Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers (66257 Views)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year / Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 13, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday caught most members of the Federal Executive Council unaware as he arrived the Council Chambers for the council’s meeting at about 9.50am.

Only a handful council members were already in the hall for the meeting slated for 10am at the time Buhari arrived.

Immediately he stepped into the hall, the President noted the absence of most of the council members.

“I came too early,” he said as he asked members in attendance to recite the National Anthem.

As of the time the meeting started, only about 19 out of the 36 ministers were in attendance.

The Head of Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita; and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, were also in attendance.

Shortly after, journalists were excused and the meeting went into closed session, some members including Vice President Yemi Osinbajo; Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari; National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno; Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige; and Minister of State, Foreign Affairs, Khadija Bukar Abba; arrived.

They were however not late as they arrived at about 9.55am.

Many of them were seen checking their time and rushing into the chamber when they discovered that the meeting had started.

Some other ministers however arrived after the 10am scheduled take off time.

http://www.punchng.com/fec-buhari-shocks-osinbajo-ministers/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by deji68: 11:38am On Jan 13, 2016

4 Likes

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by modath(f): 11:40am On Jan 13, 2016
Oh God, is everything newsworthy !!

OP, we all have more time than we need hence the foray into NL but you can spend the time on cutting grass or some tasks of that nature!

Resist all future temptations to open dis kain thread!!! E dey fall hand!! smiley

*Modified*.... I missed the part where some showed up after the commencement of the meeting, I stand corrected, not someone to endorse tardiness... Apologies....

Some other ministers however arrived after the 10am scheduled take off time..

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 13, 2016
Good. Hope this will continue to eradicate african time

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by amtaken(f): 11:41am On Jan 13, 2016
The meeting can only make sense if it can resolve the gross economic recession being witnessed in Nigeria.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by Tochaigh: 11:42am On Jan 13, 2016
I used to go for 7am classes in OAU. Almost always punctual.

My point? Is this nonsense supposed to be celebrated or what?!

What has happened to the reasoning capabilities of the average Nigerian youth?!

Edited:

It is a shame that punch newspaper found this news worthy. A slap on their face Infact.

153 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by ernesty20(m): 11:42am On Jan 13, 2016
How does it reduce the suffering of the masses? Mtchhwww

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by richidinho(m): 11:42am On Jan 13, 2016
mttcheeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by ricsman(m): 11:43am On Jan 13, 2016
and it made FP!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by shameseun: 11:43am On Jan 13, 2016
Not how far, but how well. "Okeke jere army, kedi boot ya"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:44am On Jan 13, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:51am On Jan 13, 2016
We don hear say baba go FEC meeting early. Clap for him

14 Likes

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by dustydee: 11:56am On Jan 13, 2016
Tochaigh:
I used to go for 7am classes in OAU. Almost always punctual.

My point? Is this nonsense supposed to be celebrated or what?!

What has happened to the reasoning capabilities of the average Nigerian youth?!
So you will get a seat, bah? This one is different o.

10 Likes

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by bjdon: 11:59am On Jan 13, 2016
I am sorry but there is nothing to celebrate here.

The meeting was scheduled to start at 10am. Buhari arrived early, ok that's good, but he should not have asked for the National Anthem to be sung and for the meeting to commence before 10am. If that is indeed what happened, then his behavior was actually disrespectful to the others who arrived after him but still before 10am.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
.....and the essence of this post is......
Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
Great grin
Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by Ecoterrorism(f): 12:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
amtaken:
The meeting can only make sense if it can resolve the gross economic recession being witnessed in Nigeria.
wailers tongue tongue tongue our president early attendance has made the dollar to crash grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by Tochaigh: 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
dustydee:

So you will get a seat, bah? This one is different o.

NO. 120 students max, class capacity, over 150

1 Like

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by D3mon: 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by franklingud(m): 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
Make I do wetin?
I think say he don find d #Missingbudget sef.

Person go come work early but he no finally work anything, na wetin we go call am

1 Like

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by Lilimax(f): 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
....And what is Breaking about this news? embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by idupaul: 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
Can people allow this man achieve something tangible instead of making any normal thing he does look lilke an achievement

11 Likes

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by ibisko04: 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2016
bjdon:
I am sorry but there is nothing to celebrate here.

The meeting was scheduled to start at 10am. Buhari arrived early, ok that's good, but he should not have asked for the National Anthem to be sung and for the meeting to commence before 10am. If that is indeed what happened, then his behavior was actually disrespectful to the others who arrived after him but still before 10am.

I beg to differ from your observation. Punctuality is the soul of business. A meeting scheduled for 10.00am supposed to have had all the attendants sited by 9.50am.
Seriousness of the cabinet ministers matter a lots in achieving desires results.

13 Likes

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by free2ryhme: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2016
where did you concort these lies from grin
Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by naijaboy756: 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
franklingud:
Make I do wetin?
I think say he don find d #Missingbudget sef.

Person go come work early but he no finally work anything, na wetin we go call am
kia kia kia kia kia!!! grin you are a genius
Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by Goke7: 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2016
ibisko04:

I beg to differ from your observation. Punctuality is the soul of business. A meeting scheduled for 10.00am supposed to have had all the attendants sited by 9.50am.
Seriousness of the cabinet ministers matter a lots in achieving desires results.

Thanks for the clarifications, we take little details for granted in Nigeria, that's why serious minded guys are easily misunderstood in our society

4 Likes

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by knostbrown01(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
. What is the effect of buhari for coming early?..
when dollar is 300 to naira...

I should start praising him now @punch

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by DIKEnaWAR: 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
The same people that claimed they were eager to work with Mr President in his desire to restore discipline. They should start by keeping to time like their boss.

I am tired of seeing things done like it doesn't matter in this country. Welldone PMB!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by islandmoon: 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
as the meeting was going on, how many of the ministers went to pee? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by Dareywillie5(m): 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
it is well
Re: FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers by drss(m): 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2016
I am taking my time to avoid mistake. - Buari dullard, den Gbam!!! National Budget dat took buari 7 months to prepare was declared missing! sad now how does buari's arriving to meetings on time save d missing budget n d economy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Zones Presidency To South West, VP To North East - Tribune / Yemi Osinbajo & Goodluck Jonathan In Abeokuta (Photo) / Atiku Beats Buhari In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.