Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:54 PM

White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce (2926 Views)

How To Prepare Ekuru/ofuloju (white Moimoi And Stew) / Masa Serve With Groundnut Soup / Naija Recipe: How To Make BOLI With Sauce And Smoked Fish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce by scarletpearl(f): 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2016
white moin-moin/ekuru is another way to prepare a dish made with beans.
so decided to make two different sauce to be served with the white moin-moin
1. pepper sauce is mostly used by the Yoruba's
2. vegetable sauce is use by the people of Edo state.

White moin-moin
ingredients
-beans
-onion
-salt

method of preparation
Peel beans,grind with onion.
mix thoroughly (a hand mixer can be used) and add little salt.
pour into cans or nylon or moin-moin leave.
cook for 30-40mins till is cooked
* it should be thick,grind with little water.

for pepper sauce
ingredients
-pepper
-tomatoes
-Onion
-palm oil
-Maggi, salt
- dry cat fish
-cow skin, liver (if desired)

method of preparing
-grind(blend)tomatoes, pepper, onion set aside
- wash, remove bone from dry fish, wash liver or beef put into a pot and season add water and cook
- cut the liver or beef and cow skin into little sizes
- pour oil into a pot and place on the fire,heat for a min or two
- pour the grinded tomatoes and pepper into the oil,fry until there isn't a trace of water
- add the liver, cow skin, dry fish and everything you decide to add
put add little salt. and its ready

vegetable sauce
ingredients
-garden egg
-okra
-fresh pepper
-palm oil
-salt
-maggi

method of preparing
- cut each garden egg into four tie in a nylon
- cut each okra 2(cutting it make it easy to mash)
- tie pepper inside nylon.
*this method is simply to heat the vegetables.
- put into a pot and boil or put into the pot where moin-moin is being cooked.
- after 10mins bring it out and and remove from nylon and put into a pot mash it using a spoon or spatula (turning stick)
- add oil ,salt and Maggi to taste, place on the fire for two mins and its ready

1 Like

Re: White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce by donbenedict(m): 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
sad

Don't like it
Re: White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce by sayyid(m): 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
9ice work op ekuru always taste gud
Re: White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce by scarletpearl(f): 5:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
it does dear*smile
Re: White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce by aydelicious: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
You did a great job there but your recipe is deferent from mine because I cook this to one of my customer,How I cook mysauce Is also deference from yours but the job you did is excellent sa ooh.

1 Like

Re: White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce by Chomsky1967(f): 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
The real sauce by the edo people doesn't contain any seasoning. You need okra, Ewedu leaves, garden eggs, pepper and palm oil. Steam and mash them and add palm oil. Voila! No heating required after steaming. That's the original recipe straight from grandmama in the village. Note that quantity of each item depends on you.

1 Like

Re: White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce by donbenedict(m): 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
scarletpearl:
white moin-moin/ekuru is another way to prepare a dish made with beans.
so decided to make two different sauce to be served with the white moin-moin
1. pepper sauce is mostly used by the Yoruba's
2. vegetable sauce is use by the people of Edo state.

White moin-moin
ingredients
-beans
-onion
-salt

method of preparation
Peel beans,grind with onion.
mix thoroughly (a hand mixer can be used) and add little salt.
pour into cans or nylon or moin-moin leave.
cook for 30-40mins till is cooked
* it should be thick,grind with little water.

for pepper sauce
ingredients
-pepper
-tomatoes
-Onion
-palm oil
-Maggi, salt
- dry cat fish
-cow skin, liver (if desired)

method of preparing
-grind(blend)tomatoes, pepper, onion set aside
- wash, remove bone from dry fish, wash liver or beef put into a pot and season add water and cook
- cut the liver or beef and cow skin into little sizes
- pour oil into a pot and place on the fire,heat for a min or two
- pour the grinded tomatoes and pepper into the oil,fry until there isn't a trace of water
- add the liver, cow skin, dry fish and everything you decide to add
put add little salt. and its ready

vegetable sauce
ingredients
-garden egg
-okra
-fresh pepper
-palm oil
-salt
-maggi

method of preparing
- cut each garden egg into four tie in a nylon
- cut each okra 2(cutting it make it easy to mash)
- tie pepper inside nylon.
*this method is simply to heat the vegetables.
- put into a pot and boil or put into the pot where moin-moin is being cooked.
- after 10mins bring it out and and remove from nylon and put into a pot mash it using a spoon or spatula (turning stick)
- add oil ,salt and Maggi to taste, place on the fire for two mins and its ready

can u teach me hw to cook stew please? Am so hungry ryt nw. Thanks
Re: White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce by scarletpearl(f): 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
Chomsky1967:
The real sauce by the edo people doesn't contain any seasoning. You need okra, Ewedu leaves, garden eggs, pepper and palm oil. Steam and mash them and add palm oil. Voila! No heating required after steaming. That's the original recipe straight from grandmama in the village. Note that quantity of each item depends on you.
thanks so much ma for commenting very grateful, my grandmother is Edo,though she adds ewedu,but in this pix no ewedu but she heats it and its tasteless without seasoning I prefer at least salt.
Re: White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce by scarletpearl(f): 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
donbenedict:
can u teach me hw to cook stew please? Am so hungry ryt nw. Thanks
dear am so sorry saw this late Mrs oj style is how I prepare mine, the other guy style is more of imoyo stew,am so sorry next time send a mail to *latifahkilani@gmail.com
Re: White Moin-moin(ekuru) Serve With Sauce by dhummystecah(f): 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
I love this food like kilode. Thanks for the recipe.

(1) (Reply)

Help Estimate Jollof Rice For About 400 Guests / Highly Fortified Packaged Garri. / Industrial Oven.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.