Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Why Is Litereature Section Like A Graveyard With Ghosts Running Around? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Is Litereature Section Like A Graveyard With Ghosts Running Around? (666 Views)

Ghosts In The Kinky Part Of Town.... (18+) / Night At The Graveyard By Pen / Dance In The Graveyard (COMPLETE STORY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Litereature Section Like A Graveyard With Ghosts Running Around? by kay29000(m): 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
Why does no one comment on stories posted here? People just view/read your stories, and move on. No constructive criticisms of any kind. I had to post one of my stories in sexuality section to get some reviews.

Really, I am typing this because I am really depressed right now. I am writing a new novella, and I gave four chapters of it to this friend of mine who critiques books, and he tore my book apart. He rated me 2 out of 10, and tore every chapter apart. I would have been okay with his analysis, but he didn't even say one good thing about the story. It made me want to cry...like I am a failure. Like I am the writer version of Vic O. It made me want to give up writing and never ever write again in my life.

Anyway, I have gotten positive reviews from books I posted here in the past, and my friend's critique of my book got me confused. What is it really? Am I really that bad? Or my friend is one of those critiques who feels he is not doing his job well if he doesn't tear down a book?
Re: Why Is Litereature Section Like A Graveyard With Ghosts Running Around? by kay29000(m): 10:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Still no comment.
Re: Why Is Litereature Section Like A Graveyard With Ghosts Running Around? by Godmother(f): 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
Not sure, but the way it works on Lit section, you have to mention your friends so they can come read and comment on your story. That your friend is a mumu. You don't critic a story that way; you make your criticism construction.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Litereature Section Like A Graveyard With Ghosts Running Around? by Divepen1(m): 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2016
Is your friend a writer? post a link of your story...
Re: Why Is Litereature Section Like A Graveyard With Ghosts Running Around? by Divepen1(m): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2016
Re: Why Is Litereature Section Like A Graveyard With Ghosts Running Around? by kay29000(m): 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
Godmother:
Not sure, but the way it works on Lit section, you have to mention your friends so they can come read and comment on your story. That your friend is a mumu. You don't critic a story that way; you make your criticism construction.

Okay. Thanks Godmother.
Re: Why Is Litereature Section Like A Graveyard With Ghosts Running Around? by kay29000(m): 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
Divepen1:
Here is a criticism I did

https://www.nairaland.com/2828785/literature-section-critic-thread#41516066

Yea, this is how I know people critic books. Nice one. About my story, this is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/2854903/lessons-love-monday-story-kayode
Re: Why Is Litereature Section Like A Graveyard With Ghosts Running Around? by kay29000(m): 12:58am On Jan 14, 2016
Guys, I feel better now. The thing is, I am not trying to be a Wole Soyinka, but my friend is looking at my writing from that angle. Of cos I know my writing is not perfect and I need to work on some things, but I am one of the people that are more concerned with telling a great story, rather than dazzling readers with great prose. I have completed 10 books so far (3 in my name), and my friend, the great critique has been struggling to complete one book for the last ten years. A small publishing house bought one of my novellas for 50k back in 2011. I just remembered this, and it has boosted my confidence again. Though 50k ain't that much, but the fact that a bunch of strangers believe so much in my words that they wrote me a check of 50k for it meant a lot to me.

As I said, I am not trying to be super literal, I am just trying to tell a good love story. I don't want to be known for one GREAT book throughout my existence, I want to be known for writing 50 or more romantic novellas.

Whoa! Thank God I feel better now. Thank you Godmother...You have always been a good friend.

(1) (Reply)

THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® / Why The Dog Have No Horns / Dindy The Lone Wolf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.