Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,147 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ (35365 Views)

More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills / Governor Ayade Cries In His Office Over The Condition Of Refugees. Photos / Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by hmuhammad(m): 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2016

Ayade fingered in the arrest of former PDP national publicity secretary

Cross River State Governor, Benedict Ayade, visited President Muhammadu Buhari wednesday where he described the ongoing anti-graft war as perfect.

The governor, who addressed State House correspondents after meeting with the president, said the war against corruption was already yielding positive result.

According to hm, investors are already trooping into Cross River as a result of the anti-corruption war.

“The anti-corruption war is perfect. For those who know the pains, hardship and frustrations that Nigerians have passed through; as a nation, there is so much in terms of natural resources and the people are so poor. It is only obvious that any serious government must take the issue of corruption seriously.

“I think that’s why today, Nigeria is beginning to have national and international image that looks like Nigeria is getting prepared for business. That is why investments are flowing into Cross River State. That’s a sign that the anti-corruption war is actually working and it is giving Nigeria the international image that we need.

“The state has a lot of investors coming in to start massive investments in rice project in the state. To that extent, I just needed to come and brief the president so that he would’ve an idea of what’s going on in the state and of course, use the opportunity to brief him on some other issues,” Ayade said

On the Bakassi Deep Sea Port dredging contract, he said: “The project is real and that is part of what I discussed with Mr. President and the president has given his commitment that he’ll support the deep sea port and the evacuation corridor which is the 260kilometer super highway. The president did give advice and warning that as far as that he had come to give support to this programme, I must come to give quarterly progress report on this project.”

The governor added that he also discussed rice production with the president.

“This is part of what I discussed with the President. Since we have special commercial credit facility for which as a state we have requested for N4.8billion. If we have that it will support us. But basically interns of the investment outlay, the investment outlay is over N10billion and there is also a foreign element which is a function of what the foreign partners are bringing,” he said.

Meanwhile, the governor has been fingered as a Chief Magistrate Court in Calabar wednesday ordered the arrest of the former National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Mr. Venatius Ikem, who recently defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The order was given following an application by the police that a warrant of arrest be issued by the chief magistrate for Ikem’s arrest for his failure to honour the court summons.

The summons had the state Commissioner of Police as plaintiff while is Ikem the defendant.

It read in part: “To Venatius Ikem, ‘M’ of House 4, Etim Ekpo Close, Parliamentary village. You are commanded in the name of the Chief Magistrate Grade I, to attend before the Court at Moore Road, Calabar on January 13, 2016, at the hour of 9a.m. in the forenoon and so from day to day until the above named cause is tired to give evidence in the above named cause.”

It was gathered that the matter in which Ikem was being summoned in court occurred in 2011 when he had a brawl with a politician who is now serving in Ayade’s government.

Reacting to the arrest order, Chief Okoi Obono-Obla who stated that the order of the Chief Magistrate court would be challenged at a higher court, said the entire issue directed against Ikem amounted to political witch-hunt against political opponents of the governor.

In a statement made available to journalists , Obono-Obla stated: “I strongly condemn the use of the Nigeria Police Force and the judiciary in Cross River State by Governor Ayade to oppress, intimidate and hound his opponents especially members of the All Progressives Congress (APC). I condemn the order of arrest issued by a Chief Magistrates’ Court sitting in Calabar against a chieftain of the APC, Ikem today for allegedly failing to appear before a Chief Magistrates’ Court, Calabar over a politically-motivated and trumped charge that was initiated by agents of Ayade to hound and embarrass Ikem who recently defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the APC did not go down well with the governor.

“Yesterday (Tuesday) a purported summons requesting Ikem to appear before a Chief Magistrates’ Court, Calabar today was dropped at the private residence of Barrister Ikem in Calabar. Ikem was away to Lagos on a business meeting. Today (Wednesday) when the case was mentioned in Court and Ikem was absent in court, the police prosecutor applied for the issuance of a warrant of arrest.

“Despite the fact there was evidence before the Chief Magistrate that the summons was not personally served on Ikem ( as required by law) the chief magistrate regrettably and improperly issued a bench warrant for the arrest of Ikem. Accordingly Ikem has instructed me to file an application for the enforcement of his fundamental rights in the Federal High Court, Calabar to quash the purported warrant of arrest.”

But, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Christian Ita, described those associating Ayade with the court order as hypocrites.

“The mantra of the APC government is change and the rule of law. So, what is happening in court as all about the rule of law which the APC members have been preaching? The order day, Obono-Obla wrote an article rejoining Femi Falana, in support of the continued detention of Sambo Dasuki and others citing legal issues, so why is the warrant issued by the magistrate court against their party man not view as a judicial matter.

“Please, they should leave my boss out of this. Ikem should go to the court with his lawyers and defend himself instead of assuming the governor unjustly in a matter he is not involved.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-s-anti-corruption-war-perfect-says-cross-river-governor/230271/?src=ilaw

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
Only children of hate will not agree with Mr president fight against corruption. Good one from the governor though.

GOD bless and protect Mr president

GOD bless Nigeria.

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
The friendship between this governor and Mr. Buhari is noteworthy. I'm sure he's going to attract much patronage to his state; while he remains with the PDP

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by raumdeuter: 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
hmuhammad:
by Emeka Nwankwo

However, Governor Ayade stated that: “The anti-corruption war is perfect. Those who know the pains, hardship and frustrations that Nigerians have passed through will agree with me on this.
“As a nation, there is so much in terms of natural resources and the people are so poor.
“It is only obvious that any serious government must take the issue of corruption seriously, and I think that is why today Nigeria is beginning to have national and international image that looks like Nigeria is getting prepared for business.
“That is why investments are flowing into Cross River State, that is a sign that the anti-corruption war is actually working and it is giving Nigeria the international image that we need.”
http://ynaija.com/the-anti-corruption-war-is-perfect-pdp-governor/

Very soon some children of hate would call this governor Awusa slave. Well said Governor

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by seunmsg(m): 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
God bless gov. Ben Ayade. He has shown severally that he's a patriotic Nigerian who is ready to put the interest of the country first despite his membership of the opposition party.

Criticising PMB for fighting corruption simply because you are in the opposition does not make any sense. We all suffer collectively when the ruling elites steals what belongs to all of us and we should unite and fight them irrespective of party affiliation. Kudos to gov. Ayade for showing how opposition politics should be played. Fayose and his gang of wailers should learn from him.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by doctokwus: 6:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
It's common sense. Anybody against the anti corruption war either looted or was benefiting from those that looted.Thats y they wud rather the country divides, BH bombings increase,the nation in perpetual crisis or something terrible happens to the president!
God pass them.

28 Likes

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by kossyablaze(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
sameer1212:
Good.
yh
Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 13, 2016
It will be a great thing for cross river state if Ben Ayade can transform cross rivers state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by OgbeifunErom: 6:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
This is a vivid indication that there is a clear difference between the SS and the SE

I hope IPOB youths are paying attention

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by GOFRONT(m): 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2016
My fellow NLers!!!.....What does it mean for an Unscrupulous element to PLEADED NOT GUILTY? As it is always used in the court of law?? Abeg I wan learn??
Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2016
OgbeifunErom:
There is a clear difference between the SS and the SE

For sure. We in south south are more objective and less emotional compared to South East.
We are less tribal and less religious bigot.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by usecondom(m): 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
Better Governor wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by OgbeifunErom: 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
tuale4u:

For sure. We in south south are more objective and less emotional compared to South East.
We are less tribal and less religious bigot.

I think that is very clear for all to see

So why do IPOB youths lump the SS with the SE?

30 Likes

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by Arch1: 6:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
kITATITA:
The friendship between this governor and Mr. Buhari is noteworthy. I'm sure he's going to attract much patronage to his state; while he remains with the PDP
Exactly
Few weeks ago, PMB was at Cross Rivers state for the ground breaking ceremony of a 280KM Super Highway and the construction of the Bakassi Deep Seaport

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by OgbeifunErom: 6:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
kITATITA:

It is called Strategic Thinking.

He will not put all his eggs in one basket. Afterall, he is not an IPOB youth

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by AtlanticBreeze: 6:54pm On Jan 13, 2016
I have called this sycophant governor a mole right from when he invited buhari to flag off a project in his state and invited a traitor like Amaechi to carnival. PDP should expel this governor. SS is pdp, nothing will happen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by Bigprozzie: 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
[s]I have called this sycophant governor a mole right from when he invited buhari to flag off a project in his state and invited a traitor like Amaechi to carnival. PDP should expel this governor. SS is pdp, nothing will happen[/s]

Freeglobe, are you serving a ban?

Anybody that does not support Ipob policies is a sycophant to you.

Believe it or not there are some people in PDP who are very happy with Buhari's anti corruption efforts

Lalasticlala, pls FP

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by vedaxcool(m): 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
6 oya wailers come and recieve sense from gov ayade.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by chiddye(m): 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
if Nigeria does not kill corruption, corruption would kill Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by iyobosadavid: 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
I concur with Ben Ayade, I can see the change flowing already in his blood, and if you observed well he is more glued to APC representatives than his party representatives

3 Likes

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by SUBWAY101(m): 8:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
I have called this sycophant governor a mole right from when he invited buhari to flag off a project in his state and invited a traitor like Amaechi to carnival. PDP should expel this governor. SS is pdp, nothing will happen

freeglobe, you have no shame. Its clear you ipob youths cant do without nairaland, after all your lame threat. lmaooo

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by FastShipping: 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
kITATITA:

I don't blame the governor. He needs all the federal support he can get that can abundantly benefit his people.

5 Likes

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by obailala(m): 9:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
Some governors have been making the news for the right reasons with world class economy changing projects while some others have been busy cutting kpomo and buying fresh fish by the roadside. And strangely, their supporters seem to prefer the kpomo cutting dude. lipsrsealed

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by akinyeleaa: 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
OgbeifunErom:
This is a vivid indication that there is a clear difference between the SS and the SE

I hope IPOB youths are paying attention
Not everyone from SE bro, Ebonyi state gov, Umahi also stated his support for the pres sometimes back on this. There are a few others among them who also support him. Even those who don't support him knows he is sincere, just that they don't want to support someone they rejected at the pools, defeatist thing, kinda

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by akinyeleaa: 10:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
I have called this sycophant governor a mole right from when he invited buhari to flag off a project in his state and invited a traitor like Amaechi to carnival. PDP should EXPEL this governor. SS is pdp, nothing will happen
Jeez, PDP should expel him simply because he invited the president to flag off a project in his state?
I give up

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by orisa37: 10:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
He will soon defect.
Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by AtlanticBreeze: 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2016
akinyeleaa:

Jeez, PDP should expel him simply because he invited the president to flag off a project in his state?
I give up
it is an open secret the governor has been romancing the apc evil party

3 Likes

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by hmuhammad(m): 5:55am On Jan 14, 2016
Bigprozzie:

Freeglobe, are you serving a ban?

Anybody that does not support Ipob policies is a sycophant to you.

Believe it or not there are some people in PDP who are very happy with Buhari's anti corruption efforts

Lalasticlala, pls FP
Lalasticlala abeg food is ready
Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 14, 2016
Front page.

Mynd44
Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by phemmie06(m): 6:23am On Jan 14, 2016
Hope this man will not be disowned by this statement the same way the deputy publicity secretary was disowned

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ by babyfaceafrica: 6:25am On Jan 14, 2016
Shows SS are more logical and pragmatic than SE

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Supporters Request Sack Of Labour Party Social Media Handler / Lagos Awards Contracts To Suya And Asun Company, Nigerians React / Senator Ben Bruce's Successor, Hon. Blessing Izagara Pays Him A Visit (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.