Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,633 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona (4403 Views)

19 African Players That Have Won The European Cup (Champions League) / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 2) On 1st May 2018 / Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid : UCL (1 - 2) On 25th April 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Obidikejr(m): 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2016
Yaya Toure’s agent, Dimitri Seluk, has claimed that Pep Guardiola is nothing special and that his grandfather would have won the title with Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Guardiola has already confirmed that he will leave Bayern at the end of this season and he is believed to be heading to Manchester City. Seluk is left fearing the worst for his client, as the Spaniard sold Yaya Toure to City for £24million in 2010 when he was Barcelona boss. “Pep is a great coach. But he has won the title at Barcelona and Bayern Munich,” he said. “The truth is that my grandfather would win the title with Barcelona and Bayern Munich because they are big clubs with great players. “Look at Luis Enrique now. Last season he won the title and the Champions League with Barcelona. “I’m not saying he isn’t a good coach, but look what he did at Roma. Nothing. “I’d like to see Pep take a club that is eighth or ninth and make them champions. “That’s why Roberto Mancini was the best manager City have had. “Manuel Pellegrini is also a good coach who deserves credit, but Mancini built the team. He took a team that was nowhere and made them champions.” Seluk added: “In Germany, they say it is 100 per cent that Guardiola will be City’s manager and I believe it also. “I don’t know what Guardiola’s plans are, but – after what happened at Barcelona – of course it is a worry that when he comes Yaya will be out. “I hope not and Yaya hopes not. “He has had offers to leave City, but he loves the club, he loves the fans and he loves the people of Manchester. “Once Pep comes, there will be a lot more Spanish players arriving. “They are trying to turn City into Barcelona when they should be creating their own identity.”
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Obidikejr(m): 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
True talk, even mancity is an already established club but if Guardiola can survive EPL for 4 years even with a club like mancity then and only then will I believe he is special
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 9:40am On Jan 16, 2016
Let him come to england, mr klopp knws better now
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by ElCule: 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
Haywhymido:
what is so special about the kick and follow english football? March is just by the corner lets see howman EPL team will remain.
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
ElCule:
what is so special about the kick and follow english football? March is just by the corner lets see howman EPL team will remain.
ask van gaal, after a year of pep in england u can ask him dat same question. They wld be able to answer it better
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by raumdeuter: 6:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
Haywhymido:

Didnt Klopp almost relegate Dortmund before he came?

Pellegrini, Mancini came to England and dominated

EVen Mourinho from a low league like Portugal

3 Likes

Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
raumdeuter:

Didnt Klopp almost relegate Dortmund before he came?

Pellegrini, Mancini came to England and dominated

EVen Mourinho from a low league like Portugal
the season he nearly relegate bvb dat's what u remembered of him. What of the season b4 mancini dominated england For one season rite. Why he was dominated for how many seasonsPellegrini who wldnt after dat much money. I still maintain my stand epl is the most competitive league in world.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by raumdeuter: 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
Haywhymido:
the season he nearly relegate bvb dat's what u remembered of him. What of the season b4 mancini dominated england For one season rite. Why he was dominated for how many seasonsPellegrini who wldnt after dat much money. I still maintain my stand epl is the most competitive league in world.

Prove that the EPL is the most competitive.

Mancini won the first league title for City in a long time in his 2nd full season

Pellegrini won his first league title in the same EPL
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by 100naira(m): 7:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
ElCule:
What's this kick and follow English football nonsense I have been hearing for a while now? The sheer number of teams playing possession football in epl speaks for itself. Stop jumping on the conclusions of others.

And for the folks shouting about how guardiola will struggle in epl, think again. YaYa Toure's agent is just looking out for his client because if guardiola joins city, its game over for him.
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2016
raumdeuter:

Prove that the EPL is the most competitive.

Mancini won the first league title for City in a long time in his 2nd full season

Pellegrini won his first league title in the same EPL

yea, u r rite but u failed to include dat dey were given substantial amount of money to set up man city which was considerably higher dan dat of other big teams in epl under each regime.
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
100naira:
What's this kick and follow English football nonsense I have been hearing for a while now? The sheer number of teams playing possession football in epl speaks for itself. Stop jumping on the conclusions of others.

And for the folks shouting about how guardiola will struggle in epl, think again. YaYa Toure's agent is just looking out for his client because if guardiola joins city, its game over for him.
well, am happy to tell u dat am nt one of dem. But, am quite sure he wont av it easy as he did in la liga n b. liga
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by raumdeuter: 8:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
Haywhymido:
yea, u r rite but u failed to include dat dey were given substantial amount of money to set up man city which was considerably higher dan dat of other big teams in epl under each regime.

And the big teams dont have money? Is he expected to spend stones? If Guardiola wins then we would start hearing its because of the money given to him

Shey Fergie, Mourinho, Rodgers Wenger were not given money

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by raumdeuter: 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
100naira:

EPL is largely 95% strenght 5% tactics more kick and follow

If an EPL team face a La liga team most of the time, they would park the bus and play defensive while the La Liga side would tap them into submission

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
raumdeuter:

And the big teams dont have money? Is he expected to spend stones? If Guardiola wins then we would start hearing its because of the money given to him

Shey Fergie, Mourinho, Rodgers Wenger were not given money
n why wont we say so Why is it dat, it is only d ready made or moneybag teams he always goes to Fulham fc said dat they av contacted him abt him coaching them nxt season n they r currently waiting for his reply, but we all knw he wont go dere, but why
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by raumdeuter: 8:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
Haywhymido:
n why wont we say so Why is it dat, it is only d ready made or moneybag teams he always goes to Fulham fc said dat they av contacted him abt him coaching them nxt season n they r currently waiting for his reply, but we all knw he wont go dere, but why

Mention one top coach who would go to a relegation battling team

3 Likes

Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
raumdeuter:

Mention one top coach who would go to a relegation battling team
mourinho, claudio raineri dat's the little i can come up with now
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by patrickmuf(m): 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
Guardiola will survive in the EPL...He's a very good coach
I'd like to point out that the arguments of Yaya's agent is flawed on so many fronts, first of all it's the best EPL teams who are after Pep and not the other way round and even if it is, he has earned the right to mingle with the best of the lot...I'm a staunch Manchester United fan but i'm not blind...
We saw Martino coached Barca and didn't win nada...Even Frank Rijkaard didn't hand over a well placed Barca team to Pep, he came in and kicked out Deco, Dinho and others he deemed surplus to requirement (something an ordinary coached won't dare)

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by raumdeuter: 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
Haywhymido:
mourinho, claudio raineri dat's the little i can come up with now

WHich relegation battling team did Moutinho go to?

Mourinho rejected Roma a club better than Fulham

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
raumdeuter:

EPL is largely 95% strenght 5% tactics more kick and follow

If an EPL team face a La liga team most of the time, they would park the bus and play defensive while the La Liga side would tap them into submission
really But, they(barca) cldnt tap chelsea with their parking the bus tactics into submission even after a man down in 2012. I say n i will say it again, everytime an epl get beaten by a la liga, it is because dey didnt park d bus. Dat means the 95% strength as u said is working for dem(epl teams) dey jst dont knw it
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by raumdeuter: 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
Haywhymido:
really But, they(barca) cldnt tap chelsea with their parking the bus tactics into submission even after a man down in 2012. I say n i will say it again, everytime an epl get beaten by a la liga, it is because dey didnt park d bus. Dat means the 95% strength as u said is working for dem(epl teams) dey jst dont knw it

Yet La Liga teams are more succesful than EPL teams in the CL recently. CL has shown that attackig football wins more than bus parking. How many bus parkers have won the CL compared to attacking teams that won

Chelsea can only play Barca by parking the bus. If dem born chelsea well, let them face Barca playing attacking football

3 Likes

Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by ElCule: 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
Someone who conquerd Europe and the world 2 times, and also make the UCL semi final every year in his couching career yet, he will not succed in EPL? How ironic! Ppls i'm curius, what is the record of the entire english teams against Guardiola?

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

Yet La Liga teams are more succesful than EPL teams in the CL recently. CL has shown that attackig football wins more than bus parking. How many bus parkers have won the CL compared to attacking teams that won

Chelsea can only play Barca by parking the bus. If dem born chelsea well, let them face Barca playing attacking football
why must chelsea change dia tactics to barca's own to beat them. Why can't barca change their tactics to chelsea's own too In gordon's voice: all die na die. Either chelsea beat tapping teams thru parking the bus or attacking football, the end result is d same. 3points/upliftment to nxt round.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

WHich relegation battling team did Moutinho go to?

Mourinho rejected Roma a club better than Fulham
atleast he carried a team outside top 4 to win the league n even won them champe. Wake me up, when pep do dat pls!!!
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Eruditor: 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
This thing is easy. The agent should tell his grandfather to coach Real Madrid. They have an expensive squad filled with exceptional players like CR7, Bale, Rodriguez and Benzema to mention a few. They have never won a treble in their history despite all the monies spent in assembling expensive squads.

Pep is a fraud and winning the UCL twice is very easy. Bayern were winning it every year without him so since he hasn't won it with them he is a failure. Barca were winning it year in year out without him as well. Mou has 10UCLs to his name. Fergie has 50.

We have heard. Geez
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Eruditor: 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
Haywhymido:
atleast he carried a team outside top 4 to win the league n even won them champe. Wake me up, when pep do dat pls!!!

What team outside top 4? Humor me please.
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by raumdeuter: 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
Haywhymido:

Who is this team outside top 4 in their league

Which team did Mourinho coach that wasnt top 4 in their league the season before he joined them
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by raumdeuter: 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
Haywhymido:
why must chelsea change dia tactics to barca's own to beat them. Why can't barca change their tactics to chelsea's own too In gordon's voice: all die na die. Either chelsea beat tapping teams thru parking the bus or attacking football, the end result is d same. 3points/upliftment to nxt round.

Park the bus is a tactics of coward. Its the tactics you would expect a relegation underdog to play against a top team

That was why Mourinho was complaining that West Ham parked the bus and called it 19 century tactics

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

Park the bus is a tactics of coward. Its the tactics you would expect a relegation underdog to play against a top team

That was why Mourinho was complaining that West Ham parked the bus and called it 19 century tactics
until when it is written or u show me where it is written as a tactic of coward in fifa rules n regulations n also punishable when used. I wont take it as such. My belief is use whatever u av to get what u want as long as it is legal.
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

Who is this team outside top 4 in their league

Which team did Mourinho coach that wasnt top 4 in their league the season before he joined them
Fc Porto year 2002
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by raumdeuter: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
Haywhymido:
Fc Porto year 2002

FC Porto finished 3rd in the Portuguese league in 2002

FC Porto is by far th strongest Portuguese team. If Mourinho wants to prove anything Let him coach Guimares in the same Portuguese league
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by raumdeuter: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
Haywhymido:
until when it is written or u show me where it is written as a tactic of coward in fifa rules n regulations n also punishable when used. I wont take it as such. My belief is use whatever u av to get what u want as long as it is legal.

WHy did Mourinho call the tactics a coward tactics and 19th century tactics when it was used against him
Re: Guardiola Not Special, My Grandfather Would Have Won At Bayern, Barcelona by Haywhymido(m): 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
Eruditor:

What team outside top 4? Humor me please.
and i look like basketmouth to u right? #thank God ur hating can't undone his records.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Epl Is Simply Not The Best League In The World / Arsenal Emirate Stadium(pics) / UCL: Galatasaray Vs Manchester United (1 - 0) On 20th November 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.