Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts (19495 Views)

Munched Screen From MMM South Africa After The Freezing / MMM Mavro Freezing Has Been Cancelled / Account Freezing: MMM Reacts To Nigerians' Outbursts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by 247notire(m): 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
thaoriginator:
God punish that your dirty Papa! Infact, him papa!
O boy, wetin happen? All these kids on NL these days sha...
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Lanretoye(m): 7:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
This judiciary self,e be like dem wan frustrate the effort of the executive.

2 Likes

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Allwility: 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
MTN 1 FG O.

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Obidikejr(m): 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
rafabenitez:
My holy god,will somebody talk sense into this judge,have MTN nt milked us enof,NCC pls call the presidency,disobey the court order and freeze there accounts immediately,south africa are ugrateful and crooks,imagine,naija don fall hands too much abe.can this thrash happen in there land?

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by yomalex(m): 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
josite:
mtn obviously has more than enough assets in Nigeria other than cash to satisfy a trillion naira judgement . a trillion naira fine ,no matter the infraction is an excessive and fines are not meant to kill a company but to deter it from going over borders.mtn will surely win .
how will they win?

2 Likes

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Vivipop(f): 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
247notire:
Lol, nne what would he do? Go and withdraw the money from MTN's accounts himself? Lol...
He just might and i hope you will not be surprised.
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Arogunmasa(m): 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
too bad, mtn must not be allowed to get away with infringing on the laws of the land. if eventually the money is moved, the judge must be hold responsible. i think lawyers are part of the problem of this country. then again the national assembly should strenghten laws regulating the telecom sector.
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by thaoriginator: 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
247notire:
O boy, wetin happen? All these kids on NL these days sha...
u are mad! Wen did u join NL? Mumu!
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Obidikejr(m): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
jabatah:
Mtn still think say pdp still dey power. Awon oloshi jati jati. Wey buhari Don calculate their money join budget.

Haha this got me cracking
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by 247notire(m): 7:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
Lanretoye:
This judiciary self,e be like dem wan frustrate the effort of the executive.
How? Seems this impunity from the APC govt has got many kids who nothing about Nigeria, especially on NL thinking that the court was made to punish perceived offenders of the govt! Never have we had it this bad.

For the records, the court works with facts and evidences before it. MTN has not refused to pay the fine but only sued th FG to court contesting it, so why should a sane judge give a mareva injunction to hold their funds in their accounts? The AGF has to be a nincompoop!

6 Likes

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Clinton594(m): 7:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
I thought Buhari has a law that prohibits money laundering
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by morningsta(m): 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
The way and manner this government is pursuing this matter ehn! E be like say if MTN no pay up, FG no go get money to finance 2016 budget o. angry

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by 247notire(m): 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
thaoriginator:
u are mad! Wen did u join NL? Mumu!
Bros no be me do you wetin dey worry you o, na that ur uncle for village and na him u need face! Somebody call 911!!!
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by menix(m): 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
MTN, the Uwa Mmebi connection..
Una must pay that fine else Buhari no go fit pay workers ooo..

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Vivipop(f): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
thaoriginator:
God punish that your dirty Papa! Infact, him papa!
Oga! You need to take a chilaxative
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by 247notire(m): 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
Vivipop:
He just might and i hope you will not be surprised.
Well he actually can't. Only a court of law can grant an injunction to hold funds in their accounts. Banking is not politics, there are some things you just cannot possibly do.

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by thaoriginator: 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
247notire:
Bros no be me do you wetin dey worry you o, na that ur uncle for village and na him u need face! Somebody call 911!!!
abeg talk beta thing
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by 247notire(m): 8:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
thaoriginator:
abeg talk beta thing
Ur ban is on the way, Thor hammer things...
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by thaoriginator: 8:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
Vivipop:
Oga! You need to take a chilaxative
you get am? na your own I wan take..
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by thaoriginator: 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
247notire:
Ur ban is on the way, Thor hammer things...
what of banner?
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by 9japrof(m): 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
megamindmaster:
Hey! this is what i call "e don happen ministries international ltd." shocked grin . NCC dey vex o! no wonder MTN no wan let me rest. i dey register my sim every week. when i finish, dem go dey disturb me to register again with 2k free airtime. When your cup full, u go hear am... lol

very hilarious indeed
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by greatjoshy(m): 8:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
Obidikejr:
Mtn bribed the just like dstv did. What's wrong with our judicial system! We have enough network providers, need more? Create more! Empower individuals to start up! shut this Yello fevers down and let the others learn from them. Over 20 network providers in the US, sms is free, calls are relatively cheap.

Sincerely dunno the jinx this SA guys have over us, or our big men has shares invest in their companies here, cuz I don't see why this guy's will kill us in the name of xenophobia and yet Shoprite, dstv, mtn is still chopping our heads here.

The white man control a vast section of your economy and you choose to blame your fellow black and claim it's xenophobia, what the hell is wrong with Africa and Africans.

HONESTLY YOU'VE JUST SAID WHAT I HAD IN MIND TO SAY!..... TRULY U'VE SAID IT ALL.......
S.A GUYS AR JUST BEING 'INHUMAN' AND OUR GOVERNMENT ND OUR TOP JUDICIAL PESONALITIES AREN'T HELPING MATTERS @ ALL.

MTN SUCKZZ!!
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
Now I know why PMB is not obeying court orders. Judges and lawyers are our fvcking problem in this country

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Geulink: 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
Since the Buhari government has refuse to obey court orders join the campaign #scrapjudiciary on twitter@scrapjudiciary1

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by UrbanMystique: 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
247notire:
How? Seems this impunity from the APC govt has got many kids who nothing about Nigeria, especially on NL thinking that the court was made to punish perceived offenders of the govt! Never have we had it this bad.

For the records, the court works with facts and evidences before it. MTN has not refused to pay the fine but only sued th FG to court contesting it, so why should a sane judge give a mareva injunction to hold their funds in their accounts? The AGF has to be a nincompoop!
it's you that have comprehension problem..

The agf wants to freeze mtn's account because he believed mtn is trying to use the court case to buy time to move all the money it has in 21 Nigerian banks to other banks outside Nigeria.. Which the agf and is trying to prevent ...cos it has happened before where mtn moved over 7.7 billion dollars out of nigeria within a year.
Freezing the account in the case means MTn won't be able to move the money out of Nigeria until the case is concluded.

Read and understand before you run comment so as not to look foolish.

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Gboliwe: 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
Do we still have courts in Nigeria? Mcheeeeeeeew.

Since the time of the terrorist in Aso Rock, the courts in Nigeria have turned to entertainment centres. cry
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by 247notire(m): 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
UrbanMystique:
it's you that have comprehension problem..

The agf wants to freeze mtn's account because he believed mtn is trying to use the court case to buy time to move all the money it has in 21 Nigerian banks to other banks outside Nigeria.. Which the agf and is trying to prevent ...cos it has happened before where mtn moved over 7.7 billion dollars out of nigeria within a year.
Freezing the account in the case means MTn won't be able to move the money out of Nigeria until the case is concluded.

Read and understand before you run comment so as not to look foolish.
Lol. Ur moronic assertions make me laugh. Any iota of evidence or fact to prove that MTN wants to move funds? Is there also any evidence or proof that they sued the govt to court to buy time? O boy u knw nothing about the workings of a law court pls hold ur own boy, yea? Good night.

2 Likes

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by nadigo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
Obidikejr:
Mtn bribed the just like dstv did. What's wrong with our judicial system! We have enough network providers, need more? Create more! Empower individuals to start up! shut this Yello fevers down and let the others learn from them. Over 20 network providers in the US, sms is free, calls are relatively cheap.

Sincerely dunno the jinx this SA guys have over us, or our big men has shares invest in their companies here, cuz I don't see why this guy's will kill us in the name of xenophobia and yet Shoprite, dstv, mtn is still chopping our heads here.

The white man control a vast section of your economy and you choose to blame your fellow black and claim it's xenophobia, what the hell is wrong with Africa and Africans.

Cause ur Nigerian BIGMEN have a large investment share in MTN they wud continue to truncate justice
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
victorels:
The Court Understands Better than the Federal Government. Any Shortage in MTN Output will lead to poor tax payable by MTN and result to shortage in Revenue accruable to the Federation account.

If Federal Government is banking on The Liquidated Nitel taking over MTN, They should alow it to operate for at least a year and determine for themselves if it can raise enough revenue as MTN before they can decide to squeeze life out of MTN.

But MTN Knows the truth. Nigeria can not be the same again without MTN. That is why they went ahead to liquidate Visafone even though they have a fine to pay.

Do u know how many billion dollars US fined BP? Which they paid in a hurry
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by masseratti: 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
victorels:
The Court Understands Better than the Federal Government. Any Shortage in MTN Output will lead to poor tax payable by MTN and result to shortage in Revenue accruable to the Federation account.

If Federal Government is banking on The Liquidated Nitel taking over MTN, They should alow it to operate for at least a year and determine for themselves if it can raise enough revenue as MTN before they can decide to squeeze life out of MTN.

But MTN Knows the truth. Nigeria can not be the same again without MTN. That is why they went ahead to liquidate Visafone even though they have a fine to pay.
sorry to ask please,do you really undestand what you wrote/post,its not a must to post in public forums.
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by UrbanMystique: 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
247notire:
Lol. Ur moronic assertions make me laugh. Any iota of evidence or fact to prove that MTN wants to move funds? Is there also any evidence or proof that they sued the govt to court to buy time? O boy u knw nothing about the workings of a law court pls hold ur own boy, yea? Good night.
I guess you have went back to read the post again . Now, clap for yourself. Next time, Read the post before you quote or comment. Not doing so makes you sound dumb. Good night . grin
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by manny4life(m): 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
247notire:

What are you talking about? The report provided a historical trend of MTN moving funds into a foreign account (countries listed), heck MTN moved close to $1 billion in one single day and you're asking for evidence to show if MTN wants to move funds. Isn't it common sense that MTN has the capacity to move these funds if they so desire? I think you're the one with the moronic assertions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Investment Idea Needed. I Have N3m Idle Fund To Invest. / Nigeria Stock Market Among The Top 5 Global Performers In 2017: CNN / How Profitable Is "Tipper" And How Much Does A Normal Tipper Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.