Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. (22040 Views)

"Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims / Life Is Like A Millionaire / My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by Qualer: 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
I know right.
despite the majority of people in Nigeria that supposedly believe in God, more than sixty percent is below the poverty line and this guy seriously thinks it's a good point to include in his list. right next to believe in yourself.
I can't even laugh right now. sad

even if a God did exist, I think he has already proven several times that he is definitely not needed for success of any kind. instead, smart work and perseverance. and a frigging change of paradigm.

Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 10:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
html14java:
Lovely
tanx durling grin
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
lielbree:
Hardwork and humility.
Courage and kindness.
with just the first two u listed, everytin is in place
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
eluquenson:
Na God they uplift man oh.
It's a simple logic
Hardwork+God's Mercy+Destiny = Success
cool
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
yungpowers:
May Amadioha strike that heartless mod that banned me since 2015.
hmmm, sorry tho, bt dis is too harsh and blunt bro, btw, wetin u do wey attract d ban??
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
Buffyballs:
Till i got my bugati.boi
hmmm
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
Buffyballs:
Till i got my bugati.boi
hmmm...
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
DirtyGold:
Be enlightened, learn to work smart and God will do the rest in His timing.

Never give up!
tanx for d addition bro
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by BlessAdeik(f): 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
check this out now
<a href="http://www.dollarsurveys.net">Paid Surveys</a>
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by davit: 12:03am On Jan 13, 2016
Success mantra
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 13, 2016
firstking01:
nope, nt on dis land cos its taken alreadysad, for the singular reason dat i'm d op
my bad. I need to send this topic of yours to my cousin who seems to think that it's his right to ask for money and always get it 'for the singular reason that' [he's lazy]
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by Khan1993: 12:13am On Jan 13, 2016
My dad would say 'don't let your background put your back on the ground'. Nice one OP
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 12:37am On Jan 13, 2016
AdaNri1:
my bad. I need to send this topic of yours to my cousin who seems to think that it's his right to ask for money and always get it 'for the singular reason that' [he's lazy]
lol...u berra do before dat lifesstyle eludes him..
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by JasmineKayla: 9:23am On Jan 13, 2016
Great article
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by 400billionman: 1:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
ALmost 10 years ago, i entered this town with only a travelling bag. Sunday 26th November 2006.

Thank you God.
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by ecotwins: 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
I can really relate to what you are saying. I went from having my mother sell Akara to pay my fees to earning a six-figure income and now a seven-figure income. I literarily went from good income to earning exactly 12 times my previous good income within a year!
I love my mother and my siblings for all the sacrifices they made for me. I am trying to give my mother the best life and the best experiences I can afford. my advice: work extremely hard as if your success depends on it alone. Be focused on your goals, so am saying you should have a goal that transcends your current economic status. Be content with your present lot in life but daily develop skills, relationships and a very positive mindset that will help you succeed. I believe success is sure if you apply yourself right. I pray that God will surprise you with a wonderful financial freedom. May you go from a 50k income to a million naira income. You must do your part though. see you on the other side of poverty when you finally cross over to meet us... ha ha ha ah
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 10:53pm On Jan 19, 2016
Khan1993:
My dad would say 'don't let your background put your back on the ground'. Nice one OP
mucha graciassmiley
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2016
JasmineKayla:
Great article
mucha graciascheesy
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 10:56pm On Jan 19, 2016
400billionman:
ALmost 10 years ago, i entered this town with only a travelling bag. Sunday 26th November 2006.

Thank you God.
wow, i knw God must 've taken u smwhere....share ur testimony na, so we could be inspiredcheesy
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by firstking01(m): 11:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
ecotwins:
I can really relate to what you are saying. I went from having my mother sell Akara to pay my fees to earning a six-figure income and now a seven-figure income. I literarily went from good income to earning exactly 12 times my previous good income within a year!
I love my mother and my siblings for all the sacrifices they made for me. I am trying to give my mother the best life and the best experiences I can afford. my advice: work extremely hard as if your success depends on it alone. Be focused on your goals, so am saying you should have a goal that transcends your current economic status. Be content with your present lot in life but daily develop skills, relationships and a very positive mindset that will help you succeed. I believe success is sure if you apply yourself right. I pray that God will surprise you with a wonderful financial freedom. May you go from a 50k income to a million naira income. You must do your part though. see you on the other side of poverty when you finally cross over to meet us... ha ha ha ah
wow...just a summary of the post...tanx for this, cos i knw people will learn from thischeesy
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by alterswerve(m): 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
ecotwins:

Don't you feel we'll like to know and do those things that you did to cross over? Being specific and not vague?
If you feel like, i believe we'll like to know. Nobody likes being on the south side you know
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by haul: 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
My being great is non-negotiable, so I don't just want to be the definition of greatness I want to be successful! People who are great know they will be great from the very day, people around can feel it but they don't just know how it will happen, most great people have a large mysteries surrounding their growing up.

Determination is the first thing, plan, monitor your plan, don't try to have a role model cause you're building a great profile already, always know taking calculated risk seperate you from the average mind. Ask yourself what you want to be in years to come, set a time frame, engage your mind,try to be current about things happening in the world, read virtually anything, improve your communication and inter-relation skill cause you will meet people. After all this commit yourself to God.

Know one thing, there is a time for everyone, your luck is lurking around the corner waiting for the right time of the clock to be plocked, when it comes don't use the funk around this period to fu-ck it up.

-------------------------
I just know I will write a book in some 25years to this time, cause when you look back, you have to thank God for how far you've achieved!
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by KillingJoke: 2:35am On Dec 12, 2023
My parents used to always fight over money. Alot of the times it got violent. I remember one night in my secondary school days, there was no food in the fridge so I found a bottle of cheap vodka and downed the whole bottle crying. I used some of my savings to help pay bills and groceries just so they could stop fighting. Its gotten much better now but part of me wonders how I would've been with a normal childhood.
Re: What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. by Magnoliaa(f): 9:14am On Dec 12, 2023
KillingJoke:
My parents used to always fight over money. Alot of the times it got violent. I remember one night in my secondary school days, there was no food in the fridge so I found a bottle of cheap vodka and downed the whole bottle crying. I used some of my savings to help pay bills and groceries just so they could stop fighting. Its gotten much better now but part of me wonders how I would've been with a normal childhood.

Interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother Accuses Soldiers Of Stomping 20-month-old Baby To Death In Delta (pic) / How Do I Save For The Future So As Not To Learn The Hard Way? / I Don't Trust Her Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.