Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ (28782 Views)

Nigerians React To Buhari’s Re-launch Of War Against Indiscipline / Buhari Relaunches War Against Indiscipline Brigade / FG To Begin Campaign Against Indiscipline, African-time Syndrome — Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by jazzy4naija(m): 8:56am On Jan 11, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari is set to relaunch the War Against Indiscipline and Corruption in his patriotic bid to wipe out corruption from Nigeria.
This was revealed by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed at a meeting with the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON) in Abuja yesterday, to enlist their support in the on-going war against terrorism.
It will be recalled that as a military Head of State, Buhari alongside Tunde Idiagbon launched a nationwide campaign called “War Against Indiscipline” (“WAI”). The WAI campaign was aimed at tackling the most anti-social Nigerian characteristics such as indiscipline, corruption, and lack of environmental sanitation.
He further said the new attitudinal change programme was tagged “Change Begins With Me”, adding that the National Orientation Agency (NOA), with offices across the 774 local government councils will be saddled with the responsibility of driving it.
He further explained that another campaign against corruption would also be unveiled shortly after the commencement of the “Change Begins With Me’’ programme.
Aware that some members of BON are privately-owned outfits that need to make money to remain afloat, the minister argued that they could only carry out their operations when the nation is at peace.
He equated the situation in the country to war, reiterating that the media cannot afford to be neutral at this time.
“This war against terror is our war, not the military’s war,’’ he stated, charging them to assist government in disseminating security awareness campaign messages across the country.
The minister said the essence of the campaign was to educate Nigerians on the need to support the military which, according to him, had availed itself creditably in the battle.
It was also aimed at alerting the citizenry to the need to be more security conscious, to be able to identify Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), the weapon of choice deployed by the Jihadi terrorists.
Another reason was for the campaign is that Nigerians be able to identify suicide bombers before they are able to strike since “they live amongst us”.
Mohammed explained that the messages will be produced in various local languages to make them more potent.
He also alleged that some beneficiaries of corruption who did not want the nation to be at peace were behind the funding of the Boko Haram insurgency from proceeds of corruption.
“We believe that the change we so desire must start with each and every one of us, if it is to endure. The change must also come from within the heart, rather than being forced,” the minister stated.
On a request by one of the BON members that the government should assist them in protecting broadcast installations, the minister said he would reach out to the Inspector General of Police, to provide security to all broadcasting premises and facilities nationwide.www.theheraldng.com/buhari-to-relaunch-war-against-indiscipline-2/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by absoluteSuccess: 9:13am On Jan 11, 2016
dry bones shall rise again.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by omenka(m): 9:16am On Jan 11, 2016
AMEEEENNN!!!

Only law-breakers/intending law breakers would hate this news. cheesy

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 11, 2016
Love it, love it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by great664(m): 9:25am On Jan 11, 2016
History repeating itself. No self improvement after years of leaving govt, yet he wants to give me change.

@Mbuhari and @ApcNigeria are Cowards, they can't take criticism, they block me on twitter so they can see Zombies comment alone. #Coward.

#AskYourself

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by DropShot: 9:31am On Jan 11, 2016
great664:
@Mbuhari and @ApcNigeria are Cowards, they can't take criticism, they block me on twitter so they can see Zombies comment alone. #Coward.

#AskYourself
What's wrong in blocking people whose criticism is borne out of hatred of election loss?

@topic, this is a nice development. It worked then and it will work now. Just as it was then that only corrupt and undisciplined people were against it, we should expect that ONLY same set of people will be against it now.

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by great664(m): 9:38am On Jan 11, 2016
DropShot:

What's wrong in blocking people whose criticism is borne out of hatred of election loss?

@topic, this is a nice development. It worked then and it will work now. Just as it was then that only corrupt and undisciplined people were against it, we should expect that ONLY same set of people will be against it now.
Lol. Zombie spotted, for your info I don't give a f.u.ck about any politician, APC or PDP they are same people who don't care about the masses so carry your one sided blind mind away from me.

If I don't critisizee the government how will they know they are taking g the wrong direction?

When people were criticizing the Budget you guys call it biased now the President saw the need to change it and withdrawa it to be amended , you still foolishly think criticizing govt is wrong.

Grow up Man, this is your country and also will be the country of your children Children

@Your answer: Supporting same ideology of yesteryears , why not improve or bring 21st century method of fighting corruption.

May your life remain same 31yrs from now. Say Amen

#AskYourself

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by DropShot: 9:48am On Jan 11, 2016
[s]
great664:
Lol. Zombie spotted, for your info I don't give a f.u.ck about any politician, APC or PDP they are same people who don't care about the masses so carry your one sided blind mind away from me.

If I don't critisizee the government how will they know they are taking g the wrong direction?

When people were criticizing the Budget you guys call it biased now the President saw the need to change it and withdrawa it to be amended , you still foolishly think criticizing govt is wrong.

Grow up Man, this is your country and also will be the country of your children Children

@Your answer: Supporting same ideology of yesteryears , why not improve or bring 21st century method of fighting corruption.

#AskYourself
[/s]

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by great664(m): 9:52am On Jan 11, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]
Lol, is that the best you can do to defend yourself, I guess you can't take correction just like them. BLIND SUPPORTERS who can't defend themselves.

Wailers are smarter than liars that's why we will continue to correct you people.

Remember a Wailer from East , South and West need to score a minnimum of 180 in Jamb to be admitted in Uni/Mono/Poly but an Armajiri need 150 maximum to be admitted in same Uni/Poly/Mono. Hope you can see the difference.

#AskYourself

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by PRYCE(m): 10:20am On Jan 11, 2016
Nigeria's too evolved for these guys' outdated tactics!

So Buhari and his goons think Nigerians will condone police brutality cos they nat standing in a queue or some sh*t like that?

LOL! We go see...

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by bjdon: 10:34am On Jan 11, 2016
'Change begins with me'

That's a good slogan, so let Buhari lead by example. Let 'change begin with him'. Here some suggestions.

Obey the laws the of the land, when people are released by the courts on bail, respect it.

When the Army massacres fellow citizens in cold blood, don't try to justify it.

Look around you at your ministers and other appointees, can you honestly say, before the ALMIGHTY, that there indeed no corrupt ones among them?

Do you finally acknowledge that your benefactor Sani Abacha was corrupt? (After all it's returned Abacha funds that you are trailing Dasuki for)

Only when Buhari himself has imbibed the spirit of 'Change begins with me' will he have the moral standing to demand it of others.

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by johnmartus(m): 10:44am On Jan 11, 2016
WELL DONE MR PRESIDENT FIRE ON BUHARI TILL KANU, EMEKA,NGOZI REALISE THE UNITY OF NIGERIA CANNOT BE OVEREMPHASIZE.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 11, 2016
Sai Buhari

+ Where is lalasticlala sef shocked

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by DropShot: 10:50am On Jan 11, 2016
[s]
great664:
Lol, is that the best you can do to defend yourself, I guess you can't take correction just like them. BLIND SUPPORTERS who can't defend themselves.

Wailers are smarter than liars that's why we will continue to correct you people.

Remember a Wailer from East , South and West need to score a minnimum of 180 in Jamb to be admitted in Uni/Mono/Poly but an Armajiri need 150 maximum to be admitted in same Uni/Poly/Mono. Hope you can see the difference.

#AskYourself
[/s]

8 Likes

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by Jesusloveyou: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2016
great664:

#AskYourself
is good to criticise but is bad to criticise good thing, except u are a saTANist, a lover of corruption and evil personified, and God wil punish u for criticising good thing

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by jmaine: 11:05am On Jan 11, 2016
What are the modalities of this so called war against indiscipline . . . .If it involves reckless harassment of citizens by the security forces ala 1984 then it is DOA . . . . .

If it is going to involve a more subtle social crusade in terms of jingles and strengthening of our institutions to carry our their statutory functions devoid of interference from any fool's body language . . . . then am in full support of it . . . . . .

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by great664(m): 11:06am On Jan 11, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
is good to criticise but is bad to criticise good thing, except u are a saTANist, a lover of corruption and evil personified, and God wil punish u for criticising good thing
Point out the good thing I criticize ? Or you just jump out to quote without reading thereby leaving your brain from yir hole?

Was the Budget I pointed out that was criticize withdraw to be amended as I pointed out?

You guys don't stop to amaze me, and why God will punish me for my own view, Nigerians Youth has lost it. Can't you guys debate without insult?

Be Discordant with Respect . So whoever criticize the govt is satanist, no wonder the oldies said the Youth are not ready to rule, hate and foolishness fill them all.

Samd politicians that will do nothing but after four yrs will start dashing you peanut to fight and kill yourself why they win again.

I weep for una!!!

#AskYourself

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by great664(m): 11:07am On Jan 11, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]
Is that the best you can do? Loser

#AskYourself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by DropShot: 11:08am On Jan 11, 2016
[s]
great664:
Is that the best you can do? Loser
[/s]

13 Likes

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by DropShot: 11:09am On Jan 11, 2016
jmaine:
What are the modalities of this so called war against indiscipline . . . .If it involves reckless harassment of citizens by the security forces ala 1984 then it is DOA . . . . .

If it is going to involve a more subtle social crusade in terms of jingles and strengthening of our institutions to carry our their statutory functions devoid of interference from any fool's body language . . . . then am in full support of it . . . . . .
Has anyone asked for your support?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 11, 2016
great664:
History repeating itself. No self improvement after years of leaving govt, yet he wants to give me change.

#AskYourself

Nigga, you have been wailing all over several threads! Shouting buhari this, govt that!

What have you done to improve the lives of yourself, your family and your immediate enviroment??

At least we know buhari is fighting effortlessly to recover stolen funds from looters that you have stopped at nothing in defending!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by jmaine: 11:11am On Jan 11, 2016
DropShot:

And who are you to ask me such an imbec1lic question ?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by great664(m): 11:11am On Jan 11, 2016
DropShot:

Loser!!!

Starting what he cant finish.
Is he not a Nigerian, Must they ask for his support? LOSER

#Askyourself

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by jmaine: 11:15am On Jan 11, 2016
great664:
Loser!!!

#Askyourself

That is how zombies reason . . . . do we blame such brainless hacks commissioned to pollute cyberspace with their disjointed and m.oronic conducts.

Imagine the silly being acting all stvpid and he feels so at ease . . . . .Lolz

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by looseweight: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2016
Okk
Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by DropShot: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2016
[s]
great664:
Loser!!!

#Askyourself
[/s]
You're obviously frustrated. I will ignore you to the extent you will doubt your existence.
grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by ultrazone(m): 11:20am On Jan 11, 2016
Good news

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by Zaikon(m): 11:20am On Jan 11, 2016
wai
Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2016
ride on mr president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ by kulobyno: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2016
Chsi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTO: Buhari Arrives Beijing, China / Between Jonathan And Buhari, Who Introduced BVN? / Solomon Dalung Blasts President Buhari's Government Over Killings In North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.