Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:12 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (620108 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by melicent: 4:44am On Dec 07, 2016
barbiee:
since she is already a nurse she can apply for registration first as an lpn so she can start earning money while she works on her BSN. OR if she has someone over there in Canada that can invite her over then she can apply to York University for their 20 months BSN program for international nurses. The school will only admit her if she is already on ground there that is why i suggested the lpn route. Or she can do NNAS evaluation and go straight to university depending on what level the school decide to start her on.

thank you very much barbiee for your reply, i appreciate it. sorry for disturbing you, what is the first step to take for lpn registration in canada ? thanks again.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 8:55am On Dec 07, 2016
melicent:

thank you very much barbiee for your reply, i appreciate it. sorry for disturbing you, what is the first step to take for lpn registration in canada ? thanks again.
she has to write and pass ielts first with a score of 7 in all the bands. After that then log on to www.nnas.ca and follow the instructions for lpn registration. It's just like cgfns. NNAS will evaluate her credentials first. After that, the report will be sent to the board of nursing in the province she wants to work in
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by harkynon(m): 9:43am On Dec 07, 2016
Pls anyone with ielts study textbook in pdf format
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by melicent: 11:49am On Dec 07, 2016
barbiee:
she has to write and pass ielts first with a score of 7 in all the bands. After that then log on to www.nnas.ca and follow the instructions for lpn registration. It's just like cgfns. NNAS will evaluate her credentials first. After that, the report will be sent to the board of nursing in the province she wants to work in
Please i need to clarify, can she write OET instead of ielts exam? and what are the necessary steps to take to obtain those forms? and where to get the materials to prepare her for the exam ? thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 1:07am On Dec 08, 2016
melicent:
Please i need to clarify, can she write OET instead of ielts exam? and what are the necessary steps to take to obtain those forms? and where to get the materials to prepare her for the exam ? thanks.
OET is only accepted in Australia, new Zealand and Singapore. Ielts or celban is accepted in Canada. Celban is only available in Canada and usa i think. Her best bet should be ielts since it's widely recognized.

The only step is to register with NNAS and pay the registration fee. Then you can have access to the forms.

There are numerous study materials online for nclex preparation. When she has gotten to that stage, it won't be difficult to get them. That is why we are here. Those that have study materials will be glad to send her soft copies and links to ebooks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
Barbiee , good job. Keep it up, my people are picking points.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by loopy07: 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
@barbiee hey how are you? hope you are doing good. I have so many questions about cgfns that I want to ask you because I want to start my application by January, so Pls send me a pm, let's talk (PS I'm new to Nairaland so I'm not sure about how everything works yet) ,thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
loopy07:
@barbiee hey how are you? hope you are doing good. I have so many questions about cgfns that I want to ask you because I want to start my application by January, so Pls send me a pm, let's talk (PS I'm new to Nairaland so I'm not sure about how everything works yet) ,thank you
check your email. You will receive a message from nairaland you need to reply to.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Ommyk: 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello to everyone in in the house,i have been following this page from the beginning.I am a management graduate but will be relocating to Canada(Nova Scotia) soon and want to pursue nursing.Please anyone knowledgeable on the process and what it will take should enlighten me.I have also been researching but hope to get practical experience from someone who has had a career change,Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ommyk:
Hello to everyone in in the house,i have been following this page from the beginning.I am a management graduate but will be relocating to Canada(Nova Scotia) soon and want to pursue nursing.Please anyone knowledgeable on the process and what it will take should enlighten me.I have also been researching but hope to get practical experience from someone who has had a career change,Thank you
I think the best way to successfully convert to Nursing from a non health field will be to start a nursing program from year one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Ommyk: 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
Thank you Barbie
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kessel: 12:08am On Dec 12, 2016
Hello great nurses,been a while
Hi barbie,all ur efforts are felt,more grease to ur elbow.

Sent u a pm
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jidosky: 10:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hello barbiee,

God bless you for your good work on this forum

please i will like to talk to before i post anything here ........ please here is my mail jidosky@gmali.com

thnaks

Olayemi
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 9:49am On Dec 14, 2016
jidosky:

Hello barbiee,

God bless you for your good work on this forum

please i will like to talk to before i post anything here ........ please here is my mail jidosky@gmali.com

thnaks

Olayemi
Why can't we discuss here? You may ask a question someone with better understanding than I can answer here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by NatalieBimnet(f): 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
Hello All,

Ive been following this thread for a while now. Barbiee you are doing a great job dear. I'll be doing nursing in a couple of months. I'm definitely looking forward to working abroad, although nursing takes four years to complete where I am . My journey abroad is still quite far.
Thanx for the information you've provided for us and will definitely use it in the future.
Kudos to you wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
NatalieBimnet:
Hello All,

Ive been following this thread for a while now. Barbiee you are doing a great job dear. I'll be doing nursing in a couple of months. I'm definitely looking forward to working abroad, although nursing takes four years to complete where I am . My journey abroad is still quite far.
Thanx for the information you've provided for us and will definitely use it in the future.
Kudos to you wink
Thanks dearie, welcome in advance to the nursing family. See you at the too smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 5:33am On Dec 28, 2016
IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

No one should fall for the information in that picture, it's a scam. Please take note that no employer will ask you to pay some money first before you are allowed to attend an interview or get the job. A genuine employer will conduct the interview through Skype and sponsor you over if you get the job.

Please share and rebroadcast, I would hate to see one of my own fall a victim in this time of recession.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by enfield: 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hello all,
Please is there anyone here in Lagos preparing to sit for CPNRE? Kindly pm, if you are looking for a study buddy. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Apple19: 5:02am On Jan 06, 2017
Kudos to you Barbiee... Good Job you're doing here. Pls I want to ask what stage you are in this process as this will help me in my pursuit as well. Planning to Work in Texas too, so I believe your progress will really go a long way in helping me decide. Also, i have a current US visa, can I travel to write the exam in US after the CES evaluation stuff or what can you advise??

TIA. Sis
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 10:11am On Jan 07, 2017
Apple19:
Kudos to you Barbiee... Good Job you're doing here. Pls I want to ask what stage you are in this process as this will help me in my pursuit as well. Planning to Work in Texas too, so I believe your progress will really go a long way in helping me decide. Also, i have a current US visa, can I travel to write the exam in US after the CES evaluation stuff or what can you advise??

TIA. Sis
Hi, so sorry for the late reply. Yes, you can write your exam when you are already in usa. It's good you already have a current visa, let's just hope your CES report will be ready before the visa expires.

For me, I had to place my own on hold because of some unresolved issues with Nursing council and cgfns. But they are currently working on it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Apple19: 12:08am On Jan 08, 2017
Really appreciate your reply sis. But will i have to return back to Nigeria for the filling process or I can always stay back to do all that after writing and passing the exam? Pls I'll really appreciate your response or that of anyone that has sucessfully gone through this to help out! . Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 8:16am On Jan 08, 2017
depends on the duration of your visa. my wife is in the process too and she so far has not gone to nigeria for any process...she is about to write nclex and is waiting for ATT from Michigan BON
Apple19:
Really appreciate your reply sis. But will i have to return back to Nigeria for the filling process or I can always stay back to do all that after writing and passing the exam? Pls I'll really appreciate your response or that of anyone that has sucessfully gone through this to help out! . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 3:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
Apple19:
Exactly what @Tunjinodaysoff has said. You don't have to come back for anything. You can send your forms to your school and nursing council from any part of the world.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Apple19: 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
@tundenidayodd and @Barbiee... Really appreciate you guys though am still in Nigeria my visa expires this November, I've been on this for over six months now cos my "great" school has been on strike since then. CGFNS receives my Licence verification but had to cancel my order cos it was over 3months I initiated it. Don't know if the docs they received will still be valid till my school resumes. Thanks a lot

N:B Pls am open to suggestions and advices biko
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 12:50am On Jan 09, 2017
Apple19:
@tundenidayodd and @Barbiee... Really appreciate you guys though am still in Nigeria my visa expires this November, I've been on this for over six months now cos my "great" school has been on strike since then. CGFNS receives my Licence verification but had to cancel my order cos it was over 3months I initiated it. Don't know if the docs they received will still be valid till my school resumes. Thanks a lot

N:B Pls am open to suggestions and advices biko
if you paid the $350 application fee and you have sent your license validation form to cgfns then your application should be valid for 1 year not 3 months. It will only be cancelled after 3 months if you have not paid the registration fee. Can't you contact your principal/Dean or the secretary Since your school is on strike? If you can then just ask them to send your transcript form to cgfns.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Franksuccess: 6:45am On Jan 09, 2017
Pips just a general advice any NRN coming to Australia as a students please be careful of agencies like PFL or BCIE. Unto masters in nursing. In most cases the program is useless as upon completion you will be unable to register with their board. Its best you do bsc graduate entry.
Don't be a victim
Also Chief Barbie how do I get my council certificate I graduated 2012.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 10:12am On Jan 09, 2017
meanwhile i dunno how true this is but i think some areas in Canada accept Academic module for immigration purposes. I heard Quebec
barbiee:
Exactly what @Tunjinodaysoff has said. You don't have to come back for anything. You can send your forms to your school and nursing council from any part of the world.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by occie3: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
Unto masters in nursing. In most cases the program is useless as upon completion you will be unable to register with their board. Its best you do bsc graduate entry.

@Frank success does this info also include master of nursing graduate entry for non nurses as it is also accredited by the council? Fewer schools do this program.

There is a difference between master of nursing and master of nursing; graduate entry. This is also done in other countries.

Please let us know what's happening there as the schools and the regulation board cannot be saying one thing and turing around doing another.

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Accreditation/Approved-programs-of-study.aspx

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Franksuccess: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
occie3:
Unto masters in nursing. In most cases the program is useless as upon completion you will be unable to register with their board. Its best you do bsc graduate entry.

@Frank success does this info also include master of nursing graduate entry for non nurses as it is also accredited by the council? Fewer schools do this program.

There is a difference between master of nursing and master of nursing; graduate entry. This is also done in other countries.

Please let us know what's happening there as the schools and the regulation board cannot be saying one thing and turing around doing another.

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Accreditation/Approved-programs-of-study.aspx

Bros i respect you. You see that one that is accredited is the only good masters in nursing.
It come with registration it is sweet done only by few schools
Me i discovered it just this year
I know either university of Melbourne does it please broadcast the school. Haliru needs to know it. u can share it. That programme is the only good masters in nursing.
I replied ur pm lets community further. Check ur email . I 4 gv m my wstssapp but moderator warns against it
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Apple19: 12:34am On Jan 11, 2017
barbiee:
if you paid the $350 application fee and you have sent your license validation form to cgfns then your application should be valid for 1 year not 3 months. It will only be cancelled after 3 months if you have not paid the registration fee. Can't you contact your principal/Dean or the secretary Since your school is on strike? If you can then just ask them to send your transcript form to cgfns.

Thanks.... I finished from a University and I can't even contact my departmental HOD talk more of Dean. And No I've not paid cos I was having issues with my card and couldn't make payment till the stuff expires. And please, I need step on this things.... Am I supposed to register with BON before CES or vice versa?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 11:14am On Jan 12, 2017
Apple19:

Thanks.... I finished from a University and I can't even contact my departmental HOD talk more of Dean. And No I've not paid cos I was having issues with my card and couldn't make payment till the stuff expires. And please, I need step on this things.... Am I supposed to register with BON before CES or vice versa?
since you haven't paid you can register again when you are ready, As for the steps, they have been provided on this forum already as well as the answer to your question.
Try locating your collegues on social media, hopefully one of them will have the contact or at least knows someone that knows someone who is in touch with the school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (219) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.