Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me (1876 Views)

My Story As Third Class Graduate / With Third Class Degree Is Their Any Hope / Tony Elumelu Of UBA Graduated With Third Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by darude(m): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2009
i graduated with C.G.P. 2.3 which is in third class Hons. in Industrial Chemistry but im actually planning to go into IT fully, now i dnt know what to do, maybe i have to go back& apply for extra semester to make up C.G.P 2.40 or can I go directly for Masters in a computer Science related course with or without PGD.  before venturing into IT, or I can go IT directly.
Pls advice me because of the competition in the Labour Market!
your reply will really go a long way to help me take my final decision on this issue.
thanks.
Re: After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by jumie(f): 4:25pm On Jun 19, 2009
If you are interested in IT then i suggest you focus on IT. What you made in school does not matter. You should just go ahead and take the IT courses that you want, it will equally boost your CV. Going for Masters in your course will only streamline you into industrial chem related jobs.

All da best!

1 Like

Re: After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by darude(m): 6:34pm On Jun 20, 2009
thanx a lot!
Re: After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by blinkie: 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2009
Hey! Your grades do not really matter, just be focused and think of what you really want to do with your life.If you want to build a career, start first, make a cv, your grades are not meant to appear on your cv. Then try to gain experience as much as possible, cos experience speaks most when you do not have a wonderful result to flaunt.Try to go to www.editmycv.com.And stop being confused.IT IS WELL!
Re: After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by Orisdude: 11:19am On Jun 24, 2009
Dude don't sweat it; the most important thing is to figure out what interests you and to chase it mightily.
And that will be your main problem- stop looking at what everyone is doing and ask yourself what you want to do.
Re: After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by ogettegift: 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2009
my brother in the country 2day, itz not about ur grades, all you need is determination and boldness. don't be intimidated. I suggest you go into a profession that you are passionate about and who knows you could strive, Let me give you an Idea-

Broadcasting- If you are interested, you could go for the training at Ladipo b/stop Oshodi That is FRCN training school

You could also ask of any aviation school and attend the training.
gud luck,
Re: After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by Redfox(m): 10:40am On Jul 08, 2009
To add to the numerous positive advice. i say to you with courage that it doesn't how many times you fall but your ability to get up and fight.you can do it brother.IT remains the highest earning profession.,your achievements in that sector has nothing to do with your first degree performance(s).
Re: After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by ProfJYK(m): 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2009
in this century, its not all about ur CGPA, but about your ideas, and adaptability in the face of today's chalenges.

being bookwise is an advantage but without it, u'll still survive on wits, instincts, streetwiseness.

lets face the truth, to what degree is the applicability of econometrics in our every day life?

u already indicated an interest in IT. plow ahead, as i can see IT helping the field of industrial chemistry and not industrial chemistry helping IT.

its the ICT age, go on and exploit it.

1 Like

Re: After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by alphabbey1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
Is this guy still alive, if so, please signify. After 5yrs, what are u doing now?
Re: After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by Jobsdome: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
alphabbey1:
Is this guy still alive, if so, please signify. After 5yrs, what are u doing now?
According to his profile he was last seen Dec 2, 2010
Re: After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by alphabbey1(m): 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
Jobsdome:
According to his profile he was last seen Dec 2, 2010
ok, thanks for the update
Re: After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me by ogawisdom(m): 10:45am On Jan 10, 2016
darude:
i graduated with C.G.P. 2.3 which is in third class Hons. in Industrial Chemistry but im actually planning to go into IT fully, now i dnt know what to do, maybe i have to go back& apply for extra semester to make up C.G.P 2.40 or can I go directly for Masters in a computer Science related course with or without PGD.  before venturing into IT, or I can go IT directly.
Pls advice me because of the competition in the Labour Market!
your reply will really go a long way to help me take my final decision on this issue.

thanks.

Dnt waste ur cash pursuing shadow, go and start ur own business or go and learn a skill or better still go into farming catfish, poultry etc. No one will employ a third class holder. Entrepreneurship is ur best bet even first class graduates will soon kneel down for u to employ them b4 long tongue

(1) (Reply)

Careers In Human Geography / Hot And Interesting Project Topics On "Political Science". / Where Can I Begin Life Cheaply As A Fresh Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.