Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady (91016 Views)

I Married A Stranger! I Caught My Wife With Her Boss At Ikeja Hotel! / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by sheilak: 5:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
GuyTye:
As an AA I've seen quite a few Africans and diaspora people dating white people. In my experiences I've seen a lot of Ghanians do this. I have to admit I do feel some kind of way about this. People tend to believe that marrying a white man is easier because he "has no culture," they think he is more open minded. People forget that Europeans are "open minded" because they have had years of traveling around the world taking ownership of other people and those people's lands. One or two interracial relationships are hardly anything to fuss over but I find the rapid increase tragic. People of African descent have worked so hard for independence only to have their daughters and sons look for beauty and love outside themselves.

Please don't mistake what I am saying for hatred because I do not hate white people. What I see is that over time interracial families will have descendants who lose interest in their African roots in exchange for favor of European culture. Let's not forget how the 'West' portrays the African continent as a whole, how television programs depict it as a monolith void of diversity and incapable of leading itself. These were common opinions of many European scholars who unfortunately wrote many of the first books about Africa the rest of the world was exposed to. As an African American I had to sift through much of this propoganda to learn about my heritage. I have sat down with white people from all over the world who casually speak of Africa as if it is nothing, as if their version of truth is the only one that matters.

The question is, will children of interracial marriages be molded in the image of a Nigeria, Ghanian, Togolese, etc? Will you be able to say you are truly raising them in an "African house" or will your culture be relegated to a few books on shelves or Yoruba words they hear in your phone conversations with relatives abroad. Recently I ran into a beautiful black South African girl. Her mother brought her to the US when she was 2 years old and never taught her what tribe she was from or anything about the town they left. She told me her mother said "just be glad you're American now" and was pushing her to find white guys to marry. This hurt me a lot! This isn't just a Diaspora issue, it's an African one too and its growing! I feel like there is something black women feel they're not getting from black men. It has to do with the environment and how harshly they may feel they are treated and we have to make it better or we lose everything.

On one hand, I believe the world is becoming globalised and we should all work towards it but on the other hand, we have to face our reality. The world is not colour blind, the world's nicest and most objective person would still make that mistake on race. Whether or not you have never been to Africa, whether or not you speak an African language....inasmuch you have a black sin, you cannot escape the reality therefore I believe we ought to start taking supreme pride in who we are. However we should also try to balance it with the way we see the world.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Sagamite(m): 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
You are like Missy89 and Sagamite both of them are nemesis to half-baked scholars

No one can ever be like Sagamite o.

I am a God on Earth.

But I am not surprised a smart girl is flogging the cretin called SirShymexx. When someone is a cretin who never uses his brain, he would always be found out by smart people.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by robosky02(m): 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
lanicky:
Nigerian girls rock! grin

yes they rock.........

as grad2012

she is one lol

1 Like

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by grad2012(f): 12:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
robosky02:

yes they rock.........

as grad2012

she is one lol
heay suga lols u bak.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by babysophie(f): 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
Naija ladies n guys rock wella cos dey eat gud food dt make deir body stand out,strong n thick including deir privates. Dose Caucasians v soft n weak bodies,especially deir 'thing',drefore,he will love our food to b in d middle.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by robosky02(m): 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
yes dear how you doing
happy easter
grad2012:
heay suga lols u bak.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story / Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) / Man Sleeps With His Neighbor's Wife, Beats Her Husband After He Caught Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.