Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship (54256 Views)

4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog / Wrong Assumptions We Make In Life. / Pls How Much Do Authors Make In Nigeria After Publishing His\her Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 3:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
Episode 31

Mariam’s room

“I really don’t know what to tell you, besides my advice dosen’t count. Does it?” Mariam asked after listening to all i told her concerning Samuel and Emmanuel. She truly was right that her advice dosen’t count, but i still needed it notwithstanding.

“I really won’t involve myself in your affairs any longer, just follow your heart” she concluded.
___
Emmanuel really was the person my heart yearned for and following it could bring my troublesome spirit to rest, but how to make Samuel understand was another heavy burden which i truly didn’t know how to face.

It was very obvious he truly loved me, because he sacrificed alot for my happiness and even forgave me when i cheated on him. But my greatest fear was that his love could fade with time, perhaps when nature begins showing itself on me. The age difference between us wasn’t that much and i knew with time my physical appearance would change much more than his. Yea i knew it was a lame excuse but will he still love me when that happens? Can i risk waiting at least four more years for him to stand firm and be financially stable to cater for a family? What if he dosen’t get employed within that period? What if he later changes his mind about me, will i be able to make up for the lost time? Will i be able to fall in love again? Can i ever forgive myself?? No i can’t take such risk” i concluded thoughtfully.

“Campus love affairs are nothing but a fantasy life we create and plunge our youthful life in just for fun, Pride and experimentation. It mostly has no longevity”.

However, due to the great respect and commitment i felt for Samuel, i made up my mind to be with him till the end of his degree exams, because I knew i won’t be able to forgive myself if he lost concentration because of me.

But Samuel thinking all was settling for good between us began spoiling me with gifts once again. At first i declined accepting them, but he kept insisting until i finally caved in. We cooked, played and gisted like we used to.

6pm, Monday evening, two weeks later

I sat beside Emmanuel in his car, breathing quickly as i prepared myself to tell him my decision. Truly whatever agreement we were to reach that fateful evening will decide my fate and destiny. It equally was the last day he gave me to make up my mind.

“God alone knows our destiny”

“So how far?” he anxiously asked,

“I haven’t been able to decide anything” i murmured with a fast pounding heart.

“Common don’t tell me that. Have you forgotten i gave you only two weeks to decide, why are you behaving like this?” he curiously asked.

“Emmanuel, i’ll give you an answer at the end of this semester, please allow me to focus on my studies, i can’t be thinking of your proposal when i have exams to prepare” i poured out.

“I really don’t know the kind of game you are playing, seriously i don’t” he complained.

“So what’s so hard for you to wait an extra month for me to decide?” i asked.

“Because i don’t understand you and i fear i may end up killing my time for nothing” he replied.

“If you truly love me, you will be willing to take the risk” i spoke defiantly. He breathed deeply, grabbed my left hand and stared into my eyes.

“Tell me the truth, what’s happening please?” he pleaded. My lips quivered, while my bright eyes grew dim under his manly grasp.

“But for one thing, i would have said yes this instant, and gone with you to the very end of the world” i confessed.

“But what is it, Mary?” he asked, “what is it, my darling?”

“I cannot leave him, Emmanuel– I cannot leave Samuel by this hour, he’s preparing for his degree exams please be considerate. Yes i’m with him, but it’s more of a friendship thing, but you don’t have to believe me” i explained. “It is the only atonement i can offer him, i owe Samuel this reparation for the evil i have done him and i must make it till he completes his degree exams, after which i will give you the answer you so much desire” i added.

He drew nearer and kissed my trembling lips “alright i understand” he murmured coldly.

“Speak to me Emmanuel, it’s hard, i know but tell me that i’m doing the right thing” i begged. He looked down and shook his head.

“You are cruelly doing the right thing” he murmured and switched on his car engine.

“I have to get going, i really can’t stand this anymore” he quietly added. I stared at him inquisitively but couldn’t say any word to him.

I quietly alighted from his car while he furiously drove away without even bothering to give me a goodbye smile.

It really was a very painful parting and i couldn’t help but wonder if he will ever return for me…

I cried in my room as i thought over Emmanuel’s behaviour.

“Have i lost him forever?” did i miscalculate by pushing my luck to the extreme? I wondered with tears.
_____
I however devoted my time in being by Samuel’s side as his degree exams slowly drew near, equally pushing my fears and sorrows to the back of my mind.

In no time i got used to my new way of living, hiding my fears with smiles, and taking life as i saw it. Samuel equally never gave me cause to worry, he never brought up any topic that would hurt my feelings nor even mentioned Emmanuel’s name. He truly was the ideal guy for any woman but he wasn’t destined for me. I felt nothing but commitment, compassion and little respect for him.

Common Mistakes Ladies Make in a Relationship- BussyDave.com.ng

Finally the exams came and went with the speed of light. Samuel was finally a graduate. I really can’t forget the night he graduated, how happy and overjoyed he was thinking he can now focus on building his future together with me from thereon since he's now a graduate, but he guessed wrong cos my mind was made up already...I just decided to hang around him till he's done with his exam then officially quit the relationship and marry Emmanuel.

“Seriously Samuel i do appreciate your love, care and everything, but this night is going to be our last together, i have tried to develop more feelings for you but was unable to. Moreover i know your mum no longer likes me, so please tonight is our last.” I plainly poured out to a visibly surprised Samuel. He gasped, left the bed and slept on the rug without saying another word to me.
The next morning i left his room before he woke up.

Though what i did touched me, i was very glad i did it because i really couldn’t guarantee my happiness with him.
He however never did speak to me again.

He packed out of the hostel days later without bothering to notify me. I was a bit distressed because i really never wanted things to end that way between us and would have wanted for us to remain good friends.

Finally, I anxiously began waiting for Emmanuel who never showed up nor called on phone. I soon wrote my second semester exams and travelled home for christmas months later.

Three months i waited for Emmanuel, but not even a single phone call did i get from him. I lost hope, but for my pride i would have called him myself.

Perhaps he wasn’t in my destiny either.

Did he later show up?

-To be Continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-relationship-episode-31

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 3:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
Episode 32

I was cooking at the backyard when mum ran into the kitchen very excited and full of smiles.
“Guess who just visited us?” she asked happily,

“I can’t guess mum, please tell me” i begged.

“Emmanuel came with his parents, they are in the sitting room with your father” she said to me. I quickly dropped the kitchen spoon i was holding, without minding where it fell nor the rough clothes i was wearing and ran into the sitting room where dad sat with Emmanuel and his parents.

I greeted and welcomed them happily, my heart pounding furiously. Emmanuel stared at me with a smile, understanding the girlish shyness and sweet fear that had changed me into a timid girl. He stood up without wasting time.

“Mary please i have something to tell you” he calmly said to me. My face instantly flushed at his words, eyes drooping with shy, sweet happiness.

“Let’s go outside dear” he begged. I breathed deeply, looked at my dad who nodded in approval, shrugged and left the room with him.

“I have borne my impatience and pride for the last three months,” he said when we got to a lonely part of our compound; “but i now must speak to you, for i can bear it no longer, Mary. Oh, do not turn away from me! I can’t hold my pride anymore, I love you, and i want you to be my wife– my wife, darling; and i will love you– I will cherish you– I will spend my whole life in working for you, I have no hope so great, so sweet, so dear, as the hope of winning you.” he poured out.

I made no answer. Yet my silence was more eloquent than words.
“It seems a strange thing to say, but, Mary all the time i was away, my heart was really with you” he confessed. I listened with a happy smile playing round my lips, my eyes drooping, while my face flushed and turned from his.

“You are my fate, my destiny!, if only you will say yes to me. Your love would incite me to win name and fame, not for myself but for you. Your love would crown a king. I beg of you, say yes to me this instant. Surely great love wins great love and there could be no greater love than mine” he begged desperately.

It was at this stage that our eyes met. The next moment he clasped me to his heart, pouring out a torrent of passionate words– such words, so tender, so loving, so full of passion and hope, that my face grew pale as i trembled and listened.

“It’s love that makes life. Only to think, my darling, that you and i may spend every hour of it together. Just say yes to me and by Easter we will get married” he proposed.

I raised my eyes to the fair, calm heavens, and infinite happiness filled my soul, a deep, silent prayer ascended unspoken from my heart.

“Yes Emmanuel i accept you” i finally opened up with tears.

He smiled happily as we hugged each other, but deep down i still felt an uncertain fear.

With a whimper of relief he smiled at me. His face was absolutely ashen, his lips white, as he pulled me savagely into his arms, folding me into the safety of his body, cradling my head, then cupping my face in his hands and tilting it upwards.

His eyes moved feverishly over my face as if he wanted to reassure himself i was really there.

“Thank God” he murmured as he bent his head, pressing his lips to my hair.
“I thought i’d lost you again” he confessed.

“But what kept you away for so long?” i asked curiously,

“It was my pride my dear, it ate me up like a terminal disease, but i eventually overcame it and came running with my parents. How do i make up for my complete and utter crassness?” he asked remorsefully. I looked away.

“I got this for you……” He said, as he let go of me for a moment, pulling out something from his pocket,

“Now i want to do it properly, before anything else happens to come between us” he smiled as he held out his hand. In the centre of his palm lay a golden ring.

‘Mary—‘ he pulled me gently back into his arms.

‘I love you—‘ he murmured.

“I will forever love you, cherish you–”
“Comfort you, protect you…..” he kissed my middle finger.
“Honour you and make endless fantastic love with you for all the days of my life.” Holding up my third finger, he slid the ring onto it.
“If you will have me” He prayed. Through a shimmering veil of tears, i gave a soft laugh…….

I was so happy, and so thrilled, because all my dreams were coming to past. What else could i wish for?

Together we walked into the sitting room to break the joyful news to our dear old parents.

Emmanuel made the necessary first payment which showed that he has reached an agreement with my family, just like our custom demanded, before collecting the list of items required for our traditional marriage, Promising to show up three weeks later for the first stage of Introduction......
Unluckily it never happened as we planned.

Precisely two weeks later, I got a very terrible news which almost killed me.

Hmmmm it truly wasn’t the kind of news i was expecting at that stage of my life, neither is it the kind of news you guys are eager to read.

-To be continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-32
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by kenchukscole(m): 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Breathtaking, suspense filled... Hope it's not what am thinking.. Waiting eagerly for the next episode.. More ink to your biro...

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by jacy67(f): 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
Great story with loads of lessons.

I love how it turned out for Mary. Am not a sadist but sometimes we humans do not always appreciate what we have already.

2 Likes

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
Olajhidey22:

Thanks Maiconyoung.....I noticed you've been a regular follower, God bless.
Don't worry, i will surely tag you on my next story.....
And thanks for bringing to my notice those 2 episode that were not updated on my blog. Its been resolved now, hope you are aware?

Thanks for being there always and don't forget to Keep following!!
i noticed nd i hve read dem, thnks 4 d update

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by OYAY(m): 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
You have really done well and articulate the story serially and sequentially to give a nice thought provoking,lesson filled prose! Welldone.

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by fumnez(f): 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
lovely. Anyway dnt tell me its bad

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 9:07am On Jan 28, 2016
OYAY:
You have really done well and articulate the story serially and sequentially to give a nice thought provoking,lesson filled prose! Welldone.

Thanks for the compliment. Am glad you love the story smiley
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 9:10am On Jan 28, 2016
kenchukscole:
Breathtaking, suspense filled... Hope it's not what am thinking.. Waiting eagerly for the next episode.. More ink to your biro...

Thanks kenchukscole for reading though! smiley....Endeavour to stay tune till the very last episode and encourage me the more by leaving a comment on my blog www.bussydave.com.ng;)
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 9:12am On Jan 28, 2016
jacy67:
Great story with loads of lessons.

I love how it turned out for Mary. Am not a sadist but sometimes we humans do not always appreciate what we have already.

Am glad you love the story....Hoping you follow through till the end of the story smiley
Thanks for coming by and please encourage me more by dropping a comment on my blog! www.bussydave.com.ng
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 9:16am On Jan 28, 2016
Maiconyoung:
i noticed nd i hve read dem, thnks 4 d update

Thanks pal! smiley
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 9:19am On Jan 28, 2016
fumnez:
lovely. Anyway dnt tell me its bad

You will get to know soon, but believe me; its not something you are expecting @fumnez wink
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2016
Episode 33

Mum walked into the sitting room, with a heavily coloured and drawn face. My heart leapt as i noticed her condition.

“Mum! are you alright?” i asked curiously,

“Don’t mind me jare, i just received a very terrible news from a relative” she replied and walked to her room. I nervously ran after her.

“Just let me be dear, your dad will be in a better position to break the news to you” she begged when she saw me enter her room. Her words panicked and got me more curious, instead of calming me like she expected.

“Mum you are now getting me more worried” i held her hands, staring into her eyes. My heart pounded furiously as i wondered what could make her look so sick and nervous.

“Mum i insist you tell me, please” i begged and shook her hands.

“Alright fetch me a glass of water, i’m very thirsty” she ordered. I ran to the kitchen, filled a glass cup with water and ran back to her room.

She smiled reassuringly after drinking the water, breathed heavily and caressed my hair,
“I will tell you the news i just got, my dear. It really isn’t terrible like i earlier said, but just a bit surprising. So promise me you will behave like a proper lady when i open up to you” she asked of me.

“I promise i will behave mum” i managed to mutter anxiously.

“Emmanuel has a child, do you know?” she broke the news to me like a question. I couldn’t believe my ears.

“Which Emmanuel?” i asked fearfully,

“Your Emmanuel of course” she replied, “we had to ask around, in order to get first hand information about the family we are giving out our daughter to, and ended up getting this piece of information from a relative married in his Village” she explained, while i bit my lips as sadness, disbelief and pain instantly filled my heart.
Mum clearly understood my condition, drew my head to her chest and patted me like a baby.

“You shouldn’t feel very bad, you can still go ahead with the marriage if you love him well enough to overlook the little hindrance. The child is a girl and i heard the parents never accepted both the little girl and her mother” she consoled me,

“Mum please don’t talk like that” i cried, “how did it even happen?” i heard myself asking.

“According to my source, she said he got the girl pregnant before going for his NYSC. That should make the child a year or more, i guess” she replied. I felt empty, sad and weak.

“No wonder he was very anxious to marry me quickly and his mum even hid it from me” I cried bitterly. …

I FELT PLAYED AND BETRAYED, very uncertain of my future with him. It was at this point i knew i had lost my future and i regretted ever leaving Samuel the more.

-To Be Continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-33
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2016
Episode 34

The next evening, Emmanuel was in our house as if someone alerted him of what we discovered. He came straight to my room, sat on the bed and stared at me nervously. I sat up and stared back at him with a ferocious look, breathing heavily as i tried so hard to control my emotions.

“Dearie please calm down, the love i have for you is very sincere, listen to me darling, please listen to me” he pleaded nervously.

“You are just so heartless. You thought you could hide such a big scandal from me didn’t you, or have you cooked up another lie, common spin it out” i said angrily. He shuddered as my words hit him hard, forcing him to look down remorsefully.

“I couldn’t get myself to tell you about it because i was very scared of your reaction, i couldn’t risk losing you over a silly mistake” he murmured earnestly, “the girl was a mistake and i have nothing to do with the mother anymore, please believe me. It was only a one night stand i regret ever doing, please don’t judge me over it. Judge me for who i’m and not for who i was please” he begged,

“I want to see the little girl and her mother. I want to see them before i say anything else to you” i requested seriously. His hands shook as he tried to hold my waist, he breathed deeply and stared at me curiously.

“Don’t tell me you are already changing your mind over us?” he asked with a coloured face. I scoffed and looked away.

“I’m not happy with you and i have nothing else to say till i see your little daughter and her mum” I concluded bitterly.

“This is so unfair Mary, why do you insist on seeing them? I can’t let you see them, i just can’t” he murmured sadly, while i forced out a dry smile.

I demanded to see the girl and her mother because i wanted to get first hand information, concerning the level of relationship they enjoy with him. Moreover i really couldn’t bear standing between anyone’s happiness especially when a child is involved. I hate seeing a child grow up without a father. I know to some people it matters not, but to me it matters alot.

“What you are asking of me is very outrageous, i can’t do it. Moreover they are not living with me and i can’t take you to her house” he explained seriously,

“Then invite her to yours or somewhere conducive for us to meet” i insisted.

“Meet over what?”, “and what exactly do you expect me to tell her huh?, that my fiancee want’s to see her, you are very insensitive to another person’s plight, you only think about yourself which isn’t good.” “I understood and was reasonable with you when you were virtually living with Samuel, why can’t you respect my feelings?, infact i can’t stand you this evening, i’m leaving” he poured out angrily, stood up and left the room, while i silently reflected over his words.

“Oh my God, he just accused me of being insensitive and selfish. Is he right?” i gasped and wondered.

Mum ran into my room few minutes later, with concern written all over her face,

“Hope you weren’t hard on him?” she curiously asked, while i picked my nose.

“The poor boy is in bad shape, looking very troubled and sad in the sitting room. Tell me, what did you say to him?” she inquired seriously.

“I only asked to see his daughter before deciding anything, but he suddenly grew very intense and annoying. Imagine the boldness” I complained to Mum, who calmly sat beside me, held my left hand and smiled at me.

“You should have been more understanding and diplomatic with your request. Go talk to him dear, I believe you guys can sort things out or are you changing your mind about him already?” She asked. I rolled my eyes and smiled at her.

“Oh mum don’t ask me that question, but the truth is that i can’t help but feel for the child and her mother. I can’t imagine what he told the poor girl before doing the deed which got her pregnant” I explained.

“You are right my dear” she said with a nod, “You are always very considerate of other people’s feelings” she said softly. I smiled,

“But Emmanuel just accused me of being selfish and insensitive” i murmured,

“Oh please, go and settle with him jare” she stood up and dragged me to the sitting room, where Emmanuel sat with a drawn face. I quietly sat beside him, mum smiled and left us alone.

“I’m very sorry for being rude, i never intended to disrespect you nor hurt your feelings, but as your future wife it’s my duty to know everything about you and i believe i have every right to know your daughter and her mother, please don’t deny that to me, i beg of you” I pleaded calmly with all my heart. He looked away thoughtfully, breathed deeply and stared into my eyes.

“Alright your wish will be granted, you leave me with no choice than to make it happen, but i do have a very bad feeling about it” he said with a forced smile, while i heaved a sigh of relief.
“I will invite her to my apartment in town on Saturday, but i will be here on Friday evening to pick you up” He added.

“No dear, i’ll prefer you come on Saturday morning so i can bring my school things along” i requested humbly.

“Alright i will be here very early on Saturday” he accepted with a dry smile.
_______
“It wasn’t that hard after all, was it?” mum asked with a smile as soon as he left. I rolled my eyes and ran to the kitchen without answering her, praying silently that things work out between Emmanuel and i, because with the direction things were heading, i really was a bit scared of my future with him.

Nervously, i waited for Saturday which slowly approached like a snail. I woke up that fateful day with a huge boil under my armpit.

Creepy isn’t it?

-To be continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-34
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 9:30am On Jan 28, 2016
Episode 35

Emmanuel showed up by 7:30am, beaming with smiles as he walked into our house.

“Please don’t be too hard on him or to yourself my dear. Behave like a good girl which you are, okay!” “i will be expecting you next weekend” Mum advised as she kissed me goodbye.

I finally left our house that fateful Saturday morning with Emmanuel, who had a new aura of self confidence in him. Silently he drove to the capital, while my thoughts kept me company as i thought about school, my future, my life and even about Samuel.

“Who knows how he is?” i wondered with mixed feelings.

He silently drove without bringing up any conversation, till we got to my hostel, an hour and half later.

“This place surely brings back memories” he murmured with a smile as he killed the car engine.

“Surely it does” i responded before alighting. He dutifully helped me carry up my luggages and organize my room. Fifteen minutes later, we headed to his apartment which was just few kilometers away from my lodge. It really was the first time i was visiting his apartment, and even though he wasn’t a stranger to me, i still felt a bit nervous, which made him stare at me curiously, as soon as we arrived.

“My dear why do you look so intense?” he asked with a smile,

“Because it’s the first time i’m visiting a place you rented with your money” i replied with a smile. He scratched his head and laughed.

“So my family house you visited months ago isn’t mine abi?” he joked. I smiled silently.

His three bedroom apartment really was very simple and a bit scanty, perhaps because he was yet to save enough money for adequate furnishing. The chairs in the sitting room were plastic chairs, however a plasma screen television, sound system and some simple gadgets adorned it.

My heart skipped five beats when i got to his kitchen and saw lots of dirty dishes pilled up in a big basin, waiting to be washed. I had no choice than to get to work immediately, even though he weakly objected.

“I’m the happiest man in the world right now, you are so lovely, so beautiful, so enchanting, i will forever worship you” he kept singing, with hands in his trouser pocket as i did the dishes.

“When is she coming?” I asked after a while, interrupting his praises. He glanced at his watch and shrugged.

“She should be here by now, she promised to show up before 11am, now it's past twelve” he replied.

“Hope you didn’t trick me into coming to your house?” I asked suspiciously.

“Of course not” he answered innocently.
________
At exactly 2pm his phone rang,

“She’s at the door” he said to me after answering the phone call, rushed to the entrance door and opened it. My eyes followed him expectantly, while my heart pounded very fast.

A young girl soon walked into the sitting room carrying a child with her. She froze as our eyes met, while my heart melted with pity.

She looked so young and beautiful, but was wrapped up in sadness.

“I’m so glad you came” Emmanuel said to her with a quick smile. She nodded and stared at me suspiciously.

“Meet my fiancee Mary” he introduced me to her, “Mary meet Stella the mother of my daughter” he said to me. I rose up polietly, reached out and made to carry her baby, but she drew back and stared at me murderously. Tears quickly formed in her eyes, while her lips shook.

“What? Jeez I can’t believe my ears, your what?” she asked Emmanuel, who instantly looked away, placing his right hand on his head.

“You are his fiancee eeh?” she asked, facing me angrily,

“Yea and i asked him to invite you so we could straighten things out” i murmured nervously,

“Straighten what?? You must be mad if you think you can involve me in your little prank. He abandoned his responsibility for your sake and you are now here playing the saint. I’m not a fool sis. I’m not” she sobbed.

“Calm down dear, i have your interest at heart, sit down let’s talk please” i begged.

“I can’t calm down, and i can’t stand this scene either. I’m leaving this moment, but i assure you that i will be back. Go ahead be his fiancee, enjoy yourself” she poured out with tears, before running out of the sitting room with her child. Her action and tears really touched my spirit, but i equally was a bit angry at her for not calming down and listening to me.

“You have now seen for yourself what i have been avoiding. I knew it wasn’t a good idea getting you to meet her. You see?” Emmanuel murmured bitterly, while i looked up at him searchingly.

“Now what do you think?” he asked,

“I don’t just know, but i’m having a very bad feeling right now” i replied calmly. He quickly drew close and held me.

“I think it’s better we get married before Easter. Let’s move our wedding forward, i can start making the necessary arrangments instantly” he proposed nervously. I breathed deeply, raising my eyebrows.

“I think it’s better we shift it farther, perhaps move it to December” i said thoughtfully, while he gasped with disbelief, “or maybe till we settle issues with her” i added cautiously,

“What’s there to settle with her eeh?” he asked sadly.

“A lot my dear, a lot, because i don’t believe she will just sit calmly and watch us get married” i replied with a quick smile. He quietly sat on the floor, looking dejected and sad like a man who just lost a big fortune.

Even though i appeared calm and relaxed, i was equally far from being pleased with the direction i feared our relationship was heading.

I felt like visiting a fortune teller that moment.

-To Be Continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-35
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 9:32am On Jan 28, 2016
Episode 36

I finally kept away my fears and prepared soup and stew for him. Emmanuel however stayed with me in the kitchen, cracking silly jokes as i cooked.

At exactly 6pm, after i was done cooking and resting, i rose up to leave,

“I have to start going” I said to a surprised Emmanuel, who quickly drew close and held me.

“Why the rush? I thought you are spending the night here? Tomorrow is still sunday” he murmured pleadingly,

“I know but i just don’t want to spend the night here” i replied with a frown. But before he could insist, someone knocked on his door.

“Who could it be?” he asked. I scoffed and rolled my eyes,

“Who are you asking eeh?” i asked him. He smiled, walked to the door and opened it.

I felt a funny sensation as soon as he got to his door which made me walk up to him. I got beside him and stared at the door way, there stood Stella standing with her baby in her arms.

I froze with surprise and shock, while the girl stared at me coldly,

“I never knew you are still around” she said to me coldly. I breathed deeply, forcing out a smile.

“Oh yea, i’m still here” i replied, grabbed Emmanuel by the waist and rested my weight on him. She shifted her gaze to Emmanuel who was yet to mutter any word.

“Too bad because i have no where to spend the night and my little daughter is hungry” She added seriously. Emmanuel instantly looked at me while i shrugged. I knew the unfortunate girl was out to make trouble, but i wasn’t in the mood to oblige her, moreover every decision was on Emmanuel to make.

“Won’t you guys let me in?” she asked curiously. I rolled my eyes, bit my lips and returned to my chair. She shoved Emmanuel aside, and entered the sitting room, using her baby as a shield.

I stared at the young girl speechlessly, clueless on how to follow her up, while Emmanuel walked up to her with a drawn face.

“I don’t know your plans, but you are not spending the night in this apartment” he said to her. But she simply scoffed and smiled.

“May God protect you from yourself, you are now deceiving this young girl the way you deceived me. Anyway come and carry me out if you can, i’m ready for you” she dared him bravely. But unfortunately her eyes betrayed her with tears.

“Stop being obnoxious and uncivil, it isn’t going to get you anywhere” i advised her with a frown.

“Stay out of this, it’s none of your business” she fired back furiously,

“It’s my business dear, because i forced him to invite you” i replied. She scoffed, dropped her child on the floor and advanced towards me.

“You want to make it your business right? So shall it be” she threatened murderously, while i shook with fright. It was very obvious she was extremely angry and dangerous. Judging by how furious she was, i knew i was no match to her.

Emmanuel instantly came forward, grabbed her from behind and dragged her towards the door. She shoved and resisted but Emmanuel’s grip was stronger. With a last minute ferocious move, she levelled her two legs against the wall as soon as Mike got her to the door, using the wall as leverage to send him backwards.

Emmanuel staggered backwards loosening his grip a little, which gave the angry girl an opportunity to bite his hands without mercy.

He screamed with surprise as he felt her bite, flunging her away from his body, before descending on her with two slaps, which brought out a loud scream from the fighting girl. But instead of backing out, she launched yet another attack, diving forward with intention of jerking him through the mid section. A very silly move which earned her a knock out punch from an angry Emmanuel.

She fell backwards, grabbing her jaw as tears freely flowed down her eyes. Her little baby began crying that moment, moving my fragile heart and getting me more confused, as i contemplated on going for the child or not.

Emmanuel advanced towards her again to render more finishing blows, but i sprang up and held him.

“I will have none of this Emmanuel, what has gotten into you?” i asked nervously,

“I’m merely defending myself from this witch, don’t you see she could have easily taken me out?” he answered angrily.

“You laid your hands on me Emmanuel? You guys don’t know me yet, i will be back shortly” The angry girl threatened and left the house, leaving her baby behind.

A cold shiver instantly ran down my spine.

“What’s she up to?” i wondered fearfully. I knew Emmanuel also asked himself the same question.

What was her plan?

-To be Continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-36
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 10:17am On Jan 28, 2016
Episode 37

“What do we do dear, what do we do?” i nervously asked as i picked up the crying child.

“I don’t know my dear, i guess we have to wait for her to come for the child, hope you ain’t planning on leaving me here alone?” he asked fearfully.

“Of course not, how do you think i will leave this child with you” i answered. He heaved a sigh of relief.

Anxiously we waited for Stella to show up, the clock soon struck 7:00pm, but she was yet to return. 8:00pm i got very worried and anxious,

“What if she isn’t coming for her baby?” i asked Emmanuel who simply shrugged with confusion.

“There is no way she could have left for the village by that hour, i have a feeling she’s at her brother’s apartment. Her elder brother is a police A.S.P, a graduate in police uniform” he explained lightly. I simply stared at him, extremely shaken and confused.

“I think i still remember the house address the brother once gave me when i was settling her case with the family, i will return the child first thing tomorrow” he added with a blank expression.

“Seriously Emmanuel, how did you get yourself involved with such obnoxious girl eeh?” i asked curiously. He silently scratched his head and shrugged.

“It’s a long story my dear. A very terrible mistake which is slowly eating me up like cancer” he muttered weakly, collasped on a chair and sighed. My stomach growled and bit, i was very hungry but had no appetite whatsoever to eat. I knew Emmanuel equally felt the same way.

Exactly 8:38pm, we heard gentle knocks on the entrance door. Emmanuel breathed deeply, stood up and opened his door. I instantly gasped as i saw him leap backwards, while two uniformed policemen jumped into the room, grabbing his trouser by the waist, another guy on mufti gently walked in with Stella by his side.

“There she is” i heard Stella say, pointing at me, “she’s the lady that orchestrated the whole plan to steal my child” she said to the policemen. My heart instantly skipped five beats, i felt like disappearing that moment.

“What’s happening, how dare you guys barge into my house to intimidate me, i know my rights” Emmanuel yelled.

“Then you have to start calling your lawyers, because you are in for a very big case”, “Assault and battery, attempted murder and child theft, my friend you ain’t getting easily away this time. You can’t humiliate my younger sister and get away with it whatever be her fault” The guy on mulfi barked angrily, while the two policemen, dragged us into a waiting police Van.

My first visit to Emmanuel’s apartment was a big disaster, it earned me a night at the police station.

Emmanuel was thrown into the cell as soon as we arrived at the police station, while i was left to cool off at the counter behind the reception desk.

“I just don’t want to punish you further because just like my sister, you are equally an unfortunate victim in this whole mess, if not i would have thrown you into one of the cells as well” Stella’s brother said to me. I nodded gratefully and thanked him.
“Yes sir, thank you sir” i murmured nervously.

My thoughts kept me company all through the night as i wondered what Emmanuel’s fate would be. By the look of things, i saw that Stella and her brother were very ready for a tough battle. Mosquitoes however never allowed me to think properly, i kept slapping myself as i battled them all through that restless night. I was in a very terrible state the following morning, which luckily arrived very fast.

Fortunately for us, stella’s brother arrived the station very early, and sent for us. I hastily walked into his office, while Emmanuel was dragged in minutes later. He looked tired, scared and nervous, but fortunately his body wasn’t in anyway tampered with.

“You know before i joined the police force, i used to be a very bad player?. I did everything unthinkable just to get down with a girl, but i never for once laid my hands on any girl nor got any pregnant. You know why?, Because i used my head” he lectured Emmanuel with a smile, “I’m so sorry mister, but you went too far with my sister this time around, and i’m going to deal with you to the extent you end up losing your job. You know banks hate getting involved in scandals huh?” He asked Emmanuel, who instantly frowned and looked away.

“I already have mapped out my plans, first i will call the press and some popular bloggers i know, give them the story i prepared about you with the caption, “BANKER COOLING OFF IN POLICE CELL AFTER TRYING TO KILL GIRLFRIEND”, OR “BANKER TRIES TO KILL AN INNOCENT EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL IN HIS APARTMENT” or better still, “BANKER TRIES TO KILL BABY MAMA FOR ANOTHER” he tilted his head sideways and poured out evily, while i gasped.

“What do you think will become of your job after such news is made public, or what do you think the state prosecutor will do after learning of such case?” He asked with a mischievous smile. The look on Emmanuel’s face was terrible, it was very obvious he was extremely scared. He looked like someone who just saw a ghost.

“I have evidence, plus pictures of my sister’s battered face and doctor’s report” he continued.

“Please what is it you want?” Emmanuel nervously asked, interrupting him. The young police officer simply licked his lips and smiled.

“Hmmmm what do i want?” Stella’s brother repeated and scoffed.
“You used my sister, got her pregnant, made her unmarriageable, abandoned and broke her heart, I kept quiet and never for a day challenged you.” “When my parents managed to fetch you for talks, you showed up, claimed responsibility and disappeared like a ghost, i still never bothered you”, “I took care of my sister without complaining, but i guess because of our soft nature and the way we handled everything, you thought you could do as you like, thereby further insulting my family by inviting the innocent girl to your house, so as to beat her up and snatch her baby” he poured out calmly, while Emmanuel nervously watched him like a rat watching a friendly cat.

“What do you expect me to ask for eeh?” he asked Emmanuel, who simply shrugged silently.

“I can’t force you to marry my sister, neither can i allow you to walk away from your responsibility over her and the little girl” he added seriously.

“But this isn’t a case settled in the police station, can’t we do it elsewhere, like in your house or village?” Emmanuel asked pleadingly,

“Oh yes, but i don’t trust you, moreover my sister is the person pressing charges and i fear you might spend more time here with us” he replied with an evil smile.

“Oh goodness me! i beg of you, don’t do this to me, i can’t afford to skip work even for a day, please” Emmanuel begged nervously, while i nodded in support.

“Alright, but there is still one more thing you have to do, if i’m to allow you guys to leave” the young officer added and licked his lips.

“You have to sign some papers, it’s just like an undertaking which you have to accept, before i let you have your freedom” he added as he brought out two envelopes, which he placed before Emmanuel.

“All you have to do is just to sign both of them, you go with one copy, i keep the second copy for myself” he explained as Emmanuel went through the papers.

“You don’t expect me to sign this crap do you?” i soon heard Emmanuel ask with a raised tone.
“How do you expect me to suspend my upcoming wedding, till i settle issues with your sister?” he asked angrily.

“Oooh so the wedding rumors are true??,” “yes sir, my request is very reasonable, because that’s what any sane man will do. For the sake of my family’s pride and for the sake of tradition, you have every reason to sit down and settle with us, before rushing into another marriage, moreover which church will wed you when you are yet to resolve your problems eeh?, my friend you better sign the two papers, because it’s that or nothing” the young officer sprang up and barked loudly, hitting the table with his fist. My heart skipped a hundred times over.

It just looked as if someone was blowing an air of misfortune towards my happiness.

How will this whole issh end?

We'll find out soon!

-To be continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-37
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 10:20am On Jan 28, 2016
Episode 38

“I hope my girl is free to leave?” Emmanuel asked quietly with his eyes on me. The young officer calmed himself, sat on his chair and breathed deeply as he stared at me.

“She’s free to leave, i have nothing against her for the moment, but i will be forced to involve her if we are unable to reach an agreement” he replied. Emmanuel instantly smiled at me,

“Hope you heard him baby?, you are free to go outside and wait for me” he said while i blushed and shook my head.

“Don’t worry about me, i think it’s better i sit here and listen to everything” I replied with a calm smile. He shook his head and stared into my eyes.

“I insist dear, please go outside and wait for me, please i beg of you” he pleaded seriously. I breathed deeply, stood up and left the officer’s office without another word. I really wasn’t happy that he asked me to leave, because i was keenly following the whole drama like a soap opera. Perhaps he did it to protect me, or did it to hide something from me, time will tell.

As i angrily left the police building, i ran into stella at the entrance . She smiled as soon as she saw me and stopped,

“HI friend good morning!” she greeted. I felt like ignoring her, but my anger overcame me. I stopped and stared at her furiously.

“What’s good about the morning?” I asked angrily,

“Oh a lot dear, today’s Sunday don’t you know?, Oh how would you remember since you spent your night in a good hotel huh” she replied with a smile.

“Whatever you are planning, just know that bad things doesn't last, you will be judged for your actions, better know that” i preached and made to leave, but she strongly held my right hand, which surprised and stopped me.

“Where is your child p-----t? You want to fight me again huh?” I asked with burning eyes. She scoffed and shrugged.

“Come on babe cool off, we should be friends instead of enemies” she said with a changed tone,

“I don’t have your time, so please get behind me” i yelled and turned to leave.

“Whether you like it or not, you will be seeing more of my presence and i advise you leave that obnoxious Emmanuel and make something good out of your life now you still have the time, because i will make his life miserable and burn who ever stands on my way. I think i have given you fair warning my lady. Emmanuel spoiled my life and i won’t stop until i spoil his” she threatened seriously. I froze for a while, meditated over her words and walked away silently.

A new fear erupted in my heart. I had no doubt she was serious with her threats.

“Can i stand her? what else is she planning?, is there something i’m yet to find out about Emmanuel?” i wondered fearfully, my legs shook while my heart pounded furiously.

I calmly left the police station and waited for Emmanuel in a shop close by. I anxiously waited for forty five minutes, but he failed to show up.
Nervously i returned to the station, with my heart pounding furiously, fear engulfing me immensely. But luckily i met him at the entrance door, the spot i earlier had a little confrontation with Stella. I heaved a sigh of relief as i stared into his eyes.

Stella’s brother was standing by his side, they stared at me for a while without saying anything.

“You are free to go, but do know that my eyes are on you” He finally said to Emmanuel as they shook hands,

“No problem” Emmanuel murmured, held my hand and made to walk away with me.

“Can i have a word with you please” I heard Stella’s brother ask with his eyes on me. I stared at him nervously, breathed deeply and shrugged.

“Okay” i muttered and walked towards him, while Emmanuel watched suspiciously,

“You have seen nothing of what we call life’; your boyfriend is false in heart, in mind, in soul; he has a false flattering tongue, false lips, false principles, you better be careful” he advised seriously, surprising me with his bluntness.

“You better watch your tongue mister” Emmanuel instantly barked, reached out and dragged me away,

“Don’t mind the idiot” he nervously said to me as we left the police station.
We said nothing to each other until we arrived at his apartment minutes later.

“So how did you finally settle with them?, did you sign the papers?” I asked curiously. He breathed deeply, and shook his head,

“Please i rather not talk about it. Please” i heard him say,

“But i have every right to know, don’t I?” i asked,

“Please let me be, i’m very hungry” he murmured with an angry tone.
_______

Without another word, i dutifully prepared and served breakfast, which he ate hungrily. My thoughts kept wandering to and fro as i watched him eat. I wasn’t as hungry as he was, because my heavy mind blocked my apetite.

“I’m still eager to know how you settled with him?” I anxiously asked, hiding my anxiety with a calm smile,

“I’m telling you no story, so please bother me no more. I have enough problems already” he replied coldly. I stared at him angrily, stood up and bit my lips.

“I think you are hiding something nasty from me, it’s better you open up now or?” I threatened with a raised voice.

“Or what?, Mary give me some space please, i’m choking” he replied defiantly, getting me extremely annoyed with his comment.

“Fine, I’m leaving, you know where to find me, bye” I shouted at him, grabbed my bag and ran out of his apartment. I was extremely angry and downcasted, i felt very bad because he treated me like an insignificant child. I understood his problems were telling on him, but to be treated in such undignifying manner was something i couldn’t stand. He equally never cared to run after me nor call me back.
I was almost in tears when i got back to my lodge minutes later.

Fate however added salt to my wound, by making me run into Samuel as i ran up the stairs with tears in my eyes.

I froze in shock as i stared at him, got hold of myself, looked away and ran past him to my room, but he surprisingly came after me, catching up with me as i stopped to unlock my door.

“happy Sunday Mary” he greeted politely,

“Hello Samuel” i murmured nervously. He breathed deeply, drew close and studied me silently. Luckily, i managed to open my door that moment, and rushed into my room without another word. He however joined me in my room, throwing me into great tension with his undesirable behaviour.

He really was the last person i expected to see or talk to that moment and I equally was extremely ashamed that he saw me in a very terrible condition. My heart pounded furiously as i fell face first on my bed, backing him rudely, and praying silently for him to leave, but my prayers weren’t answered. He simply stood calmly, and waited for me to get hold of myself.

“Please let me be, i’m not myself please” i finally heard myself say to him.

“You look very troubled, dejected, broken and lost, what is happening to you?” he asked curiously. I bit my lips and sighed deeply,

“Sam please leave me alone, i’m very tired and weak” i murmured, sat up and faced him with a coloured face. His eyes melted as he looked into mine, he came forward and squatted by my side,

“Did he hurt you again?, tell me, what did he do to you? I see pain and unhappiness in your eyes?” he asked searchingly, making me blush and look away. I was extremely embarrassed and ashamed.

“Why should you care, please leave” i said to him, but he calmly shook his head and held my hands,

“Old things has come to pass my dear, this is new year and ‘A New Year Brings a New Beginning’, so don’t worry about the past, you can still count on me for anything” he sweetly said, while i looked into his eyes and saw hope. The only thing missing that moment was a soap opera music.

Can you guess what happened next?

-To Be Continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-38
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 10:38am On Jan 28, 2016
Read the last three episode on my blog and leave your thought comments and criticism behind!

This will help me improve better on my next line of story (it talks on valentine love) and other subsequent stories which i will be writing on.

Your comment is highly needed on my blog please after you are done reading the stories.

Here are the links to the last three (3) episodes.....

Episode 39: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-39

Episode 40: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-40

Episode 41: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-41

Do well by leaving your comments, thoughts and crtiticism behind...

Thanks!

Facebook Page...www.facebook.com/bussydave
Twitter Handle: www.twitter.com/bussy_dave

You can also add me on facebook: www.faceook.com/oduniyijide

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Missmossy(f): 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
Eyah.. ..too bad!!!

Beautiful piece. Kudos.

2 Likes

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 7:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
Missmossy:
Eyah.. ..too bad!!!

Beautiful piece. Kudos.

Thanks Missmossy! Just sighting you here... smiley
Am glad you not only came by to read and enjoy the story but you left a comment behind

Thumbs up Miss smiley smiley
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
You guys can also check out this link for a very interesting story i updated last year incase you miss it.....Check this link http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2015/11/hear-my-story/
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olaide59(f): 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
Wow! What a wonderful story. I really learnt a lot from it. God bless u bro

2 Likes

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
Olaide59:
Wow! What a wonderful story. I really learnt a lot from it. God bless u bro

Amen..Thanks for reading though Olaide smiley
Am glad you learnt one or two things from the story

Do endeavour to visit my blog www.bussydave.com.ng often so you wont miss out when another story has been updated.

Thanks! smiley
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 10:13am On Feb 01, 2016
Free recharge card to be won on my blog every month...Read here for the details http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/02/february-bonaza-earn-every-month-from-this-blog

Hurry up before its too late!!!
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by jacy67(f): 1:16pm On Feb 01, 2016
I've leant a lot of lessons from your stories.
Sometimes we're guilty of being selfish that we don't care about how people that are close to us may be hurting. When offered a second chance, we think we're beyond redemption and not deserve forgiveness.

Mary had a lot of opportunities to love Samuel as he loved her.
But she tossed it to the player and time waster.

4 Likes

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 5:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
jacy67:
I've leant a lot of lessons from your stories.
Sometimes we're guilty of being selfish that we don't care about how people that are close to us may be hurting. When offered a second chance, we think we're beyond redemption and not deserve forgiveness.

Mary had a lot of opportunities to love Samuel as he loved her.
But she tossed it to the player and time waster.

Am glad you learnt one or two things.....Thanks for reading through jacy67...Endeavour to stay tune to my blog for more stories smiley
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by jacy67(f): 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
Olajhidey22:

Am glad you learnt one or two things.....Thanks for reading through jacy67...Endeavour to stay tune to my blog for more stories smiley

Thought provoking stories I must say. I've read all and they are simply amazing

2 Likes

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by catalan15(m): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
9ice story,well done....

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
catalan15:
9ice story,well done....

Thanks for reading through catalan15 smiley
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by oluwaphizzy(m): 11:25am On Nov 29, 2016
Olajhidey22:
Don't just read through; you can drop a comment here or on my blog directly.www.bussydave.com.ng

Thanks pal!
am reading this story for the first time and its very interesting.....more grease to your elbow olajhidey22...hw can we chat privately
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
oluwaphizzy:
am reading this story for the first time and its very interesting.....more grease to your elbow olajhidey22...hw can we chat privately

You can leave your whatsapp contact... I'll reach you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Common Grammatical Errors We Make In Our Everyday English / IFY - A Romantic Thriller / "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.