Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Chasing Shadows - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chasing Shadows (604 Views)

Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj / Shadows Of The Green / Shadows....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chasing Shadows by blessykina(f): 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
Excepts from the published novel titled Chasing Shadows .
Weeks later on a sunny Sunday afternoon after Sunday service, Darry sat in the living room the LG air condition at full blast Matilda had gone out on visiting, the big flat sreen televisión was on and a soup opra was airing the room smelt of lavender air freshener.
Darry lay on his favourite couch his eyes transfixed on the televisión but he could not make out what it was all about the mind was in a far away place suddenly different pictures started to appear to him he saw him self sitting at a table with Jesus and other disciples and Tina was sitting at the right hand of Jesus while he sat at the seat meant for Judas Ischariot all of them seated for the last supper, Jesus was talking about the betrayal and all eyes were on him and he had began to say am sorry untill he came back to consciousness opened his eyes and saw Tina sitting on one of the couch, you again he shouted standing up immediatly suddenly he felt a Sharp pain on his chest, “dad what is the mather?”
Tina screamed trying to grab her dad before he fell back on the couch her sisters heard her scream and they all raced down stairs Matilda was already driving in when she heard the scream. Darry was taken to the hospital in an unconscious state. “What happened to your dad?” Matilda asked her daughters “i was up stairs mum” Cynthia said and “so was I Lizzy replied Tina was the only one in the living room with dad she has to tell us what happened” Lzzy said angrily calm down girls lets take a sit, they all crowded them selves at the hospital reception and Tina began to relay what happened. “If any thing happens to my dad i won’t forgive you Tina,” her twin sister spat out. Weeks had gone by since Darry was taken to the hospital in his unconscious state.
Most of the things that had transpired in his life began to unfold one after the other a particular incidence troubled him the most. Back in London he had visited a fortune teller with his best friend Beaver. “Be very careful of the path you choose in life there are two paths waiting for you he pointed at Darry choose wisely, the path you take will determine how the latter part of your life will be, very careful i see lots of pain.
Your son will be of no impotance to you” she said, “what the crap are you saying” Darry asked already angry, “I only say the things i see brother she replied you will recognize him when you see him what the crap are you saying” Darry shouted again while his friend held him from acting stupidly.
“The reincarnated will haunt you she said looking at him both of you will be related some how in the future maybe not biologically i cant say how, because the sun is blocking the answers” looking at Beaver this time she said to him “be careful not to soil your hands will your own blood.
All these are things that will happen in the future that is why i said be careful of the path you choose today which can prevent so many pains, being irresponsible youths will do you no good” she finished speaking,” bullshit” Darry yelled am out of here and he stormed out his friend chasing him. Few days later they went to St Sabastain hospital for donations.

(1) (Reply)

Cashless 9ja Pt 1 - From Ibo Man's Perspective -gboyega Lawson / Top 5 Conversation Killers To The Sapiosexuals / 10 Tips On How To Increase Your Intelligent Qoutient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.