Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

when your helper turns her back- advice please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / when your helper turns her back- advice please (6425 Views)

Woman Turns Husband To House Boy Over N2.5m Gift / Man Turns slowpoke After Impregnating Daughter Twice (pics) / 17-Year-Old Girl Got Pregnant, Chased Out Of Family House, Turns Beggar (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hi nairalanders, i just finished my final exams early december, hence a graduate in one of the countries federal universities in the southeast, as i type this post, its with much pain and depression, i came over to one of my youngest aunts place who have been the support through the course of my education, since i lost my mum and dad, since my dad died about 6year ago, she has been there, the most supportive one of all , i have been grateful, but today i am practically a trapped in this house boy role in her house, she has probably allowed the devils to pollute her mind, she should be happy that i am finally done with school but her actions tells otherwise, every time i raise a topic on my school fee debts and other bills, i get the bashing of my life, at an instance i wanted walking out of her house when she mentioned that i go get money from my dead father, i lost consciousness but i was somehow still standing on my feets, i barely can sleep recently, whats wrong with her, for Godsake has she forgotten her promises, i am owing the school a lot of money, my project has suffered, no funds, by now i am suppose to be back in school in that effect, my mates are far gone on theirs, while i am in my aunts house washing heaps of clothes, cleaning floors and all sort of chores and errands, like I have always done for years now anyways, but this no time for this, I could always serve her any day, because I owe her everything, I have been thinking much, i need advice please. I have prayed for God to change her, yet no noticeable change, she is not bothered at all. she has told me there is no money, since year two, no money, when will there be money, this is a woman who earnings is not needed much in her home, the husband takes care of everything, Should i just forget about her helping me and take sometime off school and get a job, raise funds and come back later to do my project and pay my outstanding fees, , , mature advice please. Thanks for reading.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by menix(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
My friend u need a reset slap..

What did u say or how did u say it for her to ve asked you to go get the fund from ur dad..

A woman who ve trained you till ur last paper is now evil bah My brother quickly search within nd see what u re doing wrong..

If u re to wash plate to get ur funds all the years in school, am sure u would ve washed 50 containers of plate..

If I tell u part of my story, u will go nd wash her undies too...

4 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
menix:

What did u say or how did u say it for her to ve asked you to go get the fund from ur dad..

A woman who ve trained you till ur last paper is now evil bah My brother quickly search within nd see what u re doing wrong..

If u re to wash plate to get ur funds all the years in school, am sure u would ve washed 50 containers of plate..

if i could get that slap it would be better than this nonsense happening, my dad was on his sick bed while i was about taking my post UME, I attended his burial with my admission letter in my bag, since my year1 school fees she paid, year2 was 60% payment, the rest is story, the money I do get from her were not regular at all, and when they came were never enough, I also hustle the little way I can in school, taking exams for people and doing assignment s and seminar works, I am not lazy or dull, maybe would have been smarter in favourable conditions, technically, that's how I made it to graduation stage paying for hand outs, making photocopies and buy textbooks when necessary, anyways, now she is something else, what have i done that she cant say. Her utterance was so shocking, i wish i was dreaming. Anyways, i cant see any reasonable advice in your post. If you have been in worst case, why the bashing me.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Godmother(f): 5:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
Just calm down and change your mindset. Sometimes we give to get. She's giving you financial help and you are giving her physical labour and support, stop seeing yourself as her houseboy. Its not easy to spend money on someone who is not your immediate family member in this hard times . You are almost done, so tread carefully. Also, it could be you caught her in a bad moon hence her reaction to you.

3 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by njiasi30(f): 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
menix:

Pls do u mind sharing d story.

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by asadike(f): 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
My brother, the woman don try. When u keep depending on someone for a long time, d person will start seeing u as a burden. I advise you look for something to do, a job that can fetch u money, no matter how little. Even if it is loading job, working in a cyber, anything at all. atleast, it will make her see u as responsible and in another light esp when u come home with biscuit for d kids.

7 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by asadike(f): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
My brother, the woman don try. When u keep depending on someone for a long time, d person will start seeing u as a burden. I advise you look for something to do, a job that can fetch u money, no matter how little. Even if it is loading job, working in a cyber, anything at all. atleast, it will make her see u as responsible and in another light esp when u come home with biscuits for d kids.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by njiasi30(f): 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2016
U might ve offended her one way or d other without knowing it. Just cool down and talk 2 her, and also beg her 2 4give u in anyway u might ve wronged her.pray also dat she doesn't ve bad friend dat is influencing her wrongly. I know of a woman DAT change overnight and started maltreating her step kids, due 2 bad advice.
I wish u d best. wink
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
njiasi30:
U might ve offended her one way or d other without knowing it. Just cool down and talk 2 her, and also beg her 2 4give u in anyway u might ve wronged her.pray also dat she doesn't ve bad friend dat is influencing her wrongly. I know of a woman DAT change overnight and started maltreating her step kids, due 2 bad advice.
I wish u d best. wink
since my year2 she started showing this character, she has paid no bills for me since then, she was always promising. I dont bother her much, she gives me when she wants to, although always below requirements. Unless when i spend my holidays working for her i get food stuffs to return with else my schooling is by the grace of God
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
asadike:
My brother, the woman don try. When u keep depending on someone for a long time, d person will start seeing u as a burden. I advise you look for something to do, a job that can fetch u money, no matter how little. Even if it is loading job, working in a cyber, anything at all. atleast, it will make her see u as responsible and in another light esp when u come home with biscuits for d kids.
okay, thanks
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Askseek(f): 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
Hi nairalanders, i just finished my final exams early december, hence a graduate of biochemistry in one of the countries federal universities in the southeast, as i type this post, its with much pain and depression, i came over to one of my youngest aunts place who have been the backbone of my education, if not for her, would have forfeited the admission, since i lost my mum and dad, since my dad died about 6year ago, my aunt took me up and supported me when others said they cant afford entra expenses on a nephew, today i am practically a house boy in her house, she has allowed the devils to pollute her mind, isnt she suppose to be happy i am finally done with school but her actions tells otherwise, every time i raise a topic on my school matters, i get the bashing of my life, at an instance i wanted walking out of her house when she mentioned that i go get money from my dead father, i lost consciousness but i was somehow still standing on my feets, i barely can sleep recently, whats wrong with her, for Godsake has she forgotten her promises, i am owing the school a lot of money, my project has suffered, no funds, by now i am suppose to be back in school in that effect, my mates are far gone on theirs, while i am in my aunts house washing heaps of clothes, cleaning floors and all sort of chores and errands . I have been thinking much, i need advice please. I have prayed for God to change her for my sake, no noticeable change, she is not bothered at all. Should i just forget about her helping me and take sometime off school and get a job, raise funds and come back later to do my project and pay my outstanding fees, , , mature advice please. Thanks for reading.

Please clarify, are you a graduate or undergraduate in your final year?

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
Askseek:

Please clarify, are you a graduate or undergraduate in your final year?
undergraduate in my final year, through with all exams, except my project
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by menix(m): 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
if i could get that slap it would be better than this nonsense happening, my dad was on his sick bed while i was about taking my post UME, I attended his burial with my admission letter in my bag, since my year1 school fees she paid, year2 was 60% payment, the rest is story, anyways, now she has turn to something else, what have i done that she cant say. Her utterance was so shocking, i wish i was dreaming. Anyways, i cant see any reasonable advice in your post. If you have been in worst case, why the bashing me.

I was not in anyway trying to advise you cous u need to advise urself first..
U re pompous that washing plate ain't ur style being a graduate..

I did nanny for my Snr Broz, washed plate nd swept the house happily but if I tell you while doing it I had something I could easily dispose nd ve nothing less than 15 million naira in my account but I humbled myself, that was after I lost my banking Job.
Do I tell you I stopped getting Breakfast, Lunch Yet I was a happy man who respected all..
With hunger I still go to bring back the kids after skool with Joy..

@njiasi30... can't say all here...

8 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by menix(m): 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
since my year2 she started showing this character, she has paid no bills for me since then, she was always promising. I dont bother her much, she gives me when she wants to, although always below requirements. Unless when i spend my holidays working for her i get food stuffs to return with else my schooling is by the grace of God

Since u know the bolded is her "MUMU" button, why not keep applying it till u become ur own man...

5 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by njiasi30(f): 6:38pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
Since u are in ur final year, try and seek help 4rm other relatives and friends 2 help u but if it's not possible den drop. Since it's only project dat is remaining. look 4 any decent job , Save money den go back and do ur project, also pay ur dues if any. I know of a distant relative DAT did it,after working 4 a year. He went back,did his project and went 4 service. Now he is working. It won't b easy o..but God will see u tru, it's just a matter of time. Such is life

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
menix:

Since u know the bolded is her "MUMU" button, why not keep applying it till u become ur own man...
yea, last big money from her was my 60% school fees, she has not given me anything above 10k ever since, that's after working my ass out and some food stuffs, it do go a long way though, but right now, she has to full fill her promises, debts has to be paid, project funds but instead its quarrels upon quarrel, I feel I am wasting my time here, she will give me 10k and some food stuff, when i tell her I am goin back to school. How will this solve all these problems?
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
njiasi30:

Since u are in ur final year, try and seek help 4rm other relatives and friends 2 help u but if it's not possible den drop. Since it's only project dat is remaining. look 4 any decent job , Save money den go back and do ur project, also pay ur dues if any. I know of a distant relative DAT did it,after working 4 a year. He went back,did his project and went 4 service. Now he is working. It won't b easy o..but God will see u tru, it's just a matter of time. Such is life
thanks alot, my fathers family is a place I never wish I came from, so much envy, always on each others neck, my youngest aunt was raised by my father through school, she is my best option right now
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by fabby27: 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2016

3 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by njiasi30(f): 6:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
menix:

I was not in anyway trying to advise you cous u need to advise urself first..
U re pompous that washing plate ain't ur style being a graduate..

I did nanny for my Snr Broz, washed plate nd swept the house happily but if I tell you while doing it I had something I could easily dispose nd ve nothing less than 15 million naira in my account but I humbled myself, that was after I lost my banking Job.
Do I tell you I stopped getting Breakfast, Lunch Yet I was a happy man who respected all..
With hunger I still go to bring back the kids after skool with Joy..
I can imagine what u went tru. What I like about u is dat u are humble,some men won't do it BC of pride. knowing fully well dat u worked b4 and earned money,u still humbled urself. It is only God DAT can exalt u. I wish u all d best in life.

@njiasi30... can't say all here...

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by menix(m): 6:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
yea, last big money from her was my 60% school fees, she has not given me anything above 10k ever since, that's after working my ass out and some food stuffs, it do go a long way though, but right now, she has to full fill her promises, debts has to be paid, project funds but instead its quarrels upon quarrel, I feel I am wasting my time here, she will give me 10k and some food stuff, when i tell her I am goin back to school. How will this solve all these problems?

U re lucky u get some cash..
I wept the day a friend said bye to us because he had no one to raise him 1 naira to continue his schooling..

So now my advise comes, since u ve started the plate washing continue but with happiness, do more chores ask her for more, this will go nd undo the wickedness in her heart.

Finally go nd apologize, with this if she gives you 10k when going know that the devil in her is the Main Lucifer u hear about nd not his servant..

All the Best..

3 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by menix(m): 6:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
[quote author=njiasi30 post=41911972][/quote]

Thanx..
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by njiasi30(f): 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
menix:

Thanx..
U are welcome.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by njiasi30(f): 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
menix:

Thanx..
U are welcome.
ViNeHaNds:
thanks alot
U re welcome.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
fabby27:
From your title, I somehow can understand your thought pattern. Now i may not be able to write much but this is what i will tell you. In this world, nothing goes for nothing and people will do anything to keep whatever puts food on their table. Firstly, remove that mindset of being a graduate, don't let that deceive you. Some people that have graduated years before you are doing one menial job somewhere to survive. Secondly, please take pride away from your heart, you may not its pride but it is. humility is what will take you places. just look at jesus, a whole jesus, stooping so low to wash his disciples feet. just imagine that and that is not a fairy tale. it's reality. so just be like him and see what happens. your aunty has always been there for you. Regardless of whether she's taking advantage of her assistance towards you should not be your concern, serve her and do what she wants n tells you without complain. when you begin to complain and talk back at her, then you loose the compassion that has been gingering her to help you and start suffering for nothing. you just have to be a 'fool' to get what you want in this circumstance, afterall in two to three years time, you will have got a job and be on your own. So go now and apologise to her, telling her you appreciate all she's been doing for you n see her just like your own mother n she shouldn't relent on her efforts towards you, n that you promise not to disappoint her.Let her know those pressing needs that matter to you amicably. i think it would be to your best interest you do that unless you want to take the loggerhead and go out there in the world and hustle like some of your mates are doing but i tell you, you won't find it palatable. it is said that 'If the ax be blunt and one does not whet the edge, then must he put to it more strength; but wisdom is profitable to direct'
my father trained her through school , she never did all this i have done for her , for him and gave her hand out in marriage as the eldest son, I have never spoken back at her or stand to think twice in what so ever she is need of me, there is no wrong I have done. She has listen to the wrong people, I will still do as you have said, thank you

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
menix:

U re lucky u get some cash..
I wept the day a friend said bye to us because he had no one to raise him 1 naira to continue his schooling..

So now my advise comes, since u ve started the plate washing continue but with happiness, do more chores ask her for more, this will go nd undo the wickedness in her heart.

Finally go nd apologize, with this if she gives you 10k when going know that the devil in her is the Main Lucifer u hear about nd not his servant..

All the Best..
she didnt do all that in her own university days, but i am doing it, my father took care of her,,, apology,,, apology... what am I apologising for? I have never done her wrong

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Smhart1(f): 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pray to God to soften her heart

Beg her to forgive all your wrong doings whether intentional or not

Keep working diligently and stop seeing yourself as a slave

Remove the "my dad saw her through school" orientation and see her as your messiah

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by johnson232: 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
my father trained her through school , she never did all this i have done for her , for him and gave her hand out in marriage as the eldest son, I have never spoken back at her or stand to think twice in what so ever she is need of me, there is no wrong I have done. She has listen to the wrong people, I will still do as you have said, thank you
My brother u sound like a potential ingrate honestly...

Is she your blood sister?
If no, always appreciate her, we really do have few of her kind...

U wouldn't know what she has done for u until after your NYSC...

but in all in all, u really do sound like a potential in grate, if not u wouldn't have opened this ungrateful thread.

Do u know what it means to see someone through school?

U never enter life....

4 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by menix(m): 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
she didnt do all that in her own university days, but i am doing it, my father took care of her,,, apology,,, apology... what am I apologising for? I have never done her wrong

Men nd Pride..
Do u know I was in my village last week just to go apologize to someone angry with me cous I stoped sending money due to my finance issues.

When my uncles said I should apologize I almost detonated knowing I ve done no wrong but for man to live at peace with the next I had to..

The same man my father trained chats with a Chairman(his former deputy) of a Notable commission in Nigeria that when I heard they were doing underground recruitment I told him I wanted in, instead he asked me get the advert placement of the job....
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
johnson232:

My brother u sound like a potential ingrate honestly...

Is she your blood sister?
If no, always appreciate her, we really do have few of her kind...

U wouldn't know what she has done for u until after your NYSC...

but in all in all, u really do sound like a potential in grate, if not u wouldn't have opened this ungrateful thread.

Do u know what it means to see someone through school?

U never enter life....
yea...I guess its a nice way for her to see me through school, my debts gets me more worried than this ur insults, thanks anyways,

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
menix:

Men nd Pride..
Do u know I was in my village last week just to go apologize to someone angry with me cous I stoped sending money due to my finance issues.

When my uncles said I should apologize I almost detonated knowing I ve done no wrong but for man to live at peace with the next I had to..

The same man my father trained chats with a Chairman(his former deputy) of a Notable commission in Nigeria that when I heard they were doing underground recruitment I told him I wanted in, instead he asked me get the advert placement of the job....
for a fact I HV done her no wrong, but this night I am gonna kneel before her and apologise.. thank you, I pray God touches her heart

6 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by menix(m): 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
for a fact I HV done her no wrong, but this night I am gonna kneel before her and apologise.. thank you, I pray God touches her heart

Amen..
It would...
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by VintageCocktail(m): 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
Of course , you knew her when she was still a baby. You sounds so arrogant that I wish she cut you off entirely. She does not owe you anything. She is doing the little she can because you are her brothers son...or is there a written agreement signed with blood that she had to pay your fees.

What an arrogant dumbass you are.
Mellow down dude. Nwa ewu tukwuru ala o were nua NNE ya ara ofuma. Get your shitss together and do good things to the best of your abilities to her and her family, and she will make sure you live good thereafter.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Men Beware! This Can End That Lovely Marriage/relationship Silently / Is Your Spouse Treating You Like A Child? / My Ikoyi Registry Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.