hate is the use of court injunctions to Arrow justice just like Peter odili. However, what I hate more is ridiculing the court when it suits by refusing to obey court Judgement when it does not suit.

Metuh is remanded in prison custody and DSS/EFCC are happy but if he was granted bail, they would have concocted another useless charge to arrest him and hold him down.

It does not help our Judiciary when they are made to believe they must dance to the tune of the Executive

Buhari is not the problem of our judiciary our judges are, they are corrupt, they sell justice to corrupt politicians so we can't trust them.

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by Bollinger(m): 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
PASCHAL28:
“…Where national security is threatened or there is the real likelihood of it being threatened, human rights or the individual rights of those responsible take second place. Human rights or individual rights must be suspended until the national security can be protected or well taken care of. This is not anything new. The corporate existence of Nigeria as a united, harmonious, indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation is certainly greater than any citizen’s liberty or right.”

I must commend you. What eloquent nonsense you have written. Of all this, i find this quote most intriguing. It is the job of the courts to determine if the security of the country is being threatened. The job of the state is to argue it's point in a court of law so as to prove it's merits. You can't have have it both ways. You can't take an accused to court and then disregard it's judgement by trumping up reasons or your own. Then why take the accused to court in the first place?

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by osusuallstars: 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
now i have seen the reason why babangida overthrew him years back. Babangida was lenient enough to keep him alive because if buhari was Ibb, IBB could have beeeeeeeeeen a dead man siiiiiiiince.
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 6:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
danot1030:
Guy don't forget that Fashola actually curtailed ebola the clueless dumb called Jonathan only claimed the glory.
No you are very wrong.

I am a witness so do not give it all to Fashiola

I wrote this article then but it wasn't published

Professor Chukwu: The Ebola Warrior
I left Portugal at 5:30 am on the 5th of September, 2014 for Nigeria after a 5-day academic congress that started on the last day of August, 2014. It was a long and tiring journey from Guimaraes by train through Porto to Lisbon. From Lisbon which would have been a part of Africa if not for the mistake in continental drift, we flew to Dubai just to get a connecting flight to Nigeria. Chai! daris god o!! It was about 30 hours in all. My companion, Chimamanda Adichie’s ‘Half of a yellow sun’ however made sure I was not bored though I wanted the long and tortuous journey to end. You can imagine my delight when we touched down at Murtala Muhammed Int’l Airport, Lagos. Because I considered catching a flight to Enugu the same day, I was almost running so that I could go through Immigration before anyone, but you know how it is when you fly economy class especially when your number is forty-something K. Before I could get to immigration the lines were already very long. Both lines were equally long; I asked for the queue for Nigerian passport holders and I was told to join anyone. Ordinarily I wouldn’t have asked because the queue for Naija passport holders was always longer than that for aliens. Almost immediately the usual corner-cutting which many of us are known for started. I was dismayed because I didn’t see any of that in Dubai. We were all civil and waited patiently for our turns. I wondered why it had to be different in Nigeria. Anyway, that’s by the way. It got to my turn and I was handed a form to fill and submit. I was taken aback because this was not normal. I filled it quickly anyway and handed it back but it was returned to me as quickly as I handed it in with the instruction to provide every information requested; some of which I had neglected. For instance, I actually didn’t think it was necessary to fill my seat number, phone number and vessel number. What for? Wetin dem wan carry am do?
When one of the friendly stewards asked me to supply every information requested, the bell rang and I realized I was yet to get to the normal immigration as we know it, rather I was at the Ebola roadblock and Kenneth smiled. I smiled very broadly, my heart was gladdened and my big head swelled with pride. I had reasons for being proud of Nigeria and Nigerians but this singular episode justified my faith in the Nigeria project. The trepidation I had going into Lagos, the epicentre of Ebola earthquake dissipated into mere cautiousness. I have always believed we could get it right if the right people are around the right places. I relaxed and supplied all the necessary information requested for in the form. Yes, it was an Ebola checkpoint meant for detection and contact tracing. Was the checkpoint effective? You answer that….After that, I posed happily for the gun shaped infra red thermometer which certified me Ebola free. A week earlier, I wasn’t that confident posing for the thermometer because I was sneezing, coughing, with a discomforting sore throat and running nose. Thank God the IR thermometer lost his eyes otherwise it would have asked them to quarantine me based on visual observation.
And I remembered Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu my former Chief executive, the Honourable minister for health and I smiled again.
I wanted to send him a text message immediately and realized my battery was flat. I did that later while I resolved to do a piece on my experience. I am not a regular writer as you can see but I had wondered if the media do not observe some of these positive developments or should we because negative news sells, sacrifice our collective image on the altar of avarice. A commentator on a nairaland.com topic ‘How the world media is celebrating Nigeria’s Ebola victory…’ had this to say: “Wow…This is one out of the many good news that source from our dear nation Nigeria. It only depends on which our media gladiators choose to promote” and I totally agree with him. One of the reasons why I was pushed to do this piece is to tell those who believe we can get it right like me that we are already getting it right but the media, both foreign and surprisingly our local media have decided to ignore that side of the coin. I want to join those who strive to highlight our positive strides at the expense of the negativities, which I do not think help our image as a country and as individuals. I had an opportunity to interact with the BBC board as a foreign student and I gave them a piece of my mind on their predominantly negative reportage on Nigeria and I was told it had to do with what sells. Should we also join them to malign this country we all enjoy because we want the coins to roll in? Remember it is our country and not theirs.
A second reason for writing this piece is also to give honour to whom honour is due. On the 1st of October, 2014, a governor who I respect a lot doled out the names of the heroes of Ebola telling everyone who wants to hear that nobody in the PDP led government should be given the credit for containing Ebola. By so doing, he excluded our able Professor Chukwu and President Goodluck who is at the helm of affairs from his list of heroes and I thought to myself, why is it that politician tell half truths? Should we play politics with every issue? I wonder what would have been his position if the honourable minister for health was of the APC extraction.
After seeing what I saw at the airport, without taking any credits away from the physicians, other health workers who managed the patients and contact tracers, I want to say Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu and by extension the President above anybody is an undisputable hero of the Ebola warfare. Can anyone imagine the number of health tourists who would have besieged Lagos and other parts of the country if the Ebola road blocks at the ports of entry were not mounted? Sawyer’s wife said that her husband deliberately came to Nigeria because he trusted the capacity of the Nigeria’s health system. Can you imagine how many Sawyers there are out there who would have taken their chances? A single Patrick Sawyer led to this level of pandemic, assuming we had up to ten Sawyers, the outbreak would have been of an epic proportion. Professor Chukwu did not only mount the road block, he also publicised the road block during his almost daily updates so that visitors with similar intent were scared away, a strategy used to scare away intending thieves in the UK stores by informing them that there are CCTVs everywhere in the store. I expected Governor Fashiola to have acknowledged him and the commander-in-Chief accordingly but he did not and I do not blame him. Why? Because general election is a few months away and a typical APC member would not acknowledge anything good from Nazareth Even if Fashiola had wanted to, the shadows behind him would not let that happen, as such action would have given some credit to President Goodluck, a man they want to paint black and burn at the slightest chance.
Prof Chukwu has performed magnificently well such that even the US that refused us the experimental drug after they exported Ebola to Nigeria (Sawyer was an American) is coming to us to be trained in contemporary Ebola warfare strategy. Foreign media are awash with the story of how well Nigeria has tackled the scourge under his watch. I think our local media should not be left out. You have done well sir! You are known for employing methodical approach that stands you out as an orthorpeadic surgeon of repute to solving problems and this has always worked out.
Along with Professor Chukwu, I salute the fallen and living heroes of First Consultant Hospital whose quick thinking and action led to the timely intervention that rid this country of Ebola. I salute everyone who worked for the containment of the deadly scourge including Gov Fashiola who as the Chief Executive of the epicentre supervised the rescue operation. God bless Nigeria
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by Edron1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
its really funny how people come here to tell us about "rule of "law" forgetting,that the so called law has protected the rich too much for so long, and have punished the poor. they come here to act like the money been stolen is given to them and their communities, but in the real sense they so called corrupt rich do not care for the poor us,our future and walfare. we stand to say"its enough" and nobody is above the law henceforth. let's give PMB the support he needs and stop wailing. only someone who losts a dear one due to security issue of the NE can understand the pain..

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by Edron1(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
its really funny how people come here to tell us about "rule of "law" forgetting,that the so called law has protected the rich too much for so long, and have punished the poor. they come here to act like the money been stolen is given to them and their communities, but in the real sense, the so called corrupt rich do not care for the poor ,our future and walfare. we stand to say"its enough" and nobody is above the law henceforth. let's give PMB the support he needs and stop wailing. only someone who losts a dear one due to the security issue of the NE can understand the pain..
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by 2undeee(m): 7:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
Check ur fact well oh my friend
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
theV0ice:

You're the one who should remain neutral on the issue my friend. Even as corrupt as OBJ is, I wouldn't expect a former president like him to stoop low and collect backyard money like that.

Haba.....will GEJ at his level also accept money like that? So what was the money for? To pacify Buhari for arresting him in 1985? Or to help him defeat gej? Or just dash to an hungry senior?

Even the small officials my bank used to give 'specialized marketing' didn't collect the bribe like that

grin grin you're really making effort...

Will Buhari stop being a dictator to you if Kanu gets freed soon?

I mentioned APC heavy Senate loss in kogi, what would u say to that? Do you know APC also lost 7 assembly seats in Ogun state? Are they also SS?

My dear, you're still in the realm of speculation. Its your word against Buhari's

Diezani was a tougher president than GEJ. Even PEJ would get that bill passed.....but GEJ, not in a million years.

I'm not sure you're correct in your assertions that PMB reversed the auto policy...see below

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/187744-nigeria-grants-12-new-auto-assembly-plant-licences.html

Serious businessmen and investors are still trooping in.

Good. Jonathan came in during oil gloom you said and Nigeria got lucky to see oil rise under him to $145/barrel. This is in addition to $20B ECA, almost zero debt and $47B foreign reserves bequeathed him by his predecessors you see no reason to blame him for depleting everything he met but you think it OK to blame Buhari who met oil at a very battered price, depleted foreign reserves, empty ECA, high debt etc?

Can you argue with Soludo when he insisted GEJ and NOI pilfering from the ECA is the cardinal reason why they couldn't stand against Amaechi and his gang? wink

You see why Buhari knows no matter what he does, you can never like or appreciate? grin

OK oya take another 5% grin

E remain 5, bring am grin grin

Did GEJ ever do anything about ekitigate? Rather Obanikoro was rewarded for a job weldone.

Was Mbu ever reprimanded for practically taking over governance in rivers state? Rather he was promoted AIG.

]
Whatever happened in Ekiti is a child's play to what has been happening lately. Bayelsa being the most recent. Tell me why I am not seeing the change promised. if what happened in Ekiti was wrong, why use it to justify your actions. You came promising to change the evils of past administration but you are rather trying to out do them. Is that the kind of change sir? remember that students definition of zero budgeting. Can you compare the Presidency budget in 2015 to that of 2016? Even your Soludo said that Buhari just increased the amounts in GEJ's budget...

Again, can you compare Obanikoro of Ekitigate and Amaechi who is a major minister? Or are you gonna use Obanikoro to justify Amaechi's appointment?

GEJ was a dictator at opportune times too my friend despite his weakness and docility. The difference is that Buhari doesn't know know how to be politically correct. See what GEJ's mentor, Lee Kuan Yew, said on that grin

[color=#000099]its more preferable to be correct than to be politically correct[/color
A dictator cannot know how to be correct. He only knows how to please himself by stroking his ego and admiring his actions and integrity. GEJ was no dictator and even if he had the tendencies of a dictator like you said, you were supposed to change things with your change? Why are you justifying your highhandedness with the actions or inaction of an administration you promised to change everything that is related to their way of governance?

For the records, I hate political correctness as much as I hate dictatorship. There is nothing you cannot achieve under the rule of law.
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
theV0ice:

You're the one who should remain neutral on the issue my friend. Even as corrupt as OBJ is, I wouldn't expect a former president like him to stoop low and collect backyard money like that.

Haba.....will GEJ at his level also accept money like that? So what was the money for? To pacify Buhari for arresting him in 1985? Or to help him defeat gej? Or just dash to an hungry senior?

Even the small officials my bank used to give 'specialized marketing' didn't collect the bribe like that

Buhari's money was delivered in his house. Did you hear about the money traced to the account of his PA? You sure won't accept. But if you are so sure he did not collect, can you swear with your two balls?

grin grin you're really making effort...

Will Buhari stop being a dictator to you if Kanu gets freed soon?

I mentioned APC heavy Senate loss in kogi, what would u say to that? Do you know APC also lost 7 assembly seats in Ogun state? Are they also SS?

Buhari wants the oil producing states. i have the document released and everything in that document has played out. I can attach the 20 page document to you. The portion on Bayelsa completely played out. the portion on Rivers and AKS are on course.

Look at what the DSS has been doing to percieved opponents in Abia? Remember laso that Buhari does not care if the person involved is not one of his percieved loyalists. He is a very selfish guy.

Diezani was a tougher president than GEJ. Even PEJ would get that bill passed.....but GEJ, not in a million years.

I'm not sure you're correct in your assertions that PMB reversed the auto policy...see below

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/187744-nigeria-grants-12-new-auto-assembly-plant-licences.html

Serious businessmen and investors are still trooping in.

See this write up
Serious Business men? Sure, serious businessmen are in Syria and Iraq too. But the normal business men that employ the ordinary people are running away. The application for the licences were made last year or even in 2014.

Auto Policy Reversal Ahead?
The federal government may review downward the present import tariff on vehicles, THISDAY investigations revealed recently.
If this becomes the case, it would clearly mean a direct reversal of the auto policy and a possible forfeiture of the economic growth as well as other ancillary social-economic benefits predicted to accompany the policy.

However, the planned review of the tariff regime and by extension the auto policy, is said to be in tandem with the change mantra of the Buhari’s administration.
read the rest http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerian-auto-policy-and-the-lurking-political-threats/224498/ It has been reversed sir.

The major component of the policy and the incentive is increased tariff my friend and you know it.

Good. Jonathan came in during oil gloom you said and Nigeria got lucky to see oil rise under him to $145/barrel. This is in addition to $20B ECA, almost zero debt and $47B foreign reserves bequeathed him by his predecessors you see no reason to blame him for depleting everything he met but you think it OK to blame Buhari who met oil at a very battered price, depleted foreign reserves, empty ECA, high debt etc?

Can you argue with Soludo when he insisted GEJ and NOI pilfering from the ECA is the cardinal reason why they couldn't stand against Amaechi and his gang? wink

You see why Buhari knows no matter what he does, you can never like or appreciate? grin

No oil never rose again to $145/barrel after the 2008 burst do not lie my friend. Oil never got to 120$/barrel
GEj through NOI wanted to save, pegged the budget benchmark low, the lower house controlled by APC jacked it up. Do you remember that the struggle over the benchmark delayed the budget in 2013? Even the senate was higher than NOI benchmark yet was smaller than the high benchmark set by the APC controlled house?
Do you remember that the governors most of whom are APC guys now insisted that the money in excess crude should be shared? Who stole? They threatened to go to court citing the constitution. Come on brooo

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Price-Of-Oil-2015-425x282.png

OK oya take another 5% grin

Did GEJ ever do anything about ekitigate? Rather Obanikoro was rewarded for a job weldone.

Was Mbu ever reprimanded for practically taking over governance in rivers state? Rather he was promoted AIG.

]
Whatever happened in Ekiti is a child's play to what has been happening lately. Bayelsa being the most recent. Tell me why I am not seeing the change promised. if what happened in Ekiti was wrong, why use it to justify your actions. You came promising to change the evils of past administration but you are rather trying to out do them. Is that the kind of change sir? remember that students definition of zero budgeting. Can you compare the Presidency budget in 2015 to that of 2016? Even your Soludo said that Buhari just increased the amounts in GEJ's budget...

Again, can you compare Obanikoro of Ekitigate and Amaechi who is a major minister? Or are you gonna use Obanikoro to justify Amaechi's appointment?

GEJ was a dictator at opportune times too my friend despite his weakness and docility. The difference is that Buhari doesn't know know how to be politically correct. See what GEJ's mentor, Lee Kuan Yew, said on that grin

[color=#000099]its more preferable to be correct than to be politically correct[/color
A dictator cannot know how to be correct. He only knows how to please himself by stroking his ego and admiring his actions and integrity. GEJ was no dictator and even if he had the tendencies of a dictator like you said, you were supposed to change things with your change? Why are you justifying your highhandedness with the actions or inaction of an administration you promised to change everything that is related to their way of governance?

For the records, I hate political correctness as much as I hate dictatorship. There is nothing you cannot achieve under the rule of law.
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by lezz(m): 7:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
agabaI23:

To my friends, has Buhari changed? Is he now the born again Democrat like he claimed? modath, theVoice, lalasticlala
I am afraid he hasn't. Obasanjo was also guilty of flagrant disregard to court rulings. The psyche of Nigeria is still under transformation to grasp the totality of democracy, especially presidents with military background.

2 Likes

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
lezz:
I am afraid he hasn't. Obasanjo was also guilty of flagrant disregard to court rulings. The psyche of Nigeria is still under transformation to grasp the totality of democracy, especially presidents with military background.
Tankio

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by stanech: 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
From the arguement of these apc zombies we are no longer in demoracy. Now this is scary.
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
agabaI23:

Buhari's money was delivered in his house. Did you hear about the money traced to the account of his PA? You sure won't accept. But if you are so sure he did not collect, can you swear with your two balls?

grin grin You were there when they delivered it abi? I heard about the idiocy my friend...I like Buhari won't dignify it with a response. On your challenge, I would have ignored it but for you to throw it, it means e pain you reach ground and you believe it so here goes: I can swear with my 2 balls that he didn't collect cash from Dasuki. Now go ahead and do same if you believe he did cool

Buhari wants the oil producing states. i have the document released and everything in that document has played out. I can attach the 20 page document to you. The portion on Bayelsa completely played out. the portion on Rivers and AKS are on course.

Look at what the DSS has been doing to percieved opponents in Abia? Remember laso that Buhari does not care if the person involved is not one of his percieved loyalists. He is a very selfish guy.

He wants the oil producing States yet Sylva lost? grin grin did he suddenly forget his plans?

He wants the oil producing states yet he didn't move an electoral officer that'll play ball there? I thought you guys say he's a satanic despot? Was the state INEC guy too tough for Buhari to handle? You see now that the author of that comic you're taking as serious as the Bible should be flogged?

What is DSS doing in Abia? Is Otti now in APC? GEJ as weak as he was determined to win ekiti and he did. Now that's a despot if you've never seen one.

So Buhari doesn't care if the person involved is a loyalist? Any real and verifiable examples?

Serious Business men? Sure, serious businessmen are in Syria and Iraq too. But the normal business men that employ the ordinary people are running away. The application for the licences were made last year or even in 2014. 

read the rest http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerian-auto-policy-and-the-lurking-political-threats/224498/ It has been reversed sir.

The major component of the policy and the incentive is increased tariff my friend and you know it.

See the links below. This day didn't hear any govt official say they're reversing auto policy. Thisday is forming an opinion based on their understanding.

http://techpoint.ng/2015/08/21/ford-motor-company-open-assembly-plant-nigeria/

http://pulse.ng/cars/mitsubishi-motors-car-manufacturer-to-open-assembly-plant-in-nigeria-in-2016-id4386057.html

Once again my friend serious business men are trooping in to open auto plants. Leave the suicide bombers opening shop in Syria and Iraq alone....let's talk about the Americans and Asians still minded to do business with us. Tarrif isn't stopping those who have money to invest and on this matter, I'll advise you trust them more than mere journalists wink

No oil never rose again to $145/barrel after the 2008 burst do not lie my friend. Oil never got to 120$/barrel
GEj through NOI wanted to save, pegged the budget benchmark low, the lower house controlled by APC jacked it up. Do you remember that the struggle over the benchmark delayed the budget in 2013? Even the senate was higher than NOI benchmark yet was smaller than the high benchmark set by the APC controlled house?
Do you remember that the governors most of whom are APC guys now insisted that the money in excess crude should be shared? Who stole? They threatened to go to court citing the constitution. Come on brooo

grin grin so how much did GEJ sell oil? How much did yaradua leave in external reserves? How much did he leave in ECA? How much debt did he leave?

Now tell us how much GEJ left in external reserve? How much in ECA? How much debt? My brother, no matter how many straws you cling to, you can't hide GEJ's pedigree as a devourer and waster.

See Prof Soludo take GEJ and NOI to the cleaners on this issue. GEJ and NOI acted like common thieves with the ECA funds....

Soludo accused the coordinating minister of the economy of running the country’s economy aground and blaming the state governors for failure to save for the rainy days whereas the federal government has benefitted more from sharing the Excess Crude Account (ECA) savings.
“I hereby challenge your attempt to blame others for not saving for the rainy day. It is not a virtue when you are quick to appropriate all the credit when things are going well, but shift the blame when they go wrong,” Soludo stated.
“You blame the state governors, who, according to you, have taken the federal government to the Supreme Court – not that a Supreme Court judgement forced your hands. For your information, the governors have never agreed to savings and always threatened court action even under Obasanjo. Why did we save under Obasanjo but not under Jonathan? Two keywords explain it: leadership and integrity.”
According to Soludo, the Governor Chibuike Amaechi-led NGF insisted on sharing the funds because they found out that the federal government was illegally fiddling with the savings.
“So, as Nigerians still wonder, if billions of dollars are now ‘missing’ under your nose, why should governors trust you to keep their money?” said Soludo.
“Do the states that have taken the federal government to the Supreme Court and refused to save also include the PDP governors, who are in the majority? If so, then it is fatal: even governors of your own party, PDP, do not trust you to keep their money! Furthermore, did the governors also stop the federal government from saving part of its share? If you ran a surplus budget at the federal level, you would have had credibility to blame others or to say they did not listen to your advice.”
“The key point is that since you were running huge deficits yourself, it was also in your own interest to share the ECA. You did not show leadership or credibility, full stop.”

http://leadership.ng/news/408685/soludo-fires-okonjoiweala-n30trillion-stolen-watch

Even PDP governors DIDN'T TRUST GEJ SO WHY SHOULD AMAECHI? grin grin

Also it was in GEJ's interest that the funds be shared. He and NOI benefited more from sharing the ECA as it helped them hide the huge deficit they were running despite selling oil at high prices for years. Will u still argue? I'm sure GEJ was happy when Amaechi fell into 'the trap' grin

I no gree cheesy cheesy

Once again, what happened in bayelsa? How come sylva still lost? Did Buhari forget that he was a dictator without regard for human life? Soludo just accused GEJ of running CBN like Idi Amin....

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/196901-jonathan-ran-cbn-like-idi-amin-soludo.html

Now thats a low for anybody....hope you agree with him? grin

I don't remember any report about Amaechi on caught on tape threatening a general to rig election for him o....do you have any?

Buhari isn't given to drama. GEJ is the "pls pity me I'm an orphan" type. He calls for pity but knows how to ask Obanikoro to rig ekiti election. He looks innocent but supported an Mbu to take over rivers state from an elected governor. He believes in the rule of law yet disregarded NJC over the case of Justice Salami? So much for the 'democrat' angry

You should have realised now my friend....every leader is a dictator, even the weak and docile GEJ. Its the degree and how useful they are to society that matters. Even Obama is a 'dictator' now. If you doubt, ask Republicans grin

Hear from the guy GEJ wants to resemble when he grows up....I'm talking of Lee Kwan Yew

"Anybody who decides to take me on needs to put on knuckle-dusters. If you think you can hurt me more than I can hurt you, try. There is no way you can govern a Chinese society.”

“If you are a troublemaker... it’s our job to politically destroy you... Everybody knows that in my bag I have a hatchet, and a very sharp one. You take me on, I take my hatchet, we meet in the cul-de-sac.”

"Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him. Or give it up. This is not a game of cards."

Rule of law as applied to Nigeria punishes the weak and protects the rich and powerful. Even at that. Buhari hasn't broken any law.
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by TruthHurts1(m): 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
agabaI23:

To my friends, is Nigeria any different from what it was in 1984? Is it not even more corrupt now than it was then? So why should Buhari soften his hardline stand against corruption now?
Besides, the case you mentioned was between Ojukwu and the military administrator of lagos state who refused to obey a court order. Buhari was not involved in the case, so why mention his name?

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by AmazonKindle: 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
themilanway:
Dasuki and his ilks can rot in jail for all I care.

Nigeria at the moment needs a TRYANT or DICTATOR like Buhari.

The judiciary is a big joke,its the only reason Metuh,Dokepsi and co are bragging and making mouth.

In a saner clime,they will seriously be reaching out to the president via plea bargain.

Nonsense.

nairaland needs some check machine to access people before opening an account in their name
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by anulaxad(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
agabaI23:
The people you mentioned were outright dictators. Yes We have other dictators who held things down for their country like Ghadaffi until he was deposed.

In those cases, they never claimed to be born again democrats. They told America to shove their democracy into their pieholes.

But here, we are talking about someone who claimed to be a changed person and after he was voted in decided to live out the life of his 1984 administration.

Don't forget that for every dictator that got it right, there at least 20 others that get it wrong. I can count so many for you in Africa before going to Far East. Mugabe easily comes to mind. Burundi is boiling, Congo DR etc.

A lawless society hardly progresses. Do not support illegality get you outa a corner wink

i would love if you changed the phrase in bold, Gadaffi was not a dictator, It would be nice if you done some research on Libyan politics and how the government functioned. He had no official power since 1977. I again urge you to rephrase your statement. Mistakes can be easily forgiveable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Abubakar Bello Travels Abroad — Hours After Abduction Of Schoolchildren / President Buhari Meets Dapo Abiodun Behind Close Doors (Photos) / Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.