Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. (22049 Views)

"Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims / Life Is Like A Millionaire / My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by waveskaaya(m): 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
thats rule number 1 bro.blessed
Letsgoandfuck:
It is not your fault that you were born poor. But. It's gonna be your big fault if you die poor. -Bill Gates 2018

1 Like

Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by yungpowers(m): 5:48pm On Jan 12, 2016
May Amadioha strike that anu ohia nwuru anwu mod of a thing that banned me since 2015.
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by Kala11(m): 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
Ok
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
Nice one @OP.

Proud example here.

1 Like

Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by plainmirror(m): 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
adajiboyy:
Don't let no one,ur situation,ur enviroument deter u from pusuing ur dreams.I no wat it fills lik to cum from a poor home nd I no how it fills to b making it gradually and look back and u just can't help it but to cry.I never even reach sef.ma journey still far.until I buy my mama a G wagon,until I build house for lekki and until I wed CINTIA then I no am dere.but now we dey try small small and all thanks to JAH.

Nice one bro, buh the very moment you feel u hv arrived (complacency) look up and another ladder will surface.
Bottomline--- life is a race with no finish line.

1 Like

Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by anonimi: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
firstking01:
king solomon said in one of his epistles that, a living dog is better than a dead lion...now, this was a man who has everything life could offer at his feet, yet he made such coments??, think about this friends...all his trying to say was, as long as you have breath in you, you can hit your goal in life...the most important thing is, you are still alive...
CHALLENGES...Ofcourse, be prepared to face the biggest confrontations in life...you that came from a very low family background, be rest assured that your challenges would tripple the man who came from a wealthy family background...so, you must fasten your seat belt because the road indeed would be rough...have this at the back of you mind, so you won't be taken unawares when the challenges starts coming...

Great post to inspire those who wish to be inspired and have the MATCHING courage & determination to translate their wish into reality through concerted action.

Let me just add some wise sayings I picked up relating to the above excerpts:

- When there is life there is hope.

- The skin of a silver spoon child shines from very early on in life while that of the child without silver spoon MAY shine later on in life.

- Hurry to enjoy life such that you MAY not enjoy life for long. Be PATIENT to enjoy life so you CAN enjoy life for much longer.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2851374_img20150912232706_png2cc47861652284c85cf1f3e03aee197a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855943_fbimg1441954343278_jpegb9ba8c23f4f4d3716a9f5a1365fc8b16

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855780_motivationquitoswallpaper10684725_jpegbb9fda572c41a8a09a122f47defd399e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855782_imaginationwallpaper10708146_jpeg8ab611433e315906637ee14df7014eeb
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by ronald4lif(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
believe in God . . .

okay.

Haha, believe in God indeed. I'd rather believe in my potentials than an imaginary white bearded man in the sky. Ridiculous.
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
At the end, your story should be " I came, I saw and I conquer!

Ones family background won't determine he/her future! What about a person who was born with a golden spoon in his mouth n couldn't continue with d legacy?

One thing is for sure, prayers and determinations breaks d yoke!
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
ronald4lif:

Haha, believe in God indeed. I'd rather believe in my potentials than an imaginary white bearded man in the sky. Ridiculous.
I know right.
despite the majority of people in Nigeria that supposedly believe in God, more than sixty percent is below the poverty line and this guy seriously thinks it's a good point to include in his list. right next to believe in yourself.
I can't even laugh right now. sad

even if a God did exist, I think he has already proven several times that he is definitely not needed for success of any kind. instead, smart work and perseverance. and a frigging change of paradigm.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
anonimi:

Great post to inspire those who wish to be inspired and have the MATCHING courage & determination to translate their wish into reality through concerted action.

Let me just add some wise sayings I picked up relating to the above excerpts:

- When there is life there is hope.

- The skin of a silver spoon child shines from very early on in life while that of the child without silver spoon MAY shine later on in life.

- Hurry to enjoy life such that you MAY not enjoy life for long. Be PATIENT to enjoy life so you CAN enjoy life for much longer.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2851374_img20150912232706_png2cc47861652284c85cf1f3e03aee197a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855943_fbimg1441954343278_jpegb9ba8c23f4f4d3716a9f5a1365fc8b16

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855780_motivationquitoswallpaper10684725_jpegbb9fda572c41a8a09a122f47defd399e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855782_imaginationwallpaper10708146_jpeg8ab611433e315906637ee14df7014eeb
mucha gracias brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by danbrowndmf(m): 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
I can relate with this. Mhen it never easy coming from a poor background. But God has always been there for me.

1 Like

Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by dayus4real(m): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
Here are my advise to those of us in that state of life:

Don't let your background put your back on the ground. Poverty is a state of mind. Refuse to be one!!!

1. Be focus: the race to the top is not for the distracted but for those who are determine and ready to pay the price in life.

Remember if you don't pay the price for success, you will pay the cost of failure.

2. Have a long $ short term vision in life. Note that vision will give direction. The clarify of your vision is embedded in your vision. Make it plain and ensure it's attractive to get you out of bed early in the morning to be a better person.

3. Be optimistic in Life. Tough times never last but tough people do.

4. Friend: Surround yourself with positive minded folks. companion of great minds will help you in life.

5. Acquire financial intelligence and live your life to the fullest, no competition in life.

6. Get connected to God! Godfactor is important in life, even when all leaves, God will be there in the midst of it all.

7. Get a Mentor or Coach you will be accountable to.

Live an happy life and trust God for the best.

For me its been adventurous but in life our MESS is our MESSAGE! You are born to be great!

1 Like

Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
plainmirror:

Nice one bro, buh the very moment you feel u hv arrived (complacency) look up and another ladder will surface.
Bottomline--- life is a race with no finish line.
tank u mate.nice words.my respect.cheers
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by Sunnyade01(m): 6:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
By having faith that no condition is permanent.

Concentrating on things you are good at and believing in your capabilities.

Everyone has a gift that is unique.

Be nice and don't cut corners
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
ronald4lif:

hey mate.I respect ur views 100%.but that white bearded man in the sky has helped countless of people that choose to bliv.witout him our potentials are nought.but I respect ur view.cheers.
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
aaamos:
Started from the bottom...........nice one Op
thanks brother
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
Towncrier247:
Yea. Good one of. I can relate to that. Kudos
yeah tanx
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
Daslim180:
Belief in yourself along side prayer and watch yourself emanating into hero.
concured
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by fapcrook(m): 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
deebsman1:
nice write up, will read later and come back to comment, i wan go poo cool
let me sing for you first....poo poo poo poo for body , how are you ....shame.
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
ebubey:
true...very true.
btw...
BE CAREFUL

The name of the rat that harbours the virus that causes lassa fever is called multimammate rat( because it has many nipples like all these local street dogs after delivery). While the botanical name is mastomys natalensis.

There is also an upsurge of the disease everywhere. So we should all practice hand washing hygiene. Also all apple lovers should wash them with salt and warm water before refrigerating them to eat. Our wives should avoid testing of dry garri by chewing them for starch in the market. All garri soakers should let go for now.

The problem is that most of our garri sellers in the market buy their garri from bush markets. These garri are often fried half dry and are subsequently dried on polythene sheets on the tarred roads or compounds in the villages. These rat dive in at will, to feed their hungry bellies and in the process defecate and urinate on the garri, which dry up with it. If used for Eba, the virus may die because of the hot water used. But if soaked, the virus is directly ushered in. Please no one should joke with this precaution, except you process your cassava yourself.
tanx for the info
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by Justicealh3(m): 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
We dun hear. TYVM.
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
slimpoppa:
Hmm
vomit am grin
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by doveda: 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
Things get better with time and focus
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
Salex007:
To me ! That is not an excuse in making it big in life... Determination and prayer is all that matters in pursuing success .
ofcourse..
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
Keneking:
Ok
Stay focussed Don't steal Obey the ten commandments Do your best
ten commandments ke?
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by UncleEd: 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
I was from one, it was while thinking about my Genesis that this poem emanated.
Kindly follow the link to make a comment as it would be published soon.

https://www.nairaland.com/2860531/it-never-choice

IT’S NEVER MY CHOICE

Poverty is a curse, But in a way
It’s a choice, so I was taught.
Born in a hurt like house full of holes,
So was my abode, though the choice was never mine.

The express for a lizard, a rat and a shrew,
Such serves the holes, in the walls of my abode
A good neighbor they’d serve,
If only they mind their business.

The mistake of leaving food open is a grievous offence
for the unwanted neighbors would devour without a consent.
Sharing a space with a rodent can be condole,
but allotting a portion of meal to it is unacceptable.

The quiet night is troubled by the gnawing of the rat,
With the tips of my toes partly gnawed,
So I’d wake to discover at times
The food was indeed covered, but my toes were barred.

The stench of the pile dirty wears, such is no
difference from that of a shrew or cockroach.
The air that is never fresh in my
abode but we have live to ignore such.

The weather is never fair, only when it rained at night
As the space for sleeps are sacrificed to bowls in the house.
Each is positioned to a fixed point,
To catch the droplet from the opened roof.

It’s never my fault, so its sounds and seems
But that life is a choice is an obvious truth
A glance at the past and how distance it is now,
Arose the feelings that I stoop to conquer.

U. N. Edwin.
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
vosquare:
grin grin
why shinning 32 grin
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by row2ray(m): 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
I wouldn't say I'm from a poor background but I can relate to this.. having tried to make my life on my own
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 6:38pm On Jan 12, 2016
islandmoon:
people who have failed will tell you you cant do it, they will say its impossible!
dnt mind such people...keep ur dream alive and pursue it.
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2016
plainmirror:
1) Believe in the Living God

2) Dream big and Anchor it on faith

3) Never entertain fear

4) develop self confidence

5) develop a positive mindset - our mind emits what Mother nature attracts to us.

very true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rev Felix Ikejimba And His Wife Welcome Twins After 8 Years Of Waiting / I Don't Trust Her Anymore / ₦238Million Rescue Operation To Save Spanish Boy Trapped In Well For 11days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.