Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:06 AM

The Journey To Brighter Skin: Face - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Journey To Brighter Skin: Face (5483 Views)

Female Corper's Amazing Weight Loss After 7 Months Fitness Journey / This Lady's Weight Loss Journey Photos Will Leave You Speechless / 3 Simple Steps To Reduce Oily Skin/face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Journey To Brighter Skin: Face by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 12, 2016
It is not unusual to see products promising fantastic skin at a fantastic price and the ones without the fantastic price have fantastic ingredients that can do fantastic damage,
Don't mind me, just joking around.

Really, how often do you have someone tell you about a lotion that ends with -glow, -light, -bright and so on. All these names are with the aim of sucking you into the fantasy of clearer, brighter skin in 3 days- 1 week. Well, it is not so easy to do so safely. Most times, these products are packed full of kojic acid which is actually quite good but these products say nothing about its proper or safe use to ensure the best and long lasting results. Even more dangerous are the quinone and mecury products that flat out give you a new skin tone.

Today i'll tell you about getting brighter skin without any of that. This is not a fast process, you will not do this once and get amazing results. As with anything, you have to invest yourself in it to get results that will last. For this you will need a vitamin c serum or your kojic acid lotion, sunscreen and a light oil.

Vitamin C serum: Vitamin C serum is actually the star of this show, it isn't expensive and you can actually make your own at home. If you don't want to make yours, substitute with diluted lemon juice or if you are pro Kojic acid serum, use that. The benefits of a vitamin C serum is numerous, it helps quick cell regeneration, boosts collagen production, fights and prevents acne,has anti-aging properties, fades spots and has anti-oxidant properties.The downside of this is that the serum could go off (become ineffective) if kept carelessly or exposed to sunlight.

Sunscreen: Every attempt to brighten your skin (especially your face) should be followed with sunscreen, even for those bleaching. The use of vitamin C, kojic acid and any other brightening ingredients you may attempt using should be followed with sunscreen as they they make your skin more sensitive. I wish i knew earlier because i am sporting a sunburn from my youth service on the right side of my head and that was without my applying any serums at the time

Argan Oil: Lastly you need to moisturize your skin with a light oil, i use argan because it is easily available, i do not advice using 'cream' or any 'butter' because it is really heavy and may cause excessive sweating . You could use Moringa oil,jojoba oil, avocado oil and olive oil.

How to use all 3:
-Apply a few drops of vitamin C serum on your face, ears and neck
-It should be absorbed really quick
-Apply sunscreen if you are going out
-Allow sunscreen to absorb and apply a few drops of your oil, Voila.
-Do this in the morning and evening. You may experience flaking of the skin, then reduce it to once a day, at night.

It is necessary to note that what you eat is also important, lots of fruits and veggies speeds along the process and gives you a naturally radiant look.

Disclaimer
I am not a dermatologist, i have been doing this for about 1 month and it works for me and has worked for a lot of people. Always do a skin patch test when starting a skin care routine and be safe.

1 Like

Re: The Journey To Brighter Skin: Face by omoplaycool(m): 7:27am On Jan 12, 2016
It'd amazing how the brighter skin saga isn't just a thing for ladies alone ,the men are also becoming champions . I see this as nothing but complex issues
Re: The Journey To Brighter Skin: Face by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
It isn't a complex issue in my opinion,its just a search for more radiant skin. This is not about skin lightening, it is enhancing what you have.
To each his own, i respect your opinion smiley
Re: The Journey To Brighter Skin: Face by Kenshinmunac(m): 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
Moberry:
It isn't a complex issue in my opinion,its just a search for more radiant skin. This is not about skin lightening, it is enhancing what you have.
To each his own, i respect your opinion smiley

Nice, please how much for bit c serum and argan oil.?
Re: The Journey To Brighter Skin: Face by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
Kenshinmunac:

Nice, please how much for bit c serum and argan oil.?

Hi, am sorry i have no idea how much they are sold in Naira but both cost less than 20 dollars. I am quite sure that if you check out skincare stores in your area, you will find some. If you not, you could use substitutes. I am sorry i couldn't be more helpful.
Re: The Journey To Brighter Skin: Face by Kenshinmunac(m): 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
Moberry:

Hi, am sorry i have no idea how much they are sold in Naira but both cost less than 20 dollars. I am quite sure that if you check out skincare stores in your area, you will find some. If you not, you could use substitutes. I am sorry i couldn't be more helpful.

No probs, thanks, you are very nice, melt ma heart, if all women could be like you, world would have been a better place, I'm pretty sure you are not from Nigeria, where are you from? smiley
Re: The Journey To Brighter Skin: Face by Nobody: 4:11am On Jan 13, 2016
Kenshinmunac:

No probs, thanks, you are very nice, melt ma heart, if all women could be like you, world would have been a better place, I'm pretty sure you are not from Nigeria, where are you from? smiley

cheesy i am Nigerian, just not in Nigeria smiley
Re: The Journey To Brighter Skin: Face by Kenshinmunac(m): 7:21am On Jan 13, 2016
Moberry:

cheesy i am Nigerian, just not in Nigeria smiley

Really, that's nice, wink

(1) (Reply)

Decent Abaya Styles For Muslim Ladies This Ramadan / How To Make Carrot Oil For Skin Glow / Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.