Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

3things You Must (or Should) Always Have With You In Nigeria. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 3things You Must (or Should) Always Have With You In Nigeria. (580 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3things You Must (or Should) Always Have With You In Nigeria. by Adrianpastol(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
Hello all, hope you are having a great day?

This is one of those piece I write out of request, and I had a really thrilling and hilarious time when running the research work for this; you should hear the answers people gave to the question: NAME 3 THINGS YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE ON YOU WHEN GOING? (One answered without hesitating, MY CV; still laughing)

Well, the 3 things on my list may probably shock you but some of the major issues put into consideration before writing this are basic needs, emergency situations, environment (in this case, Nigeria), the working systems, safety etc.

The 3 things you must always have with you when going out are things that can save your life; they are:

1. AN IDENTITY CARD: No matter where you are going, far or near. You should always have an ID card on you, this is like a basic necessity and can be a great use. The ID should have as a basic requirement, your full name, some form of contact address and your picture. This can really save you from been implicated during a crises (Remember, "I no follow" money don increase now)

2. A MOBILE PHONE: The importance of this and its value has greatly increased over the years, to the extend that even Kids now carry mobile phones and this has its advantages. When going out you should always have your phone with you as it can even safe your life, or help rescue you from the craziest situations (like if you get stranded after knocking down an old yoruba woman's tomatoes with no money on you. Lol...)

But carrying a phone is not really enough. In the case of an accident that leaves you unconscious, and your phone becomes the only means of communicating your family, it doesn't help if your phone is locked. The habit of locking phones with codes or patterns may in this case do more harm than do. I strongly recommended you stop locking your phone as it may safe you life one day (Besides, a locked phone does not really stop the thieves from stealing and selling them as they can easily unlock them.)

Another factor to consider as regards phones after making it accessible is making it useful, directing the founder towards who to call.

If someone finds your phone and needs to contact someone, how would he know who to call from your contact list? This leads to the question, HAVE YOU ICE-D YOUR PHONE? Ever phone should be ICE-d; this simply means saving a particular contact on your phone with the letters ICE before the contact name e.g ICE Micheal, ICE Dad, ICE Tunde etc. This direct one towards who to call "in case of emergency"

3. A BLOOD CARD: This is the third thing you should always have on you when you go out, and yes this can really save your life. If one is traveling and gets involved in a fatal accident which leads to been rushed to the hospital unconscious with great loss of blood, to the extend that blood has to be given to the victim immediately, knowing certain details about the patient blood can save a lot of time and life. In Nigeria for example we lack the data-base that can grand the practitioners easy access to these information in other to act fast thus your blood card can do the magic.

A blood card should have the following details: Full name, ABO blood group, Rhesus factor, and genotype. You can get a blood card from a licensed laboratory.

Those are the 3 things you should have on you when going out, thanks for reading. You can share your thoughts and comments below, and yes. DON'T FORGET TO SHARE, YOU MAY JUST BE SAVING A LIFE.

SEE ALSO:
HAVE YOU ICE-D YOUR PHONE?
5 THINGS YOU MUST NOT SLEEP WITH

and others @ source: www.git9ja.com
Re: 3things You Must (or Should) Always Have With You In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
Only God knows where you found Number three to add to the list. Even developed countries don't care about it so its not important.

Anyway, let me add my own:
4. COMMON SENSE: Never leave home without this. They say its common but not everyone possesses it. Depending on where you're based in the country this would save you from being defrauded or stepping into a location guaranteed to spoil your day.

1 Like

Re: 3things You Must (or Should) Always Have With You In Nigeria. by Adrianpastol(m): 12:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
Lol...

number 3 is there really because we are still a developing nation.

I love your input of COMMON SENSE, in reality not everyone even have it. smile***

(1) (Reply)

An Unidentified Lady Dumped A Day Old Baby On The Road / No.1 #online Most Definite - Voodoo- Charms - Love Spell Caster +27810621161.... / Read What Olubadan Did To Igbo Community Leader In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.