Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) (31512 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Glo Network Just Robbed Me Of My Money (airtime) / Mtn Robbed Me This Morning With True Talk Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by pheyikemi: 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hi everyone, how was your day? I know I'm not a regular face here but pls forgive me, I have to narrate my experience to you guys so u won't get robbed too.
It all started last week Jan 8 when my BIS was to expire, so I quickly recharged prior to that day, cos I preferred auto renewal due to its stress free nature. Jan 9 came and went, nothing happened, Jan 10 came also, meanwhile I couldn't access the network on these days.
Then I called the customer care line YESTERDAY and was told it was the network and that I should send EXPIRE to 21600, of which I did and I got some messages. Lo and behold, the internet usage was restored after my money was deducted for the MONTHLY subscription.
Guess what, I was told my subscription expired today, I immediately called the customer care again and I was told it was network issues which will soon be rectified. Having waited and waited w/out any solution, I called back and a lady called Ese/ Esie told me, there was nothing they could do, she even gave me the option of going to get another money to re-subscribe. angry angry
My reasons for wanting to tell u all what they did was
1. They robbed me on my birthday angry - no fear of God
2. They turned 1 month to 1 day using abraca-dabra - ain't a mu.mu o cheesy
3. If they must save for their fine with the FG, my money shdnt be included fa! angry
In Summary
MTN robbed me angry . Pls read the pictures from the 4th to the 1st, then the 5th

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by pheyikemi: 9:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
Then this was sent later today

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by calabaman(m): 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
Sorry abt that bro.

I used to b an mtn ccr, seen such a scenario before.

my advice- visit the mtn thread here on NL, give dem a breakdown of what transpired, dey wud investigate and do a chargeless subscription for u.. ie if u havent resubscribed already.

OR you call 180 again, and hopefully you wud meet an agent willing to escalate d issue for resolution by the escalations unit. all hope isnt lost.

Tread carefully around the keyword EXPIRE to 21600 carefully nexttime. its used to deactivate all BB subscriptions on ur line.

#my 2cents

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by pheyikemi: 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2016
calabaman:
Sorry abt that bro.

I used to b an mtn ccr, seen such a scenario before.

my advice- visit the mtn thread here on NL, give dem a breakdown of what transpired, dey wud investigate and do a chargeless subscription for u.. ie if u havent resubscribed already.

OR you call 180 again, and hopefully you wud meet an agent willing to escalate d issue for resolution by the escalations unit. all hope isnt lost.

#my 2cents
Thanks man, I haven't re-subscribed, as I don't intend getting robbed by them again.

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by calabaman(m): 9:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
pheyikemi:
Thanks man, I haven't re-subscribed, as I don't intend getting robbed by them again.
Call em back... Hopefully u'l meet a more experienced agent who would fill a premature bbos expiry template and escalate it. All d best........

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by tafrica(m): 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2016
Pele Bae, call them again. Those CC agents are more experienced than one another, the next CC may profer solution to your complaint. Eze is a lady girl.

BTW, pick up your fone, I called you.

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by dominique(f): 11:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
You probably spoke with one of the frustrated over-worked underpaid contract CC staff. Try calling again, you may be lucky to connect within someone eager to assist. MTN May be evil (sometimes) but they've been known to refund airtime to subscribers especially if the fault is from them.

6 Likes

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by pheyikemi: 2:21am On Jan 12, 2016
dominique:
You probably spoke with one of the frustrated over-worked underpaid contract CC staff. Try calling again, you may be lucky to connect within someone eager to assist. MTN May be evil (sometimes) but they've been known to refund airtime to subscribers especially if the fault is from them.
Thanks sis, I did just that but I was told they never sent me messages despite the evidences, but I was told to go to any of their office to lodge my complaints.
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 12, 2016
Calling MTN CC or going to their office? My dear just forget it.
Last year I called emptyhen CC until my friend said "one day they'll call you by your name coz ur number will be in their contact list".

Very dubious set of people. I can remember one fateful day that they zapped off N800 worth of airtime. Called CC, sent messages on twitter all to no avail. I was just getting useless responses from them, at the end I received that "your...has been resolved" resolved.
Kaii I was so furious.
If I borrow airtime & then port, will I still be made to pay? I need answers cos that's the next step

6 Likes

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by hatux: 6:22am On Jan 12, 2016
sergiozlatan:

If I borrow airtime & then port, will I still be made to pay? I need answers cos that's the next step
After porting, you won't be shown in your account balance but their money will be deducted anytime you recharge your line.
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Alexander001(m): 6:30am On Jan 12, 2016
Sue them, just joking call them. Life was much easier when Apple and BlackBerry where just Fruits. Drops mick

2 Likes

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by xcaliber(m): 6:37am On Jan 12, 2016
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by MilesLamar(m): 7:58am On Jan 12, 2016
Mtn geh fine to pay

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 12, 2016
I recharged 100 naira yesterday night;on waking up this morning, I discovered 60 naira had been deducted from my account

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by islandmoon: 8:43am On Jan 12, 2016
for real? they promised to refund 1000 to my friend since last December, until now nothing has been refunded, come to thing of it my pretty girlfriend has been complaining for more than a week now about her airtime disappearing overnight after making few calls, as for me i have resorted to loading just what i need to make calls . shikenah!!

but this is a serious crime sha!

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 12, 2016
Mtn don use you shine. Go put them for prayers...I swear them go return am. Iranu. Lalasticlala wida.
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by kandrus: 10:37am On Jan 12, 2016
Exactly same thing happened to me. Scam of a network. I will call them till they refund Me
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by looseweight: 10:44am On Jan 12, 2016
Its been long I subscribed on my BlackBerry
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by menix(m): 10:45am On Jan 12, 2016
MTN nah Corporate Robbers nah, who no sabi them for Warri...

If u receive a Msg from MTN that sayz stand, Nwanne don't bother about ur shoes, pls run as ur leg can carry you..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by coolhamid(m): 10:45am On Jan 12, 2016
Sorry to hear this ma'am, seems they are doing all they could to meet up with NCC fine.

Am used to their fraudulent style. No be today fowl yansh don dey open, I just hope that one day a competent leader takes over the mantle of leadership of this country to protect our interests in the hands of these capitalists.
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by missdeb045: 10:46am On Jan 12, 2016
sorry ehn
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by vicostyles(m): 10:46am On Jan 12, 2016
God will deliver us from MTN

Deliver yourself from MTN grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by lampardizik(m): 10:46am On Jan 12, 2016
kaksjuykskadufg iesgfugw igegiy wqoii78rb iwrbiyw jgwefu

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Ahmed4002(m): 10:48am On Jan 12, 2016
embarassed
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by kunzaar83(m): 10:48am On Jan 12, 2016
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by ultrazone(m): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2016
Ok
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by tempest01(m): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2016
Haha...they moved it to front page

E don be for mtn
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by eleko1: 10:49am On Jan 12, 2016
shocked sad No wonder sad.I kip sending u message to no avail,wondering why a whole medical doc nor fit subscribe/think say dem rascal there don wake with ur phone.May sango fire MTN.After registered my 4 MTN sim 5 times,the useless network still send me sms to go here nd there with my identity card for another register.I'll simply go there this weekend and burn the useless sim.Sorry embarassed

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Slo010: 10:51am On Jan 12, 2016
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by blank(f): 10:52am On Jan 12, 2016
hatux:
After porting, you won't be shown in your account balance but their money will be deducted anytime you recharge your line.

Not true except this is a recent issue. I ported after borrowing N500 and i did not pay back a dime. I cannot stand MTN.

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Demmocrats(m): 10:52am On Jan 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin OP you just paid your own share of the fine on MTN smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) / Price Of Tecno Camon CX Air In Nigeria And Other Africa Countries / What Is The Difference Between Kitkat, Lollipop, Jellybean, Marshmallow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.