Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops (4587 Views)

Your Best Gaming Experience / Best Gaming Laptops You Can Buy Under $1000 ( In 2018) / Best Gaming PC (10 Hours Of Battery Life) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
Personally i'd still take an ASUS ROG over an MSI tho
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Did u not see where i said the 970 sli ll run games at medium settings??!
did I just hear u say 970sli runs game at medium setting?
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Did u not see where i said the 970 sli ll run games at medium settings??!
did I just hear u say 970sli runs game at medium setting?? Am using the asos roga 970sli 18.3 inch 21600 pixels.assassins creed syndicate highest setting 78fps average fps
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
CHESTER48:
did I just hear u say 970sli runs game at medium setting?? Am using the asos roga 970sli 18.3 inch 21600 pixels.assassins creed syndicate highest setting 78fps average fps
The arguement was about the gpu running games four yrs from now.

Anywaays, i obviously miscalculated. A 970 sli will still be able to run games at 60 fps and above at ultra and 4k resolution in 2020. But 4 yrs from now, the 970M sli will struggle to push out 60 fps under those conditions except resolution is reduced to 1080p!
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Jollity: 10:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Really?? Wia's their store located plis??

And overclocking can be tricky. Especially for someone who doesn't know wat he's doing. So i really wouldn't suggest that.....

The store is in ikota. Don't have a link now but you can just check the msi official site. You can call them on any of these:
0803 454 9031
01 731 8041
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by texazzpete(m): 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
If you Want to get into PC gaming on the cheap, get an Alienware alpha. Those regularly sell for less than 400USD.

GPU there is equivalent to the 750ti and will run games at slightly better than Ps4 quality

1 Like

Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
texazzpete:
If you Want to get into PC gaming on the cheap, get an Alienware alpha. Those regularly sell for less than 400USD.

GPU there is equivalent to the 750ti and will run games at slightly better than Ps4 quality
Which is the gtx 860 and it doesn't offer much.and it not all about alienware..Have u ever tried the msi or the asus roga?
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by iXavier: 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
texazzpete:

Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by texazzpete(m): 5:41am On Jan 15, 2016
CHESTER48:
Which is the gtx 860 and it doesn't offer much.and it not all about alienware..Have u ever tried the msi or the asus roga?

Did you miss the part where I said "for cheap"?
The Alienware alpha is a much cheaper - and more convenient - entry point to PC gaming than any of those gaming laptops you cite.
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 15, 2016
Need tips. I love gaming & graphic design. Anyone know decent laptop that can handle both? Would prefer a slim, sleek one for only graphic design with good battery life tho, the gaming capability is just a bonus.
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Ochiske(m): 12:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
Mckandre AdeLaNa1 CHESTER48
thanks guys smiley I used the suggestions provided and my pc is back on cool
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ochiske:
Mckandre AdeLaNa1 CHESTER48
thanks guys smiley I used the suggestions provided and my pc is back on cool
nice it helped you!!!!!
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by kimco(m): 11:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
Double post
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by kimco(m): 12:30am On Jan 16, 2016
Why are pc enthusiasts talking about sli/crossfire (mobile version as a matter of fact) like it actually gives double performance?

The support is not great on the part of the developers and nvidia/ amd drivers for it ain't great at all. Also it has it problems like. Microstuttering etc. Sli won't maintain 60fps and other things in 2020 in 4k even on low settings. Effects and new techs will be introduced in games in the future that MAY render these cards almost useless (think the geeforce 7000 series before the intro of shaders)
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 16, 2016
kimco:
Why are pc enthusiasts talking about sli/crossfire (mobile version as a matter of fact) like it actually gives double performance?

The support is not great on the part of the developers and nvidia/ amd drivers for it ain't great at all. Also it has it problems like. Microstuttering etc. Sli won't maintain 60fps and other things in 2020 in 4k even on low settings. Effects and new techs will be introduced in games in the future that MAY render these cards almost useless (think the geeforce 7000 series before the intro of shaders)
I actually dont favor Sli/crossfire. Too expensive. And you'd think if u're dropping money for double the horse power, that the performance is supposed to be perfect. But that's not the case. Microstuttering is an issue on the sli/crossfire. Also read something about input lag as frames are processed from one gpu to the other. But we still cant dispute the fact that most games run better on sli/crossfire. 4 yrs from now and some of these sli/crossfire gpus ll still be able to run games at 1080p regardless of the new technologies in place by then....
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by kimco(m): 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
I actually dont favor Sli/crossfire. Too expensive. And you'd think if u're dropping money for double the horse power, that the performance is supposed to be perfect. But that's not the case. Microstuttering is an issue on the sli/crossfire. Also read something about input lag as frames are processed from one gpu to the other. But we still cant dispute the fact that most games run better on sli/crossfire. 4 yrs from now and some of these sli/crossfire gpus ll still be able to run games at 1080p regardless of the new technologies in place by then....

But ade, if they cannot run the games now without problems, how will they fair four years later with no more driver support. Even being current gpus, the drivers aren't great, you actually think they will do better later on? Let's pray that they do get better later in the future (dx12 feature set).

Also it'll depend on how great the graphics improve in the next four years. If it's moving as slow as it is then, surely yes, at 1080p they myt pull off mid-high settings on a 40-60fps interval (forget rock solid 60fps) but if they do take off then well....I dnt want to witness the dissaapointment. And everything I have said is about the desktop versions...let's not even talk about the laptop versions with heat problems and them being atmost 2gens lower than their desktop counterparts. We shud be praying for very powerful single gpus with extremely low power draw. Let's hope pascal and polaris (nvidia and amd, respectively) can bring this future to fruition.
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
kimco:

But ade, if they cannot run the games now without problems, how will they fair four years later with no more driver support. Even being current gpus, the drivers aren't great, you actually think they will do better later on? Let's pray that they do get better later in the future (dx12 feature set).

Also it'll depend on how great the graphics improve in the next four years. If it's moving as slow as it is then, surely yes, at 1080p they myt pull off mid-high settings on a 40-60fps interval (forget rock solid 60fps) but if they do take off then well....I dnt want to witness the dissaapointment. And everything I have said is about the desktop versions...let's not even talk about the laptop versions with heat problems and them being atmost 2gens lower than their desktop counterparts. We shud be praying for very powerful single gpus with extremely low power draw. Let's hope pascal and polaris (nvidia and amd, respectively) can bring this future to fruition.
what is this one talking about!!Another novice Who said they run games with issue now!!!!kindly read my other replies I have dealt with this answer
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by DammyOlu123(m): 2:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
CHESTER48:
what is this one talking about!!Another novice Who said they run games with issue now!!!!kindly read my other replies I have dealt with this answer

Lmfao!!! Kimco nor be your mate o.
Kimco, abeg take it easy with him. It seems he just bought a new computer, and its still shacking him like ogogoro. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
kimco:

I still think a few of the 500 series gpu dat were released four years ago still receive driver support in the regular updates. So i'm not sure if this is gonna be much of an issue for current 900 series gpu four years from now.

I saw some benchmarks of the 680m sli. And it could still run Just Cause 3 at 1080p and ultra settings at around 50 to 60 fps. It could also run Fallout 4 under those conditions at around d same fps range. The current 970m and 980m gpus are far better than the 680m and they are built to last a while. So i'm pretty confident the 970m and 980m SLIs can run games at ultra, 1080p, and 60fps(average 50-55 fps) four years from now. And those are just the mobile versions. The desktop versions ll definitely exceed the mobile versions in every aspect of gaming.
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
DammyOlu123:

Kimco, abeg take it easy with him. It seems he just bought a new computer, and its still shacking him like ogogoro. grin grin grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by kimco(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
I still think a few of the 500 series gpu dat were released four years ago still receive driver support in the regular updates. So i'm not sure if this is gonna be much of an issue for current 900 series gpu four years from now.

I saw some benchmarks of the 680m sli. And it could still run Just Cause 3 at 1080p and ultra settings at around 50 to 60 fps. It could also run Fallout 4 under those conditions at around d same fps range. The current 970m and 980m gpus are far better than the 680m and they are built to last a while. So i'm pretty confident the 970m and 980m SLIs can run games at ultra, 1080p, and 60fps(average 50-55 fps) four years from now. And those are just the mobile versions. The desktop versions ll definitely exceed the mobile versions in every aspect of gaming.

That's good to hear... Buh let's be honest, these games are not graphically great. And like I said if the trend keeps on the way it's going then we may have some hope for games with little graphical leaps. Surely ade we can't hope to see 680m sli run star citizen on ultra or very high with a constant 60fps. But I am surprised 500 series still receive. Sli updates. Wud check that out.

But 4k at 60fps, let's forget that one unless u are rocking the new babies (desktop versions) in sli/ crossfire.

I'm still pc-less by the way. Loool.
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by kimco(m): 4:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
DammyOlu123:

Hahahahah dammy not to worry...I understand...it's a discussion.

1 Like

Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by kimco(m): 4:11pm On Jan 17, 2016
CHESTER48:

Hmmm. I'll try to read ur answers, with the links as proof, ofcos, that you provided as well. Buh pls refrain from calling others novices, its doesn't breed constructive arguments, which, reading the OP, is the objective of this thread. Let's keep it civil.
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 18, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Did u not see where i said the 970 sli ll run games at medium settings?? Anyways, Yes. U're right. The 680m sli can run most games today at Ultra and 1080p. It can definitely handle Just Cause 3 under those conditions!! It ll only start stuggling to run games when we crank things up to 4k.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.13849.0.html

The 680m sli is number 16 on d list!! Just so u know anything in d green boxes means 60 fps and above!!
I don't believe those benchmarks my roommate has an Asus rog from 2012 with the 680m sli and it's having problem playing games from 2014 down except you reduce the resolution and the graphic settings. My Y50 which has the 960m 4 gig vram is also having trouble playing games already and it's not up to a year. Pc gaming is very cool if you can afford to build a super mad gaming rig but aside that, stick to consoles.
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by swagifted(m): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2016
tensazangetsu:

In 2020 people will still play that Xbox one but your 970 sli will be shit.
by 2020 he will just upgrade Ram and d 970 and ya xbox one will be poo
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 18, 2016
swagifted:
You think get a gtx 9800 and load with 128 gig ram and load mass effect 2 and see how many fps you get
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
tensazangetsu:

I don't believe those benchmarks my roommate has an Asus rog from 2012 with the 680m sli and it's having problem playing games from 2014 down except you reduce the resolution and the graphic settings. My Y50 which has the 960m 4 gig vram is also having trouble playing games already and it's not up to a year. Pc gaming is very cool if you can afford to build a super mad gaming rig but aside that, stick to consoles.
Wat kind of problems?? And i know those benchmarks aren't 100% accurate. But u expect me to believe u over a group of professionals who play games and study these GPUs for a living??

The 680m sli and 960m are still pretty relevant GPUs that ll blow ur ps4 right out of the water...

1 Like

Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
swagifted:
Some1 gve dis man a beer!!
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Wat kind of problems?? And i know those benchmarks aren't 100% accurate. But u expect me to believe u over a group of professionals who play games and study these GPUs for a living??

The 680m sli and 960m are still pretty relevant GPUs that ll blow ur ps4 right out of the water...
My 960m only plays assassins creed syndicate on low
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2016
tensazangetsu:

Wat resolution do u play on?? Besides 960m isn't one of the strongest GPUs. Its good. But its just above average.

Also, if u didn't know, Assassins creed is one of the most poorly optimised games on pc. So u'll need beta hardware to play the game on higher settings
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by DammyOlu123(m): 11:37pm On Jan 18, 2016
tensazangetsu:

I really need to ask. Do you update your drivers regularly?? That's very important, if you don't. Coz I just can't imagine the 960m(though not super, but close enough) not being able to play the games you listed on at least high.
Re: Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 18, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Wat resolution do u play on?? Besides 960m isn't one of the strongest GPUs. Its good. But its just above average.

Also, if u didn't know, Assassins creed is one of the most poorly optimised games on pc. So u'll need beta hardware to play the game on higher settings
1080p and the drivers are updated regularly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PS3 Controller On PC / Ì Need Pes 2017 Patch 2020 / Sony Confirmed Playstation 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.