Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM (29702 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Incantations On A Plane To Canada. Photos/video / Canadian Lawmaker In Nigeria To Invite Ooni Of Ife To Canada. Photos / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by gra8mind(m): 1:44am On Jan 14, 2016
Traditional human practice. The woman, probably, already wants to travel out of the country. Perhaps, she has money though.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by LLKJSays(m): 1:52am On Jan 14, 2016
Serious matter this o!
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by paparazzi1987(m): 1:52am On Jan 14, 2016
Why Canada !! Why cant she go to Ghana or Zambia !!
grin
grin
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by bamidell(m): 1:53am On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:
I don’t know why white people are so foolish to the core.

So she ignored all other cities in her own country and other countries in Africa only to land in Canada on asylum claims?

Foolish white governments only end up admitting all sorts of potential troubles for their citizens to deal with in future.

Same way a Yoruba Nigerian who was set to be deported from the UK laid claim to requiring asylum because of boko haram. One would begin to wonder if it's not the same Nigeria that we are all resident in.
Are people not living in Southern Nigeria? Are UK nationals not working and residing in Nigeria?

No wonder fraudsters deliberately seek out white victims. Lots of money in their possession, with an ample display of foolishness.

I salute u brother, they will never grow in that aspect, I salute the white but why getting fooled for what we all know its a lie.... KAI
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by whytevardy(m): 2:00am On Jan 14, 2016
OK
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by islandmoon: 3:11am On Jan 14, 2016
this is just one of those lies to secure a visa, she tarnished Nigeria image and got the visa, foolish oyibos didnt get it
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Ndipe(m): 3:11am On Jan 14, 2016
Stale.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by fr3do(m): 3:32am On Jan 14, 2016
Keneking:
Story ..visa things grin

na so! nairalanders wey no know watsup don already dey criticize africa and naija.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by justmenoni: 3:59am On Jan 14, 2016
Lol u will also see alot of homophobic people claiming to be homosexuals just cos of visa but Al na husstle and I dont blame them instead I blame our govt for failing to develop our country that even the so called western powers will envy us.

quote author=Keneking post=41949613]Story ..visa things grin[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by bigtt76(f): 4:15am On Jan 14, 2016
Make de woman tok true joooooor na naira to dollar rate pursue am nor bi FGM grin
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by AreaFada2: 4:30am On Jan 14, 2016
SAMBARRY:
like genital mutilation ,pedophililia and checking little girls virginity by putting your fingrs into her vagina? undecided

Ok o.ride on with your culture

Well, maybe you have nothing worth preserving in your culture, mine certainly has.
If those you mentioned are those of your culture, my sympathies. grin cheesy

We might be all Africans, but we have certain cultures that are different.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by lyterydim(m): 4:34am On Jan 14, 2016
coolsix:
I dont understand.

A grown woman gave birth to a daughter.. First of all,

IS FGM LEGAL IN NIGERIA

why run away? How will your father in law subject your daughter to torture? And you are scared of him so you ran to a foreign land to claim "Refugee Status". What happened to the Police? You cannot Sue the father in law? Na by force? This is 2016 not 1858. There is a rule of law. He can sue and CAN BE SUED!

That father in law should be arrested and charged to court for molestation and child abuse.
God bless your brain,this is the most ridiculous story ave ever had.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by AreaFada2: 4:36am On Jan 14, 2016
bamidell:

I salute u brother, they will never grow in that aspect, I salute the white but why getting fooled for what we all know its a lie.... KAI

Well, the story fits into their own narrative & perception of Africa.

If someone tells you that a very "ugly" unfriendly lady in the neighborhood is evil, you're more likely to believe it than a fine, young friendly lady. Whereas the opposite might be the case.

We believe things that roughly match our preconceptions.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by ifeanyi83(m): 4:41am On Jan 14, 2016
lonelydora:
Female mutilation is like a buying a phone without a SIM card.

How you wan take enjoy it?

Theses days you can enjoy a phone even without a sim card. grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by jayloyexten(m): 5:06am On Jan 14, 2016
Check this out!!!
www.thepilotdevotionals..com
You may follow via email. Its daily, it's powerful, its just for you!
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by maxti: 5:33am On Jan 14, 2016
Keneking:
Story ..visa things grin

Don't mind them. Very Annoying.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by allthingsgood: 5:57am On Jan 14, 2016
coolsix:
I dont understand.

IS FGM LEGAL IN NIGERIA

why run away? How will your father in law subject your daughter to torture? And you are scared of him so you ran to a foreign land to claim "Refugee Status". What happened to the Police? You cannot Sue the father in law? Na by force? This is 2016 not 1858. There is a rule of law. He can sue and CAN BE SUED!

That father in law should be arrested and charged to court for molestation and child abuse.

Its easy to sit and point fingers from your high horse. But in reality, what u suggesting doesnt always work. Dont be surprised she may have gone to police and the police will support her inlaws. Police often reason with their anus not what is in the law books.

She is just lucky to have escaped this wicked practice. This is why when people stress on culture as a basis for laws, I see them as being silly. Not everything in our culture is right!

3 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by butanep(m): 6:37am On Jan 14, 2016
Jamean:
Female Genital Mutilation - the partial or total removal of the clitoris or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.

The clitoris being a very active stimulant for sexual interests in women is cut off in the bid that it will prevent them from promiscuity. She gets married and is never interested in sex because her module has been tampered with. In an attempt to encourage hubby's efforts she moans fake sounds of pleasure and can't wait for him to roll off.....

Oh! Africa. So the men are left with the birth right of enjoying sex.

You seems to understand more about it...

I had a GF back in school that told me she has never enjoyed sex in her life... she forces herself to enjoy sex. I guess this might be the problem...

Ohhh Africa, why are you so backward. Leave our females ladies alone, they have the right to enjoy sex.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 14, 2016
Make the women take am easy with the lie na all because of Canadian citizenship chei
I hope that her first daughter was not circumcised on purpose for proof sha
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 6:44am On Jan 14, 2016
Keneking:
Story ..visa things grin
Nah you get the code my brother...
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Codeblues(m): 7:08am On Jan 14, 2016
It's very unfortunate that Nigerians seeking asylum in Western countries paints this country bad in other to achieve thier aims. I was in Canada in 2014 and I can tell you the stories these guyz cook up so as to get this asylum papers. I DON'T BELIEVE HER.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Onegai(f): 7:25am On Jan 14, 2016
FGM is stil practised. I served with a lady who said she would do it to her daughter. Just a few days ago, in Family section someone told us of his MiL who was rubbing Dusting powder (that peppery stuff) into his newborn baby's privates to "prevent her from being promiscuous". Which police will arrest an old woman??

People doing it are just going about it more quietly but it is very much practised.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by cardoctor(m): 7:51am On Jan 14, 2016
If its me, na planet venus i go run to.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by jascon1(m): 8:01am On Jan 14, 2016
I dont think you are African or have lived in Africa or even visited Africa. What do u know about the police?? The rate of domestic violence in Africa is alarming. We hear of rape and molestation cases, homicide and so many heinous crimes committed everyday in Africa, but how many convictions being recorded? Next to none. If her claim were true, then she did the best thing in life. Don't come to preach about legal procedure here, cos' by your comment I can easily understand that you have never been through one in your life. Do you think it is easy to sue someone? The case on ground is a case of tradition and rights. As we know deep to the core, Africa is still strongly embedded in its traditional beliefs.
If she were your sister would you have allowed her to go through the torture of a legal battle? Can you sponsor it? Do you have any faith in your judicial system? You will never understand until it comes to you
coolsix:
I dont understand.

IS FGM LEGAL IN NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by awa(m): 8:01am On Jan 14, 2016
Hmmm Africans ehhh, must we use every flimsy excuse to sort for Visa from these western countries?
I just pray you don't run back to Naija citing Cannadians are treating you like second class individual now you have secured their VISA.
I see alot in common between this woman and APC... PROPAGANDA.

Why not just go to Canada without making it appear as if Africa is still operating in 18th century...There is no place like after all your runnings
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by CioAngels(f): 8:05am On Jan 14, 2016
Yes ofcourse, it is being done in all the ukwuani, ndokwa west and ndokwa east local government of delta state. I doubt if there is anybody that will be able to stop it totally. They said is an age long custom.

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by jascon1(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2016
I will advise that you endeavor to make a research concerning the difference between visa, residency and citizenship. Try, it will help you
awa:
Hmmm Africans ehhh, must we use every flimsy excuse to sort for Visa from these western countries?
I just pray you don't run back to Naija citing Cannadians are treating you like second class individual now you have secured their VISA.
I see alot in common between this woman and APC... PROPAGANDA.

Why not just go to Canada without making it appear as if Africa is still operating in 18th century...There is no place like after all your runnings

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by neyogasgas: 8:08am On Jan 14, 2016
I've read people make funny comments about how unbelievable they find this story, how they doubt FGM is still practiced and all that. I was at Jolad Hospital Gbagada late last year and a boy of about 9 years was rushed in as he had been circumcised according to a ritual rite of passage according to his father's culture from this country. The short is that he was evaluated and was told he will never be able to father a child again as the trado method did major damage to his male organ. Please, let's be careful when we judge people. I felt for that boy. Imagine what this woman's daughter has to face in life now because of an age long belief. Kudos to her mum for saving her siblings.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Mubzy93(m): 8:18am On Jan 14, 2016
So Barbaric
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by delishpot: 8:23am On Jan 14, 2016
Kirri:
Make the women take am easy with the lie na all because of Canadian citizenship chei
I hope that her first daughter was not circumcised on purpose for proof sha

Exactly my worry. They should investigate that mater properly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) / Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead / Nigerian Names You Love So Much.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.