Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 (32468 Views)

Yobe Corper Sits On The Floor In Classroom To Teach His Students (Photos) / NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools / FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by BALLOSKI: 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
The National Youth Service Corps has concluded plans to halt the posting of engineers to secondary schools and other places of primary assignment different from Engineering Institutions. The agreement was reached by the Directorate of NYSC and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).

Speaking at the Pre-Inauguration stakeholders’ workshop of the 30th President of the Nigerian Society of Engineers held yesterday in Abuja, the President of COREN, Engineer Kashim A. Ali, disclosed that the Council has secured an agreement with the Director General of NYSC to what he referred to as prevention of wrong training of Engineers. He also said that the Director of Mobilization of NYSC has also been notified of the new development and they have fashioned modalities for its success.

Ali said “Posting engineers during their service year to places they will not benefit is depriving them the opportunity of training and by implication the country is losing. The DG of NYSC agreed with us and directed the Director of Mobilization to ensure that engineers are posted to only engineering institutions.

“To help him, the Director of Mobilization requested that we should assist to give them the names of engineering organizations in all the states of the federation so that when they are doing their posting they will send them to such places.”

(Peter Ogbonna Eze, SUN NEWS ONLINE)

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/nysc-bars-posting-engineers-to-teach-in-secondary-schools/

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Theyveedo(m): 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
Finally!!!

So I don't get to become a by force teacher.
Thank God

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by cana882(m): 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
Finally!!! Sigh of relief.. but y now I finished service after teaching maths and physics??

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
Good news

1 Like

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by BALLOSKI: 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2016
cana882:
Finally!!! Sigh of relief.. but y now I finished service after teaching maths and physics??
grin na ur luck b dat

9 Likes

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by destino24(m): 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
O yes!!!
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by cana882(m): 11:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
BALLOSKI:
grin na ur luck b dat
dis kin luck no b gud one o
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by destino24(m): 6:05am On Jan 14, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:21am On Jan 14, 2016
Not fair. After I was made to teach by force by fire. Sebi I would have been retained in shell now. Diaris God oo. I enjoyed teaching tho and I loved my students. Can't say same about my school and NYSC scam. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Kelvin0(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2016
A good step in the right direction if properly implemented, and if it's not hijacked by the high and mighty.

#PROUD CHEMICAL ENGINEER

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by ayusco85(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2016
Then most engineers wont have a place of primary assignment when they leave camp, because most of them will be rejected by the so called engineering firms.

secondary schools is the saving grace of most corp members because most corpers posted to other organisations aside secondary schools are rejected.. very few are accepted..

last bullet: this is a dumb move, only the engineering corp members will suffer it

29 Likes

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Thayay(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2016
Thumbs up. I know fear will start gripping some lazy engineers that wishes to graduate and become a potential marketer, and other administrative jobs.
Imagine back then in school when someone who claimed to have 1st class in engineering going to different schools to market a book. I was wondering what makes that profession tallies with his present job...............
Anyway, in other news.
The mod, that banned me for a week shouldn't let me see him/her in mainland oo, cuz street ti take over. U thought a week won't end, but here i am now. God pass u.
What shall it profit a man to be transferring his aggression on people cuz he's jealous of seun's success lol. U busy acting as LAWMA when seun is getting richer day by day , though it's a pleasure leaving my trash for you sha.

10 Likes

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by veraponpo(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2016
Welcome idea.

We need to use their brains and not to waste it

1 Like

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by 7footre(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2016
Nonsense !!! angry angry angry why did they leave it this late ehn?
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by SenatorTobijah(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2016
NYSC officals just woke up
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by yomalex(m): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
so now they remember

1 Like

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Joeace3000(m): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
Very very good development. Employers will be asking for experience when NYSC that should have been use to gather experience and spur interest in our fields of study are used in teaching in class... Let the schools find teachers n let graduates get job experiences according to what they studied.

Meanwhile Brilliantlightsmedia.com is back and better Please check my Signature. Lets get started right away

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by eleojo23: 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
The engineering institutions should be mandated to accept the corp members else it will be useless.

But wait, how many engineering institutions do we have sef?

5 Likes

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by ITbomb(m): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
So which engineering coy are they to go especially peeps going up north

1 Like

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
Nice
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Psalm18: 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
The policy flip flop on this Nysc is alarming.
Successive administration have toyed with people lives and disrupted families forever all in the name of Services to fatherland.

The corp members that lost their lives in the various elections, those that died traveling on this death traps we call roads, victims of ritualist and kidnappers.

Is it not high time, we take a holistic look at this Nysc.
The reason, Gowon set it up was to foster Unity.
Only the kids of those not connected get posted to outlying states.

Not saying it should be scrapped, you can keep the body, allow it to be OPTIONAL.
Those that choose not to go, give them their certificate and maybe 6 months pay.
Those that want to go get full benefits.

After spending 4/5/6 years in universities, to waste another 1/year doing what you're not competent is no different from the scam that is GNLD marketing.

6 Likes

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by condralbede(m): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
That's good.... but what will they do us that did our PPA at school back then
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by ksstroud: 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
Too late
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by free2ryhme: 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
Good for engineering students bad for social sciences and art students NYSC grin
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Bboy1015(m): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
Nice 1
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Abiagirl777(f): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
yeah while I'm slugging it out with basic science in a sec school.dunno how it correlates with civil eng.
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Akosxxx(m): 11:47am On Jan 14, 2016
This will surely improve the quality of our engineering graduates And to an extent cater for the experience requirement for fresh graduates when job hunting.

Abeg shey geology graduates too go join. At least l wan serve for oyel company

1 Like

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 14, 2016
Great move
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Chidex2442(m): 11:48am On Jan 14, 2016
I smell something here..... Engineering students are not good in the use of English language to communicate..... That's why.....
#My opinion though....
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by skelewu404(m): 11:48am On Jan 14, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
Not fair. After I was made to teach by force by fire. Sebi I would have been retained in shell now. Diaris God oo. I enjoyed teaching tho and I loved my students. Can't say same about my school and NYSC scam. undecided
how will u not like the students when u r yanshing them wink wink wink

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by oc2fish: 11:50am On Jan 14, 2016
Agriculturist should be posted to farms or research institute relivant to their area of concentration. Not to teach Biology and Agric in secondary schools.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by cosby02(m): 11:50am On Jan 14, 2016
grin ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015 Batch B, Streams 1 & 2 Passing Out October 6th & November 4th Respectively / Why Are Corpers Nicknamed Otondo? / How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.