Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,795 members, 7,798,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant (10170 Views)

Obiano Packages 10kg Rice As 25 Kg For Civil Servants - Picture / Matthew Iduoriyekemwen Wins Pro-Sheriff Edo PDP Governorship Primary / Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by DONSMITH123(m): 7:30am On Jan 11, 2016
A governorship aspirant on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in this year’s election in Edo State, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, has denied allegations that he shared rice meant for the presidential campaign of former President Goodluck Jonathan in the state as his Christmas gift to Edo people.

In a statement in Benin, yesterday, he said, “For the records, Dr. Jonathan or PDP never brought rice to distribute for the presidential election in Edo State, so it is impossible to comptemplate its being diverted.

“It was Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, TAN, a support group for the then President, that sent some 5kg bags of rice which were given to the party leadership to distribute and were never given to me as state coordinator.

“The rice I shared during the last Christmas was in 50kg, 25kg, 10kg and 2kg bags respectively. The 2kg bags which had the inscription of PDP and operation feed Nigeria was produced by a friend and his phone number is boldly written on the bags. He gave me these bags free of charge to give to as many people as possible as gift during Christmas.

“I stuck my stickers on the bags after bagging them to enable the recipients know where the rice came from and I thank God for all those who supported me to achieve this gesture of love in a state that has been plundered by those who promised to abolish poverty.

“I challenge those who persist in lies and character assassination to call the phone number on the back of the 2kg bags and confirm the producer of these bags. Common sense which is lacking in the life of political thieves could have revealed that rice stored for over a year would be prey to weevils and clearly not suitable for human consumption.”

He accused those he called political hirelings of attempting to cast aspersions on the integrity of his person by falsely accusing him of diverting rice meant for the presidential campaign of Dr. Jonathan and distributing same as his own Christmas gift to Edo people.

“This baseless allegation, which is absurd, was quickly refuted by the leadership of PDP in Edo State as untrue. That emphatic statement ought to have cleared the matter but clueless detractors desperate to earn their pay stuck to their mischief and insisted that their allegation must be investigated,” he said.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/i-didnt-share-jonathans-rice-as-xmas-gift-edo-pdp-gov-aspirant/

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OsusuMustFlow(f): 7:33am On Jan 11, 2016
“The rice I shared during the last Christmas was in 50kg, 25kg, 10kg and 2kg bags respectively. The 2kg bags which had the inscription of PDP and operation feed Nigeria was produced by a friend and his phone number is boldly written on the bags. He gave me these bags free of charge to give to as many people as possible as gift during Christmas.

See yeye man.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OsusuMustFlow(f): 7:33am On Jan 11, 2016
they gave you free of charge.

7 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OnankpaBa(m): 7:36am On Jan 11, 2016
The way these PDPians reasons cha......

he said, “For the records, Dr. Jonathan or PDP never brought rice to distribute for the presidential election in Edo State, so it is impossible to comptemplate its being diverted.

“It was Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, TAN, a support group for the then President, that sent some 5kg bags of rice which were given to the party leadership to distribute and were never given to me as state coordinator.

Who is Jonathan, who is TAN, Who is PDP?

Mtchew

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by NextGovernor(m): 7:38am On Jan 11, 2016
We will chase away those APC criminal and there gang members out of Edo this year. APC is banking on rigging and they better think twice because what happened in Bayelsa in January 9th will repeat itself in Edo gubernatorial election.

And Oshiomole should come out and tell us where he got all the money he use in buying trailers of rice, groundnut oil and rams APC shared Dec period.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by dtruth3(m): 7:44am On Jan 11, 2016
Who doesn't know that APC is jittery of this man?

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by Bhella5(m): 7:52am On Jan 11, 2016
From yam eaters to rice eaters.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by donTbone(m): 7:57am On Jan 11, 2016
POLITICS OF RICE AND OIL. angry

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by DONSMITH123(m): 8:12am On Jan 11, 2016
NextGovernor:
We will chase away those APC criminal and there gang members out of Edo this year. APC is banking on rigging and they better think twice because what happened in Bayelsa in January 9th will repeat itself in Edo gubernatorial election.

your vote is one vote my brother..and as for reference to bayelsa election...all I can say to you for now is peace and not clamouring for conflict or war...

Do not fight for politicians...they are not worth your fight.

God bless Nigeria..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OnankpaBa(m): 8:18am On Jan 11, 2016
you dey mind dem?

Bhella5:
From yam eaters to rice eaters.
Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OnankpaBa(m): 8:19am On Jan 11, 2016
continue wailing..

NextGovernor:

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OnankpaBa(m): 8:19am On Jan 11, 2016
dtruth3:
Who doesn't know that APC is jittery of this man?

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OsusuMustFlow(f): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2016
grin grin
donTbone:
POLITICS OF RICE AND OIL. angry

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:23am On Jan 11, 2016
which one be Jonathan rice again? PDP sha

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:23am On Jan 11, 2016
grin grin

OsusuMustFlow:

See yeye man.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by DONSMITH123(m): 8:26am On Jan 11, 2016
“I challenge those who persist in lies and character assassination to call the phone number on the back of the 2kg bags and confirm the producer of these bags. Common sense which is lacking in the life of political thieves could have revealed that rice stored for over a year would be prey to weevils and clearly not suitable for human consumption.”

That part thou... cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OnankpaBa(m): 8:34am On Jan 11, 2016
DON i will be mad with you if you believe that poo...

DONSMITH123:

That part thou... cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by DONSMITH123(m): 8:35am On Jan 11, 2016
cheesy

OnankpaBa:

DON i will be mad with you if you believe that poo...

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OnankpaBa(m): 8:36am On Jan 11, 2016
more revelations will soon come out. maybe its going to be mama peace ankara

DONSMITH123:
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by Sijo01(f): 8:38am On Jan 11, 2016
Am not here to talk about Jonathan's rice. . . . . . Am here to say Ize-Iyamu is a crook.

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by DONSMITH123(m): 8:39am On Jan 11, 2016
you bad... cheesy cheesy

OnankpaBa:
more revelations will soon come out. maybe its going to be mama peace ankara

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OnankpaBa(m): 8:40am On Jan 11, 2016
smiley
DONSMITH123:

you bad... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OnankpaBa(m): 8:41am On Jan 11, 2016
May your tea never lack milk my dear

Sijo01:
Am not here to talk about Jonathan's rice.
Am here to say Ize-Iyamu is a crook.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by SmithEnemona(m): 8:43am On Jan 11, 2016
smiley
Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by Sijo01(f): 8:50am On Jan 11, 2016
OnankpaBa:
May your tea never lack milk my dear
Amen, brother.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by DONSMITH123(m): 8:58am On Jan 11, 2016
Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by OnankpaBa(m): 9:34am On Jan 11, 2016
YESOOO...lalasticlala do the needful

DONSMITH123:

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by looseweight: 9:51am On Jan 11, 2016
Okkk
Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by Smartsyn(m): 9:52am On Jan 11, 2016
See as everybody is now trying to disassociate themselves with the name Jonathan.

Failure has no friend, they say. This is a case study.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by theplushist: 9:53am On Jan 11, 2016
But you distributed it via a friend who gave it "free of charge". LOL.Thank God for a principled Buhari. Though when i took a closer look at his 2016 budget in this infographic http://manly.ng/president-buhari-2016-budget/ i saw some k-leg but no qualms compared to these professional rice distributors.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant by eleko1: 9:53am On Jan 11, 2016
TAN is Jona.U are all saTANist. Nobody will call ur fellow thieves number..Imagine a Pastor taking/giving bribe sad.Only in PDP undecided.Tufia! sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Swears In Commissioners, Journalists Denied Access Into Auditorium / Amaechi Swears-In New Acting Chief Judge For Rivers / Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.