Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

All ugba lovers - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / All ugba lovers (4055 Views)

Native Wears' Lovers , Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All ugba lovers by sosisi(f): 11:49pm On Jun 18, 2009
Abacha and okporoko lovers nko?
Re: All ugba lovers by grafikdon: 12:51am On Jun 19, 2009
Haha! I love this. I know how to hook up wicked abacha with okporoko, mangala and anara/afufa. . . grin grin unfortunately. . . I am not sure about ugba and isi ewu because I never paid attention. I do have a feeling they use the same abacha ''sauce'', perhaps with ukazi and a lot of pepper
Re: All ugba lovers by sosisi(f): 3:04am On Jun 19, 2009
The last Ugba I ate here in America gave me "running stomach" but I enjoyed it while I was eating it though
Re: All ugba lovers by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 19, 2009
My mum left for naija early this month.
before she left she taught my girl friend how to make ugba with all those mede mede.
she made it 3 times since then.

agworagwo jigbo is next on the agenda.
Re: All ugba lovers by Emperoh(m): 10:35am On Jun 19, 2009
CHAI!!!! If even i hate my Mum, i will love her for life for Ugba, Abacha, Okporoko, Kanda and Akwukwo Anara!!

If you try this combo, you will realise the difference between Egbe(Kite) na Egbe (Gun)!!
Re: All ugba lovers by AloyEmeka9: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2009
Ugba is my specialty. Ugba soup, ji akwu[abacha] etc, yum yum.
Re: All ugba lovers by sosisi(f): 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2009
Emperoh:

CHAI!!!! If even i hate my Mum, i will love her for life for Ugba, Abacha, Okporoko, Kanda and Akwukwo Anara!!

If you try this combo, you will realise the difference between Egbe(Kite) na Egbe (Gun)!!

ewooooooooooo
my dear brother
akpiri moooooooooooooooo
Re: All ugba lovers by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2009
where can we buy it in the states? Pls i need help on that.
Re: All ugba lovers by jaquan(m): 10:05pm On Jun 19, 2009
unu ga egbu mu o. aguru has come. i love it.
Re: All ugba lovers by sosisi(f): 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2009
davidylan:

where can we buy it in the states? Pls i need help on that.

They sell dried ones in some African food stores which you need to soak before preparing.
The art is in the preparing.
the "ngu" which is the palm oil, akanwu, salt and pepper mixture must be done right,that is the secret to a good ugba
I don't know how tt prepare it though,never tried it

Re: All ugba lovers by AndreUweh(m): 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2009
Nairalanders, shall we with one voice urge igbo legislators to come up with laws that will preserve ugba trees from facing extinction. The govts have cut down the trees due to road construction, electricity poles and so on. What do you think?.
Re: All ugba lovers by sosisi(f): 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2009
Andre Uweh:

Nairalanders, shall we with one voice urge igbo legislators to come up with laws that will preserve ugba trees from facing extinction. The govts have cut down the trees due to road construction, electricity poles and so on. What do you think?.

They are cutting down Ugba trees?
Abomination!
Ugba trees that were planted by God himself.
You know ugba trees are not planted,they've always been there
This is serious!
Re: All ugba lovers by hackney(m): 10:58pm On Jun 19, 2009
Hey !! aru !!
Re: All ugba lovers by ifyalways(f): 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2009
grafikdon:

Haha! I love this. I know how to hook up wicked abacha with okporoko, mangala and anara/afufa. . . grin grin unfortunately. . . I am not sure about ugba and isi ewu because I never paid attention. I do have a feeling they use the same abacha ''sauce'', perhaps with ukazi and a lot of pepper
Yes,basically same sauce.
@Topic,not a fan of ugba. undecided
call me for isi ewu,ukwu anu,abacha/Jigbo and am there. cheesy
Re: All ugba lovers by AndreUweh(m): 11:40pm On Jun 19, 2009
On a very serious note, due to modernisation, ugba trees have been greatly decimated. Ugba trees are been cleared to give rooms for building of offices, stadiums, factories, schools etc.
Development of towns is a good idea. But there should be a way the two can stay side by side. We have to preserve our natural heritage. As a consequence, NdiIgbo in nairaland can send a high-powered message to the govt and to Amb. R. Uwechue. What do you think?.
Re: All ugba lovers by presido1: 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2009
Andre Uweh:

On a very serious note, due to modernisation, ugba trees have been greatly decimated. Ugba trees are been cleared to give rooms for building of offices, stadiums, factories, schools etc.
Development of towns is a good idea. But there should be a way the two can stay side by side. We have to preserve our natural heritage. As a consequence, NdiIgbo in nairaland can send a high-powered message to the govt and to Amb. R. Uwechue. What do you think?.
Don't worry am planning an ugba plantation very close to Umuagwo along owerri-PH expressway. Very soon ima come out with the blue print. Ugba/Ugbaka tree can never go extinct while am a-life.
Re: All ugba lovers by JJYOU: 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2009
$osisi:

They sell dried ones in some African food stores which you need to soak before preparing.
the "ngu" which is the palm oil, akanwu, salt and pepper mixture must be done right,that is the secret to a good ugba
WE WILL APPLY FOR A 20NAIRA REDUCTION IMMEDIATELY.
Re: All ugba lovers by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2009
$osisi:

osisi, anyone i can find online?
Re: All ugba lovers by Hauwa1: 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2009
oh i miss it so much. can't wait to go home for a good ugba.
Re: All ugba lovers by grafikdon: 1:12am On Jun 21, 2009
davidylan:

osisi, anyone i can find online?

on. . .what? shocked shocked shocked You may have better luck finding a flying cow grin

(1) (Reply)

Obobanyi Of Ohionwa (ihima) Kogi State Is World’s Oldest Monarch / Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage / What's Offensive About The Word "Negro?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.