Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Postinor 2 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Postinor 2 (32366 Views)

Ladies, See The Shocking Effect Of Postinor 2 (drug For Prevention Of Pregnancy) / Should I Take Postinor 2 Everytime? / Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Postinor 2 by letustalk(m): 11:33am On Jun 19, 2009
Hello guys, Pls i need advice for a friend who i recommended postinor 2 to after she had unprotected sex the same night of the act. the problem now is that after 2weeks during which she should have seen her period, she is yet to see her period. i have adviced that she goes to the clinic, but i want to know if anyone in the house has any advice further. on the leaflet, the drug states that the user could have a delayed period, however, can 2weeks be considered normal for delayed period. my friend is worried and i want to help her. thanks
Re: Postinor 2 by marychizo: 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2009
If youh ave sedx and use postinor 2 during your ovulation period and you are very fertile, there is 95% probability that you can get pregnant. So many people have complained about this, therefore, postinor 2 is not a garantee that you can not get pregnant. There is no any medicine that can prevent pregnancy it is just by chance and when God Says Amen.
Re: Postinor 2 by letustalk(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2009
Thank you marychizo, you know i am just finding about this for the first time. this is interesting discovery. i never knew ovulation could be such a determinant factor. anyway, thank you for your invaluable info. pls when exactly is the ovulation period and how does a woman know that she is in her ovulation period?
Re: Postinor 2 by Kx: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2009
letustalk:

pls when exactly is the ovulation period and how does a woman know that she is in her ovulation period?

Surprised, shocked this means you had sex,sorry ur friend had unprotected sex
without knowing and understanding her "body"?
It even seems to me dat all d education and shout about AIDS and
STI's are falling on deaf ears.

Advise ur friend not to fret,postino could "push" her cycle and flow by some days.
In otherword,her flow could come earlier than usual or later than d usual date.
Re: Postinor 2 by letustalk(m): 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2009
KX, i understand your shock, but you understand that that is the least of aid we need now. nevertheless, thanks for your position. however, the question is: dont you think 2 weeks is too long a period to wait for one's menses on the defence of postinor? i am just being curious.
Re: Postinor 2 by beingme(f): 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2009
make una dey wear cap if the guy no sabi withdraw
Re: Postinor 2 by MyPeace(f): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2009
Fretting will not help the situation. Go to clinic for blood work.
Re: Postinor 2 by letustalk(m): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2009
To tell you, withdrawal is not fully an assurance of prevention. even with withdrawal darling, i know anything can still happen. the littlest of seminal fluid still carry sperms i know. So baby, i think the cap thing is best, just some folks who are frenzied through an uncontrollable ecstasy thus leading to pregnancy as they were too carried away in the height of the sexual euphoria to wear the cap. carpisce?
Re: Postinor 2 by Nobody: 2:02am On Jun 20, 2009
Abstinence is the only full proof method of birth control, tell ur friend to go do a pregnancy test so she can have piece of mind.
Re: Postinor 2 by ziga: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2009
Yea, her menses could be dealyed for that long,

just to clarify,
How long after unprotected intercourse did she use the postinor,

If intercourse was around the time of ovulation, that means her normal menses should be 2 weeks after taking the pill, but the pill can make this date earlier or later. That means menses could come before or after 2 weeks.

I hope i understood your question.

But to keep ur mind @rest you can take a pregnancy test.
Re: Postinor 2 by letustalk(m): 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2009
Well, thanks guys in the house. It so happened that my friend has gone for the test and unfortunately i should say, it turned out positive. She is pregnant! Now, here is a young girl who is torn between keeping a pregnancy for a guy she doesnt want to marry for one reason or the other and getting rid of the pregnancy. Of course the risks abound at both ends, but i must say that it is a case of a moral dilemma involved on one end and sensual dilemma on the other. Well thanks guys in the house, you helped charting a course anyway.
Re: Postinor 2 by Kx: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2009
Ekpelle.
letustalk:

a young girl who is torn between keeping a pregnancy for a guy she doesnt want to marry for one reason or the other

How many times shall one hear of people getting preg for a guy dey dont want to get married to for one reason or the other yet
dey want to enjoy the fun all the way?

Sorry,but dont know what to say.
Re: Postinor 2 by ifyalways(f): 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2009
marychizo:

There is no any medicine that can prevent pregnancy it is just by chance and when God Says Amen.
rofl.
@Topic,she shld relax jare.Emotional stress can alter her period Plus the Postinor too can change/alter her period.
she better go for preggie test so she wont be in for suprises. cheesy
Re: Postinor 2 by jcyinfo: 1:11am On Nov 23, 2009
well it is a bit funny, stupid, sad. people should be ready for the consequences of what they do. good or bad. this is a hard thing to decide but your friend can save that baby's life without getting married to the boy. plus she must be careful and hope the pill wont cause any damage to the child. but the most important thing is that if she is not ready, then she is NOT READY. she should Move on with her life.
Re: Postinor 2 by ankeade: 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2009
hello letustalk,
That lady must be a stupid lady (sorry to say that).
There is one thing that I do tell young ladies, a guy that U know that U can't take home to your parents, why then should U have sex with him and moreover, the guy did not even protect himself.

She is on her own now.
The step she wants to take is very risky.
Please, let her think first, before she leaps.

I wish her all the best in life.
Re: Postinor 2 by echobee(f): 8:55am On Nov 24, 2009
it is not all drugs recommended to you that u must take, if it is not from the doctor.why are some ladies so stupid in these jet-age.u know u are not ready for something and u did it. u cant eat ur cake and have it. if a drugs works for A do u think it is going to work for B. well i am sorry for ur friend,tell her not to use anything drugs again she should just go straight to the hospital,orelse if she does not want to have kids in future.
Re: Postinor 2 by OvieE: 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2010
y
Re: Postinor 2 by adaphik(f): 7:51am On Apr 30, 2010
Well, its unfortunate. To some ppl, Experience is d best teacher. So she has learnt d hard way. wish her d best. One advice: whether she plans to keep or remove, I suggest, she sees a O&G expert. Very important. Anyth less, will complicate her condition.
Re: Postinor 2 by postinor2: 5:53am On Jan 24, 2011
for those to shy to purchase postinor2 over the counter, you may purchase online with us via credit card, at postinor2(dot)webs(dot)com. Satisfaction guaranteed, smiley

1 Like

Re: Postinor 2 by AdelineC: 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2012
my bf had sex with me 3-4 days after my last period, and i took postinor 2 .2 hours after sex , will i be pregnant ? Since that day onwards whenever i went to toilet i seen a lot of little things moving in my urine is this normal ? And the place where my womb locates hurt sometimes is this the side effect of the medication ??
Re: Postinor 2 by stkingz89(m): 10:31am On Oct 04, 2015
!
Re: Postinor 2 by Johnclefwalex: 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2018
please my girlfriend and i had sex during her ovulating period it was unknown but she take postinor will it work on her[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Postinor 2 by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 02, 2019
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. shocked

(1) (Reply)

Ayoade Olatunbosun-Alakija BBC Interview On Omicron COVID In South Africa / I Need A Very Big Peni*s Pleas Please / I Want An Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.